GUILTY Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“I knew he was involved”: father of Derek Saretzky in triple murder trial

“He told me she was in heaven.”

Larry Saretzky made the statement with tears streaming down his face Tuesday afternoon (June 13), as he testified in the triple homicide trial of his son, Derek Saretzky.

[...]

Larry’s testimony began with him breaking down on the stand when Crown prosecutor, Photini Papadatou, asked if he had any children. After responding that he had three sons, and with tears still in his eyes, he pointed to the prisoner’s box and identified Derek as one of them.

http://lethbridgenewsnow.com/articl...ved-father-derek-saretzky-triple-murder-trial

Moving to Saretzky’s apartment, located next to Prestige Cleaning, Cpl. Ridding identified a couple of red stains on the walls, a number of latex gloves throughout the property – some of which tested positive for blood – and a significant number of knives. He also photographed a crowbar, a hammer, a hatchet, three box cutters, and a pair of cowboy boots – one of which had blood on the toe – and a measuring cup that had blood in it.

In the Crown’s opening statement, they told the jury that the blood belonged to Saretzky.

Taken from
http://lethbridgenewsnow.com/articl...ved-father-derek-saretzky-triple-murder-trial

In the opening statement it said it was his own blood...

I can't figure out how to add quotes from the news stories. I am using my iPhone and I also can't add photos. 😞

If he took his own blood and put it in a container, he may have been trying to recreate some kind of Eucharist and Communion (Blood of Christ.)

If he took his own blood and put it in a container, he may have been trying to recreate some kind of Eucharist and Communion (Blood of Christ.)

So did he drink it? This evidence picture shows just some residue at the bottom.

bisboz.jpg

Measuring cup with blood in it, found in Saretzky's apartment
Court exhibit

I think something "ceremonial" may have taken place at his place based on the notes scribbled on the hit list and the calendar at his place. Also, there is innuendo of cannibalism in this case and this may be an analogy to the the Last Supper i.e. "eat of my flesh" as symbolism.

I think we are sure to see a NCR defence. I can't imagine what else they can come up with. The evidence so far is compelling in proving Saretzky's guilt.

I really want to know what his demeanour is like in the courtroom. I wish the Reporters would tweet more about that.

I think we are sure to see a NCR defence. I can't imagine what else they can come up with. The evidence so far is compelling in proving Saretzky's guilt.

I really want to know what his demeanour is like in the courtroom. I wish the Reporters would tweet more about that.

Since DS confessed to all three murders at the time of his arrest, wouldn't his attorney(s) have claimed a defence of NCR before going to trial and perhaps even requested trial by judge only?

Since DS confessed to all three murders at the time of his arrest, wouldn't his attorney(s) have claimed a defence of NCR before going to trial and perhaps even requested trial by judge only?

I don't know the answer to that. I don't think the Defence has to divulge anything prior to trial. I may be completely wrong about that but I think I am correct.

As for a Judge vs. jury trial. I think you go with a Jury. With a Judge I'm thinking it would be harder to play on emotion. With a Jury, you've got a shot.

MOO

I don't know the answer to that. I don't think the Defence has to divulge anything prior to trial. I may be completely wrong about that but I think I am correct.

As for a Judge vs. jury trial. I think you go with a Jury. With a Judge I'm thinking it would be harder to play on emotion. With a Jury, you've got a shot.

MOO

Well if DS is truly NCR due to a mental disorder, it would be in his best interest to announce this as his defence and to go with a trial by judge only who would not allow emotion to play a part in the verdict and would weigh the opinions of the doctors for both sides of the argument.

Usually, in a case as horrific as this where there is a young child involved, a trial by jury is the worst possible choice for someone who is claiming they are NCR. Here is a good article about some of Canada's most prominent cases involving NCR defences. Not sure if all of them claimed this prior to trial.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2718174/list-canadas-prominent-not-criminally-responsible-ncr-cases/

MOO

He wasn't a suspect in Hanne's death. If the neighbour hadn't got out of bed and gone to another room to get a good look at the van, would DS's father have directly confronted him, and taken him to police?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I'm beginning to put a theory together. This is all MOO and I actually can't believe I'm going to write this.

WARNING IT MAY GET GRAPHIC.

I am quite sure that mental illness is at the centre of all of this and I am not going to be surprised to hear evidence to suggest a psychotic break or psychotic schizophrenia.

My theory is that DS was hearing voices and believed he was possessed. I'm going to guess that the voices told him to kill to get rid of the voices/possession. When the murder of the first victim didn't quell the voices he decided he needed to kill more. Terry came next but only to get to Hailey "the hideous child". I think he believed that Hailey was the source of his possession. I'm going to bet he saw her as a demon in disguise thus the "hideous" comment.

His own blood in a cup, and unfortunately I'm going to guess cannibalism as a ritual to rid himself of a demon or voices.

His attempt to cleanse himself may have started with either going to Mass or thinking about going to church.

He needed be "set free" of whatever was getting to him. He needed "fresh medicine". He needed strength to get free. Strength came from killing and other acts. Hailey was the ultimate attempt to set himself free.

I can't believe I just wrote these horrible words. I feel like I just wrote a horror novel.

MOO
Interesting theory. But I am inclined to think jealousy/unrequited love (or infatuation) in regards to Chy plays a role. "Hideous baby" maybe coming from his anger and resentment at what Terry and Chy had created together. Something he wanted for himself with her. MOO.

DS's "incoherent gibberish" and talking like there was a third person there could also very well have been drug induced as opposed to mental illness. His grandfather said he didn't want him around because of his drug and alcohol abuse.

DS's "incoherent gibberish" and talking like there was a third person there could also very well have been drug induced as opposed to mental illness. His grandfather said he didn't want him around because of his drug and alcohol abuse.

Yes but many with undiagnosed mental health issues self-medicate with drugs and alcohol.

Mental illness is common amongst a population suffering from substance abuse and addiction. The relationship is so strong that many people believe the drugs play a causative role in the development of the mental illness. In most instances, this is not the case. In the United States, approximately 8.9 million people have both a mental health and a substance abuse issue.
http://drugabuse.com/library/mental-health-and-drug-abuse/

[FONT=&quot]By far the most common issue connecting mental illness and substance abuse is the intention of patients to medicate the mental health symptoms that they find disruptive or uncomfortable by using alcohol and drugs.[/FONT]
http://www.dualdiagnosis.org/mental-health-and-addiction/the-connection/

Some startling and fascinating statistics in that second link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28
Back