Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things I found "strange" about the Jeffrey Boucher case was all his clothes had been removed.

The autopsy said there were no indications of foul play , which indicates (to me anyway) that his body had been preserved intact in the ice (they had to chip him out of the ice)

It does not sound like he was all cut up and bashed from waves action against the shore to explain the missing clothing .

Several years ago a co-worker of mine commit suicide by drowning in a river. He was found naked and had neatly folded all his clothes and left them on the riverbank.

I haven't read up on this particular case.
Did this fellow in the cold weather?
People who die of hypothermia take off their clothes because they become hot and confused.

Good points about hypothermia , they (freezing person) feel as though they are too hot and remove clothing.

Could very well explain Jeffrey , maybe fell in the water and hypothermia set in.

Although his family said it was not normal for him to head for the lake on his early morning run. Had never done that before. The morning run was always close to home .... he had to return home and get ready for work etc.

I mapped it out and it is 9.1 km from her house, West on Concordia to Gateway, south on Gateway to Talbot and then East on Talbot to Lagimodiere and across to Regent/Canadian Tire. That would take the average person walking 3 km an hour, three hours. That would be without any stops along the way like to train on the hill at VGCC. If she did indeed walk faster such as 4-6 km an hour then she's not walking anymore--she's now jogging because It's very hard to walk at 4.0 km/hr IMO. Judging by my treadmill anyway. I have to start a slow jog at 4.1 km/hr and she apparently was wearing hiking boots which would not allow jogging. I suppose if the plan was to double back from VGCC back towards Lag and Regent then it could have been achieved in 2 1/2 hrs. But would that be a logical route for someone training for a long hike that enjoys long long walks? It all seems so far fetched to me.

Just for a little more perspective on this - I'm younger than Thelma, but by the short video I saw she is walking fairly quick and I would say that my walking speed is maybe only slightly faster than hers. When I walk, I walk between 9.5-11.5km distances outside. For 11kms it takes me 1hr 45 minutes, which the app I use tells me is with me walking a steady pace at 3.8mph. Also- treadmills when you use them use miles per hour as a speed not kms also and I know on a treadmill I have mine set to 3.8 minimum.

By the video I saw of her I would say she was walking between 3-3.5mph which would have taken her about 1hr 45 mins - 2 hrs to walk the 9.1kms approx. assuming she didn't slow down, or approx. 2.5hrs if she didn't keep the same pace up. This would have gotten her to Canadian tire right around 10am as she allegedly discussed with her husband.

I find the video footage of Thelma walking on her street very grainy and I hope that investigators have a firm confirmation that it is in fact Thelma. I can't help but think that someone of similar height and weight could have staged that video and if so they would have been aware beforehand that a neighbour, possibly a friend uses CCTV cameras. The cell phone ping if staged would mean that person is rather techy to include that as part of the trail. I also find it odd that Thelma was wearing those heavy hiking boots on such a hot day Instead of running shoes. Perhaps she was breaking in the boots for her WCT hike. The boots stand out as bulky so if it was in fact her in that footage and she climbed up that large hill perhaps she tripped or lost her footing. Maybe she was pushed and tumbled down the hill, losing her glasses (IIRC that was where the glasses were found). If she was pushed down the hill would it be easier to transfer her to a vehicle?

I am not convinced the CCTV footage was her.

For the hiking boots, I definitely wouldn't have chosen to wear them for a standard walk - however - on the walk she was going on at the end of this month in BC, the information for it specifically mentioned to bring 'hiking boots that were well broken in". I would think with just over a month to go for her hike she would wear those boots as much as she can so that she didn't injure herself on the much larger hike she would be doing in BC.

Give us an example or link please.

Here's one example: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/317503842457766367/

What is 'interesting' about this one is that it isn't just a re-pin. She either took a picture of that quote, or searched for it online and then chose to add it to her pinterest board. So she was intentionally looking for words that spoke to her. "The world is waiting for you". Interesting words to fuel the idea that she started a new life...

Just wanted to add one more thing. I've been following this since the beginning as I live in the same city and it won't stop bothering me. There are a million theories being flown around. I had another one:

TK has a sister who lives in Pinawa bay/lac du bonnet area. Not far from there is a large trail (http://traillady.com/wordpress/pinawas-trans-canada-trail/), about half the length than the trail she was about to take in BC. Pinawa bay is about 1.5 hrs away from where she was last seen, if going by car of course. But she 'was near' an almost direct route there.

What if she planned to either meet up with someone she knew, or someone she didn't know well, but who was interested in testing out the trail with her? Maybe her sister didn't even know she was coming out but Thelma would have headed to her place after the trail? Lot's of what ifs, and I'm sure the police know where her sister lives. But it's just an idea. Pinawa bay is shown on the map here, I've shown the route from where TK was last approx. 'known' to be and the location of Pinawa bay:

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/49.9...de813c9f1173!2m2!1d-95.791939!2d50.324157!3e0

It doesn't make sense to try this trail when your grandson's birthday was only a few hours away, but maybe she just wanted to get away? There are lots of factors we will never know since we can't possibly know her frame of mind.

I think that quote was photographed by Thelma from a book. When I googled it, a page from an ebook popped up that has the same layout. The book is Empowering Women, Everywoman's Guide to Successful Living by Louise Hay. I haven't read Hay's books, but I think they're about becoming happier by improving your self-esteem and self-care, some reviews say it's a Christian-based approach, so I don't think leaving your husband and family, or committing suicide, would be part of the message.

I'm not sure how significant it is, since Hay sells millions of books, mostly to middle-aged women like Thelma.

Here's one example: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/317503842457766367/

I think that quote was photographed by Thelma from a book. When I googled it, a page from an ebook popped up that has the same layout. The book is Empowering Women, Everywoman's Guide to Successful Living by Louise Hay. I haven't read Hay's books, but I think they're about becoming happier by improving your self-esteem and self-care, some reviews say it's a Christian-based approach, so I don't think leaving your husband and family, or committing suicide, would be part of the message.

I'm not sure how significant it is, since Hay sells millions of books, mostly to middle-aged women like Thelma.

It actually looks like most of the pins in her quote board are from Louise Hay. She clearly relates to what the woman has to say... could mean anything really. It could just mean she wants to better herself, and that's why she is pushing herself to do this hike? Could mean bettering herself in a happier relationship? Could go in any direction really.

Most of those pins can be interpreted as either the world opening up geographically( as in WCT) or in any number of other ways. What is clear though is that she was looking beyond the status quo...

"Make a list of things that make you happy. make a list of things you do everyday Adjust accordingly"

"Worrying dosent take away tomorrows trouble, it takes away todays peace"

"Today I will.....pray more, worry less
Laugh more, stress less
Hug more and hurry less"

"Not all who wander are lost"

"You are responsible for you own happiness. If you rely on other to make you happy, you will always be disappointed"

My last 5 quotes....only one relates to how I was feeling at the time (the first one as I was just going to start holidays with my kids and wanted to make them count). If I were to go missing...based on these quotes one could assume I wasn't happy or satisfied with life or was worried about something....Quite the contrary ....Im content with my life and relationships.... and I know it.... and want t stay that way. The quotes are affirmations more than anything.

Point is I know FB and pintrest can allow insight into the lives and minds of those missing.... but Im always careful to do so.

My concern is that this might be study and trial runs for something sinister or the guys just looking at cleavage as the women bend over to pick up the money.

Probably fake money , the guy would not risk losing thousands of dollars in case a sprinter decided to run off with it.

bluesneakers .... Wellington Crescent is a long ways away from Thelma .

I can see it as (a disturbed) man who wants these women to know he has a large amount of cash. Someone who is not able to interact comfortably with women, who imagines it impresses them or makes him superior to them.

Further to motive, apparently the Krull's have a Summer property in desirable Lake of the Woods, as well, Robert has a nice city pension (depending on hire date I guess) but he's a retired City bus driver. Divorce can be costly.

Where on Lake of the Woods? Where did you hear/see this?

That is so strange. All he does is take back the cash and thank them? I wonder what his actual plan is?

How far is Wellington Crescent from where Thelma was last seen?
It is also the same time that Thelma went missing, between 7 am and 9 am. Both incidents. Thelma was last seen at 7:25 am. Although it is not in the same area of the city, but maybe the creep went to another part of the city because there was too much focused on the area where Thelma was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay