Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible her disappearance had something to do with her work? Sure.
But I just don't believe it is. S.P.I.K.E. (Special People in Kildonan East) has operated for decades. I volunteered with them a bit as a teen in the late 1980s.
I'm sure they were investigated as part of the Krull case.
They would be audited on a regular basis. I do believe Krull was some type of admin support at the main office.
I don't believe that someone would go from fraud to murder.
I've actually worked with 2 people who have been arrested for embezzling. One was from a non profit almost 30 years ago. The other was from a nursing facility about 5 years ago.
Both were found to be stealing from accounting irregularities.
I don't think S.P.I.K.E. is flush with cash and the families of the residents would eventually question big changes in funding/donations if someone was suddenly skimming money and the revenue stream was trickling down.
I could be totally off in left field but I have never felt this had anything to do with her work.
It's really not that big of a organization (8 staff members plus residential care workers) that operates out of a big house. The people they help are people who are mentally challenged.

http://www.spikeinc.org/
Sure, and you're probably right, but nonetheless, it *is* a possibility, since this case has not yet been solved. So in that light, I am really hoping that LE did take a very close look at the inner workings (and finances) of the organization. It only takes one person with need/desire who has the kind of access that would be required. Not putting down the organization itself, nor their purpose, nor the staff.. just saying that it is *possible* that TK could have come across information/inconsistencies during the course of her duties there, that led her to ask questions, and... whatever, let the imagination roll.

Personally, I got the impression that the ED cared deeply for TK, and that it is something else going on, more on a personal level, but just saying that hopefully every avenue/possibility has been/is being checked out carefully since people don't just disappear. Where is she??

The RCMP are investigating the discovery of human remains in a ditch between a dirt road and a farm field east of Winnipeg.

Officers were called to the Rural Municipality of Springfield just after 10 a.m. Thursday after a farmer checking on his canola crops noticed a partially uncovered hole that looked like it had been dug up or uncovered by an animal, a source told CBC.

The decomposed remains were found inside the shallow grave located in a ditch off Spruce Road, south of Highway 15 and have been confirmed as human by RCMP forensics investigators. Friday afternoon police were still on scene.

The serious crimes and forensics identification unit are investigating, RCMP said.

Spruce Road, which according to neighbours is a dirt road only accessible in dry weather, has been blocked off and the site of the remains is surrounded with evidence markers.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/human-remains-oakbank-winnipeg-1.4143060

The remains are not Thelma but another missing woman Christine Wood - she has a thread here and I posted the article there too...

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/remains-of-christine-wood-found-in-r-m-of-springfield-1.3442416

The RCMP are investigating the discovery of human remains in a ditch between a dirt road and a farm field east of Winnipeg.

Officers were called to the Rural Municipality of Springfield just after 10 a.m. Thursday after a farmer checking on his canola crops noticed a partially uncovered hole that looked like it had been dug up or uncovered by an animal, a source told CBC.

The decomposed remains were found inside the shallow grave located in a ditch off Spruce Road, south of Highway 15 and have been confirmed as human by RCMP forensics investigators. Friday afternoon police were still on scene.

The serious crimes and forensics identification unit are investigating, RCMP said.

Spruce Road, which according to neighbours is a dirt road only accessible in dry weather, has been blocked off and the site of the remains is surrounded with evidence markers.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/human-remains-oakbank-winnipeg-1.4143060

Turned out to be a different missing woman (Christine Wood) ..... but when I first read about a body being discovered in that area (RM of Springfield) it caught my attention because it is right adjacent to where Thelma lived .
Almost borders her back yard .

Turned out to be a different missing woman (Christine Wood) ..... but when I first read about a body being discovered in that area (RM of Springfield) it caught my attention because it is right adjacent to where Thelma lived .

Could that be more than a simple coincidence?

Could that be more than a simple coincidence?

I was wondering about this too, but perhaps for a different reason.

The location where the body was found is so open. There may be no one around, but anyone digging a grave there would stand out miles. Plus the locals would remember.

If this had been Thelma, she would have disappeared from one open field and hidden in another open field. Without anyone noticing anything. Very confusing IMHO.

RIP Christine Wood. May you rest in peace and may your family find closure.

Surely someone would remember a 270 pound guy with a " bowl hair cut " imo.rbbm
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/thelma-krull-missing-winnipeg-1.4199431
[h=1]'Far from a cold case': Police make 'critical progress' in Thelma Krull disappearance[/h]

In October 2016, police received a tip about a possible sighting of Krull with a man near Kimberly Avenue and Gateway Road on the morning of her disappearance. The man is described as five feet, eight inches and 270 pounds with a bowl cut.
attachment.php

Attachments

• thelma-krull.jpg
    thelma-krull.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 98
A full two years later?

I know. Makes the Winnipeg police look stupid because the majority of us who live in the area had it figured out as foul play within days of Thelma's disappearance. At first I thought they were just trying to protect her family's feelings. The police kept mentioning a possible medical event. So I was thinking OK, maybe they know something we don't. Later, I thought Maybe they are just pretending to be clueless to lull a suspect into a false sense of security. Now, I have lost all confidence in them with regards to this case. Honestly, I think they should have released more information right after the crime, and let the locals solve it. I'm usually 100% behind our police, but in this case I feel they have failed miserably.

Evidence pointing to foul play from the very beginning:

blood at the scene, her glasses, cell phone and ear buds found at the scene

did not phone her daughter as was expected during her walk

had walked this route regularly for a year, so many people would have noticed her pattern

Thelma was a very family-oriented, responsible, stable person with long-established close relationships and a good job in Winnipeg, so why would she want to just up and disappear? AND it was her grandson's birthday. How many women her age with no mental illness issues would choose to leave her life behind on her beloved grandson's birthday?

No bank accounts were touched and no evidence of advance preparations to leave her family were uncovered

No sign of Thelma having a medical event as the whole area was scoured by bloodhounds, police and volunteers and all hospitals were checked

Blind spot behind the hill and behind the community centre where her phone last pinged ... and numerous nearby access and exit points for a kidnapper. In fact, with a vehicle, you could be out of the city from that point in about 3 minutes.

Very hot, humid morning in summer so the community centre was NOT a beehive of activity as the police at first indicated. By 8am it was already so uncomfortable, who wants to go out to play tennis or soccer or running up that steep hill? In other words, it is possible there were no witnesses around even in broad daylight.

When I say "out of the city", I mean the perimeter highway which circles the city.

"As first released in 2016, she was reported as being in the company of a “heavy set male, indigenous in appearance, 5’8″ in height, 270 pounds with a bowl style haircut.”

Given that the height and weight are so precise, and the tip came in a whole year late, I think someone with inside info finally came forward due to a guilty conscience. So my conclusion is someone knows who took Thelma. The police may also know by now, but the guy has disappeared/is in hiding. He probably has a record of violent crimes.

NEVER ENDING NIGHTMARE

The agony of not knowing what happened to Thelma Krull torments missing woman's family two years after her disappearance

Winnipeg Free Press
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/never-ending-nightmare-434733983.html

Besser said she did not want to comment specifically on Tuesday’s press conference and the newly released information, but did say she appreciates the way police have worked with her and her family over the last two years, while also appreciating their honestly and candor.

"They have kept us abreast of different investigations, but tell us each time there is no certainty that path will find us that final answer, and that it may be a very long process," she said.

"The investigators who work the case tell me they pray that one day they can put an end to all of this, and be able to provide us the answers we need."

BBM

Omg camera is on and I just saw a pic of a man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members