CANADA Canada - Toronto Crimes Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it appropriate to be discussing the case of the two London, On men implicated in the Algeria terrorist plot on this board?
As far as I know, it shouldn't be a problem. Start up a thread.

Thanks for the input on the Dupont suspect.

It was a great catch, linking it to the murder at Warden and Finch in Scarborough.

That murder got relatively little press, and I remember seeing the heartbreaking scenes on the news of the dead woman's husband and kids.

I do agree, both that killing and the Dupont shooting are bizarre, and I think that robbery was not the driving force behind either, but they are likely not connected, although you never know.

Similar type anger/behavior seen in Chris Skinner case?

http://www.durhamradionews.com/archives/55701

"Durham Police are asking the public for help to solve an assault incident in Bowmanville. Around 12:30 a.m. January 13th, authorities say four young people were walking along Sunset Road when a car pulled up. Four males allegedly began yelling at them and exited the car, punching the victims and hitting them with bottles. One of the victims suffered head lacerations. The suspects left in a black four-door car, possible an Impala. They were all described as white, approximately 21 to 23 years old and between 5’8 and 5’10. Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)."

http://www.680news.com/2013/04/10/p...nada-join-forces-to-catch-serial-bank-robber/
"He’s been linked to 17 bank robberies across Canada over the past three years, including several in the Greater Toronto Area.

Police have dubbed him the “Vaulter” because he jumps over the counter during the robberies".

Snip

"The Canadian Bankers Association has also offered a $20,000 reward for any information that leads to his arrest.

He’s described as:
•White
•5’10″
•170-190 lbs.
•Athletic build
•Shaved head or balding"

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police...h-notorious-bank-robber-the-vaulter-1.1232544

"The suspect’s last-known hold-up took place at a bank in Vaughan, Ont. nearly 18 months ago. Police say the robber was unsuccessful that time, and credit a bank employee who kicked him in the groin.

But Det.-Sgt. Michael Fleischaker of York Regional Police says it’s unlikely the man simply gave up on a life of crime following the two-year robbing spree.

“I think if anything he’s maybe changed his MO again, whether he’s masking himself and conducting robberies in a different fashion now, in a different area, or whether or not he’s just moved to another type of criminal act,” Fleischaker said"

Read more: http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-la...nk-robber-the-vaulter-1.1232544#ixzz2QAZHl7f9

Can anyone draw out anything from this video have watched and rewatched many times. Just to (hopefully) start things off:

1. the parked black car other side of the street (at Yonge or at the laneway?) no parking there surely so I assume there are occupants - is it possible Chris is talking with them or looking at them? Tough to see. After the SUV passes is he not looking toward the black parked car?

2. I don't think he touched their car. So why would he hurry over to them? Because they called his name? If so how would they know his name?

3. Can't go back right now to check but before thought there is time missing even once we factor in the timer is wrong on this video - seems to be minutes not seconds between the Bay shot and the incident - unlikely you can see there is not a great deal of traffic. So were they circling stalking him?

4. Not trying to preclude the gaybashing angle at all it is maybe the most probable. But we should open up other ideas. I notice in his photos there are many of him hugging women it doesn't matter who they are. He seems to have a good party edge going on he seems like lots of fun. Could be be targeted for being male as in straight even if he wasn't? Hugging somebody's girlfriend enthusiastically etc. Also going back to the event he came from - could anyone want him hurt there? Jealousy relationship? Something we don't now about?

5. I would suggest 1. either they know him or 2. they heard his name some other way. I would suggest he is being stalked and it is not a chance incident.

6. (Very dangerous place for a gaybashing incident from point of view of perps - LE could EASILY have had their license plates with a bit of luck. As Dotr suggested would have to be ........real rage). But my first idea is that he is stalked.

Just bumping this for now from Crimesolvers post 11:

●At about 8 p.m. on Friday, November 7th, 1975, 16-year-old Mariam Peters was stabbed 16 times at St. Patrick subway station in downtown Toronto. She died of her injuries in hospital the following Tuesday. Peters had left her home on Bruce Farm Dr. in North York and taken the subway downtown to visit her sickly grandfather at Mount Sinai hospital.
The suspect was described as a Caucasian man, mid-20s to mid-30s in age, 5’8” – 5’10”, medium build, chalk-white skin, clean-shaven, dark hair and eyes, and soft-spoken

Scholarship in her name: http://www.mariameducates.com/about.html

1. 16 and stabbed 16 times a coincidence? Or knew her?

2. Chalk white skin suggest someone recently incarcerated in mental hospital or prison possibly (?) Day passes Clarke Inst. or other hospital?

3. I have read both St. Patrick's and St. Andrews stations elsewhere.

4. Soft-spoken (!!!) who heard him say what? Different heights suggests different witnesses.

http://www.multiculturalcanada.ca/node/573966

Very moving article from Canadian Jewish News cf. "Shaken by Senseless Murder of Daughter Mariam". Attacked in escalator on route to hospital to visit grandpa. Volunteered working with mentally challenged young people interesting fact her clothes donated. Parents Holocaust survivors.

In this issue same paper ad honouring her memory Mariam Deborah Peters How Can you Forget this Name?

http://www.multiculturalcanada.ca/node/364989

Hope this isn't too maudlin birth announcement 1959 interesting they lived at that time near Downsview Park and Airport.

All right super long shot but am thinking of C. Prince homicide and something about that name, someone obsessed with say a mother or sister with that name. But mostly likely thing seems someone just horribly disturbed - and lucky - 16 times I would think they would be covered with blood? How did they get away at 8:00 p.m. I wonder? Seems strange. Unless she was left lying there for a while before discovered?

And still to keep in mind: 16 wounds/16 years old (therefore her knew her?)

Sorry for multiple posts gradually thinking: ok 1973 Donna Stearne Wendy Tedford last seen at Downsview mall at Keelegate bodies found in lot somewhat south - next street over from Keelegate Cuffley Crescent where Mariam Peters born wonder how long they lived there? Also nearby Tilbury street - there was strange earlier homicide of two girls in Tilbury ON another execution.

Yes just trying to link up the world I admit.

Different method of homicide of course but what Stearne/Tedford and Mariam P. case have in common same age- senseless - violent - bizarre features - never caught. Two year apart.

By Downsview military base. When was Rameses Shrine built on Keele? Need to find out how long Mariam P. lived around there may be next time I hit library. Yes I doubt they are related to but just to query.

Answering my last post: they lived on the street near Keelegate for just a few years after Mariam born then moved north a bit near Bathurst north of where Earl Bales now is - much further north when she was murdered. Did she still hang out in her old hood or did her parents still shop in the little mall?

Don't know.

Can anyone draw out anything from this video have watched and rewatched many times. Just to (hopefully) start things off:

1. the parked black car other side of the street (at Yonge or at the laneway?) no parking there surely so I assume there are occupants - is it possible Chris is talking with them or looking at them? Tough to see. After the SUV passes is he not looking toward the black parked car?

2. I don't think he touched their car. So why would he hurry over to them? Because they called his name? If so how would they know his name?

3. Can't go back right now to check but before thought there is time missing even once we factor in the timer is wrong on this video - seems to be minutes not seconds between the Bay shot and the incident - unlikely you can see there is not a great deal of traffic. So were they circling stalking him?

4. Not trying to preclude the gaybashing angle at all it is maybe the most probable. But we should open up other ideas. I notice in his photos there are many of him hugging women it doesn't matter who they are. He seems to have a good party edge going on he seems like lots of fun. Could be be targeted for being male as in straight even if he wasn't? Hugging somebody's girlfriend enthusiastically etc. Also going back to the event he came from - could anyone want him hurt there? Jealousy relationship? Something we don't now about?

5. I would suggest 1. either they know him or 2. they heard his name some other way. I would suggest he is being stalked and it is not a chance incident.

6. (Very dangerous place for a gaybashing incident from point of view of perps - LE could EASILY have had their license plates with a bit of luck. As Dotr suggested would have to be ........real rage). But my first idea is that he is stalked.

I understand the frustration of the gay community, but I am not sold on this being a gay-bashing, either.

Watching the video, he attempts to cross the street, right? The SUV drives by, and....he walks along the street in the direction of the vehicle. Is this correct or am I seeing things?

It looks to me like he was lured over in that direction. The reason, though, is another matter.

Are there cameras that actually captured the assault? That isn't clear.

Who made the 911 call?

Had he himself (Skinner) had a few drinks that night? He may have had cloudy judgement and walked over to them, misinterpreting
angry gestures or catcalls as either friendly or benign in some way. I don't think they would have necessarily had to know his name. Maybe "a" name that he thought was his. They may have mixed him up with someone they had an altercation with earlier in the evening.

I agree that this may have originated wherever he was socializing. He may have upset someone at the function he was attending. I think it was his sister's birthday, so I doubt there would have been too many people he didn't know well, but you never know.

However, the fact that the men in the vehicle seemed to have come from a club (loosely based on dress, etc.), the possible mix of booze, drugs, testosterone and antisocial personalities may have led to violence against a stranger for no discernable reason.

I am still inclined to believe that these guys, being jacked up on whatever, were possibly trying to "impress" female dates in the back of the vehicle. JMHO.

The "impressing" girls in car rings true.
Chris S. was a nice looking man, I can imagine a couple of pumped up jerks getting crazy with jealousy if a girlfriend complimented the victim.
The same kind of perp. might have been getting rough with a girl in or on the way to car and CS tried to intervene.
Did CS ever counsel a female (or male) friend/co worker to leave an abusive relationship?

Sometimes all it takes is a glace at these idiots to set them off.

I have seen it with my own eyes.

This case reminds me of Ellis/Martin.

I don't think the cases are related, but what I mean is the wanton violence against defenceless individuals for no apparent reason. No connection between criminal and victim, and an act so out of proportion to whatever trivial matter caused it.

This makes such cases so "mysterious" and difficult to solve.

Just my :twocents:

http://torontoist.com/2012/10/three-years-later-skinner-murder-still-unsolved/

In this article, his sister Taryn speculates that maybe the killers were in the same bar with them, and possibly jealous of the fact that Chris was "hanging out with all these 23 year old girls".

I find that many people lack an awareness of their surroundings. A quick visual sweep of a crowded room, particularly a relatively high-risk environment like a bar can lead to cues that one should be careful.

Of course, this is not to say that Chris and his companions were not observant or cautious, but things can be glossed over or missed. Was someone even staring or scowling at the group and it was not noticed? A verbal exchange that was dismissed as nothing?

It would be interesting to review video from that bar. While I am not discounting a random attack that originated on the street, it is possible that something happened in the bar.

Even a shoulder bump in the washroom that he may have disregarded and mentioned to no one may have been significant.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/10/19/to-rapper-charged-in-4-murders

I wonder if police looked at this guy in the Ellis/Martin investigation.

Apparently very violent, shooting left and right at anything, according to charges against him.

He was arrested after a shooting at a Richmond Street nightclub, so he did frequent that area of the city, to some degree.

The Toronto Sun article also suggests that he may be tied to other unsolved murders.

Yes Darkblue he is an obvious suspect and nobody here has mentioned!!

Yiga murder just adding there is a supposed sighting of someone from outside the building seeing a guy run out very very angry fits with the info about an argument being overheard. Always lots of murders of young athletes and rappers/musicians any chance jealousy plays a role in some of these senseless crimes?

Two I vaguely remember as far as I know unsolved: 1. someone is stabbed from behind or had their throat cut by someone on the TTC unprovoked about 15 years ago at least. 2. guy walking on laneway by Remy's between Cumberland and Yorkville killed.

I think he used more than one handgun, so trying to figure out what he used to kill whom may be difficult. Some weapons may have been used once and then sold or disposed of.

He may also have not been linked to Ellis/Martin because his M.O. seems to have been the killing of black men from rough neighbourhoods in Toronto, and started 2 to 3 years after E/M.

Ellis and Martin would have been out of pattern, however he may be somewhat of a "disorganized" killer, and he also would have realized that he struck a nerve, as both victims were young white men from well-to-do families, attracting lots of negative attention.

If you look at a list of the charges against him, he seemed like something out of the Wild West, opening fire almost indiscriminately at anything, shooting on quiet side streets, in empty schoolyards, etc.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...garfield-moores-alleged-crimes/article639768/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back