Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've followed along with this case for quite awhile waiting for them to find her. I haven't commented much because I don't have any better ideas than anybody else does.

I think she was abducted off the street though and taken to a private residence or a private property. More than likely she was the victim of some kind of foul play. If the perp killed her and buried her on private property, that would go a long way in explaining why none of the searches have turned up much. Her glasses probably got dropped during a strong armed abduction.

Seems to me they may have themselves an opportunistic killer(s) running around Winnipeg.
I am sure they talked to the neighbors and asked if there were any disagreements...at least I hope so.

newbie poster

Ten more days until TK's one year anniversary of having gone missing. And nothing. Wow.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...-of-the-missing-in-winnipegs-red-river-1.html

"Searching for traces of the missing in Winnipeg’s Red River
The Red River makes people disappear. And it brings people together — volunteers who spend hours dredging its waters for clues to the fate of murdered and missing indigenous women, suicidal youth, loved ones who have never been found.."

The article at the link doesn't mention Thema, but many others are named. It's a sad and haunting story.

For anyone interested, here is the thread concerning " dragging " the Red River.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...issing-persons/page2&highlight=drag+red+river

Canada - Edmonton LE, Firefighters, drag Sask River for bodies of missing persons

attachment.php

Krull's family has asked the media for privacy at this time.

Muscat said this has been a difficult week for Krull's relatives and she's been asked to speak on their behalf.

"This time of year will always be harder now. Some of the weather that's been coming up, with the heat and stuff, is, you know, a reminder of those days that we were out searching.… It's really taken a toll on everybody."

Muscat said she has devoted a lot of personal time to organizing community searches over the past year, and even though it's taken an emotional toll on her, she has no plans to give up on her friend.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/thelma-krull-searcher-says-we-really-need-answers-1.3669354

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 198
Ms Muscat reminds me of Lumberjill, the friend of Susan Maclean, who went missing in Aberfeldy last spring....she never gave up either. More power to you, Thelma has a faithful, wonderful friend in you Ms Muscat.

[h=1]Winnipeg police to update Thelma Krull’s disappearance on anniversary[/h]
Winnipeg police to update Thelma Krull’s disappearance on anniversary
On Sunday, Winnipeg police told CTV it will hold a media briefing on Krull’s case Monday morning at 11 a.m. Officers are waiting until tomorrow to release new details in the case, but say the media will have an opportunity get an update on the status of the investigation.

Const. Rob Carver said the investigation remains a missing person’s case. Members of the homicide unit were brought in to help with the investigation.
Sgt. Wes Rommel from the homicide unit will provide the update, said Carver.
“The anniversary is important for family and everyone connected to the case,” he said. “It’s opportunity for the community to learn about the status of where the investigation will be going.”

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/winnipeg...rull-s-disappearance-on-anniversary-1.2980960

I guess they don't require the funds to assist in Thelma's searches, promotion, etc.

A year later, no answers in search for Thelma Krull

.... Winnipeg police Const. Rob Carver said Sunday police will be holding a news conference in a field in East Kildonan on Monday at 11 a.m.

.... Contacted at home, Krull's husband, Bob, said both he and their daughter, Lisa Besser, will be at the press conference and didn't want to speak about the anniversary before then

..... The family has also been selling safety whistles with Whistle for Thelma on them for $10 apiece. All net proceeds are to be donated on Monday to Child Find Manitoba in Krull's name and more than $6,000 had been raised at last count.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/lo...ers-in-search-for-thelma-krull-386216941.html

(Open a private browser if the link above gives you trouble about accessing.)

ETA: Holding the press conference 'in a field'? Hmm

One year later, Krull’s disappearance fresh in many minds
For a year now, every time human remains are found, the question is asked: Has Thelma Krull finally been found?
The answer every time has been no.

.... “Every time there’s a report of a body in the river, we go on the ‘net right away to see if it’s her,” said Peter Court, executive director of Special People In Kildonan East (S.P.I.K.E.), where Krull was employed.

“It’s been difficult. When someone dies, you have closure. You grieve and move on ... Your hope of finding her diminishes over time.”

Court finally filled Krull’s spot on his staff, but she still remains on the books as being on leave, he said.

.... Krull, then 57, disappeared on the same day as her grandson Cole’s 11th birthday party. He turns 12 soon.

.... The most frustrating aspect of Krull’s disappearance for many is that police have not released a single clue since her glasses were found four days after she went missing.

“We still believe somebody saw something,” Muscat said.

.... Winnipeg police have kept in touch with the Krull family for the past year.

“But they say they have nothing whatsoever to share,” said Connie Muscat, the family spokesperson. “They just told us to keep doing exactly what we’re doing.”

.... “I suspect, as I’m sure you do, that it’s rare to have a happy ending to a story like this,” Jewell told the Sun, in an email. “Nonetheless, extraordinary things can and have happened.”

About $6,000 has been raised from the sale of the whistles, which were the idea of Amalgamated Transit Union officials, of which Thelma’s husband Robert is a member. That money was destined to be part of a $20,000 reward for finding Krull.

But, once the year is up, it will go to Child Find Manitoba in Krull’s name. ....

http://m.winnipegsun.com/2016/07/10/one-year-later-krulls-disappearance-fresh-in-many-minds

Another quote from the press conference, reported here http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/manitoba/thelma-krull-1-year-since-disappearance-1.3672734

"I ask people who live in and around the area of Civic Park and the Valley Gardens Area, if you have a suspicion or a gut feeling about someone who lives in, works in or is somehow associated to this area, we want to hear about that," he said.

"Also if you have noticed any change in behaviour amongst anyone in that area since the time of Thelma's disappearance, we want to know."

My interpretation is they haven't found any evidence that she was taken away by a vehicle

Is that the first time we are hearing that she dropped her cell phone along with her glasses?

I believe it is. I believe we had always wondered, but nothing was said as far as I can recall. Would that have meant police when they forensically examined the phone, would have been able to pretty much track her movements before it was dropped? I guess only if it happened to ping on a tower during the time, or if a call/text was made, unless she had her location settings turned on? I wonder if police were able to gather any kind of bitter-ish, or conversely, lovey-dovey types of texts going on between TK and someone else?

From police saying to come forward even if you just have a weird feeling about someone around the area.. but they were smart enough to take the body away? Who does that? And smart enough to think about leaving the phone behind too? Just seems odd that an offender would carry her off, never to be found, without some kind of personal association. It's not like this happens a lot (for the body to be taken and hidden so well that it isn't found within a year?) and especially with just a random killing? Too bad the entire press conference isn't public? Has anyone come across it yet? Would have been nice to hear the hubby speak. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member