Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read anywhere else except your post that it was a charity event - where did you read this?

I noticed it in one of the reports I read. I'll post the link when I find it.

The security camera on her street is the only one that was turned it to LE and there are none on the buildings at the VGCC where her glasses were left or anywhere else and Thelma knows this. Security cameras are easy to spot. After Thelma passed the security camera on her street, there is no sign of her on any security cameras.

Police did request that anyone who has a home security camera or a business camera in the surrounding areas where Krull was last seen to review their footage between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 11. If any footage of Krull is observed, please contact the Winnipeg Police Service Missing Persons Unit with this information and no one did because there aren’t any cameras and I believe Thelma knew that because her daughter said she walked nearly every morning.

http://mytoba.ca/news/thelma-krull-police-release-video-of-missing-woman/

The problem I had with your earlier post was you suggested that Mrs Krull knew where every single camera was (or was not) ... I find that extremely unlikely.

Speaking of other video cameras , there were obviously more , because police showed some stills from them , and they did so long after she went missing , so for all we know they may have more (hold-back information )

I also expect police have video from ALL the comings and goings on Thelma's street that day , not just the short segment of her starting out on her 7:23am walk.

Would you not agree ?
best wishes.

We have nothing to indicate that Thelma normally took the dog with her on her walks. Personally I find my dogs to be a hindrance if I am walking for exercise.

I don't see how arranging the CT meet-up somehow equates to giving her an opportunity to leave the house alone. From the sounds of it, as an avid exerciser, she left the house alone on a regular basis for her frequent walks. As for the CT meet-up, I do find it a bit odd that a wife was necessary to help buy the ladder ... IMO, most wives would pass on that not-so-fantastic opportunity ;), but perhaps she was interested in some of her own shopping in the process.

Oh, I never leave my dog at home when I go for walks. They need plenty of exercise on a daily basis and they keep you safe. Arranging to meet her husband at CT did give Thelma an opportunity to leave the house alone. She could have stayed at home and left with her husband but she didn't. Thelma's husband didn't say she needed to purchase anything at CT for her trip to the WCT which can be a sign that she didn't want to go.

If Thelma planned to disappear, she wouldn’t take the dog with her right? Her husband was going to drive their truck to CT so the dog could easily have walked with Thelma and ridden in the truck with them but for some reason that’s not what Thelma wanted.
Initially I thought she didn’t take the dog with her because they aren’t allowed on the WCT but now I suspect she left the dog at home because she wasn’t planning on meeting her husband and it was her who left her glasses at VGCC where there are no security cameras.

I wouldn't think for a moment that there was anything unusual about not taking the dog along on her walk. Do we have any idea what breed of dog it is? It could be a tiny little poodle or a big pug. Do you realize how long a walk she was planning to go on? It would be cruel to force a dog to walk for hours at a brisk pace on a day that was quickly becoming hot and humid. Thelma would have to pack water along for the dog. Dogs like to stop and sniff things and mark their territory every little while. If she walked to the hill it is clear the walk was for training, not a leisurely dog walking stroll. What would they do with a dog at Canadian Tire? The weather could potentially have been too hot by then to leave it in their vehicle.
She lived minutes away from Canadian Tire so why would she choose this of all days to buy something for her upcoming hike? Why even choose Canadian Tire for such a purchase when anything she would need for her hike would likely be available at another store for possibly cheaper. Maybe she was so excited about her trip that she had already purchased everything long ago, or maybe she was a procrastinator and was going to buy things at the last minute.
Also, why would she choose to disappear on the day of her grandson's birthday party and make a plan to meet at a certain time, thereby giving her very little time before people would notice her missing and start to look for her? She could have rather chosen to do this on a day when there was no set schedule and no set time for her return home or tell her husband she wasn't interested in meeting him at the store, but rather meet later at home. For this reason I also believe her immediate family is not responsible for her disappearance. The time frame in which to do away with her before she was noticed to be missing was very small.
If she wanted to commit suicide it means she did so after leaving her glasses in the Valley Gardens area. Leaving her glasses meant she wanted to hide the fact that it was a suicide and instead make it look like she was abducted. But if that were true, where did she think she could go without her body being found? The Red River is the obvious answer. She couldn't have weighted herself down so then why hasn't the body turned up yet? Also, the family strongly believes she was not suicidal. Although I suppose it can happen that a person can hide their feelings from their family I think usually the family knows something is wrong with a loved one.

I also highly doubt she wanted to get away from her family and start a new life. Why not just get a divorce and get her share of a financial settlement and still remain in touch with her children and grandchild?

The police blocked off a very large section during their search. It went all the way east to the Terry Sawchuck arena, south and west to the fence around the hill and north up to and including the VG community centre. There is video showing them taking pictures of numerous things on the ground and marking locations with marker flags. There has been mention (not officially, but in comments on websites) of her cell phone being found there, tire tracks being checked, and what could have been blood on the ground near the community centre. I'm sure something major happened there. Why more information hasn't been released to the public about their investigation and findings in this area is unknown.

I wouldn't think for a moment that there was anything unusual about not taking the dog along on her walk. Do we have any idea what breed of dog it is? It could be a tiny little poodle or a big pug. Do you realize how long a walk she was planning to go on? It would be cruel to force a dog to walk for hours at a brisk pace on a day that was quickly becoming hot and humid. Thelma would have to pack water along for the dog. Dogs like to stop and sniff things and mark their territory every little while. If she walked to the hill it is clear the walk was for training, not a leisurely dog walking stroll. What would they do with a dog at Canadian Tire? The weather could potentially have been too hot by then to leave it in their vehicle.
She lived minutes away from Canadian Tire so why would she choose this of all days to buy something for her upcoming hike? Why even choose Canadian Tire for such a purchase when anything she would need for her hike would likely be available at another store for possibly cheaper. Maybe she was so excited about her trip that she had already purchased everything long ago, or maybe she was a procrastinator and was going to buy things at the last minute.
Also, why would she choose to disappear on the day of her grandson's birthday party and make a plan to meet at a certain time, thereby giving her very little time before people would notice her missing and start to look for her? She could have rather chosen to do this on a day when there was no set schedule and no set time for her return home or tell her husband she wasn't interested in meeting him at the store, but rather meet later at home. For this reason I also believe her immediate family is not responsible for her disappearance. The time frame in which to do away with her before she was noticed to be missing was very small.
If she wanted to commit suicide it means she did so after leaving her glasses in the Valley Gardens area. Leaving her glasses meant she wanted to hide the fact that it was a suicide and instead make it look like she was abducted. But if that were true, where did she think she could go without her body being found? The Red River is the obvious answer. She couldn't have weighted herself down so then why hasn't the body turned up yet? Also, the family strongly believes she was not suicidal. Although I suppose it can happen that a person can hide their feelings from their family I think usually the family knows something is wrong with a loved one.

I also highly doubt she wanted to get away from her family and start a new life. Why not just get a divorce and get her share of a financial settlement and still remain in touch with her children and grandchild?

The police blocked off a very large section during their search. It went all the way east to the Terry Sawchuck arena, south and west to the fence around the hill and north up to and including the VG community centre. There is video showing them taking pictures of numerous things on the ground and marking locations with marker flags. There has been mention (not officially, but in comments on websites) of her cell phone being found there, tire tracks being checked, and what could have been blood on the ground near the community centre. I'm sure something major happened there. Why more information hasn't been released to the public about their investigation and findings in this area is unknown.

Thanks for this post. It prompted me to go reading back some old articles from when she first went missing, and I think there's some meat to what you're saying. The police were looking hard for vehicles seen in the area during the early days of the investigation. It would fit with some type of attack or maybe even a hit and run, where Thelma was initially injured or killed in one location, and her body was then loaded into a vehicle and taken away from the scene of the crime. If that's the case, she could literally be anywhere which would also help explain why they haven't found her yet.

I read that there was off-the-record talk at one of the press conferences that Thelma might have seen something criminal during her walk and her disappearance is because they didn't want to leave any witnesses. Not sure what that criminal activity might have been. I think this is just speculation, though, and if the police were really following this theory, they wouldn't have said the public has no cause for concern.

I've also heard that theory about her being hit accidentally by a car and killed and the driver panicking and moving her body. If that were the case, though, I think it would have come to light already. Getting rid of a body isn't easy, and if it was an accident, I believe the person who hit her would have cracked by now. I think their behaviour and demeanor would have changed radically after the accident, enough so that their friends and family would have noticed and commented on it. Perhaps the police should ask the public if they know of anyone who was out at the time of Thelma's disappearance and whose behaviour/demeanor changed significantly in the days afterward.

I've also seen comments on this thread that Thelma didn't have a water bottle with her on her walk. If that's true, perhaps she headed towards the community center because they have a water fountain.

An outdoor water fountain? My guess is the community club does not have one, but I don't know for sure. It would make perfect sense for Thelma to walk here because of the toboggan hill. In this flat prairie city it's the only thing that even slightly resembles hiking up a mountain that is anywhere close to where she lives.

Why would the water fountain have to be outside? I was thinking there was probably a water fountain inside...most community clubs have them. Was the club closed that day?

I read earlier in the thread that she didn't have a water bottle with her, and people were speculating as to why she went towards the community club. I was thinking that if it was hot and she didn't have water with her, she might have headed there for a drink.

Your theory makes sense at any other time of year when the club is bustling on a Saturday morning with hockey, soccer, etc., however this was mid July at 8 am. No children's sports at least are going on at this time of year. Had the club been open we would have certainly heard about it in the media. The police would have been more specific in their request for witnesses who had been in the club at that time. I truly believe this whole area including the hill was deserted. Did Thelma happen upon some criminal activity going on? Was she hit by a car, perhaps driven by a criminal? Did someone who knew her or had seen her walking before know this would be a place to snatch her? Her glasses being left behind lead me to think she didn't go willingly. Those are my theories.

Why would the water fountain have to be outside? I was thinking there was probably a water fountain inside...most community clubs have them. Was the club closed that day?

I read earlier in the thread that she didn't have a water bottle with her, and people were speculating as to why she went towards the community club. I was thinking that if it was hot and she didn't have water with her, she might have headed there for a drink.

Or a bathroom. Early morning ... coffee ... businesses not open yet. Thelma is the same age as I am, and I need to stop for a pee after an hour of walking.

I'm leaning towards the theory that she happened upon some criminal activity. I don't believe she abandoned her family to start a new life or committed suicide on her grandson's birthday. If she suffered a medical event, she would have been found already. I also don't think she was hit by a car and the driver took her body. If that driver was a criminal (as Peg4 mentioned), he/she may have been more likely to take Thelma's body for disposal elsewhere, but if the driver was just an average person who made a mistake after an accident, as I said before, I think they would have cracked already. I believe the guilt and stress would have caused behavioural changes that would have been very noticeable to the person's friends and family.

My local community centre in BC opens at 6:30 am, even in the summer, so I surmised the Valley Garden CC might have had similar hours. But you're right, Peg4, had the centre been open at that time, more people would have been around.

I am starting to feel like this was not a random crime. I still find the "trip to Canadian Tire" quite fishy (IMHO).

Thelma crosses my mind regularly, hoping something heats the case back up.

An ending to the mysterious disappearance of Thelma Krull seems far away
December 29, 2015

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...s-disappearance-seems-far-away-363783451.html

Thanks for posting this article, Tara. Thelma's case is so weird. I know there are so many missing people that we follow here on WS, but for me, Thelma's case (and Holly Grim's in PA) stand out as the most inexplicable in their age group. There are so few clues, so few directions to go, so little to investigate.

Where are you Thelma? The picture of your husband in the article above is crushing. Find your way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie