Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/Missing-womans-family-organizes--318674611.html

"Thelma Krull’s family is pressing ahead with efforts to keep the search for the missing 57-year-old grandmother in the news.

"We’re reviewing everything at the moment," Krull's daughter Lisa Marquis Besser said Monday.

Besser said she’s meeting with police later today, and at the family’s request and weather permitting, there will be an event at the Red River Speedway tonight to publicize the ongoing search.

"I asked for the meeting with police," Besser said, "To touch base, to see what different things (to do) and what we can rule out."

Around 9:30 p.m., following the races are over at the speedway this evening, the family plans to hand out flameless candles in the stands and release Chinese lanterns in an effort to keep attention on Krull’s disappearance. That event, which the family is calling Keep the Light On, was originally scheduled for last Thursday but the races were rained out.

As of today, Krull has been missing for 16 straight days."

Did TK have another pair of eyeglasses? What about bus depots, train stations, car rental places. etc. Just to rule out that she left.

How long does it take before police give up in a situation like this? My fear is that with no leads, this case will become cold and the family cannot continue to search on their own. Does the RCMP get involved at some point?

This is a good question , it is a jurisdictional thing that may very well hinder a case like this

Winnipeg Police are pretty much responsible for everything within the Perimeter highway . The highway itself , and surrounding rural areas are RCMP , except for places like East St Paul who have their own police force

The area of TK's home and disappearance is within a stones throw of at least 3 different departments.

I do not know the harmony or coordination between them , but I assume there must be some.

This is a good question , it is a jurisdictional thing that may very well hinder a case like this

Winnipeg Police are pretty much responsible for everything within the Perimeter highway . The highway itself , and surrounding rural areas are RCMP , except for places like East St Paul who have their own police force

The area of TK's home and disappearance is within a stones throw of at least 3 different departments.

I do not know the harmony or coordination between them , but I assume there must be some.

Thank you Arnie. I was hoping RCMP would be brought in like the FBI is in the United states. Federal body, greater resources etc. I would hate to see this case go cold due to "jurisdiction" classification. Also, although she went missing from within the city limits, that does not mean she may be outside them. I would hope other towns and agencies nearby are searching and keeping an eye open as well.

I have a lot of cell phone ping knowledge.
It depends on the company. I.e. MTS or Rogers. One will give you the cell tower and what direction from the tower. I.e. south west of *advertiser censored* tower.
Another will give latitude and longitude and a radius....such as 300 meters. Sometimes the radius is huge and therefore useless.
The poster who said that they can call Winnipeg police is correct in saying that somee times they get a tower outside of the city. It's been discussed in the media.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Yes , plus another factor to consider ... there are likely at least 6 cell towers in NE Wpg .... 2 MTS , 2 Rodgers , and 2 Tellus ..... and if TK was an MTS user only 2 towers can provide info or pings , not all 6 towers.

And as you and another poster mentioned , the 911 system has plenty of harmful flaws , the 911 operator identifies a call by the geographic area of the cell tower , which may not be where the police , ambulance , or fire department is that you need.

The Holly Bobo case is a good example , her mom immediately dialed 911 .... but she was at work and got handed over to a police department in another county who were clueless. If her call had gotten to her home town , the sheriff knew the family , knew where they lived , knew all the bandits in the area , and would have had the place swarming with cops within minutes of her abduction.

Finally, investigating bodies of water. She may have drowned, no?

"The search for Thelma Krull entered Day 12 Wednesday with Winnipeg police taking their investigation into the water for the first time."

"They were conducting a proper ground search first, now it's gone to this area that does have water in it and it's time to move forward and let's just ensure that we cover all the bases," Hofley said."

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/07/22/police-divers-search-kilcona-park-for-thelma-krull

Is their a map somewhere with the location where she went missing? TIA!

If you search google maps or google earth for "Toboggan Hill, Winnipeg" you'll quickly find it.

East St. Paul is policed by the RCMP.
This is a Winnipeg Police Service case but they have units where it is a task force type thing and both police agencies work together.
RCMP will not be called to take over the case but they can assist.

Assuming that this disappearance was caused by a kind of acquaintance, whether work-related or linked to another area (maybe from any contract work she was having done, a business person she was familiar with, someone she met on the cruise she went on, someone that she may have met during volunteer work), or a "friend" of hers, or other person she knew, I am not sure that they would necessarily keep Thelma within city limits. Based on what I saw of her facebook page, she seemed to like nice things..the cruise, nice jewellery and stylish accessories, going to the hair salon, and so on. If that person ran in the same socio-economic circle and enjoyed a certain lifestyle, they would have everything to lose so to speak. And with everything to lose, they may have opted to take her out into the countryside, probably far out to make sure she wouldn't be found. Maybe that person owned property out in the countryside or resided there. Why haven't the police asked for rural residents to check their farmlands, any abandoned properties, to report any suspicious/unfamiliar vehicles they may have seen at unusual times of the day, including headlights? They've stuck close to the community center area but have found nothing. I don't think a perpetrator in this case would leave anything to chance. Off into the countryside he (assuming it was a he) may have gone. And that area was near the eastern /northeastern edge of the city. So maybe in that type of direction for a quick exit.

Infrequent lurker here. I decided to register since this struck so close to home. I grew up not far from where Thelma lives. My friend lives around the corner from her. I still live in the city but not in this area but there frequently as I have many friends and family that do. My mother is not much older than Thelma and frequently walks/bikes in the area alone so I am worried about her.

Harbourview South is an upscale, middle class suburb. Valley Gardens is more working class, lower middle class with some low income housing mixed in.

I very much disagree with any notions that Thelma walked away. That makes no sense at all. She was a well-educated, family-orientated, community focused individual by the sounds of it. Getting a divorce would be much easier to do than staging a whole fake kidnapping/death.

Someone alluded that she may have purposely planted her glasses. That's like dropping a needle into a haystack and thinking it will be a clear message to your husband. Absurd suggestion.

As for suicide in the river I doubt she would have wandered around Valley Gardens if she was intent on killing herself. If her idea of killing herself was going to be jumping in the Red River she would have walked out of her housing development and proceeded down Grassie Boulevard to Fraser's Park where the closest public access to the river would be. Valley Gardens is nowhere near the river.

Someone also alluded to her sudden interest in hiking that may mean she was meeting someone on the sly. She had been into scouting for many years which included outdoor pursuits like hiking.

Someone asked if the police were going door to door. Yes I have had friends that had the police come to their doors that live in the area.

Her work at S.P.I.K.E. was administrative in nature and they deal more with people with mental retardation and Down's syndrome in group homes. Not people who roam the community on their own with violent tendencies. Way back many moons ago i volunteered in high school with them and the clients were very sweet and were supervised 24/7.

To me the only thing that makes sense is an abduction of some kind. Which is very very scary.

Infrequent lurker here. I decided to register since this struck so close to home. I grew up not far from where Thelma lives. My friend lives around the corner from her. I still live in the city but not in this area but there frequently as I have many friends and family that do. My mother is not much older than Thelma and frequently walks/bikes in the area alone so I am worried about her.

Harbourview South is an upscale, middle class suburb. Valley Gardens is more working class, lower middle class with some low income housing mixed in.

I very much disagree with any notions that Thelma walked away. That makes no sense at all. She was a well-educated, family-orientated, community focused individual by the sounds of it. Getting a divorce would be much easier to do than staging a whole fake kidnapping/death.

Someone alluded that she may have purposely planted her glasses. That's like dropping a needle into a haystack and thinking it will be a clear message to your husband. Absurd suggestion.

As for suicide in the river I doubt she would have wandered around Valley Gardens if she was intent on killing herself. If her idea of killing herself was going to be jumping in the Red River she would have walked out of her housing development and proceeded down Grassie Boulevard to Fraser's Park where the closest public access to the river would be. Valley Gardens is nowhere near the river.

Someone also alluded to her sudden interest in hiking that may mean she was meeting someone on the sly. She had been into scouting for many years which included outdoor pursuits like hiking.

Someone asked if the police were going door to door. Yes I have had friends that had the police come to their doors that live in the area.

Her work at S.P.I.K.E. was administrative in nature and they deal more with people with mental retardation and Down's syndrome in group homes. Not people who roam the community on their own with violent tendencies. Way back many moons ago i volunteered in high school with them and the clients were very sweet and were supervised 24/7.

To me the only thing that makes sense is an abduction of some kind. Which is very very scary.
Welcome Sedona. Thank you for the info about her employment. I have only one addition to your great post, and that is in relation to your last sentence. She very well may have been abducted by a stranger, and for all we know she's trapped in a house one block from Toboggan Hill, for example. But I also think it's imperative that we consider that someone very close to her disappeared her. It certainly is the most likely scenario. Spouses, lovers, parents, children and very new acquaintances all have been known to do very bad things to the people they love.

We don't know that she wandered around. Other than the video near her house nobody saw her.

We don't know that she wandered around. Other than the video near her house nobody saw her.
So true. She may have caught a ride at the end of that corner. We don't know.

Sedona,

Question: had TKs appearance changed in the past year?

I meant from her housing division to valley gardens area where her glasses were found. If she was going to commit suicide it would seem preposterous that she wandered around first rather than going straight to do the deed. Besides I'm not really sure how one commits suicide by going into the river around there as most places it's zero entry so it would be like walking into a lake not diving off a bridge. To dive off a bridge would be highly noteable. Besides that piece of the river on a hot summer morning would be surrounded by residences on the rivers, people out boating, and people walking the river trails.

My point is I really think you need to drop the idea of committing suicide in the Red River. It just makes no sense if you know the area.

The other alternative is someone close to her killing or abducting her. I'm just not getting that vibe but everything is possible.

KMouse - I have no idea about her appearance.

I thought your friend is her neighbor?

I thought your friend is her neighbor?

My friend lives in the same development of Harbourview South but a few streets over. My friend lives off a cul de sac around the corner from the street the Krulls live on so perhaps 5-7 minute casual walk away. Not sure if they know each other or not. They're kids are kind of close in age so she may know of her via school/sports. She's been away on vacation so haven't talked to her.

I don't think that she jumped in the river either. At the beginning I thought so. As for where she could have logically jumped in the river etc. People do non sensible things when they are in crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member