Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An anonymous tipper would not necessarily reveal if they were walking or driving.
The police obviously want this tipper to give them more info. I think this tipper is
afraid for his/her life, but their conscience is bothering them.

It does not make sense that they were walking, but if in a vehicle, how would the tipper
know the man's weight ?

I think it is a valid tip, and it ties in to my theory that the abductor/s were not close family
members, but connected to the family. <modsnip>

Is it possible that this is information that they obtained from security footage? There would be hundreds of businesses with security cameras in an expanded area from the where her glasses were found.

An anonymous tipper would not necessarily reveal if they were walking or driving.
The police obviously want this tipper to give them more info. I think this tipper is
afraid for his/her life, but their conscience is bothering them.

It does not make sense that they were walking, but if in a vehicle, how would the tipper
know the man's weight ?

I think it is a valid tip, and it ties in to my theory that the abductor/s were not close family
members, but connected to the family. <modsnip>

You can always call your tip in to LE, as support to these recent other ones.

Is it possible that this is information that they obtained from security footage? There would be hundreds of businesses with security cameras in an expanded area from the where her glasses were found.

Based on what I've read in the various news articles about this latest tip, articles have said the tip came in only recently, after the one-year anniversary news reports came out. One article (cbc) mentioned it "was not known whether the woman and man were walking or driving in the area" which leads me to think that this latest tip came in as an anonymous one with minimal details, and so the police would like to hear more from this tip giver or anyone else who may have info supporting this. If it was through security footage, there likely would not be that doubt as to whether they were walking or driving. jmo

From what they have released to the media, before this newest tip, LE's working theory was that Thelma's disappearance was due to distress from a medical event, or an encounter with someone (abduction).

If this is a true tip, I hope this individual can be located! The description is fairly distinctive, which should help. Even if it was an innocent encounter with Thelma, this could be very important. I am a regular trail walker, and it would not be uncommon to see me stop and chat with other walkers I see on daily walks. He's a big guy, so maybe he was just trying to get in shape by walking. However, for a more sinister view, because he's a big guy, he could also overpower Thelma.

I suppose we can assume he was standing since he was reported as 5'8" and 270 lbs.

270 pounds is huge. Big guy, not very tall with a bowl hair cut and seen in that particular area. Very good description. So who is it? Call it in, people!

I missed that he was 5'8". Was that reported by police? On one report I heard heavyset man ; on another 270 pounds but never heard the height mentioned.
Of course, we don't know that it was Thelma with him, but I suppose the police think it's a possibility that it was. I really know nothing, except I scoured FB
way back when Thelma disappeared, and I found a link between the family and the type of person described in the tip. Yes, I called in my idea two days ago,
but Im quite sure police would have found that out near the beginning of the investigation. But just in case they missed talking to that person.

It's alleged that a woman with a similar description was spotted on July 11, 2015 — the day Krull left her home in the Valley Gardens area to go for a walk — near Kimberly Avenue east of Gateway Road, "in the company of a heavy-set man" who was about five feet, eight inches tall, weighing 270 pounds, with a "bowl-style haircut," police said Wednesday."This information was brought to our attention as a result of the most recent … news release that we did in July 2016, but the sighting itself goes back to the original disappearance date," Const. Jason Michalyshen told reporters.

This is where I read it.

The hair cut stands out to me, when I hear bowl cut on a man I think Amish, Hutterite, or Mennonite.

http://www.chrisd.ca/2016/10/12/the...winnipeg-woman-sighting-suspect/#.WAOoM3BHaK0
Police received information last July of a possible sighting of Krull in the area of Kimberly Avenue, east of Gateway Road, on the day she disappeared. A female described similar to Krull was reported to be in the company of a heavy set aboriginal man, approximately 5&#8217;8&#8243; tall, 270 lbs., with a bowl-style haircut.

So, black hair?

Maybe they saw this jogger... (3rd pic)
http://globalnews.ca/news/2120608/police-update-media-on-thelma-krull-missing-person-case/

It's possible someone read this and concocted a story. I hope not, but anything is possible.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2816715/winnipeg-police-say-its-possible-thelma-krull-was-abducted/
satellite photos that show a man and woman in the southeast corner of the park
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 247
Yes, I'm wondering too if it's a wild goose chase. But I guess we don't have anything else at this point :(

"It's alleged that a woman with a similar description was spotted on July 11, 2015 &#8212; the day Krull left her home in the Valley Gardens area to go for a walk &#8212; near Kimberly Avenue east of Gateway Road, "in the company of a heavy-set man" who was about five feet, eight inches tall, weighing 270 pounds, with a "bowl-style haircut," police said Wednesday.

It's not known whether the woman and man were walking or driving in the area, which was not far from the location where Krull was last seen.

In July, police said their investigation had uncovered signs of distress, and they believe Krull either experienced a medical situation or she was abducted."We have not dismissed that possibility that we're talking about a potential abduction. We have not dismissed the fact that we're potentially talking about some sort of a medical emergency."

IMO: Thelma may have been either emotionally distraugt or perhaps mentally ill... or both..
IMO: the same person that reported seeing Thelma with this man - saw Thelma (or whoever it was) emotionally torn perhaps crying uncontrollably...
Maybe Thelma had a medical contition she didnt want her family to experience with her so she wlaked from them to spare them the pain - hence, the uncontrollable crying or signs of distress...
Myabe the police kept this info from the public because the family wanted to give Thelma space, much to their surprise, a yr later, she is still not home - so police release the details that she was seen with this man, in hopes Thelma can hear that "they(the family)" know and just want her to step dorward and say she is safe.

It's possible someone read this and concocted a story. I hope not, but anything is possible.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2816715/winnipeg-police-say-its-possible-thelma-krull-was-abducted/
attachment.php

So am i correct in counting that there have been 8 individuals in total who were seen on video around the time and area when and where TK was said to have gone missing, who police have wanted to speak with?
1. Female jogger with big red vest (Police are hoping to identify this jogger who was in the area where Thelma Krull was last seen on July 11. (Winnipeg Police Service))
2. Young female walking with red t-shirt and a backpack (Police are hoping to identify this girl who was in the area where Thelma Krull was last seen on July 11. (Winnipeg Police Service))
3. What appears to be a tanned male jogger (perhaps being 5'8"(?), weighing 270#(?) with dark hair in a bowl cut) wearing a white tank top (Police released this image of a jogger who was in the area where Thelma Krull was last seen on July 11. They want to identify the person and speak to them. (Winnipeg Police Service))
4. and 5. Two cyclists (Police released this image last week of two people cycling near where Thelma Krull was last seen. They have since identified the people and spoken with them but aren't any further ahead, they said. (Winnipeg Police Service))
6. Older female pedestrian with purple tank top, white hat and jeans (Police say they are looking for information to identify this lady who was walking in the area the morning Krull disappeared. (Winnipeg Police Services/Submitted to CBC))
7. and 8. Two people standing talking at the dead end area of Kimberly Drive (Police believe two people in their 30s were seen in this area of Civic Park the day Thelma Krull went missing. (Google Maps))

1 through 5 are pictured at this link dated July 20, 2015 - by the time of the article, police had already spoken with #s 4 and 5. and were looking to find #s 1 through 3.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ek-to-identify-3-possible-witnesses-1.3159810

6 through 8 are pictured at this link (below) dated July 11, 2016.
- this article however, says that, "Police previously released information about four other people in the park and police said they have been identified and interviewed."
- (but yet there were 5 in the earlier article, including the 2 on the bike which had already been spoken to); so was there an additional person they were looking to speak to, in addition to the 3 others who they were still waiting to speak to from the July 20/15 article above? (There were 5, and they'd already spoken to 2, which leaves 3); (or are they including in that number of '4', the woman from this later article with the white hat, and excluding from the number of '4' the 2 cyclists?)
- this article was also updated to report that #6 had been located and spoken with, and it sounds like they were by then only looking for the 2 people in their 30s who were at the end of Kimberly Drive.
- to date I believe they are still seeking to speak with #s 7 and 8?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/thelma-krull-1-year-since-disappearance-1.3672734

As GigTu noted, person #3 could likely easily match the description of the 'indigenous 5'8", 270# man with the bowl cut haircut', but he had already been located and spoken with police. (Do they need to relocate him and speak to him again, or did the person see his photo in the news and spin some kind of tale, or is there a second 5'8", 270# man with a bowl cut haircut?)
"The man is described as indigenous in appearance, approximately 5&#8217;8&#8243;, 270 pounds, with a bowl style haircut." : http://globalnews.ca/news/2997952/w...e-on-thelma-krull-investigation-at-11-a-m-ct/

is therer links to different photos of thelma that inclue hee body structure?

I believe the only ones the police haven't located yet are the man and women seen talking by the Hill.

To me #3 looks like a woman. The police continue to talk about possible medical distress. I find this so
strange. Did she get heatstroke, get disoriented and then abducted by a man who posed as a Good Samaritan?

I remember it was hot even in the morning due to the humidity. If my research is correct, on July 11, 2015 @ 8am,
it was mainy sunny, 22 C / 72 F and the relative humidity was 82%. That feels like approx.80 F or 26 C F I believe. Of course, Thelma had only
been walking for 35 minutes when something happened, and she was an experienced walker, quite fit.

I believe the only ones the police haven't located yet are the man and women seen talking by the Hill.

To me #3 looks like a woman. The police continue to talk about possible medical distress. I find this so
strange. Did she get heatstroke, get disoriented and then abducted by a man who posed as a Good Samaritan?

I remember it was hot even in the morning due to the humidity. If my research is correct, on July 11, 2015 @ 8am,
it was mainy sunny, 22 C / 72 F and the relative humidity was 82%. That feels like approx.80 F or 26 C F I believe. Of course, Thelma had only
been walking for 35 minutes when something happened, and she was an experienced walker, quite fit.

I think #3 has quite hairy legs, and really bulky shoulders, and less bulk at the front... can't see evidence of a bra.. i'm thinking male. jmo

Also jmo, but I feel that police say that phrase (medical distress) when there is something concrete, like blood, found.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bowl cut big.jpg
    bowl cut big.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 264
I'm having a difficult time figuring out the two people they're referring to in the kimberly drive pic. the one person looks like a kid to me, wearing orange pants and walking, and not talking to anyone. Another person in the pic looks like he/she is stooped over.. and then there is a shape, which i'm not sure what it is. Anyone?

attachment.php

Attachments

• man and woman civic park big.jpg
    man and woman civic park big.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 217
To me that looks like a mom holding something like a backpack, and a kid watching. When was that pic captured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llamb79