Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ZaZara

AstraZaZara
Reaction score
3 years after she vanished, Winnipeg police find skull belonging to Thelma Krull

The skull found by a hunter in the RM of Tache in late October belongs to missing Winnipeg grandmother Thelma Krull.

Steinbach RCMP were called in to the secluded and forested area around Chemin Perrin Road just off of Municipal Road 52N on Oct. 27 after the discovery was made by a hunter that evening.

Police investigators flagged a pathway to where the skull was found, nearly 300 feet in from the roadway.

In early November, residents who live in the area told Global News forensics investigators had returned to the site multiple times.

The hunters who found the skull spoke exclusively to Global News Thursday.

They said they were out on the land, hunting. When Marcel Trudeau’s son shot at a deer and went to see if he hit it, he made the discovery.

BBM

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Thelma Krull, missing woman from Winnipeg, found dead after 3 years

Thelma Krull, a 57-year-old woman from Winnipeg who disappeared more than 3 years ago while out for a walk, has been found dead, police said on Thursday. Her remains were found in the Taché area.

A hunter in a remote area in the Rural Municipality of Tache called police on Tuesday to report the discovery of potential human remains. They were found in a wooded area near the intersection of Municipal Rd 52 N. and Chemin Perin Rd.

BBM

"For anybody to dump that body in here, they’d have to know this area. This is the only half-section of Crown land that nobody would regularly be on," said a man who lives nearby, ...

"Up until the last couple of years, where she was found, half of this quarter-section here was all swamp ground. The only reason she popped up out of the ground there, if she was buried, is because it dried up."

"She was found darn near in the middle of it. So somebody dragged her in there, or walked her in there; it was a chore," the man said.

"...Somebody had some ambition to get her in there that far… There’s a reason they’re calling it a homicide and investigating it as such. ..."

The man said Thursday he would never go in the area where Krull’s remains were found because it was so swampy.

"Whoever did this, they knew that this was the only piece of Crown land around where they had quick road access. They must have been around here before," he said.
Thelma Krull's killer had 'some ambition to get her in there': hunter

Police pay Steinbach man visit after reports he looks like Krull suspect; he isn’t

Police pay Steinbach man visit after reports he looks like Krull suspect; he isn't

“They said they had 400 to 700 reports saying it was me that did this,” said Klassen in a telephone interview. “I was floored by what the officers presented to me.”

He said the officers showed him the police sketch of a suspect and said that people had been reporting him to police in Steinbach.

“The officer said, ‘Clearly it’s not you, but we had many reports saying it was you,’ ” said Klassen, who took to Facebook in an effort to clear things up.

BBM

Not sure if this was posted:

Investigators are treating her death as a homicide and believe her killer may have a connection to the neighbourhood.

Fresh flowers have been placed at a weathered but colourful memorial marking the location where it's believed Krull came into contact with her killer.

People who live in the area who spoke to CTV News hope the discovery of Krull's remains brings some sense of closure to her family and friends, but they say unanswered questions in the case have left them on edge.

"Everything's coming back now,” said area resident Martha Winter. “You start thinking about it, you're looking around, behind you, in front of you."

'Everything's coming back': discovery of missing woman's remains leaves neighbours concerned

A funeral/memorial service was held for TK on January 19, 2019.

This is her obit. There are a bunch of condolences at the link below:

THELMA E. KRULL It is with heavy hearts that we announce the all-to-soon passing of Thelma Krull, beloved wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister and friend. Thelma Ellen Therriault, born March 9, 1958 in Chapleau, Ontario to Henry and Thelma Therriault as their youngest of five children. Thelma lived in Ontario and Saskatchewan and ultimately resided in Winnipeg, MB in 1985. Thelma married Robert Andrew Krull on June 28, 1986. Thelma loved her family dearly and was very close with her two children, Lisa Ellen Besser and Robert Jonathan Krull, and grandson Cole Michael Besser. Thelma was a hard worker and avid learner, depicted by such endeavours as owner of Mr. Sub restaurant for over 10 years, a Scouts Canada Leader for over 10 years, a graduate of Robertson College in 2011 at the age of 53, and an Administrative Assistant and so much more at not-for-profit organization S.P.I.K.E. With all that Thelma took on, she gave more than 100% at every turn. Thelma touched and affected many lives, always with a positive attitude and outlook on life. She will be dearly missed and held in our hearts forever. A Celebration of Life and final prayers for Thelma will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, January 19, 2019 at the North Kildonan Mennonite Brethren Church, 1315 Gateway Rd., Winnipeg, MB. In respect to the family in this time of sorrow, we greatly ask for no photography, no videotaping and no media of any kind (social or news). In lieu of flowers or gifts, anyone who so wishes can instead donate towards Scouts Canada, S.P.I.K.E., Candace House, or that of your choice. For online condolences or to light a memorial candle please log on to www.mosaicfunerals.ca

As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on Jan 05, 2019

KRULL THELMA - Winnipeg Free Press Passages

also the funeral home website: Thelma Ellen Krull - Thursday, September 7th, 2017

You know what I find maddening about this case? The Winnipeg Police release important new information every year on the anniversary of Thelma's disappearance rather than when they find it. Do they want the public's help or not??!! Why do they sit on the clues for so long? This is a bungled case in my honest opinion.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone is tossing the Winnipeg Police red herrings every year to throw them off the trail. One big new "clue" appears annually. The sketch matched a guy who lived in the area of the dump site but who couldn't possibly have done it. Smells like a red herring to me!

OR maybe the police are playing a game with the perpetrator(s)... putting something out there when they are sure the bad guy(s) will be listening to the news.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if someone is tossing the Winnipeg Police red herrings every year to throw them off the trail. One big new "clue" appears annually. The sketch matched a guy who lived in the area of the dump site but who couldn't possibly have done it. Smells like a red herring to me!

OR maybe the police are playing a game with the perpetrator(s)... putting something out there when they are sure the bad guy(s) will be listening to the news.

Sounds like the Delphi case. They keep throwing out little tidbits that make me think that they have absolutely zero information.

I have not forgotten Thelma or the sad fact that her killer(s) got away with murder. Will he strike again?

Does anyone know how far it was from where her body was found to where her glasses and cellphone were located?

Does anyone know how far it was from where her body was found to where her glasses and cellphone were located?

27 miles so about a half an hour drive away. This case haunts me because I knew Thelma from her time serving me at Mr. Sub when she and her husband owned the place. Also, I know the area where the abduction happened very well, and had been putting Garage Sale signs up near there (off Concordia and Louelda) just a couple of Saturdays before.

Police say where her body was dumped would not be known by many people besides possibly hunters, plus it would have taken great effort to get her body there. I don't believe police ever said whether the skull found had a bullet hole in it. That's all they found, plus some remnants of her clothes and her boots.

By the way, I have never believed her husband had anything to do with this, and police never really considered him a suspect. However, I think there's still a bit of a cloud over him (which is unfair), and Thelma has not received justice.

Last edited:
27 miles so about a half an hour drive away. This case haunts me because I knew Thelma from her time serving me at Mr. Sub when she and her husband owned the place. Also, I know the area where the abduction happened very well, and had been putting Garage Sale signs up near there (off Concordia and Louelda) just a couple of Saturdays before.

Police say where her body was dumped would not be known by many people besides possibly hunters, plus it would have taken great effort to get her body there. I don't believe police ever said whether the skull found had a bullet hole in it. That's all they found, plus some remnants of her clothes and her boots.

By the way, I have never believed her husband had anything to do with this, and police never really considered him a suspect. However, I think there's still a bit of a cloud over him (which is unfair), and Thelma has not received justice.
I don't remember hearing that LE had found TK's clothing and boots? Do you have a link? This is what I was able to find just now in that regard:

Police have recovered several items of Krull’s, including her glasses and cellphone. Police said Krull was wearing a reddish-orange t-shirt, three-quarter length black Capri style pants, a black fanny pack and tan/brown hiking style boots/shoes.
Police identify remains found by hunter as those of Thelma Krull

I don't remember hearing that LE had found TK's clothing and boots? Do you have a link? This is what I was able to find just now in that regard:

Police have recovered several items of Krull’s, including her glasses and cellphone. Police said Krull was wearing a reddish-orange t-shirt, three-quarter length black Capri style pants, a black fanny pack and tan/brown hiking style boots/shoes.
Police identify remains found by hunter as those of Thelma Krull
If I remember correctly the glasses and cell phone were found early on in the investigation, shortly after Thelma disappeared, near where she was supposed to be walking.

The clothing and boots that Kaley mentioned were apparently found later when and where her body was found, 27 miles away from where the glasses and phone were found.

If I remember correctly the glasses and cell phone were found early on in the investigation, shortly after Thelma disappeared, near where she was supposed to be walking.

The clothing and boots that Kaley mentioned were apparently found later when and where her body was found, 27 miles away from where the glasses and phone were found.
Is there a link? Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back