CANADA Canada - Toronto Crimes Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could they have been killed for something as simple as being overheard cheering for the ' wrong " sports team, or something offensive shouted out during the game ?
[video=youtube;33vkdv7nRwg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33vkdv7nRwg[/video]

It could be something as silly as that, dotr.

Yet, what really makes you think is the following. If O.M.'s girlfriend is accurate and Dylan Ellis said a quick, casual sounding greeting to his killer, what was he seeing, and who was he looking at?

I imagine someone he was not familiar with; someone with a blank or neutral expression on his face. Almost certainly not someone suddenly angered by being almost run over, disrespected, etc. JMHO.

It could be something as silly as that, dotr.

Yet, what really makes you think is the following. If O.M.'s girlfriend is accurate and Dylan Ellis said a quick, casual sounding greeting to his killer, what was he seeing, and who was he looking at?

I imagine someone he was not familiar with; someone with a blank or neutral expression on his face. Almost certainly not someone suddenly angered by being almost run over, disrespected, etc. JMHO.

True, if someone looked blank almost, it would seem like a targeted ( and planned ) hit, but if the gunman's face was angry, one would expect him to be a" ticked off by something", complete stranger, imo.
A casual sounding greeting, might be one used to acknowledge a little known neighbour or classmate, imo.

One or both of them could have gotten into a long-forgotten dispute with someone in the area weeks or months before, and that person thought it necessary to take revenge.

It was a close friend's condo, so it stands to reason that it was likely not their first time in that community.

DB what do you think about the ancient still active charge against one of the victims relatives former partner? NOTHING on this from LE. IT is ancient On the other hand not too many people I know have something that sophisticated in their background criminally...

I think we need to be a little vague but I think it is worth a (vague) comment.....

c

Good point, Chorley8.

I can't figure out, though, how it would translate to the said victim being gunned down on a Toronto street decades later. DB

Another thing I can't figure out is why surveillance cameras in the surrounding area provided nothing of value.

There was also talk of an individual on a bike, seen in the area of the shooting. I wonder why more effort wasn't put into investigating or trying to identify this individual.

It would appear that whoever was responsible fled on foot, at least partly, since no squealing tires or anything else was heard, apparently.

Another thing I can't figure out is why surveillance cameras in the surrounding area provided nothing of value.

There was also talk of an individual on a bike, seen in the area of the shooting. I wonder why more effort wasn't put into investigating or trying to identify this individual.

It would appear that whoever was responsible fled on foot, at least partly, since no squealing tires or anything else was heard, apparently.

Almost makes you wonder if the shooter, lived very near by and could see the guys returning to the apt.- maybe people were afraid of him, or he has family or friends in the area?
Wonder if the 3rd friend still lived in the same place when he died?
imo.

I believe that the third friend had moved by that time, dotr.

COLD_CASE_COLLAGE_NUMBERED3___Gallery.jpg

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/5533935-unsolved-mysteries-the-cold-cases-of-york-region/

" Mar 31, 2015
UNSOLVED MYSTERIES: The cold cases of York Region"

" The Yvonne Leroux case is just one of a number of cases in York that remain unsolved, some more recent, some going back decades.

Here’s a look at 27 other cases from before the year 2000 that involve homicides and mysterious disappearances. The information is from the York Regional Police website, which also has more recent cases that remain unsolved. You can read more at the York Regional police website."

These are sad, and really creepy cases, IMHO. They rival those of big city Toronto. Many of them, which I have read about elsewhere, seem to have absolutely no leads, and are open ended mysteries.

I remember there was also a post-2000 case of a massacre in a brothel or massage parlour in York Region that is still unsolved, too. Many of these appear to be sex crimes, but some of them seem like planned hits, or assassinations.

These are sad, and really creepy cases, IMHO. They rival those of big city Toronto. Many of them, which I have read about elsewhere, seem to have absolutely no leads, and are open ended mysteries.

I remember there was also a post-2000 case of a massacre in a brothel or massage parlour in York Region that is still unsolved, too. Many of these appear to be sex crimes, but some of them seem like planned hits, or assassinations.

Wonder who the retired LE thought was the killer in the massage parlour murders?
Also, if the 100k reward is still valid?

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/2007/04/27/4134988-sun.html

MARK BONOKOSKI
Apr 27, 2007

" Three execution-style murders tend to create a buzz in the news business, and rarely do they die a quick death.

But these murders did.

A few weeks ago, York regional police sent out a press release indicating that its police services board was doubling -- to $100,000 -- the reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the persons responsible for the shooting deaths of two women and one man three years ago at a licensed body rub parlour in Markham.

Even that got minor play.

A day later, police officers blitzed the Kennedy Rd. and Steeles Ave. area surrounding the bustling Pacific Mall, distributing colour posters in English and Chinese -- to residents, businesses and to passersby -- in hopes of triggering a memory, or loosening the tongue of anyone who knew anything about the deaths of Zhu Xia Lin, 41, or Yan Jun Liu, 35, or Walter Xian Chen Zhang, 40.

Or of the distinctly unique-looking man in the composite sketch who is wanted for questioning, not necessarily as a "suspect" but definitely as a "person of interest."

snip>

" The best lead so far is apparently a witness who told police of an angry confrontation between Lin and a heavyset man shown in the composite sketch that took place inside the Mirage not long before the murders.

"He was not a customer of the spa, he was there to conduct business with Lin," Martin has said.

According to retired Toronto detective-sergeant Jim Kelly, it was also the same man he encountered on numerous occasions while working an undercover consulting contract on behalf of the Woodbine Champions off-track betting corporation, and who attracted his attention as an outsider involved in an illegal betting operation.

"He doesn't exactly have the kind of face you'd easily forget," said Kelly"

Also, why the composite wasn't widely circulated, and why this solid tip was ignored.

Two quick comments on dotr's crime montage.

Yvonne Leroux looks strikingly like Debbie Silverman, who was abducted from the northwest end of Toronto in 1978, and was found in Durham Region, IMHO. It could of course just be a coincidence. Silverman was taken from her apartment building and driven to a remote area, just like Leroux.

I find all of the cases terrible, especially the ones that look like motiveless hits. The Masuko case is particularly troubling because it seems that there is absolutely no motive at all.

From dotr's post #610 above

#25. Tammy Lamondin
Date: Saturday, May 29, 1999

In the evening of Friday, May 28, 1999, Tammy Lamondin, 20, was with friends on Main Street in Newmarket and stayed in their company until sometime after midnight on May 29. She was last reported seen in the Newmarket area near Fairy Lake. She has had no contact with family, friends or her employer since that time. Lamondin is described as a white female, 5’6”, 110 lbs, light complexion, wavy short brown hair, blue eyes and a tattoo of a dolphin above her right ankle. She was last seen wearing blue overalls, a yellow tank top and sandals.

Snipped from the article dated Jun 11, 1999 at the link below...
...Police were unable to finish questioning Pol Classen, the last person to see Tammy alive. He killed himself.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/tammy-gagnon-missing-1.190401

Suicide raises questions
June 18, 1999

Snipped...
...According to police, Pol Classen claimed to have dropped Tammy off her near Fairy Lake here in Newmarket at 2:00 am that morning. Police also have record of Classen using his bank card at 6:43am in Stoufville. What he did between those two times is part of the investigation.

Read more:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/suicide-raises-questions-1.168775

(FWIW, Stouffville (York Region) borders Durham Region.)

I wonder if some of these businessmen gunned down in their offices were surprised by burglars?

Two quick comments on dotr's crime montage.

Yvonne Leroux looks strikingly like Debbie Silverman, who was abducted from the northwest end of Toronto in 1978, and was found in Durham Region, IMHO. It could of course just be a coincidence. Silverman was taken from her apartment building and driven to a remote area, just like Leroux.

I find all of the cases terrible, especially the ones that look like motiveless hits. The Masuko case is particularly troubling because it seems that there is absolutely no motive at all.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/30/toronto-police-look-to-solve-1972-slaying
http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Microgalleries/unsolved_murders/?&pic=18

storage.canoe.com.jpg 1297566419450_ORIGINAL.jpg
Debbie Silverman Yvonne Leroux

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ld-s-serial-killer-capital-uwo-prof-1.3207957

London is not Toronto, or the GTA, so someone can re-post or start a new thread about this really interesting thesis or this former police officer turned criminologist.

Thanks, will add your link to this already started thread!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ople-in-London-Ontario-in-the-1960s-70s/page3

"CANADA - Unsolved murders of young people in London, Ontario in the 1960s-70s"

●Elementary school teacher Graham Pearce, 36, was stabbed in the throat in the master bathroom of his 25th-floor apartment at 35 High Park Ave. on Sunday, March 20th, 1983. By the time his roommate found him shortly before 1 p.m., Pearce had bled to death. Police believed the bachelor was murdered by someone he either brought home with him or admitted to the apartment early on Sunday morning. Police later learned Pearce had spent Saturday night at Stages, an upstairs gay bar at the Parkside Tavern on Yonge St. near Wellesley St., where he was last seen by a friend walking to his car at 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning.

●At 1 a.m. on Monday, December 7th, 1992, Balbir Singh Brar was shot dead in the driveway of his house on Foxacre Row in Brampton, just northwest of Toronto. His wife found his body at 8 a.m. Brar was a well-known activist in the Sikh community who had recently been embroiled in a war of words between different Sikh factions over control of temples and property. Witnesses saw two males in their late teens or early twenties driving away from the scene. Both were of average height and build, and wore bomber jackets and some type of headgear.

●On January 22nd, 1980, 29-year-old Delmer Gilchrist was shot to death in an underground garage on Markham Rd. He had just picked up the day’s earnings from a pinball parlour owned by a friend when he was shot from behind. The crime remained unsolved as of one year later, when the last newspaper report ran.

●80-year-old Margaret McDonald died from the severe blows to the head and slashed throat she suffered at the hands of one or more intruders to her home on Lascelles Blvd (at Kilbarry Rd.) in the affluent Toronto neighbourhood Forest Hill on Friday, June 24th, 1994. McDonald was last heard from at 12:30 p.m. that day when she talked with a friend on the phone; her 26-year-old granddaughter found her body in her bedroom at 7 that evening. McDonald had also been sexually assaulted. The upscale house had been ransacked from top to bottom. The killer had gained entry by forcing open a rear sliding door.
The most probable suspect was a suspicious man seen in the area. He was described as white, early or mid-20s, 5’10”, medium build, black hair in a ponytail, wearing black leather pants and leather boots with large heels. DNA found at the scene could still lead to the killer, as could an expensive, distinctive ring the culprit stole from McDonald’s jewelry collection

rbbm.
Wonder if any headway has been made in this troubling case?
Would someone dressed in leather pants and high heels still dress that way and if so, would he be recognized if he walked down Yonge street today, or ignored because he appeared to be unstable?...
Could the stolen ring be sitting in a pawn shop somewhere?

imo, speculation.

Interactive map of Toronto crimes, Ms. McDonald is listed here, click on the right for 1994 map.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/torontohomicidemap.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back