Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wherever she ended up......she's on private property. Probably buried.

" In the company of" doesn't mean willingly though.

True enough but if she'd been abducted and was being forced, against her will, to remain with her abductor, it doesn't seem plausible to me that her abductor would take such a risk and be seen with her out in public, particularly in the area he went missing from. Don't think most abductors parade the victim around out in public. Tho maybe she's not being held against her will at all. Tho I can't imagine a woman this age leaving her family like that, particularly her children, her grandchildren. To most Grandmas their grandbabies are their whole world. The press conference, if you watch it, really caught my attention when the one reporter asked if the man in the possible sighting was someone (based on description) that Thelma might have known .....did she know a man (prior to her disappearance) with that kind of description....and the LE spokesperson really stumbled (IMO) while responding......something to the effect of.....him not being able to answer that question out of respect and sensitivity to Thelma and her family. To me that response spoke volumes. Now it makes me wonder........all of those early morning walks to that area, allegedly training for some marathon in BC......maybe she was secretly seeing/spending time with another man and those "walks' were all a ruse?

Great points LayzeeDayzee. It also stood out to me that the description of the man would jump out at someone. A "bowl style haircut"....

Totally agree LayzeeDayzee.. IF this was Thelma, she chose to leave IM0 .. being that she has children and grandchildren- I don't think this was Thelma- some women can walk away from it all, but most can't - not from the whole family.. then, be willing to walk around in public.. nope.. not thelma

Is the area of the sighting very close to her home? Why would she willingly stay in the same area she disappeared from without communicating with her daughter or husband? Even if she wanted to leave her husband (if this is what happened), she would let her daughter know that she is ok. JMO

" In the company of" doesn't mean willingly though.

I agree JadeSLeuth, and when we combine this with LE saying they "had uncovered signs of distress", how likely is it that Thelma chose to leave willingly with someone and at that same time "either experienced a medical situation or she was abducted"?

"It's alleged that a woman with a similar description was spotted on July 11, 2015 — the day Krull left her home in the Valley Gardens area to go for a walk — near Kimberly Avenue east of Gateway Road, "in the company of a heavy-set man" who was about five feet, eight inches tall, weighing 270 pounds, with a "bowl-style haircut," police said Wednesday.

It's not known whether the woman and man were walking or driving in the area, which was not far from the location where Krull was last seen.

In July, police said their investigation had uncovered signs of distress, and they believe Krull either experienced a medical situation or she was abducted.
"We have not dismissed that possibility that we're talking about a potential abduction. We have not dismissed the fact that we're potentially talking about some sort of a medical emergency."

How do you report a sighting but not know if they were walking or driving? What was the woman wearing? Did she have on glasses? What were Thelma and the man doing when the person saw them?

Where was the person who called standing, or what were they doing that caused them to notice Thelma and the man? Why did they wait a whole year to say something? How do they know it was, in fact, July 11, 2015 specifically that they saw Thelma and the man?

IMO, "signs of distress" = blood.

In pink are the cross streets of Kimberley and Gateway, and circled is the hill near where her glasses were found.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 148
At the very end, the policeman says he should clarify that the sighting happened on the day of Thelma's disappearance. I guess he got
a signal from a colleague that he could divulge that.

This is not the kind of man Thelma would willingly run off with, believe me. She's 5 feet, 170 lbs; this guy was about 270 lbs. Big enough to control
her, but someone you'd think she could outrun. However, she was most likely wearing earbuds when approached, so may not have heard him.

<modsnip>

I haven't liked the way the police have handled this case from Day 1. They just have not connected with the public well. We've been kept in the dark
most of the time. You'd think once they are stumped, they would realize the public is their best bet to solve this. It took them 3 MONTHS to investigate
the lead before they released it to the public???

Is she possibly with her son? Wasn't she planning a hike with him?

I wonder if they are close, relationship-wise?

I don't think the tip is legit. If they don't even recall if the couple were walking or driving, yet were able to give a detailed description of a man one year later, I don't see how it could be taken seriously.

I don't think the tip is legit. If they don't even recall if the couple were walking or driving, yet were able to give a detailed description of a man one year later, I don't see how it could be taken seriously.

I agree, however why would LE take it seriously... IMO - I think LE has more details of the siting, but they are keeping that information tight for now. Maybe they don't want stories to be created from the real details...

They specifically said they don't know if they were walking or if they were driving. What does that mean?

Maybe the tip was an anonymous tip left online (I think you can do that on Crime Stoppers), and there wasn't detailed information left, so that's where the comment about not knowing if they were walking or driving derived. Maybe the investigation has stalled, so they are grasping at straws in hopes that there's something to the tip.

Sorry for sounding ignorant, please educate me: When they say aboriginal in appearance, are they referring to what we call "Native American" in the US? Are we to assume this descriptor would mean this man had darker skin and hair, then?

Imo, this is a ruse to lead something in the wrong direction. It doesn't make sense because on the one hand, the call is timed so that it appears that LE's most recent plea for information sparked the caller to make the call, but on the other hand, the caller just so happens to know that he/she saw TK wayyyyy back a year ago, on exactly July 11, 2015 when she first 'disappeared'. There would be absolutely no reason why a caller with that (very little) information couldn't have made that 'anonymous' phonecall back then, on July 12th, 2015, (or whatever). What would be the reason for withholding that information for a year? That call could have been made by a 'psychic' too, and be completely meaningless. Or it could have been made by the perp who did something to TK to get the heat off of *him* and get them pursuing something else. Also could have been made by someone who just *thought* they saw TK in a vehicle that day, perhaps someone that looked like any one of the various photos which were released at the time, and thought it so trivial that they wouldn't bother, but the renewed plea for information made them call anyway, even though a year later... but if that was the case, then why make it anonymous? jmo

Maybe the tip was an anonymous tip left online (I think you can do that on Crime Stoppers), and there wasn't detailed information left, so that's where the comment about not knowing if they were walking or driving derived. Maybe the investigation has stalled, so they are grasping at straws in hopes that there's something to the tip.

Sorry for sounding ignorant, please educate me: When they say aboriginal in appearance, are they referring to what we call "Native American" in the US? Are we to assume this descriptor would mean this man had darker skin and hair, then?

Yes, aboriginal would be the same as your 'Native Americans'. They may or may not have a little more tanned skin, dark/black hair, probably straight hair, etc.

I agree with your thought that it isn't that the person doesn't know whether he/she saw TK walking or in a vehicle, but rather, that the caller left the tip anonymously and excluded that important piece of information (because it didn't happen and wasn't TK anyway). jmo.

Please do not discuss individuals who have not been named in MSM or by LE, and do not sleuth victim's family/friends or those not officially named as POI/suspect.

The Rules

:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members