Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we have covered that pretty good (with pictures) both LoriMca and I were working on it at the same time (unknown to each other) and she posted it first so search her posts and you should find it
LoriMca uses the Avengers avatar here.

For what its worth , at the very first part of the video (where she first appears) it almost looks like she had just straightened out her walk and started off briskly.

I am thinking that is what (Jurkovic and Gates) are talking about ... and I did notice it too (back a month or more ago) .... and I put it on a 4 foot monitor in high definition at 1/4 speed

My conclusion (from memory) was that her house is just across the street , she was likely stepping off her driveway , turned slightly , checked for traffic , saw none , and then began her brisk stride

Find Lori's posts for more detail.

I don’t think Thelma heard anything, and even if she did, it didn’t stop her from walking down the street so I don't think it's important.

What is significant to me about the video is that it shows Thelma knew that was the only security camera she would come across, so once she passes it, she has privacy.

Yes, I think the fear of hiking the WCT could very well have played into Thelma’s disappearance. Maybe the WCT isn’t ’Fear Factor’ for you because you have a lot of backpacking experience and you are in excellent physical and mental health. A person who hiked the West Coast Trail stated in his list of considerations that hikers have died on the WCT and due to the high amount of accidents and injuries that occur every year, I believe him. If the public knew how many hikers died there, businesses would suffer, so Parks Canada’s websites says you must be prepared for accidents and injuries and then leave it up to you to decide whether you should go or stay home. Because hikers cross gullies on fallen trees, climb 50 ladders, experience heavy fog and strong winds, etc. I doubt all the bodies that fall are recovered. Because of the breath-taking scenery, some people probably choose to end their lives there. Discussing the risks involved including the possibility you might die there with your family members before you go is imperative imo.

Two websites on the WCT say it is one of the most grueling hikes in North America and careful preparation and planning is required. After they list the major hazards, they ask each individual if they have any doubts about walking the trail, and doubts are the same as fears aren’t they? They also posted a MUST SEE video on the hazards and after reading and watching the videos, I do have very strong doubts and fears so I will never walk this trail. If I didn’t pay attention to my doubts and agreed to go anyway, knowing I could have a fatal accident and die there would be very hard on myself and family.

There is nothing that confirms that by July, 2015, Thelma had done everything she needed to do and was prepared to leave in less than a month's time for the West Coast. Friday evening Thelma and her husband planned to go to CT the following day, and apparently they didn’t discuss her trip or what she may have needed to purchase for it. Thelma may very well been upset knowing she could go to the WCT and never return and her family didn’t do or say anything to stop her.

http://besthike.com/n-america/pacific-n-w/west-coast-trail/
http://www.westcoasttrail.com/the-trail/
http://www.westcoasttrailbc.com/trail_guidebook_map.htm

BBM......but we have no evidence that she WASN'T prepared.....

I don’t think Thelma heard anything, and even if she did, it didn’t stop her from walking down the street so I don't think it's important.

What is significant to me about the video is that it shows Thelma knew that was the only security camera she would come across, so once she passes it, she has privacy.

what did i miss? how do we know she was aware this was the only security camera?

what did i miss? how do we know she was aware this was the only security camera?

Security cameras are easy to spot and because Thelma had walked around her neighborhood for almost a year, she knows it quite well. She was a Cub and Scout Leader and they teach you to be alert and aware of your surroundings. The security camera on Thelma's street is the only one which showed her walking on Saturday morning. If there had been more cameras on her route, they would have captured her but there aren't any, and I believe she knew that. It's easy to disappear under those circumstances. Her glasses were found at VGCC where there are no cameras and she certainly wouldn't leave her glasses there if there was. Once Thelma passed the house on her street that has the camera mounted on the house and facing the street, her trail goes cold.

Hello. Before you start the video, the searcher on the right is holding something in his left hand which appear to be blue. The caption says: Thelma Krull case: Police locate missing woman’s glasses near Valley Garden”.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...woman-s-glasses-near-valley-gardens-1.3152984

Its a roll of blue marker tape

Security cameras are easy to spot and because Thelma had walked around her neighborhood for almost a year, she knows it quite well. She was a Cub and Scout Leader and they teach you to be alert and aware of your surroundings. The security camera on Thelma's street is the only one which showed her walking on Saturday morning. If there had been more cameras on her route, they would have captured her but there aren't any, and I believe she knew that. It's easy to disappear under those circumstances. Her glasses were found at VGCC where there are no cameras and she certainly wouldn't leave her glasses there if there was. Once Thelma passed the house on her street that has the camera mounted on the house and facing the street, her trail goes cold.
If you are suggesting she was wanting to do something "private" I doubt she would do in a condensed residential area , and I doubt she could determine with confidence there were no other cameras on the streets. Whereas she was heading for miles of open road to do the "private thing" you allude to . <modsnip>

BBM......but we have no evidence that she WASN'T prepared.....

And that's the problem. I am a certified fitness trainer and have been for many years so it&#8217;s a well-educated guess on my part that she wasn't prepared; however only Thelma&#8217;s family and friends know what she had done besides walk around her neighborhood for about a year and it appears that no one, including WPS investigators, have asked them.

When Bill, Robert, and Lisa told reporters Thelma had been training to hike the WCT in September, they didn&#8217;t ask them what else she had been doing, what progress had been made, and whether she had done all that was required of her, and it&#8217;s probably because no one is familiar with the WCT so they don&#8217;t realize how dangerous it is and what each person has to know, learn and do before they go. There is plenty of work involved and Thelma worked full-time at Spike Inc. and was involved in fund-raising activities so she didn&#8217;t have a lot of spare time on her hands. Her brother Bill, who she was to hike the trail with, lives in Penticton so they can't train together and they probably had to communicate by email. You have to plan your route, register 3 months in advance, pay expenses, study maps and tides, know what to do in life-threatening situations, take certain types of equipment, know who to contact in case of an emergency, learn from those who have walked the WCT, etc. etc. etc. It&#8217;s a huge project and most hikers probably plan for many, many years but because Thelma was hiking for a charity event, she only had one year to prepare and she had to go in September whether she was fully prepared or not. Unless you are seriously injured or worse, it is difficult to back out of a charity event.

No one said whether she was working with a certified fitness trainer or going to the gym to lift weights, and the weather conditions and landscape on the WCT are very different from Winnipeg&#8217;s, which is where Thelma&#8217;s lived for over thirty years. What backpacking experience does she have that is comparable to the challenges she would face on the WCT? Was she afraid of heights? How well can she swim?

It wasn&#8217;t really necessary for Thelma and Robert to run out and purchase a ladder at Canadian Tire before they attended their grandson&#8217;s birthday party in the afternoon so I wonder who initiated the conversation about household chores on Friday evening and was the one who decided they should purchase a ladder the following day? If they picked up the ladder on their way home from the party, they could both sleep in, get some well-deserved rest and relaxation, eat breakfast together, shower and dress, and leave together. The Canadian Tire Store on Regent Avenue is open until 9 pm on Saturdays, so if they don&#8217;t want to stop there after the party, it reopens at 9 am on Sundays.

Both Thelma and Robert work full-time so while Robert slept in on his day off, his wife got up and left for a hike without saying a word. Arranging to meet her husband at CT gave Thelma an opportunity to leave the house alone.

Another reason I believe she planned to disappear Saturday morning is the fact she left their dog at home.

It wasn&#8217;t really necessary for Thelma and Robert to run out and purchase a ladder at Canadian Tire before they attended their grandson&#8217;s birthday party in the afternoon so I wonder who initiated the conversation about household chores on Friday evening and was the one who decided they should purchase a ladder the following day? If they picked up the ladder on their way home from the party, they could both sleep in, get some well-deserved rest and relaxation, eat breakfast together, shower and dress, and leave together. The Canadian Tire Store on Regent Avenue is open until 9 pm on Saturdays, so if they don&#8217;t want to stop there after the party, it reopens at 9 am on Sundays.

Both Thelma and Robert work full-time so while Robert slept in on his day off, his wife got up and left for a hike without saying a word. Arranging to meet her husband at CT gave Thelma an opportunity to leave the house alone.

Another reason I believe she planned to disappear Saturday morning is the fact she left their dog at home.

We have nothing to indicate that Thelma normally took the dog with her on her walks. Personally I find my dogs to be a hindrance if I am walking for exercise.

I don't see how arranging the CT meet-up somehow equates to giving her an opportunity to leave the house alone. From the sounds of it, as an avid exerciser, she left the house alone on a regular basis for her frequent walks. As for the CT meet-up, I do find it a bit odd that a wife was necessary to help buy the ladder ... IMO, most wives would pass on that not-so-fantastic opportunity ;), but perhaps she was interested in some of her own shopping in the process.

Bear in mind, when a person decides to hike the WCT, is up to them when they leave, they are in control, but once you sign up to volunteer at a charity event, you have to be ready for the event by a certain date even if you didn’t have enough time to train properly and do all the research and planning that’s involved. When you are volunteering for a charity event, it isn’t easy to call and cancel or just not show up after you agree to go. Knowing Thelma was hiking the WCT for a charity event explains why she didn’t simply call Bill and cancel.

I haven't read anywhere else except your post that it was a charity event - where did you read this?

Just my 2 cents...being a wife...and about Thelma's age...I don't 'mind' shopping with hubby...but for the most part....gimme my space please! ;) Seriously...none of the talk the night before or their non-interaction in the AM really seems at all off to me.....If I was wanting to go for a walk/run and hubby was still snoring away....I'd probably just go in and say...I'm going for a walk...call me on the cell if you need me...or I'll see you at 10 at Canadian Tire....even if he's 1/2 asleep I can say later....I TOLD you I was going...sheesh!
Anyways...I don't find anything 'mysterious' about meeting later at CT either.....he wanted to get a ladder....she'd be done her walk....they were to pick up a cake somewhere *does anyone know where they were getting that cake?* I'm guessing....she let hubby sleep in...she got in her walk....he'd be up and attem and to CT by 10...he gets his ladder...they go get the cake....home to shower....then from home ...off to the party.....
But ....she never got to CT...and never got home :( Thelma girl...where the heck are ya? I don't want to think bad thoughts...I cling to hope till there isn't any.....so I will continue to HOPE.

Does anyone have a timeline of Thelma and her Husband's whereabouts for the day she went missing? The more this case drags on the more I start to question if the Canadian Tire trip might have been set up as an alibi, and that it could be an inside job.

Latest news articles:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ook-out-for-missing-woman-s-clothes-1.3247206

"Winnipeg police are asking hunters and others who'll be out in the woods outside the city this fall to look out for anything that may have belonged to Thelma Krull, who has been missing since July."

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/thelma-krull-missing-person-case-sees-officers-call-to-keep-watch-for-clothing-items-1.2584730

"Winnipeg police renewed a call for the public’s help on Sept. 28 in finding Thelma Krull, with investigators calling for keeping watch for items that may be visible in autumn."

http://globalnews.ca/news/2245339/thelma-krull-still-missing-winnipeg-police-continue-to-ask-for-help/

"Police believe the loss of foliage and the higher number of hunters in the woods could help in the search for the 57-year-old woman."

http://www.metronews.ca/news/winnip...nging-seasons-helps-thelma-krull-investi.html

"Police are hopeful falling leaves in wooded areas in and around Winnipeg may reveal a clue to the whereabouts of missing grandmother Thelma Krull."

http://www.cjob.com/2015/09/28/87499/

"She was dressed in a bright reddish-orange t-shirt, black Capris, a black fanny pack and brown hiking shoes."

I can't believe that she is still missing. Where are you Thelma?

Global WinnipegVerified account &#8207;@globalwinnipeg [video=twitter;650082288688984064]https://twitter.com/globalwinnipeg/status/650082288688984064[/video]
Court says Thelma Krull's office is still the way it was the day she went missing:http://globalnews.ca/news/2255369/thelma-krulls-co-workers-reminded-daily-about-her-disappear/ &#8230;

Oh no, I was hoping WPS had taken her computers to search for clues, but after reading this report, I doubt they have. I'm not sure if WPS need a search warrant in order to seize her computers, but I think it is prudent to check her word files and see what searches she had conducted on the Internet recently. This should have been done right after she disappeared imo.

Its a roll of blue marker tape

If you are suggesting she was wanting to do something "private" I doubt she would do in a condensed residential area , and I doubt she could determine with confidence there were no other cameras on the streets. Whereas she was heading for miles of open road to do the "private thing" you allude to . <modsnip>

The security camera on her street is the only one that was turned it to LE and there are none on the buildings at the VGCC where her glasses were left or anywhere else and Thelma knows this. Security cameras are easy to spot. After Thelma passed the security camera on her street, there is no sign of her on any security cameras.

Police did request that anyone who has a home security camera or a business camera in the surrounding areas where Krull was last seen to review their footage between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 11. If any footage of Krull is observed, please contact the Winnipeg Police Service Missing Persons Unit with this information and no one did because there aren&#8217;t any cameras and I believe Thelma knew that because her daughter said she walked nearly every morning.

http://mytoba.ca/news/thelma-krull-police-release-video-of-missing-woman/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member