Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #7 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
taken from the HPS media release link posted above BBM - am I the only one left wondering how he knew the suspect had several tattoos on his arms when he was wearing a long sleeve shirt??

I think that is what he wore to TB's house

As for the other seller:

"Police also believe cellphone records show that the pair met up with a separate man and test-drove a vehicle in the Toronto area on Sunday.

Police said the man was immediately suspicious of the pair, who walked up to his business, located in a remote industrial area of Etobicoke.

The man said the taller of the two had several tattoos on his arms, exposed by his short-sleeve t-shirt, but one in particular stood out: a tattoo on his wrist of a rectangle with the word ‘ambition’ inside."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/10/police-find-cellphone-of-missing-hamilton-man-who-went-for-test-drive-with-two-strange-men-and-never-came-back/

Been thinking about the truck again...it was that model of truck they seemed to be after so badly. They wanted it with some urgency, needed it quickly for some imminent operation.
I read a review of the 2007 Dodge Ram to see if there was anything particularly special about it. Here is an excerpt...
"Considering its size, the 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 is nimble and easy to drive. Ride quality can still be a bit bouncy at times, but when loaded up with passengers and cargo, the Ram is downright comfortable. With the 5.7-liter V8, there's plenty of power for trailer towing and big payloads, but as expected, fuel mileage is a concern, as averaging more than 12 mpg is a challenge. Unless you plan on heavy towing, the more efficient 4.7-liter V8 will probably serve your needs just fine."
http://www.edmunds.com/dodge/ram-pickup-1500/2007/#fullreview

Other user comments about this model of truck from other auto review websites:
"Can easily fit 6 adults with comfort"
"Does what a 4x4 truck should do!"
"Alls I'm saying if your looking for towing power and HP get this gas truck it kills all other gas trucks right now."
"Great hauling and handling.As usual, Great Off-Road."

Conclusions: This particular truck was known to have better than average towing power. Could easily handle the type of trailer found in DM's mother's driveway.
DM needed the truck for some urgent reason. Had some heavy payload to tow. This truck could handle off-road as well. Whatever DM was up to, he needed a truck like this QUICKLY. Otherwise, he could just buy one. But to walk into a dealership, it takes time to process. You don't just drive off with the vehicle that day. He needed it urgently.

taken from the HPS media release link posted above BBM - am I the only one left wondering how he knew the suspect had several tattoos on his arms when he was wearing a long sleeve shirt??

Who says he was wearing that when he came to the TB house?

The description might have been a COMBINED one from the two witnesses, SB and Test Drive 1

That's what I thought but then I read that official release and got all confused again - thanks

Where did we get the information that PL is a flight instructor at the Waterloo airport? Is he currently one there?

I am playing catch up, I am sure this has been answered already, but I will answer it just in case it has not.
Yes he is currently a flight instructor at the Waterloo airport. According to his FB profile.

there was a news report where the farmer who rented out the Ayr farm commented - I believe he said that the police told him that the two tents were set up on two different burn sites (or something to that effect) - I am wondering if a burn site (or sites) would have survived the winter and if these two are fresh sites is it possible there were others before the snow

I saw a CTV clip showing that as well. Most farmers have gone to a "no till" farming meaning they don't plow the field anymore and the seeds are shot into the ground...if you weren't a farmer, you may not know that and may not know evidence could be laying around for a while...and not plowed under

Ancaster Fairgrounds are about a mile from TBs house - there was a Tupperware Rally there on May 6th starting at 7:30 - not sure what time it finished - could have been very busy traffic wise at that time of night - did SB say which direction they went when they left for the test drive?

I used to sell Tupperware with this group about 10 years ago. Not sure the size of the group now but back then we could get 50-100 people or so at the weekly rallies. Many people would be carpooling though. Can't really remember when they ended but I want to say between 9:30 and 10pm

Timing works out 9.20pm TB's Home to Fen Ridge Court where phone was found and phone cut off 10pm if highway 403 is avoided. Approx 30 minutes plus 10 minutes allowing stoppoing for traffic lights.

DM took TB's truck past Ancaster Fairground along Wilson Street West into Brantford then avoiding 403 along Colbourne St East/Dalhousie/Brant Ave/Paris Rd/Hardy Rd/Oak Park Rd/Fen Ridge Court

They would not have stopped off but drove straight to the place where the phone was found.

Someone mentioned a camera at TL a building at the crossroads (Garden Ave/Colbourne St E) picked up the trailing vehicle, LI must know the route taken.

Maybe he pushed up his sleeves.

DM's burner phone was used to contact both sellers. But who used it ?
DM's tattoo linked him to the first test drive . But was he at second test drive and if he was why did he go?
They hid the 2nd vehicle that was to follow them. How do we know who hid it IF it was hidden ?
Both phones are shut off around the same time By whom ?
TB ends up dead . This is a sad fact
His truck is found is DM's trailer on DM's mothers property. Who put it there ? and why ?
TB's remains are found on DM's farm burned beyond recognition. Who put him there and why ?

How far from straight forward can this possibly be? It is not straightforward at all. In fact the case is quite complex at this point because not many facts have been revealed. This is all circumstantial apart from Tim being dead, unfortunately.

Of course this is all JMVHO!

There still remains the fact that DM bought an Eliminator Incinerator with no viable reason to buy one. NONE.

Yes thats pretty evident in the case of TB... the question is Was it a set up or was it straight murder. Who is/are the murderer (s)

If you are considering a conspiracy that involves someone trying to set DM up for some reason, what reasons could there be?

Sleeves pushed up? He does have several on his lower arms. Doubt the witness would have been able to read the ones on his inner arms or the one on his other wrist. The one he was able to actually read, was the "Ambition" one on the outer wrist closest to him? If he couldn't have read that word and described that tattoo it's unlikely LE would have gotten the tips of who sported that kind of tattoo.

MOO

Must do things differently in your neck of the woods then. Here in Western Canada, like in BC and AB that I know of, there is no way to be considered as/practice as a licensed engineer unless you take an accredited Engineering Degree program - period. And then to get your P Eng designation, a basic criteria is that you must be an licensed Engineer. There are no diploma programs out west here that qualify someone as an Engineer, and there is absolutely no way in the world that anyone with non-engineering post-secondary education would be allowed to apply for the P Eng designation. And we don't consider Engineering Technologists as Engineers.

I guess this discussion stems from where several threads ago someone thought TB might be an Engineer because they thought they saw the ring in a picture. I'm a retired Engineer, graduated from U of T 50 years ago. For our American friends, and those from elsewhere, in Canada to become an Engineer you must earn a Bachelor of Applied Science degree from a university. Upon graduation you attend a special ceremony where you receive the iron ring (Google it). After the requisite hours of work experience, you apply for membership in your province's licensing organization (PEO in Ontario) and can use "P.Eng." after your name.

I just thought I'd put this out there for people who don't quite know what an Engineer is. In the UK, for example, and "engineer" can be a mechanic, millwright, inventor or even a skilled handyman.

Maybe he pushed up his sleeves.

Judging by the pics of him on vacation his tattoos are quite a way up his arms. This was at night when it is cooler, so sleeves more than likely were down. so from the position of tattoos it would be unlikely that the other tattoos could be seen.

i wonder if this "burner phone" had any texts on it. i used to have a prepaid cell phone because it was much cheaper for me than having a phone with a plan, etc. but i would randomly get texts from people that i knew... mostly because no one really knew my phone was a pre-paid, and everyone and their mama texts these days. even if there weren't any texts ON the phone itself, maybe LE could find some that were sent and received from that phone number?

all IMO here.

Just the fact that Tim's cell was turned off within a mile of his home says a lot.
y.

what do you mean "I read that as they were planing on a dirty deed prior to arrival. Seize control and cut off comms quickly"

I guess this discussion stems from where several threads ago someone thought TB might be an Engineer because they thought they saw the ring in a picture. I'm a retired Engineer, graduated from U of T 50 years ago. For our American friends, and those from elsewhere, in Canada to become an Engineer you must earn a Bachelor of Applied Science degree from a university. Upon graduation you attend a special ceremony where you receive the iron ring (Google it). After the requisite hours of work experience, you apply for membership in your province's licensing organization (PEO in Ontario) and can use "P.Eng." after your name.

I just thought I'd put this out there for people who don't quite know what an Engineer is. In the UK, for example, and "engineer" can be a mechanic, millwright, inventor or even a skilled handyman.

Good point. In the US, we have "refrigeration engineers", basically an operating engineer on HVAC.

Judging by the pics of him on vacation his tattoos are quite a way up his arms. This was at night when it is cooler, so sleeves more than likely were down. so from the position of tattoos it would be unlikely that the other tattoos could be seen.

Actually that evening was not that cool and definitely not cool enough for so
meone to have their hoodie up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members