Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex is from Sudbury and his accent is mild. (My husband is also from that part of Ontario.)

Huge difference between him and Ricky and Julian of TPB! :)

ArnieM. Yes, you have it right. That is exactly common sense thinking,and actions, when a wife might be late, or her phone is turned off etc.

It was her family who called the police when she was not at the birthday party.
Am I right on that?

ArnieM. Yes, you have it right. That is exactly common sense thinking,and actions, when a wife might be late, or her phone is turned off etc.

It was her family who called the police when she was not at the birthday party.
Am I right on that?

Can you please quote ArnieM's post which you are referring to in your post? Thx. (Confused).

Oh no. The family called the police well before the birthday party, I'm quite sure.
The daughter had phoned her at 9am or so and there was no answer. Then
her husband was very worried by 1100 am when she did not show up at
Canadian Tire.

<mod snip>
I think it was not someone close... otherwise why the glasses, cell phone and ear buds left behind as if there was a struggle?

Btw, police are more tight-lipped about this case than usual. Nothing coming out even through the
law enforcement (and their family and friends) rumour mill. Very frustrating.

"If the husband was ruled out early on as a suspect, they wouldn't ask him to take a lie detector test. Also, to those suspecting the husband, isn't it very rare for a man in his 50's with no history of violence or domestic abuse to suddenly up and murder his wife???"

Well I'm curious as to how they ruled him out. And based on my addiction to true-crime shows, it seems not unusual in such cases for a spouse to be asked to take one (but maybe I just watch too much TV). I also believe many people hide problems in their marriages, sometimes even from those close to them, and that if the crime was financially motivated (such as by insurance or fear of divorce) there wouldn't necessarily be a history domestic abuse.

Personally the coming across a drug deal theory is far less plausible to me; I can't imagine what Thelma possibly could have seen that would cause drug dealers to decide their best best would be to abduct & kill her vs. just driving away & denying any accusations.

People have been known to just *snap*, lose it, become suddenly enraged, mentally ill, whatever. I don't think it requires a history of domestic abuse for that to happen, but rather, an event that for whatever reason at that very time causes that reaction in someone. That is when they distinguish it as 'second degree', as opposed to first degree... 'crime of passion', etc. I personally believe that kind of unplanned rage is possible in *anyone*, given the right set of circumstances (different for each individual) and timing, etc. jmo.

I hadn't heard that police had ruled out the husband, cleared him, etc. Not sure how they could have done that unless he had a clear-cut alibi for the time from when TK was seen on the video and the time when police found her glasses, etc.?

Most of the news articles stated that TK failed to meet her husband at a designated time at CdnTire, but her husband was quoted as saying she had been supposed to call.

"We had discussed &#8230; getting a ladder from Canadian Tire. She was going to call me when she got there; I was going to take the truck up and purchase it, and do a few other things and go to the birthday party," he said.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...-on-valley-gardens-community-centre-1.3151422

Her husband, Robert Krull, said they had arranged to meet at a Canadian Tire store at 10 a.m., but his wife did not show up.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police...e-witnesses-in-missing-grandma-case-1.2478999

I wonder which it was, and why are there 2 versions?

re: Arnie M's post: I should have copied it, but now I cannot locate it. WS is very s low on my computer. Very difficult to type..

Here is what he said.
He would have driven around her known route. Return to CT in case she arrived there late. Call her. Return home and call police to check for any accidents. Call hospitals. Call family members, friends. Then call police and report her missing.
I might have left a few things out - but you can see how practical and methodical Arnie was in his approach ie what he would have done to locate his wife. That is exactly what most men would do, imo.

I was thinking about the ladder -
Perhaps the ladder was needed to put up decorations at the birthday party? Neither family had one?

She's seen out walking on her own accord. I'll assume the tire store was questioned about hubbies arrival and departure times there.

This means he would have had to make untraceable contact with her, get her, drop her belongs, and dispose of her all without being seen... In a public place, in a limited window of time.

I think this was the one

If my wife was to call me when she was at or near the Canadian Tire store and did not .... my first thought would be .... she is taking a longer walk , not unusual for her

If I was becoming impatient or antsy I would try phone her (of course) .... but if she did not answer I would likely think she was in a dead-cell spot , or in a building that blocked the signal , maybe even in the CT store already. Or she accidentally turned her phone off . Or she forgot to charge it and the battery went dead.

If I had any feelings or emotions , I would be "ticked off a bit" because she left me pacing the floor waiting for her call. If I find out her daughter also tried calling at 9:00 AM and did not get a reply I would start to be concerned , but I would still just suspect it was a phone issue.

If I went for a drive to find her I would head toward the CT store because that is her most logical destination .... I would do a quick scout of the store to see if she was there. Especially the ladder department. We were going to buy a ladder that morning.

If I did not find her at the store , and if contact with family and friends confirmed something was not right , I would worry something happened on her walk , thinking maybe she got hit by a car or something , lots of intersections to cross , I would be tempted to call the local hospitals .

The last thing on my mind would be that somebody had snatched her away , mugged her , or assaulted her , this is a nice area of town on a bright Saturday morning , my fears would be accident based . If the hospitals knew nothing , I would try call the police , tell them my concerns , and ask them if there had been any accidents that morning .

Police know nothing , hospitals know nothing , still hope she makes it to the birthday party and has a good reason for getting us all worried. In the meantime I would keep checking if she had come home , check the store again , and drive the streets some more. At birthday party time is when I would hit the panic button and know something was seriously wrong.

EDIT TO ADD: ... I wish we knew how it actually played out that first hour of concern 9:30-10:30 , and if a missing person report was made as early as 10:30 , my hinkey meter goes off

I also understood from what I had read that police weren't contacted until TK didn't show up at the party. Somewhere along the way, I also got the impression that it had been the family that called LE (as opposed to hubby).

(BBM)

But the family grew suspicious when Krull failed to show up for her grandson&#8217;s birthday party that afternoon. That&#8217;s when police were called.
http://www.metronews.ca/news/winnip...give-update-on-thelma-krull-disapperance.html

Krull, 57, went for a morning walk on July 11 and hasn't been seen since. After she failed to show up for her grandson's birthday party that afternoon, family members reported her missing.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ek-to-identify-3-possible-witnesses-1.3159810

I wish there was more of an established, comprehensive timeline for the whole day she went missing, it seems we have to cobble together conflicting news reports and lacking so many details. It seems some reports indicate that police weren't called until later that afternoon when Thelma failed to appear at the party, while others have mentioned her husband called police around 10:30 am (which I agree is pretty fast, imo). I've read some accounts that her husband went to Canadian Tire at 10:00, and others that he was actually waiting at home for her to call him.

If LE weren't called until the afternoon, then in theory her husband had a wider window of opportunity. But then again I guess that in order for LE to say that they think whatever happened to TK took place 40 mins after she left her house (I assume this is how long it would take to walk to civic park), they must have either found blood or maybe TK tried to communicate with someone using her phone at that time? Otherwise I don't see how they could rule out the items having been planted there later. If she was attacked in the park then I agree that it points towards a stranger. By contrast if it were her husband, I would expect she never made it anywhere near the park & that he would have intercepted her shortly after she left, giving him more time to carry out the crime (for example, I imagine around the Concordia underpass not far from her house it would be pretty deserted around that time on a Saturday morning; he also could have gotten lucky by not driving past the same security camera TK did.)

I can't help but wonder if LE does in fact have a suspect or theory in mind, and are being purposely vague for strategic purposes. Like saying the phone is a 'valuable piece of evidence' (but not how), or that if it was an abduction then they believe she was 'randomly targeted'. I wonder why they waited a year to disclose they found her phone and signs of medical distress. And why not say that her husband has been officially cleared as a suspect? Maybe they want their suspect (depending on who it is) to either panic or let their guard down?

I hope that LE are able to find justice for Thelma one day, and give her loved ones the answers they deserve. I can't imagine.

Snipped by me
I can't help but wonder if LE does in fact have a suspect or theory in mind, and are being purposely vague for strategic purposes.

And why not say that her husband has been officially cleared as a suspect? Maybe they want their suspect (depending on who it is) to either panic or let their guard down?
Your post brings up good points that just gave me a new thought!

WHAT IF they are only sharing the surveillance of Thelma walking, and holding on the surveillance from yet another house camera that leads the OTHER way. WHAT IF hubby was seen driving by in the other direction earlier than disclosed, or even multiple times?

Just thinking out loud. But still.... Hmmmmm

Where is the information coming from that says that TK's hubby has been cleared? (As far as I have been enlightened, he has not been cleared).

Also, where is it coming from that TK's hubby called LE at 10:30am to report her missing? I hadn't seen that info?

Considering that no other grandmas seem to have disappeared into thin air in the vicinity since TK did, if it were a random attack, and it happened at that community place.. then why take the body and hide it forever, I wonder? If no connection to TK, then why not leave her wherever they attacked her? Interesting too, how they say the same area that the phone and glasses were found in, had already been searched, but suddenly they appeared on something like day 4? And if the glasses were by then mangled, why not think that perhaps they could have become that way through people walking all over them, as opposed to thinking it was due to an attack?

Your post brings up good points that just gave me a new thought!

WHAT IF they are only sharing the surveillance of Thelma walking, and holding on the surveillance from yet another house camera that leads the OTHER way. WHAT IF hubby was seen driving by in the other direction earlier than disclosed, or even multiple times?

Just thinking out loud. But still.... Hmmmmm

You must be in my head .... HAAAA ... yesterday I was thinking the same thing and revisited the street they lived on , and yes , just a couple of houses north is another street .... not to mention out the back yard is open country

Black ..... Home
Red ....... Thelma route
Blue ....... Alternate exit
Green ..... Back yard faces open countryside

Attachments

• krull map.jpg
    krull map.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 28

I was one of the people (last year) who questioned the 10:30 am missing person report .... it seemed awful early to be calling police and my hinkey meter went off .... I had read the 10:30 information on the Thelma Facebook timeline page back then .... later someone tried to explain how I misread (misunderstood) and I was partly convinced it was just a typo or something .... or 10:30 was when the husband called the daughter but it got (mistakenly) written that he called police at 10:30

But a few days later a news source also mentioned it and the 10:30 am question grew new legs again .... then all of it disappeared as though police didnt want too much info released

Nevertheless , I am sure there is a clever detective who has a tight timeline penciled out and can verify everything to see if the pieces fit .... and I wouldnt be surprised if there is much more on some of those cameras .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654