Identified! Canada - Tofield, AB, 'Septic Tank Sam' Ntv/WhtMale 1046UMAB, Apr'77 - Gordon Edwin Sanderson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
alright, if it isn’t on in 3 minutes i am going to call it quits. i’m tired and wanna sleep :mad:

khzi7f9kng871.png
latest
194469940_7e00808d-fd68-4704-b19d-d945f78b09b4.jpeg

Rest in peace, Gordon Edwin Sanderson.

He was handsome.
RIP, Gordon. I'm sorry this happened to you.

The report says he was from Edmonton. Someone who knew him at the time must’ve provided his photo. Still waiting no an official release from the RCMP.

Orthram did an outstanding job of successfully identifying him using only partial, degraded sample of DNA.

It’s not clear if GS was “from” Manitoba and relocated to Edmonton because other CBC reports indicate he was “from” Edmonton. But they’ve known his identity since January.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/man-found-burned-body-septic-tank-identified-1.6086082
“The RCMP said Wednesday that the remains found on the farm outside Tofield were those of Sanderson, a 20-year-old Indigenous man from Manitoba.

They said the investigation into the killing remains open.

Police began investigating the death again after the Golden State killer was arrested in 2018. They submitted Sanderson's DNA to Othram Inc., a private laboratory in Texas.

Othram specializes in the recovery and analysis of human DNA from degraded or contaminated forensic evidence. It also does genealogical research for policing agencies in Canada and the U.S. It first hit the headlines in Canada after identifying the killer in the 1984 murder of nine-year-old Christine Jessop, who was abducted from Queensville, Ont…..

….Police said they identified Sanderson in January 2021 and that the case became an active homicide investigation after that.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal
Back