Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Suspected wife killer on the run

By ROB LAMBERTI, QMI Agency
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/03/11/17586056.html

TORONTO - Almost five years later and suspected killer Henry Morales is still on the run.

The man vanished after allegedly strangling his wife Malena on July 13, 2006, in their Brampton apartment.

Before the body of the 31-year-old mother of two children was found, Morales escaped to Mexico.

By the time Peel Regional Police confirmed the identity of their suspect, he was gone.

The now 36-year-old El Salvadoran is wanted on a second-degree murder warrant and may have returned to his homeland, where he has family.

Homicide detectives recycled their plea Friday for information about the whereabouts of the suspect.

They have issued appeals in the past. Detectives turned to America's Most Wanted in 2009.

Malena Franco, born in Ecuador, met Morales while employed as a Canadian Tire maintenance worker

Suspected wife killer on the run

By ROB LAMBERTI, QMI Agency
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/03/11/17586056.html

TORONTO - Almost five years later and suspected killer Henry Morales is still on the run.

The man vanished after allegedly strangling his wife Malena on July 13, 2006, in their Brampton apartment.

Before the body of the 31-year-old mother of two children was found, Morales escaped to Mexico.

By the time Peel Regional Police confirmed the identity of their suspect, he was gone.

The now 36-year-old El Salvadoran is wanted on a second-degree murder warrant and may have returned to his homeland, where he has family.

Homicide detectives recycled their plea Friday for information about the whereabouts of the suspect.

They have issued appeals in the past. Detectives turned to America's Most Wanted in 2009.

Malena Franco, born in Ecuador, met Morales while employed as a Canadian Tire maintenance worker
Here's a pic:
Morales_LongHair_Enlrg.jpg

This documentary details the early music scene in downtown Toronto, including segments filmed in Yorkville clubs in the 60's.The reason I am posting it here (hope that is fine) is because of some crowd footage which may prove useful...
http://www.bravo.ca/events/yongestreet/

This article is an older item that may have been already posted, but it ties in with this time period in the doc.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/163304
The beloved guitar has never surfaced. "Everybody has said, at the outset, that his guitar was his most prized possession," said Quigley.

Hovey's decomposed remains were found on May 15, 1968, lying against a hedgerow near Schomberg. Investigators need to establish a specific date for his disappearance. The last known sighting was on Yorkville, in the late spring or early summer of '67.

"We're hoping that people who may have known Dickie Hovey, worked with him, knew where he lived, were friends with him, will contact us to assist in tracing the last activities of his life,'' said Quigley. "Where he worked, what he did, what happened to his property at the end."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wzO7g_GhCw

Toronto Police lie to me, after Lizzie Tomlinson inquiry

In 2001 the Toronto Police were investigating the childhood sexual abuse committed again me by David Norris. The Toronto police were aware that this started when we lived on River Street, Toronto. They were aware of the attempt on my life at Rattle Snake Point in 1972. They were aware that he tried to stab me in 1978. They knew that my brother went missing in 1984.

They were also aware that I said he killed a girl at lake Simcoe and buried her nearby. There is no way they did not know this. I remember during my interview with them there was a picture of Lake Simcoe on the wall in the interview room. I went up, pointed at it and said, "that's were she was killed." I also recall telling them in this interview that I believe this girl was strangled as no sound came up from the beach and he had no blood on him.

York Region police spent four years supposedly investigating the murder of Yvonne Leroux. They also said they were going to help me find the remains of the girl killed at Lake Simcoe. York Region police during this time went from stating that the weapon I gave them in Yvonne's case was consistent with her wounds and what I said was 'probable.' Four years later they apparently can't say one way or the other whether he killed Yvonne. I thought they were dragging the investigation as they had been negligent from the start in investigating this and now the suspect was dead. I started looking for similarities between the murder of Yvonne and other people. I thought that during the four years they had had it they should have been doing this. They did not. I did find similarities in the murder of Veronica Kaye.

The police publicly slandered me at this time. At the time of this public slander I had found the area that I believe this girl is buried. York Region police were offering to come out with me and a ground radar machine to scan the area.

Several months later I was reading about the case of 6 year old Lizzi Tomlinson murdered in 1980. I also read that the police thought it was connected to an attempt murder of a waitress the year before in 1979. She was stabbed multiple times.

The description of the suspect is a male with a beard. 5'7 to 5'10'' 160 to 185 lbs. Long brown hair and blue eyes. Well muscled and tanned. Someone who smoked players lights, someone who wore a silver watch, and was familiar with the area but not seen around the area before four days before Lizzi's abduction.

This is the exact description of David Norris. I grew up half a block from were Lizzi was abducted from. I had played in Stink's park.

After Lizzi's murder David did shave his beard. He had always had a beard before that. He also let his hair get grey. I do have pictures of this and sent them to Toronto.

Before anyone jumps on me saying that I say David did this, I am not. I was not there. I will say that it is inexcusable that given the circumstances that he was not at any time looked at in regards to her murder. That is inexcusable.

It is over this that I had the argument with York Region and accused them of negligence. It was then they stoped me from finishing digging for the remains of the girl from Lake Simcoe and they did lie in court and falsely arrest me.

I did bring David Norris name to the attention of the Toronto police. It is certainly worth looking into. They said they would call me back.

When they did call me back the first thing the cop said to me was that I did not tell them about the murder (meaning the girl from Lake Simcoe) This seemed to be the purpose of his call. They wanted to let me know that I had not told them that David had killed someone. This is not true. I certainly told them. There is no way they did not know.

So I wonder why they lied. Is it because they had all this information then and did nothing with it. Is it because they found a more probable suspect than the poor guy they charged. This man who sat in the court room wanting crayons and bubble gum and stating that the cops were lying. When they finally have someone who more fit's the profile they find that they had him and let him slip away,,, slip away when they told him to surrender or be arrested. They also knew his past history of suicide attempts. They should have just gone and get him.

Are the Toronto police starting to set it up as it's my fault they did not look at this then. Trying to defer the blame, make excuses. What did they find to make them want to look for excuses. I do believe they had a serial killer and they let him slip

Interesting tape; thanks for posting. I don't think it's a good idea to go around baiting or threatening police officers. You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I see they're giving you a bit of the royal runaround, but it's not a good idea to inflame the situation. You'll get even less help that way.

That being said, if David Norris killed Lizzie Tomlinson, the one possible way that can be determined is through DNA. I have no idea if an offender's DNA exists in the Tomlinson case. If it does, it can be compared through familial analysis to yours and either include or exclude your father. Another option is to exhume your father's body, which is of course more complicated.
Question: When did you live in Tomlinson's neighbourhood?

As to Yvonne Leroux, the 16-year-old was last seen leaving a conselling session at York-Finch Hospital at the intersection of Finch Ave. and Hwy 400 at 10 p.m. on November 29th, 1972. Her body was found the next morning on 16th Sideroad between Jane and Keele Sts in King Township, about 20 km away.
I have marked the spots on the map below as #s 1 and 2 respectively. The second image is a Google picture of 16th Sideroad as it stretches east of Jane St. I believe I remember reading that Leroux's body was found in or near the driveway of a private school.

Leroux2.jpg

Leroux.jpg

Just found a great article that I must have missed somehow...
http://www.mytowncrier.ca/still-waiting-for-cold-case-answers.html
Somebody out there knows who committed those two murders and that’s who we’re looking for,” Ryan says. “Twenty-five years have passed — they’ve gone on with their lives and they just don’t want to get involved.”

He’s hopeful someone who didn’t report a suspicion years ago, for whatever reason, will have a change of heart.

“What I like to say in cases like this is, I ask people to take their mind back 27 years ago to the water cooler or dinner table, to when those two murders happened,” he says. “In a conversation perhaps someone might have said, ‘I wouldn’t be surprised if person X had done it, or my creepy uncle, or so-and-so.’ That’s what we’re looking for: just a name.”

That was interesting and mysterious for a first post, although you signed up here since 2010! I tried to find a link for P.C.,but nothing that would explain his name being mentioned in this thread .Do tell more.

It's my oversight, dotr and Bumstich. I mentioned Crampton in post #60 of this thread, correcting the write-up of a case I mistakenly thought was unsolved: the murder of elderly Lily Dunsmore in 1972.
In my update I noted that Crampton had been charged along with another man. Crampton was acquitted.

Mon May. 09 2011 5:35:08 PM |Web staff, cp24.com
http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110509/110509_Skinner/20110509/?hub=CP24Home
Reward increased in connection with Adelaide Street murder

The family of Chris Skinner have marked what would have been his 29th birthday by upping the reward for information leading to an arrest in connection with his murder. Skinner was killed on Adelaide Street in 2009. (CTV)
A grieving father is hoping an extra $25,000 will help find the person or persons responsible for his son's death.

Chris Skinner was murdered in October 2009 while walking along Adelaide Street after a night out.

Mon May. 09 2011 5:35:08 PM |Web staff, cp24.com
http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110509/110509_Skinner/20110509/?hub=CP24Home
Reward increased in connection with Adelaide Street murder

The family of Chris Skinner have marked what would have been his 29th birthday by upping the reward for information leading to an arrest in connection with his murder. Skinner was killed on Adelaide Street in 2009. (CTV)
A grieving father is hoping an extra $25,000 will help find the person or persons responsible for his son's death.

Chris Skinner was murdered in October 2009 while walking along Adelaide Street after a night out.
At the time, I thought this outrageous murder would be quickly solved, firstly, because it happened in busy surroundings, secondly, because several people were involved, and thirdly, because an image, albeit a poor one, was captured of the suspects' vehicle.

http://www.thestar.com/videozone/714564--video-of-black-suv-in-skinner-case

http://wn.com/Appeal_For_Info-Murders_of_Dylan_Ellis_+_Oliver_Martin_1800222tips
http://www.thestar.com/article/586999
Just before midnight on June 13, 2008, a gunman opened fire on an SUV sitting in front of a Richmond St. W. condominium.

The shooter approached the vehicle on the driver's side and began to fire. Ellis and Martin, both 25, were killed in a matter of seconds. Martin's girlfriend, who was huddled for cover in the backseat, survived.

Police have not been able to find a motive for the slayings, and say tips have dried up.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/05/31/18216061.html
Karen Caughlin’s battered body was discovered near what is now Plowing Match Road. She had been dropped off earlier at a friend’s house in Sarnia but never went inside.

Her purse was found on Highway 21, five kilometres from where her body was discovered by a passing motorist.

Police reopened the cold case eight years ago, vowing to turn up new leads and blitzing the community with calls for new tips on the murder

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2010/03/15/13240991.html
Karen's battered body was found March 16, 1974, in a shallow ditch off what is now Plowing Match Road near Petrolia. She had been dropped off about nine hours earlier at a friend's house on Brock Street, a short walk from her own home.

That was the last time she was seen alive.

Her coat and shoes were located a short distance from her body in a pile of branches.

Her purse was found on Highway 21 about five kilometres from where her body was found by a passing motorist.

An autopsy confirmed internal hemorrhaging as the cause of death and she was covered with cuts and bruises. The autopsy revealed she died of injuries consistent with being run over by a motor vehicle.

Purple paint chips found on Caughlin's clothing were traced back to 1970 or 1971 high-performance Chrysler vehicles such as a Barracuda, Challenger, Charger, Dart, Demon, Duster and Superbee. The paint was also used on Chrysler's Belvedere, Coronet, Satellite and Valiant models.

In 2004, DNA evidence in the case was found to be that of a male suspect.

"They just need a name," said Caughlin. "That's it."

sorry for so many posts in a row, but it seems that the family has a suspect in mind..R.B.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/May2011/24/c6445.html
PT. EDWARD, ON, May 24, 2011 /CNW/ - The Caughlin family will hold a press conference to discuss and seek public support for an external independent review of their sister's 37- year unsolved homicide under the jurisdiction of the Ontario Provincial Police.

Bob Sauve, father of homicide victim Kim Sauve (1983), will be in attendance. Convicted killer, Richard Boudreau, remains part of both families' unease.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back