Canada - Toronto LE search for woman, baby after blood and forceps found in park, 26 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Never occured to me it might be something like that. But it happens.

I know a couple (sort of know, friends of a friend) who did bury their placenta under a tree in California. I think it was in their own back yard though, and only a few days after the birth.

I know a couple (sort of know, friends of a friend) who did bury their placenta under a tree in California. I think it was in their own back yard though, and only a few days after the birth.
There are also companies that will dehydrate the placenta and makes capsules for the mother to take post delivery.

That is actually very interesting and you could be right that maybe that was her plan and maybe she couldnt go through with it.

I think I have heard of certain animals (maybe tigers) consuming it but I always thought it was done to clean up the baby but maybe there is some health benefit to it after all.

Thanks for sharing that article as I had never heard of this before. Learn something new every day. :)

Personally I will stick with going to GNC store for any supplements I may need. :)
The majority of mammals do eat the placenta, however, I'm not gonna be doing that. Theories differ on why it's done. Some say because it replenishes the body, some say because it removes the scent that would bring in predators. I've seen many different animals do it, but again, not something I wanna try.

Bizarre story. Maybe she should own her own land, and bury such things on it.

Planting the placenta with a tree is a fairly common practice among the First Nation moms in this area. It symbolizes the baby's connection to Mother Earth.

But I think that in the news story above, the placenta was simply discarded, and not "planted".

Planting Your Placenta

Consumption of human placenta products poses risk to moms, babies: Health Canada
November 27, 2018
"TORONTO -- Kim Kardashian has done it. So have moms Alicia Silverstone and Hilary Duff.

The practice of consuming one's placenta to achieve purported health benefits after giving birth is a headline-grabbing phenomenon -- and not just among celebrities.

Proponents allege that ingesting human placenta preparations helps to prevent postpartum depression, overcome anemia, increase energy levels and boost breast milk production.

But on Tuesday, Health Canada cautioned against doing so, saying there is no scientific evidence to support such medical claims and warning that it could lead to bacterial or viral infections in mothers or their babies.

The risk is higher if someone consumes placenta from another person."

"Selk said there is no scientifically proven means to prepare placenta -- whether by cooking, steaming, dehydrating or encapsulating -- that guarantees any bacteria or viruses present are destroyed.

"And some people actually eat it fresh," she said.

Health Canada cited a case reported by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control about an infant who was hospitalized for an infection from a bacteria found in the placenta pills his mother had been ingesting."

Definitely one of the more crazier stories in awhile.

At least she didnt cook it on her stove for desert. LOL
Sorry, couldnt resist trying an attempt at humor.

I just heard a report on the radio last month describing how Hilary Duff made her placenta into a smoothie and drank it.

It would be difficult to register a newborn if one was afraid of being in contact with any gov't organisation.

Subsection 3(2) of the Act states that Canadian citizenship by birth in Canada is *not* granted to a child born in Canada if neither parent is a Canadian citizen.
Canadian nationality law - Wikipedia

If they give birth in a Sanctuary City, they're alright.

Well, IMO she has completely missed the point about police resources, any possible health issues etc, etc.

She's a bit flip about it all and can't stop 'being pumped'. <sigh>

Perhaps she needs to see the cost of her folly.

She seems nice - a lot of self awareness and can express herself on her world quite well imo.

I take my metal items that I no longer want to the dump - where they belong - and would never dump a placenta on the ground (and call it a beautiful experience) in a park that is there for all to enjoy - where children and dogs play, people walk etc. But that's just me.

I don't care what women do with their placenta. Encapsulate, smoothie, bury IN THEIR BACKYARD is all fine with me.

I'm not understanding sending the placenta back to the earth yet littering by leaving the forceps there. The two seem like a complete contradiction.

I'm fairly certain they actually mean clamp, used to clamp the umbilical cord. That would make some sense to have with the placenta. The forceps would not.

I would also like to think that they would have been able to TELL that this was an old placenta that had been frozen? Bizarre.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twitchhiker
Back