GUILTY Canada - Tess Richey, 22, Toronto, 25 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello, stumbled across and still reading but wanted to say normally I see photos released as nothing but a blur. However I feel like these are good enough for someone to recognise. So have to agree he may not be sociable/transient type or not from the area. Are the main news station flashing this picture around in prime time ? Also what is the definition of village ? Is it a suburb or a small area within a suburb ? From local perspective.
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, stumbled across and still reading but wanted to say normally I see photos released as nothing but a blur. However I feel like these are good enough for someone to recognise. So have to agree he may not be sociable/transient type or not from the area. Are the main news station flashing this picture around in prime time ? Also what is the definition of village ? Is it a suburb or a small area within a suburb ? From local perspective.
Thank you.

The Village is a neighbourhood of Toronto -- in this case, Toronto's historically LGBTQ+ neighbourhood. It spans a few square blocks with gay bars, drag clubs, but also just a lot of standard businesses and of late a lot of banks, etc. Tess Richey's body was found one block north of the Church & Wellesley intersection that gives the neighbourhood its name and across the street from the 519 community center.

As for media, I haven't really seen this image on CP24 as much as I would have expected for a case like this. It's been all over social media but I'm not sure how much it's penetrated the consciousness of people who don't spend as much of their lives online.

There's definitely a feeling in the community that this case and a string of other missing persons cases in the area have been neglected by police and media.

Thank you LushGerbil - that's pretty close to what I had envisioned. So it would be a hub of activity I can totally imagine younger people wondering through an area like this chatting to people on the way, saying hello and meeting strangers. How sinister of him to take advantage of this young woman out enjoying life ! Let's hope they get he image out so someone can call it in

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...where-they-are-least-safe-as-residents-vanish
Victor Ferreira
December 19, 2017
9:13 PM
People are vanishing from Toronto's LGBTQ safe space. Now community fears haven is becoming hunting ground

At least 12 people have gone missing since April in the Church and Wellesley neighbourhood known as the Village. Three, including Tess Richey, were found dead
Half of those reported missing were found safe — some cases were closed mere days after they opened. But each time a new name and photo is released, the Village listens. Each case — regardless of how long a person is missing — adds to the panic.

The longer the list grows, the more the community is left to wonder — how can this happen in the place they sought for an acceptance that could never be guaranteed elsewhere? The Village is supposed to grant those who’ve lived without acceptance, in the midst of hate, homophobia and transphobia because of their sexuality, a home
But now they’re wondering whether it’s become like a hunting ground
tess_richey_11.jpg
Tess Richey vanished after a night out with a friend in the Village early on Saturday, Nov. 25, 2017. Facebook

I can't believe this guy hasn't been caught yet.

Were there any conventions in town that week/weekend? Does LE ever ask local hotels for rosters of out of town guests in cases like this? How about Uber/Lyft records?

Need more public awareness in this case. The pic of the suspect should be posted Canada wide IMO

Agreed. I've been posting this write-up to subreddits for other cities in the GTA in order to get his image out to places in the surrounding area:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mississauga/comments/7krcao/have_you_seen_this_man_person_of_interest_in/

So far I've posted similar write-ups in the Brampton and Mississauga subreddits. I've also posted a slightly altered one in the subreddit for Ryerson University since I'm an alumni, it happened so near their campus, and Ryerson students could very well end up spotting this guy or being approached by him again if he continues to target the area.

If you want to spread this to other subreddits, please feel free to copy and paste the body of my post and alter the stuff at the bottom that's specific to the particular city.

I wonder what the ATM's video framerate is. Does it actually produce a smooth video that usefully demonstrates mannerisms or is it one that takes something more like still images every second?

If they followed the path we know so far, I can't imagine better or more reliable shots than the ATM would've produced either way. If he walked northbound on the west side of Church, I can't really think of anything that would have had cameras that would've picked him up at all.

I do wonder: why was he walking north toward Bloor if he originally came from west on Wellesley? My initial guess was Bloor line subway, but it would've been closed for another couple hours. Could he have been catching an Uber or taxi and just putting some distance between himself and the crime scene first? Is he local to just slightly north within walking distance? I guess he could have also drove, but I can't think of parking that really makes sense unless he parked at the hospital at Bloor/Church which seems unlikely.

The village, surprisingly enough, is actually littered with cameras at many intersections from the TTC through CCTV security cameras - I would imagine that they are either waiting for footage to be released or have dropped the ball (What happens in the Village stays in the village is kind of the way 52/53 division handle things) orrr, they have very specific, detailed footage and it's possibly of no help, or they won't discuss it with the public for whatever reasons .. It's crazy, my brother walked past that little area twice (once at 1AM and again around 5AM) the morning this happened, he was stunned when I had told him there was a girl missing off of Dundonoland (the initial reports said she was found there as well which is obviously incorrect) - she was found half of a block over from a friend of his who he was visiting at the time and reported that it was honestly a pretty uneventful night. He may have been going to a few different 24 hour places- there's a 24 Hour Tims at Bloor/Sherbourne, A&W at Grosvenor (a local haunt and sketchy as all hell after 3AM), there's 3 McDonald's right nearby as well as Fran's, Pita Land, or honestly any of the 24 hour net cafes in the area - he could have been stumbling off either in a drunken stupor or meticulously/intentionally walking North to avoid detection (as people south may have encountered him earlier and engaged him in more conversation) ... The report i had seen of someone on Bunz who believed they saw him came from the McDonalds at Yonge and Charles, they reported the incident to police but I've seen nothing more about it (this was a week or so after she had been found as well, not the same night) but that to me would suggest he's either transient, or a club kid (these places are home to one or the other at that hour for the most part). There's also so many different apartments, condos, cafes and everything else in that area, so it's really hard to say if he was "leaving" the area afterwards, although I would imagine if he killed her with premeditated intent he might have stuck around to keep the buzz going, but I think if he had accidentally killed her (or that became the intent at some point) that he might have been very flighty, and posted up nearby either in a 24/hour diner, a friends place, or maybe shoulder tapping for booze or drugs in the neighbourhood to calm his nerves...

I can't stop this really unsettling feeling of "knowing" this person but having no name or anything to the face- I do live in this neighbourhood, however and have been on the lookout ever since. I'm hoping the family gets some closure soon by way of an arrest or something .. it's been so long :(

The village, surprisingly enough, is actually littered with cameras at many intersections from the TTC through CCTV security cameras - I would imagine that they are either waiting for footage to be released or have dropped the ball (What happens in the Village stays in the village is kind of the way 52/53 division handle things) orrr, they have very specific, detailed footage and it's possibly of no help, or they won't discuss it with the public for whatever reasons .. It's crazy, my brother walked past that little area twice (once at 1AM and again around 5AM) the morning this happened, he was stunned when I had told him there was a girl missing off of Dundonoland (the initial reports said she was found there as well which is obviously incorrect) - she was found half of a block over from a friend of his who he was visiting at the time and reported that it was honestly a pretty uneventful night. He may have been going to a few different 24 hour places- there's a 24 Hour Tims at Bloor/Sherbourne, A&W at Grosvenor (a local haunt and sketchy as all hell after 3AM), there's 3 McDonald's right nearby as well as Fran's, Pita Land, or honestly any of the 24 hour net cafes in the area - he could have been stumbling off either in a drunken stupor or meticulously/intentionally walking North to avoid detection (as people south may have encountered him earlier and engaged him in more conversation) ... The report i had seen of someone on Bunz who believed they saw him came from the McDonalds at Yonge and Charles, they reported the incident to police but I've seen nothing more about it (this was a week or so after she had been found as well, not the same night) but that to me would suggest he's either transient, or a club kid (these places are home to one or the other at that hour for the most part). There's also so many different apartments, condos, cafes and everything else in that area, so it's really hard to say if he was "leaving" the area afterwards, although I would imagine if he killed her with premeditated intent he might have stuck around to keep the buzz going, but I think if he had accidentally killed her (or that became the intent at some point) that he might have been very flighty, and posted up nearby either in a 24/hour diner, a friends place, or maybe shoulder tapping for booze or drugs in the neighbourhood to calm his nerves...

I can't stop this really unsettling feeling of "knowing" this person but having no name or anything to the face- I do live in this neighbourhood, however and have been on the lookout ever since. I'm hoping the family gets some closure soon by way of an arrest or something .. it's been so long :(

I live in the area too. You're right that it's totally possible he could have been stopping in at any 24 hour place after. I'm not really aware of exactly how much CCTV there is but I didn't think there'd be much specifically on that northbound stretch of Church (though obviously there's a lot in the area in general.)

It's hard for me to get an idea of his headspace after though because if he was able to do something like this, it's pretty outside of my ability to relate or project myself into his thinking.

The normality of that night just screws with me. I was awake in bed just a few blocks over tweeting a dumb joke in the exact time range it happened. It seems so crazy to me that nobody heard anything happening (or if they did, I guess wrote it off as nothing).

I get the same feeling you do, of him looking sort of vaguely familiar to me, but he's also not exactly super distinctive. I've had moments this week of seeing people and thinking "That COULD be him, but honestly I don't know" and having to really scan the person to be sure it's not.

I was thinking he commuted down here at one point, but I'm really coming around to your transient/club kid idea. The sighting of him at the McDonald's seems promising to me, as does the one sighting outside Crews. I just hope he hasn't fled now.

I've now posted a write-up of the case with the police release to the subreddit for U of T and Ryerson. At bare minimum, we can get more young people to see his face so he doesn't have a chance to do this again if that's his intent.

I live in the area too. You're right that it's totally possible he could have been stopping in at any 24 hour place after. I'm not really aware of exactly how much CCTV there is but I didn't think there'd be much specifically on that northbound stretch of Church (though obviously there's a lot in the area in general.)

It's hard for me to get an idea of his headspace after though because if he was able to do something like this, it's pretty outside of my ability to relate or project myself into his thinking.

The normality of that night just screws with me. I was awake in bed just a few blocks over tweeting a dumb joke in the exact time range it happened. It seems so crazy to me that nobody heard anything happening (or if they did, I guess wrote it off as nothing).

I get the same feeling you do, of him looking sort of vaguely familiar to me, but he's also not exactly super distinctive. I've had moments this week of seeing people and thinking "That COULD be him, but honestly I don't know" and having to really scan the person to be sure it's not.

I was thinking he commuted down here at one point, but I'm really coming around to your transient/club kid idea. The sighting of him at the McDonald's seems promising to me, as does the one sighting outside Crews. I just hope he hasn't fled now.

I've now posted a write-up of the case with the police release to the subreddit for U of T and Ryerson. At bare minimum, we can get more young people to see his face so he doesn't have a chance to do this again if that's his intent.

I'm going to be back home from tomorrow til early January. I know I'm going to have my eyes peeled at all times. I'm living in Michigan right now but this case is driving me crazy. I check multiple times a day for updates. It's terrifying me. I used to spend a lot of time in the Village, and my best friend lived so close to where this happened, for years. My ex girlfriend is still there all the time with her friends. My best friend goes to Crews often with her friends as well. It's just too close to home

The more I mess around with this guy's image, the more convinced I become he had some sort of Western style moustache with drooping handlebars of some sort. I just can't account for what's going on above his mouth in all but the left picture, and there's also something weird going on with his mouth and chin in the top middle picture. I feel crazy suggesting it because you'd think that would be a memorable thing people would have picked up on in-person. In the image on the left, his face is blown out and I think it could be misleading.

If I'm wrong, what do we think is going on above his mouth in the middle bottom picture?

I'm almost wondering if he had some sort of facial hair at the time like Jesse Hughes, the lead singer of Eagles of Death Metal:
http://rocknycliveandrecorded.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/1280x720.jpg

The other thing is, as a bearded man myself, I could see the look on his face in the third picture being the expression you get when your moustache is getting in your mouth as you try to eat something like a hot dog? It looks like the "handlebars" might be getting kind of pulled into his mouth as he eats/talks.

Am I totally and wildly off-base with this?

The fact is, this may not be especially useful because he could have easily shaved the very next day to ensure he wouldn't be identified. But it's potentially useful information if he looked different from how he does typically in these pictures.

Attachments

• richey_investigation.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x621.jpg
    richey_investigation.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x621.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 80
He does have something on or near his face that does not look like a hot dog. It is definitely weird.

He does have something on or near his face that does not look like a hot dog. It is definitely weird.

At first thought it was ketchup all over because he only seemed to have that swirl in the hotdog photo. Maybe it is a splotch on the camera lens or photo, otherwise it looks like half a mustache falling off!
imo, speculation.

The fact that there's something consistently there across at minimum three of the photos, in different angles and when his head is looking different ways, is what convinces me it can't be a splotch on the camera. It could definitely be something other than a moustache though. It's so hard to say.

In the middle bottom one especially, I'd swear I'm seeing a thin, ruddy-coloured sort of Wyatt Earp thing that trails off just past his lips:
http://www.cosplaysuperheroes.co.uk/acatalog/wyatt-earp-moustache-model.jpg

Again though, it seems wild no one would have remembered in more detail a man with such a distinctive moustache at the hot dog stand, so I don't know.

At first thought it was ketchup all over because he only seemed to have that swirl in the hotdog photo. Maybe it is a splotch on the camera lens or photo, otherwise it looks like half a mustache falling off!
imo, speculation.

Couldn’t help but laugh at the “half a mustache falling off” part!

In all seriousness though, could this be just a camera issue? His eyebrow/eye looks weird in at least one of the photos too. It also seems possible to me that he has some stubble above his lips and around his chin. It’s so hard to tell though!

I think at minimum he's got stubble above his lip and on his chin. I keep messing around with the colours/brightness/contrast as if it's suddenly going to reveal something useful, but I'm not getting much out of it.

t first I thought it might be a birthmark of some sort on his face.... hard to tell for sure

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone
Back