Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #3 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Newbie here. Have been following the boards for a few days now.

Some theories/thoughts that I have:

1. I know DM is involved but maybe he is not involved as deeply as we think. He has so many vehicles, planes, trailers, cars, heavy machinery, etc. That's a lot of keys. I bet most vehicles and keys were stored in the hangar, which is accessible by maybe a key/alarm code. I am certain SS and AM at the very least had free access to the hangar without needing DM to accompany them. Perhaps someone in his inner circle is the mastermind and DM is one of the accomplices?

2. Maybe they used a stun-gun to subdue TB? I'd say it's easier to procure a stun-gun (perhaps online) than a firearm. Firearms are messy, and they don't seem like the type to get their hands dirty. Maybe they bailed on stealing the first guy's truck because the stun-gun is less effective on 'large framed' people?

3. Kidnapping/hostage/murder for vehicles is not sustainable long-term. If they wanted cars they would just steal or hot-wire them and leave innocent people out of it. One single kidnaping brings too much media attention, too many witnesses, etc. I believe their initial plan was to just take the truck and release TB unharmed, but something went awry. Maybe a struggle, words/punches exchanged?

Will be waiting for updates from the 10am news conference.

Because there is a lot of good stuff here (and because I have nothing better to do) I've transcribed most of the 6+ minute long interview with DM's lawyer Deepak Paradkar.
http://www.cp24.com/news/lawyer-for...-will-plead-100-per-cent-not-guilty-1.1279416

Q- What can you tell us about your client?
A- As far my client is concerned, he's shocked, he's very concerned, he's disconcerted. He is from a very good family, with a great upbringing. He's well-educated, attended Toronto French School. His family's well-to-do, they operate Millard Air Inc. And very, very concerned about where he finds himself. And also concerned about what the evidence is against him. We don't know, hasn't been revealed to us, and hopefully on Wednesday we can see some of that.

Q- Does your client plan on pleading not guilty?
A- 100% not guilty. He'll be defended. He's presumed innocent. He's exercising his constitutional rights to remain silent at this point and we're just awaiting the Crown's evidence in this case.

Q- Is he working with Hamilton Police in the search for Tim Bosma?
A- He is exercising his constitutional rights to remain silent. He's protected under the Constitution. Information has been provided through other sources to assist the police in their investigation, is what I can say.

^Hmm, what does this mean?

Q- What can you tell us about Mr. Millard's family? His mother's property was searched yesterday. How is she?
A- She's very shocked and concerned. She has absolutely no knowledge or involvement in the matter. Apparently a tractor-trailer, a trailer containing a certain vehicle was removed from her property. She cooperated with that, just to let you know. And is concerned for herself; her son's well-being as well.

^Interesting he never said the same about his client.

Q- Did your client say what was in that trailer?
A- My client hasn't made any comment or any statement to any law enforcement.

Q- What's his initial reaction to everything that's going on right now?
A- He's, he's - this is completely out of character for him. He comes from a fine family. He- financially the family does well. They've invested a fair bit of money in the airport, the hangar that they're developing. They're in that business. Historically his roots are his grandfather started Millard Air, very successful airline company in the 50s and 60s. His father then turned that into an airline service company which was out of the Pearson Airport and just last year they moved to Kitchener area. So he is not somebody, from friends' and family's comments, this is completely unexpected and out of character. It's very shocking to everybody. And he is shocked by the allegations.

^Why does he keep talking about DM's pedigree? He sounds like he's reading a Wikipedia page.

Q- Can he say anything at all about where Tim Bosma is?
A- He can't make any comment with respect to that. There are potential -- it's an ongoing fluid investigation. The police are doing their job, so to speak. What we look forward to is there is at least one suspect, if not others, we look forward to seeing what that evidence is that would assist my client in his defense. He hasn't said anything because we're waiting to see what the police have on these other potential suspects.

^Interesting. IMO sounds like they're going to try to pin it on DM's buddies.

Q- Can you tell us, what is, what exactly the next steps are? Is the next court appearance tomorrow?
A - Well, this is a long process. On Wednesday he'll make an appearance in person. I appeared on Saturday, he came by video from the police station. He was remanded until Wednesday. The police had kept that under wraps for investigative purposes. Wednesday is scheduled for a bail hearing for his forcible confinement charges. The Crown had asked for a 3-day remand for further investigation. On Wednesday, it is set for a bail hearing, I don't propose that we are going to do a bail hearing. What we want to get some disclosure and evidentiary brief to see what the case to be met before we go for bail. Once we have that, we'll set a special bail hearing.

Q- Are you anticipating further charges against your client?
A- At this point, I'm not anticipating any further charges. He's charged with what he's charged with. The police will lay whatever charges they deem fit but the two charges that we have to face is forcible confinement and theft over.

Q- Since your client has been arrested, have you had any contact with him in his brief period that he's been in jail? Has he ever had any sort of prior history with police at all?
A- Right. The contact I've had is I appeared personally for him on Saturday. I visited him at the institution Saturday evening. I've had discussions with him on the phone. He is, to my knowledge, he has no criminal record, no brushes with the law in terms of having any kind of, ever being in jail and so forth. He's a person which, I'm assuming all you know through other reports, he's--, his family's involved in charity, he at 14 was a world record holder as being the youngest person to fly a helicopter and so forth. So he comes from good credentials. It's not something that you would expect this type of person to be involved in this type of crime.

Q- His father's death in December, that seems to have been a turning point, according to what we've heard so far.
A- I don't think it was a turning point. The only thing that happened is he takes over the company. He's CEO, his mum is vice-president. In terms of any kind of depression or that sort of thing, I don't see any of that. He's a very well-balanced young man, good head on his shoulders, and from what I've seen very humble and unassuming. I had no idea until getting involved in this case who he was, and he never presented himself as being some heir or anything. But very, very humble.

Q- And had you ever met him before this incident?
A- No, uh, I had a brief meeting with him on an unrelated matter through another client but it has nothing to do with this case.

^Hmm.

I have been following for a few days and I seemed to have missed who SS is. Can someone give me a link to it? Or explain who SS is. Thanks

If you Google Image DMs name there is a photo of DM standing in front of a red pickup truck with the trailer, SS is the man standing in the background. AM had albums on his Facebook of himself, DM and SS together at the Baja race. SS is also in various photos of cars being worked on at DMs hangar, and referred to DM as his 'boss'. SS deleted his Facebook shortly after DM was named was charged.

Finally got permission to post after a full day...i so wanted to post this link which i was watching yesterday:

The weather cam at the airport has "West View" where i could see activity behind the hangar when sunny. Also click on the Reference overlay at the top to see more details. http://www.metcam.navcanada.ca/hb/player.jsp?id=56&cam=127

3. Kidnapping/hostage/murder for vehicles is not sustainable long-term. If they wanted cars they would just steal or hot-wire them and leave innocent people out ofof it. One single kidnaping brings too much media attention, too many witnesses, etc. I believe their initial plan was to just take the truck and release TB unharmed, but something went awry. Maybe a struggle, words/punches exchanged?

Will be waiting for updates from the 10am news conference.

SBM (snipped by me), BBM (bolded by me)
Re: your above point, I absolutely agree.

AND, Welcome! :welcome:

Finally got permission to post after a full day...i so wanted to post this link which i was watching yesterday:

The weather cam at the airport has "West View" where i could see activity behind the hangar when sunny. Also click on the Reference overlay at the top to see more details. http://www.metcam.navcanada.ca/hb/player.jsp?id=56&cam=127

Probably a stupid question by me, forgive me - would this activity be of the ongoing current search of the Roseville property?

And, if so, do you know if they have historical images saved so that someone could go back in time and check out the same view from this camera, but a week or so ago (I often can't say what I mean clearly, sorry)?

Welcome! :welcome:

Further to the publication ban and the speculation on the witnesses, the following quote from the below link that GGE posted previously is more suggestive, and would seem to explain a lot.

"Millard is under a court order to have no contact with two witnesses involved in the Bosma case. The identities of both men are covered by a publication ban."

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2875121-command-centre-set-up-at-millard-farm-in-waterloo-region/

Men. I think we’ll find out down the road that DM’s buddies are turncoats. JMO

So SS is the guy in the back.... How does he fit in, just a known friend to DM and AM? Thinking that there must be 3 involved.

I'm new and ON finally... I'm neon!

I had a couple ideas or "feelings". I remember seeing somewhere that the brother in law of TB said to media that the family didn't know that a DM had been arrested until the media did because LE are being careful of what they are telling the family as to not give false hope or something to the affect. THIS to me would mean that the wife of TB did not have a chance to identify DM as a match before the arrest.
I have had a feeling for a while now that this DM is being used by someone with a much darker mind posing as a friend, using him for his money, resources etc. Maybe he was part of the whole situation but as someone mentioned earlier at a stop sometime during the test drive a "chinese firedrill" could of happened and who knows who went with who and who else (or how MANY else) were involved. Maybe they have been involved in stealing cars etc. for some time and someone was loosing the thrill in the group and turned it up a notch.

Was DM said to be the driver in the Toronto incident? This seems to be that this whole thing was preplanned to some degree for sure and I would think the person in the back seat would be the one who had the most ill intent. If there was to be some sort of "taking over" of the owner then the person in the back seems to me would be the person to do it not the driver. If it's pre-planned this person would of had to volunteer or agree to this action which would take quite some nerve (for lack of a better word at this time).

I think that AM's social media HAD not been turned off for so long possibly because he is a suspect but they were using his social media as bait to get the bigger fish.... AM could be the second person in the vehicle (in the description that was given wasn't there somethign about him being unshaven or scruffy facial hair? In his FB he had a picture about a playoff beard... we are in the playoffs! he would be scruffy right now).
DM's father dying recently, they could of been very close as he's an only child and chose to live with his father instead of the mother no? (don't quote me on that but that is what I gathered from previous posts). Without that model in his life perhaps he's feeling a little lost and also makes him more volnerable to being taken advantage of by someone with ill intent. Maybe him and other suspect were just supposed to steal the vehicle and weren't let in the bigger plan. Perhaps they aren't talking because they feel intimidated.

Nothing adds up here!
On one hand there is a possibility DM and co. We're into organized crime on another hand they just seem like spoiled little rich kids and he certainly had no "need" to steal a truck. There has to be a whole other side to this story.

Also the fact police not family has spoke to press pushing people to look out for Tim is very telling in my opinion. If they thought TB was still with a second suspect I would think they would have put much media presence to try and flush them out. Although maybe it's possible they do not want to push the 2 Nd suspect into an end game sort of move.... I just don't know anymore what to think.

I agree. I think there's quite a bit more to this case than meets the eye. It makes me wonder if LE has reason to believe TB is alive and they're keeping everything quiet so as not to spook the second suspect.

someone posted this photo:

BKOqN5nCYAAxZMZ.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/LiveEyeLuke/status/334297953126735872/photo/1

It is odd that Millard would park the truck, stored in a trailer, at his mother's home and bury a body (God forbid) on a property he owns. Not the most sensible choices of a person attempting to avoid being caught for possible murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member