GUILTY Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't seen that Agreed Statement of Facts before. Dated May 31 of this year. Very interesting.

Wow!

I've just got caught up on the tweets from Thursday and Friday. Wow!

Thanks to Kamila, Aber, and others for posting the tweets here. Terrific job.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

From cansleuther... In a 2015 interview Cheyenne told reporters that she never dated Saretzky and that she hadn't spoken to him in three years.

Dunbar said she chummed with Saretzky years ago but clarified they had never dated and she hadn’t talked to him in three years.

“That was years ago, we were great friends. It tears me apart knowing friends would do something like that,” she said.

“I completely forgot about Derek. He was nothing after I left. Nothing,” she said.

I wish the nature of Cheyenne and Derek's relationship would be clarified and confirmed once and for all. It's odd to say "we were great friends" and then "I completely forgot about Derek." It seems like something more went on here - not necessarily a romantic relationship. Not sure what happened between them, but it sounds strange.

Just sharing a write up I found on our amazing Officer Mike McCauley. I haven't brought myself to go to the trial. I may go later next week. Does anyone know where our sweet girls memorial is? I've also seen the van mentioned here a few times. Didn't I hear one of his relatives reported it missing? https://fortsaskonline.com/local/property-crime-an-area-to-improve-on-says-staff-sergeant

I wonder why he's been removed from homicide and interrogations and put on property crime? :waitasec:

I don't know why but I've been having this nagging feeling that the defence is going to seriously challenge that confession due to the way Sgt McCauley spoke to DS and pulled it out of him. Anyone else been getting that vibe? Not that it would make a difference considering it appears that he knew a LOT of things that only the killer would know. And the evidence in the van belonging to his family.

MOO

From cansleuther... In a 2015 interview Cheyenne told reporters that she never dated Saretzky and that she hadn't spoken to him in three years.

Dunbar said she chummed with Saretzky years ago but clarified they had never dated and she hadn’t talked to him in three years.

“That was years ago, we were great friends. It tears me apart knowing friends would do something like that,” she said.

“I completely forgot about Derek. He was nothing after I left. Nothing,” she said.

I wish the nature of Cheyenne and Derek's relationship would be clarified and confirmed once and for all. It's odd to say "we were great friends" and then "I completely forgot about Derek." It seems like something more went on here - not necessarily a romantic relationship. Not sure what happened between them, but it sounds strange.

Has Cheyenne been in the courtroom? Perhaps she's going to be a Crown witness and clarify their relationship for the jury?

CD was 4 years younger than DS, and 7 years younger than Terry. She would have been 16 or 17 when she got pregnant in early 2012, the same year she says she last spoke to DS. I think, at that age especially, it's pretty common for a girl to pal around with a guy who's too shy to ask her out on a date. She has no idea how he feels, cause he hides it. Then she meet an older, more experienced guy and gets romantically involved, and does literally, forget about everyone except her new boyfriend for a while, and then she has her baby to think about. The guy friend's too jealous/feels too rejected to get in touch with her again.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I was trying to figure out how long DS may have had Hailey for alive but at this time there is not enough information to go on. We know the neighbour of T heard a child's cry around 3:20 and 3:30am. The van was spotted on CCTV at 3:31am. DS's uncle KS reported the van was missing sometime between September 13th and 14th, so obviously the van was returned sometime on the 14th. Did LE have a suspect in mind when the put out the Amber Alert on the 14th at 2:15pm but couldn't locate DS with the van? At 6:52 LE updated their Amber Alert stating the whip flag had a blue light on it. I wonder if they got that information from KS/LS because the van was missing. It seems as if DS's uncle or father, on the 14th heard the Amber Alert and the description of the company van, called LE. But that doesn't really narrow down the time to how long it was missing. Unless there is something very telling in the SOF that reads 'DS was in the area around the time van #5 was returned.' To me that sounds like someone witnessed him returning in the van. But again a time hasn't been given if this was the case. Perhaps we will hear from such witness if there is one. Might be his uncle or someone else, as his father has already testified. Has anyone been able to narrow a time down? Am I missing something? TIA.

What might be more telling is DS's cousin being at the acreage September 15th at 2pm and finding smoke still present from the fire. That would be 34 1/2 hours from the time H was abducted. IMO I find it bizarre and hard to believehot coals/smoke would still be present so many hours later. Even 24 hours later seems like a long time to have smoldering IMO. So how long was this poor baby tormented by this monster?

I still believe the motive for this taking H from her home was because he is a sadistic sexual deviant, and he incinerated her remains because there would be no evidence to prove rape. He is nothing but a liar and pure evil and I for one do not buy he had voices in his head....part of his cop out BS. Typical motive for an adult male murdering a child is sexually motivated. Coincidentally Hanne found only in underwear...I'm not buy it, I'd say sexually motivated.

Has it been mentioned what the books were titled that were found in the fired pit? Also, the rubber soles and fabric found in the fire pit, any mention yet if those were belongings of H's? Telltale sign IMO is if the fabric was her clothing, why would he need to remove her clothing? If he didn't remove her clothing/shoes then they should have been ashes long before her body disintegrated. Also, was it mentioned yet whose blood was found in the van? I guess that information would come from forensic expert. But they have mentioned it was T's blood found throughout his house. ALL MOO.

The family owns a dry cleaning business in the Crowsnest Pass of southwestern Alberta. When he and his brother noticed one of the company vans had been moved around the day Blanchette’s body was discovered and Hailey was missing, Larry Saretzky said they called the police.

RCMP were already looking to speak to Derek Saretzky who they had identified as a person of interest. While officers waited nearby, Larry Saretzky said he talked to his son.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...-alberta-triple-murder-trial/article35301507/

I was trying to figure out how long DS may have had Hailey for alive but at this time there is not enough information to go on. We know the neighbour of T heard a child's cry around 3:20 and 3:30am. The van was spotted on CCTV at 3:31am. DS's uncle KS reported the van was missing sometime between September 13th and 14th, so obviously the van was returned sometime on the 14th. Did LE have a suspect in mind when the put out the Amber Alert on the 14th at 2:15pm but couldn't locate DS with the van? At 6:52 LE updated their Amber Alert stating the whip flag had a blue light on it. I wonder if they got that information from KS/LS because the van was missing. It seems as if DS's uncle or father, on the 14th heard the Amber Alert and the description of the company van, called LE. But that doesn't really narrow down the time to how long it was missing. Unless there is something very telling in the SOF that reads 'DS was in the area around the time van #5 was returned.' To me that sounds like someone witnessed him returning in the van. But again a time hasn't been given if this was the case. Perhaps we will hear from such witness if there is one. Might be his uncle or someone else, as his father has already testified. Has anyone been able to narrow a time down? Am I missing something? TIA.

What might be more telling is DS's cousin being at the acreage September 15th at 2pm and finding smoke still present from the fire. That would be 34 1/2 hours from the time H was abducted. IMO I find it bizarre and hard to believehot coals/smoke would still be present so many hours later. Even 24 hours later seems like a long time to have smoldering IMO. So how long was this poor baby tormented by this monster?

I still believe the motive for this taking H from her home was because he is a sadistic sexual deviant, and he incinerated her remains because there would be no evidence to prove rape. He is nothing but a liar and pure evil and I for one do not buy he had voices in his head....part of his cop out BS. Typical motive for an adult male murdering a child is sexually motivated. Coincidentally Hanne found only in underwear...I'm not buy it, I'd say sexually motivated.

Has it been mentioned what the books were titled that were found in the fired pit? Also, the rubber soles and fabric found in the fire pit, any mention yet if those were belongings of H's? Telltale sign IMO is if the fabric was her clothing, why would he need to remove her clothing? If he didn't remove her clothing/shoes then they should have been ashes long before her body disintegrated. Also, was it mentioned yet whose blood was found in the van? I guess that information would come from forensic expert. But they have mentioned it was T's blood found throughout his house. ALL MOO.

The family owns a dry cleaning business in the Crowsnest Pass of southwestern Alberta. When he and his brother noticed one of the company vans had been moved around the day Blanchette’s body was discovered and Hailey was missing, Larry Saretzky said they called the police.

RCMP were already looking to speak to Derek Saretzky who they had identified as a person of interest. While officers waited nearby, Larry Saretzky said he talked to his son.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...-alberta-triple-murder-trial/article35301507/
Check my previous post and link to agreed statement of facts

Warning! Graphic. Autopsy results today.

[Presumably] Hailey's Autopsy:

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 1h1 hour ago
Back in Lethbridge for Derek #Saretzky 3x murder trial. We'll hear victim's autopsy results + accused's aunt today

Nick Kuhl‏ @NKuhlHerald 40m40 minutes ago
Jury is now sitting. First witness today is medical examiner who ruled on bodies of Terry and Hailey.

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 39m39 minutes ago
Jury brought in. Judge says autopsy pics won't be put up on big screen. Jurors can choose whether they look in their booklets

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 38m38 minutes ago
Jurors get direction on weighing expert evidence: Just b/c these experts have given an opinion, doesn't mean you must accept it

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 34m34 minutes ago
Medical examiner Dr. Tera Jones will refer to the bones found in fire ashes on campsite property.

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 33m33 minutes ago
Dr. Tera Jones is first on the stand today. The medical examiner is now being qualified as an expert witness

Nick Kuhl‏ @NKuhlHerald 32m32 minutes ago
Jones confirmed as expert in pathology and medicine, as well as cause and manner of death. Has testified in more than 50 cases.

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 30m30 minutes ago
Examination occurred on Sept 18, 2015

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 30m30 minutes ago
Jones says she examined many specimens including bone fragments. She assembled them into anatomical position first.

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 31m31 minutes ago
Bones had "various different tool marks" on them

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 30m30 minutes ago
Jones says she noticed some bones had marks in them. Right thigh bone had six wounds caused by cutting edge.

Nick Kuhl‏ @NKuhlHerald 29m29 minutes ago
Five incised wounds on left thigh, three incised wounds on left rib fragment. Something that was burned is "delicate & brittle."

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 29m29 minutes ago
Conclusions: Unusual to have a child's remains w/ these tool marks and in such a burned state. Can't say what cause of death is

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 29m29 minutes ago
"It wasn't in keeping with a natural death," Dr. Jones says, but admits she can't determine cause of death from charred bones

Nick Kuhl‏ @NKuhlHerald 26m26 minutes ago
Tooth fragments and right femur (thigh bone) fragments being discussed by Jones.

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 26m26 minutes ago
Dr. Jones notes 5 "very linear incised wounds" on left thigh bone

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 24m24 minutes ago
According to the agreed statement of facts the extensive burning made it impossible to identify each bone fragment or confirm DNA.

@CBCMeg
@CTVKaellaCarr
@NKuhlHerald
@PatrickBurles

Note: I'd imagine info was given as stated in the agreed statement of facts re: age and sex of remains given that they could not obtain DNA.

Note: I removed the #Saretzky hashtag to reduce text. Mods please lmk if this is not okay. Thanks

Terry's Autopsy:

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 23m23 minutes ago
Dr. Jones moving on to autopsy of Terry Blanchette

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 23m23 minutes ago
Crown states that Terry's autopsy report is much longer than Hailey's

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 27m27 minutes ago
"I did find various different types of trauma," Dr. Jones says of Terry's autopsy. Both blunt and sharp force injuries

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 26m26 minutes ago
Jones says there was a skin tear on Terry's forehead from an object hitting him. He had a fractured skull & bruise on his brain.

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 25m25 minutes ago
Dr. Jones starts with a depressed fracture to Terry's forehead. Says it resulted in bruising to surface of his brain

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 22m22 minutes ago
More fractures noted to right side of Terry's skull. Dr. Jones says they resulted in additional bruising to his brain

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 21m21 minutes ago
Dr. Jones points out she found "black foreign material" imbedded in the bone

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 21m21 minutes ago
Dr. Jones could not identify the foreign material

Nick Kuhl‏ @NKuhlHerald 22m22 minutes ago
Lacerations and fractures to right side of Blanchette's head as well, Jones says.

Nick Kuhl‏ @NKuhlHerald 19m19 minutes ago
Vertical laceration to posterior left scalp, Jones says.

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 17m17 minutes ago
Various hemorrhages noted to the membrane covering Terry's brain. Dr. Jones says his heart would have been beating at the time

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 15m15 minutes ago
An abrupt stop in Dr. Jones autopsy findings. Believed a member of the jury needed a break

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 10m10 minutes ago
Jury back in courtroom for #Saretzky trial. Medical examiner Dr. Tera Jones testimony continues. She's on injury #7 now, still on head/face

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 8m8 minutes ago
Jones says there was a red, horizontal, mark on the back of Terry Blanchette's neck. We are at injury 12. Most on head and neck.

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 8m8 minutes ago
More injuries described on lip, ear, neck, jaw

Nick Kuhl‏ @NKuhlHerald 7m7 minutes ago
Injury No. 17 now being described by Jones: multiple abrasions on Terry's chest.

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 5m5 minutes ago
Jones says there was also hemorrhaging on Terry's back and multiple abrasions on his arms.

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 6m6 minutes ago
Dr. Jones going over multiple bruises and abrasions to Terry's head, neck, back, arms, chest. Blunt force injuries now up to 22

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 3m3 minutes ago
More blunt force injuries on: chest, upper back, mid back, lower back, upper arms, elbows, forearms

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 4m4 minutes ago
30 blunt force injuries total. Last described were on legs.

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 4m4 minutes ago
Jones says there were 12 sharp force injuries on Terry's body.

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 53s54 seconds ago
Sharp force injuries noted to Terry's cheek and below left ear

Neck Injury (Varying accounts)

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 1m1 minute ago
Jones says Terry had multiple cuts on the back of his neck. He also had a cut on the front of his neck that was 25.5 cm.

Nick Kuhl‏ @NKuhlHerald 1m1 minute ago
A 25 cm by 5 cm gaping wound found on Terry's neck.

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 1m1 minute ago
Dr. Jones moves to "a gaping wound" on Terry's neck, measuring 25 cm

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 9m9 minutes ago
25cm "gaping wound" on Blanchette's neck from earlobe to earlobe

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 53s53 seconds ago
Based on tissue reaction, Dr. Jones says "The heart was pumping at the time" when Terry's throat was cut

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 29s29 seconds ago
Jones found blood in Terry's airway made when cut severed his jugular artery. Evidence shows he would have been alive at time.

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 1m1 minute ago
Knife injures: left cheek (gash), left ear (stab), back of scalp (cut & stab), another on back of head, left jaw stab into muscle

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 7m7 minutes ago
Jones: One sharp force wound hit chest cavity and rib. Fluid found in chest cavity.

Nick Kuhl‏ @NKuhlHerald 6m6 minutes ago
More diagonal neck wounds being described by Jones.

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 7m7 minutes ago
Three stab wounds identified to Terry's neck

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 6m6 minutes ago
12 knife injuries in total. Final ones described: chest, back of neck

Nick Kuhl‏ @NKuhlHerald 5m5 minutes ago
Jones: Severe blunt wounds and multiple sharp force, lacerations and skull fractures and incised stab wounds caused Terry's death

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 5m5 minutes ago
Jones concludes Terry had severe blunt trauma and sharp force wounds. Says gaping wound on neck involved significant arteries.

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 4m4 minutes ago
Jones says she didn't see anything specific about Terry being choked but admits gaping wound made that difficult to see.

Nick Kuhl‏ @NKuhlHerald 4m4 minutes ago
Crown has no further questions to Jones. Defence begins cross exam.

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 3m3 minutes ago
Defence asking about different colours of bruises. Green vs yellow: do they take minutes? No, longer she says

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 3m3 minutes ago
Jones says one bruising was more faint but says there was fresh tissue hemorrhaging. Says different colours tell different things

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 3m3 minutes ago
Jones says she can tell when bruises are older. Yellow and green ones may be days or even weeks old.

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 3m3 minutes ago
Defence asks about green and yellow bruises to Terry's legs. Dr. Jones says they would probably have been older than a few hours

Nick Kuhl‏ @NKuhlHerald 3m3 minutes ago
Jones says some bruising more faint, indicating some may have happened days earlier. Says people react differently

Patrick Burles‏ @PatrickBurles 3m3 minutes ago
She documented them because they were blunt force injuries

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 41s41 seconds ago
Jones says she didn't draw any conclusions on length of object(s) used to make a sharp force wounds

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 33s34 seconds ago
Jones is finished and Derek Saretzky's aunt is the next witness.

@BillGraveland
@BorsatoSam
@CBCMeg
@CTVKaellaCarr
@KMartinCourts
@NKuhlHerald
@PatrickBurles
@quinnLcampbell

. Has anyone been able to narrow a time down? Am I missing something? TIA.

What might be more telling is DS's cousin being at the acreage September 15th at 2pm and finding smoke still present from the fire. That would be 34 1/2 hours from the time H was abducted. IMO I find it bizarre and hard to believehot coals/smoke would still be present so many hours later.

It doesn't seem anyone, including LE checking surveillance, have been able to nail down when the van was returned.

DS's uncle reported the van to police at 17:47 pm on the 14th. He identified van #5, among the several the company possessed, because the odometer showed someone had used it without permission: companies keep a notebook in each van recording who used it and the odometer at the beginning and end of each trip, so no one can use it for personal stuff.

Police towed it to their lab and found evidence of blood. At that point they would have intensely questioned the family about who might have used it, and DS was identified as having used the van in the past. Also, since he lived at the cleaners, he would have been the one who could most easily take and return the keys.

That was when he became a suspect, overnight the 14th-15th.

The family/employees evidently could remember the van was there on the 13th, and it was there again on the 14th, but I don't believe anyone saw DS return it, that would have come out.

I strongly expect he would have returned it before people arrived for work, because a) if anyone noticed it missing, they'd have reported it stolen and b) if he was seen returning ithe'd get into trouble for unauthorized use of the van: he was going to court that week on charges of break and enter, the business would not be easygoing about him using the van overnight.

I suspect he was believed to have he slept at his apartment that night (ie he hadn't been at his mother's, like he was the next night), he may have been seen at the drycleaners sometime after he 'got up' on the 14th.

What is unknown is whether he had his own car. I get the impression he did not.

I'm not surprised about a fire still smouldering days after, it must have been a very big, very hot fire, he didn't have much water (if any, that could have been a lie so as not to make people mad that he didn't properly put it out), in warm dry weather I think it could smoulder for days unless buckets and buckets of water were used to put it out.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Updated last post to include remainder of testimony. Court now breaking for lunch.

[video=twitter;876857846834634752]https://twitter.com/CBCMeg/status/876857846834634752[/video]
[video=twitter;876858006381748227]https://twitter.com/CBCMeg/status/876858006381748227[/video]
[video=twitter;876858122463326208]https://twitter.com/CTVKaellaCarr/status/876858122463326208[/video]

Just noticed the date on the searches say 2016... sure hope that got fixed (RE: Agreed Statement of Facts)

Some detail not mentioned via Twitter here:

“He gave me a really dirty look,” Saretzky said, adding Blanchette had “come after him…with a bat.”
“That was a couple years ago.”
McCauley asked: “Was that over Cheyenne?” referring to Hailey’s mother.
“Yeah I think so…” Saretzky said. “He kept on following me and stalking me.”
“So it was payback at least?” McCauley asked.
“Yeah, I guess,” Saretzky said.

At least the stalking part I don't recall seeing... but this also confirms that his response did include "I guess" which may be relevent to the defences

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/rcmp-find-remains-of-missing-toddler-in-crowsnest-pass

Carmellia Saretzky (Aunt) Testimony:

Reminder: Hanne was found dead September 9th, 2015.

@PatrickBurles
Carmellia Saretzky, Derek #Saretzky's aunt, is now on the stand

@CTVKaellaCarr
Carmellia Saretzky owns the rural property where Hailey's remains were found.

@NKuhlHerald
Carmellia has role at Catholic Church in Blairmore. Her husband Kevin is the brother of Larry (Derek's father).

@NancyHixt
Carmellia #Saretzky says she attends Holy Trinity Catholic church in the Crowsnest Pass

@CTVKaellaCarr
Carmellia says she was surprised to see her nephew at church on September 8th, 2015. Says she hadn't seen him there in years.

@NKuhlHerald
Derek was at church by himself. Carmellia went over and hugged him.

@CTVKaellaCarr
Carmellia "he was sitting near the candles, slouched down, with his knees up again the pew."

@CBCMeg
"I gave him a big hug, told him I was happy to see him in church," says Carmeilla of her nephew

@NKuhlHerald
"I told him I was happy to see him in church," Carmellia said. Was happy at first, then "seemed lost."

@CBCMeg
"He had a big smile .. but it quickly turned to sorrow and sadness. He looked lost, he was shaking," said Carmeilla

@CTVKaellaCarr
Carmellia says she invited him for supper. They stopped at his apartment, first, then drove to her house in Coleman.

@CTVKaellaCarr
Carmellia says #Saretzky inhaled his supper but she could tell something was wrong "He told me he hadn't taken drugs for awhile."

@CBCMeg
Carmeilla kept asking if he was ok. Not joking around like usual. Said he hadn't done drugs in awhile. Was shaking

@CTVKaellaCarr
Carmellia says he was shaking, pacing, that night. He told her he had done something bad but couldn't tell her.

@PatrickBurles
"He just wasn't himself," Carmellia says, noting #Saretzky continued to shake, was quiet and withdrawn. She kept asking what was wrong

@CBCMeg
"Derek, what's wrong, tell auntie .. I'll help you," Carmeilla says to him. "Do we need to go to police?" #Saretzky says "no"

@NancyHixt
Carmellia encouraged #Saretzky to go to police-asked if it is so bad he would go to jail- he said “not unless they figure out it’s me”

@NancyHixt
Carmellia said #Saretzky was acting strange- “He would blurt out stuff that we couldn’t understand”- said "he had done something bad”

@CBCMeg
After dinner in living room, dogs cuddled up to Derek. Carmeilla went to 7/11 to get his fave ice cream (strawberry)

@PatrickBurles
"He didn't want to be alone," Carmellia says. He stayed until around 10:30, then she gave him a ride back to his apartment

@CBCMeg
Carmeilla offered for Derek to stay the night. He declined. Around 10:30 she drove him to his apt in Blairmore

@CTVKaellaCarr
Carmellia says she offered him a ride to his mom's house. Instead, she drove him to his apartment in Blairmore.

@CBCMeg
Next day: Carmeilla returns to church. Derek is there again. He sits with her.

@NancyHixt
Carmellia testifies she went to court again Sept 9/15-- once again Derek #Saretzky is there "he still looked sad and lonely, but calmer"

@CBCMeg
Carmeilla had a funeral to attend after mass but there was some time in between. Took Derek for coffee then to "the ranch."

@CTVKaellaCarr
Carmellia and Derek then grabbed coffee and food and headed to "The Ranch" a rural property her family owns 7km from Blairmore.

@CTVKaellaCarr
Court is now looking at photos of the rural property Carmellia's family owns.

@PatrickBurles
Carmellia notes that #Saretzky had been there before for family get-togethers

@CBCMeg
There's a few trailers on the property. Looking at photos of the area now. Fire pit put in by her son & daughter in law

@PatrickBurles
Carmellia says no one was using the campsite on Sept 9. It was usually used on weekends

@PatrickBurles
She says they always made a point of putting the fire out when they were done at the campsite

@NancyHixt
the accused Derek #Saretzky smiles throughout this testimony...

@PatrickBurles
On Sept 9 when he joined her at campsite, he looked around their trailer, then walked around the area

@CBCMeg
Carmeilla says at "the ranch" Derek was walking around. He asked how often ppl go there. She says mostly on weekends

@CTVKaellaCarr
Carmellia says Derek seemed particularly interested in the wood pile. Says they stayed on the property for maybe 20 minutes.

@PatrickBurles
#Saretzky wouldn't talk about what was bothering him, so Carmellia says she took him home

@PatrickBurles
As they left, #Saretzky thanked her for taking him up there and getting him some fresh air. Got "that lost look" again

@CTVKaellaCarr
Carmellia says that he seemed lost and she tried, unsuccessfully, to talk to him. Dropped Derek off at his apartment.

@CBCMeg
Carmeilla says she knew Hanne Meketech, that she was her Special Olympics coach

@CTVKaellaCarr
Crown is done with Carmellia and defence is cross-examining her now.

@CBCMeg
Carmeilla says she got a call from her son on Sept. 15. She doesn't get into what was said but says she advised him to call 911.

@CBCMeg
From agreed statement of facts, we know Carmeilla's son saw fire pit was smoking and saw alarming items in the ashes

@PatrickBurles
She says Hanne told her about money hidden in the freezer in her home

@CTVKaellaCarr
Carmellia is done on the stand. Witnesses done for the day. Tomorrow we will hear from four police officers

@BillGraveland
@BorsatoSam
@CBCMeg
@CTVKaellaCarr
@KMartinCourts
@NKuhlHerald
@PatrickBurles
@quinnLcampbell

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online