CANADA Canada - Tracy Kundinger, 18, Toronto, 20 Aug 1975

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Re: Post #18

Read Post #5 or get someone to read and explain them to you, Woodland.

Tracy Kundinger Murder

Person of Interest: Raymond Wallace

January 13, 1978 - Toronto Star

2nd Thornhill woman accosted

A woman was accosted at knifepoint last night in an area that has seen one unsolved murder and numerous rapes and indecent assaults.

It was the second such incident in a week.

York Regional police said a 20-year-old woman was waiting for a bus on Don Mills Rd. just north of Steeles Ave. when she was approached by a man with a knife who told her to accompany him.

Police said the armed man led the woman to a townhouse construction site and as they were about to enter the woman began to struggle and escaped.

About a week ago, a 19-year-old woman was grabbed by a man who produced a knife. The assault occurred in almost exactly the same spot.

Tracy Kundinger, 18, of Thornhill, was found murdered in the same area August 21, 1975.

The Grade 13 student was strangled. Her body was found in a field near the German Mills public school. Her killer has never been found.

Police say there have been a number of other rapes and attacks on women in the same area of Thornhill and in Metro just south of Steeles Ave. over the past 18 months but there have been no arrests.

Here's post #5 - what happened? No charges against RW stated in this article nor is he name a POI in the TK case - only by you so far.

All of the names were known by the family, including one who the family suspects is responsible. All the names were published in the articles as stated. Two of the names were widely known suspects. Kloc's whereabouts at the time of Tracy's murder, are unknown as I stated, unless you wish to check court records, but he is believed to be a suspect by some who knew Tracy. Another wasn't even known by York Regional police because of jurisdictional issues at the time but is currently being investigated. Other friends of the family believe an entire other person that knew Tracy was involved and have been in contact with the police.

Just to repost this for Woodland. Read it slowly if you like. How about providing something or just please go away if you aren't going to.

All of the names were known by the family, including one who the family suspects is responsible. All the names were published in the articles as stated. Two of the names were widely known suspects. Kloc's whereabouts at the time of Tracy's murder, are unknown as I stated, unless you wish to check court records, but he is believed to be a suspect by some who knew Tracy. Another wasn't even known by York Regional police because of jurisdictional issues at the time but is currently being investigated. Other friends of the family believe an entire other person that knew Tracy was involved and have been in contact with the police.

Just to repost this for Woodland. Read it slowly if you like. How about providing something instead of *****ing or just please go away if you aren't going to.

Do you have link for what the family knew?

Names published for other crimes have no bearing, nor can one make up the fact they are a POI in another case under TOS.

Two of the names were widely known for suspects of what?

My whereabouts are unknown to LE at that time as well.

The method of creating smoke to cover another issue or one's tracks currently has a 35% approval rating in the US - this can be fact checked.

I'll check back in a month and see if Woodland has provided anything of use. I'll bet there's not a thing. Adios

Interesting info. dotr, good to see you again.:)
I think (it has been so long) I wrote a capsule of this case in the Toronto Murders thread. I wonder if there is DNA in the Kundinger case. I'm sure police have already looked at Argo cheerleader Jenny Isford's killer, William Brett Henson. The MOs in the two crimes are strikingly similar: Girl is downtown late in the evening engaging in an athletic activity. Girl takes transit home to North Toronto. Girl is attacked, raped, strangled soon after disembarking bus.
It's also possible, but a stretch, that Sharmini Anandavel's killer also murdered Kundinger. There's a strong suspect in the Anadavel case, but there has not been enough evidence to charge him. I can't recall his name, but he has a facial deformity due to a disease.

Interesting info. dotr, good to see you again.:)
I think (it has been so long) I wrote a capsule of this case in the Toronto Murders thread. I wonder if there is DNA in the Kundinger case. I'm sure police have already looked at Argo cheerleader Jenny Isford's killer, William Brett Henson. The MOs in the two crimes are strikingly similar: Girl is downtown late in the evening engaging in an athletic activity. Girl takes transit home to North Toronto. Girl is attacked, raped, strangled soon after disembarking bus.
It's also possible, but a stretch, that Sharmini Anandavel's killer also murdered Kundinger. There's a strong suspect in the Anadavel case, but there has not been enough evidence to charge him. I can't recall his name, but he has a facial deformity due to a disease.

Really good to see you CrimeSolver, thanks for popping on thread!
The person with the f/d is this guy.
http://www.durhamregion.com/news-st...x-assault-on-child-in-courtice-denied-parole/
Jan 20, 2016
DURHAM -- Stanley Tippett, jailed as a dangerous offender after being found guilty of sexually assaulting a child in Courtice nearly eight years ago, remains a danger to the public, according to a recently-released Parole Board decision.

Mr. Tippett, now 39, failed to engage in sex offender treatment as he awaited the outcome of an appeal of his conviction and sentence and continued to maintain his innocence, the ruling says.
“You remain an untreated sex offender,” the decision reads
The board also reviewed Mr. Tippett’s previous convictions for criminal harassment of women, and the fact he was considered a person of interest in the disappearance and death of a 15-year-old Toronto girl, Sharmini Anandavel, in 1999.

Interesting that there is a connection with a " swimming pool job " in Sharmini's case.
http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2011/07/11/18402531.html
rbbm.
Jul 11, 2011
His first known brush with the law dates back to the mysterious disappearance and murder of Toronto teen Sharmini Anandavel in June 1999

Sharmini_Anandavel.jpg

Sharmini Anandavel
On that summer Saturday 12 years ago, the 15-year-old told her parents she was heading to a summer job arranged by Tippett.

She never returned.

Thanks for reminding me, dotr. Yes, I remember quite well when Tippett was arrested for sexually assaulting that girl behind a school in Courtice (I thought it was Lindsey). At the time, I thought he would finally confess to Sharmini's murder. I'm glad to hear he was designated a dangerous offender. Unfortunately, I doubt he will be behind bars for life, despite his indefinite sentence. Perhaps they could make a deal with him in exchange for a confession.

Also glad Tippet is behind bars for good, if not a long time. What year was he born though? 1977 if he was 39 in 2016?

Hi, I read this thread with great interest. About a year ago, Global News had 'cold cases' series on their evening news (Toronto, 6:00). The Christine Jessop case and the wrongly convicted Guy Paul Morin) Nicole Morin (no relation)....all gone cold.

Another one that I have never forgotten was the Morningstar case. When I was really young, I remember hearing about this and I just saw this on line. There was massive coverage of trying to find this guy even at bus stops here in Ottawa. Think the coverage was nation wide.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/sharin-morningstar-keenan-killing-dennis-howe-search-1.4056136

I also just read that that that killed that poor young "shoe shine boy" as he was known ("Toronto Shoe Shine Boy murder, his name: Emanuel Jaques).
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/betesh-killer-matchmaker-1.3980018

I look at these young children and just stare at them thinking of all the milestones they have missed as we have gone on in our years. It just makes me sad.

Just what I figured, months later and absolutely nothing useful from Woodland on here at all.

Attachments

• September 10, 1975 The Liberal composite sketch.jpg
    September 10, 1975 The Liberal composite sketch.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 19
ONTARIO COLD CASE: Tracy Kundringer was strangled just metres from her front door
For years after Tracy Kundinger was murdered, her sisters, Lee-Ann, Sharon and Jeannine, felt a persistent and lasting terror that the killer would come for them next.

The “bogeyman” invaded their dreams and haunted their minds, causing the hairs on the back of their necks to stand at attention every time the doorbell rang while at home alone.

“No one was ever caught," said Jeannine. "People always say ‘I never thought it would happen to me.' Well it happened to us and if it happened once, why wouldn’t it happen again?”

It’s an understandable concern, considering other important circumstances of the murder, one that left many wondering why would anyone want to kill this beautiful, peace-loving teenager who was adored by all who knew her?

Thanks for the fresh article!
So did they arrest the right man or not?
From link.. rbbm.
"The St. James Town facility, then named the Ottawa pool, where Tracy worked as a lifeguard, wasn’t the safest place for a teen in the best of times.
“The pool was surrounded by buildings,” Sharon said. “One guy tried to manhandle her into a bathroom cubicle, luckily another male saw and helped her. Tracy didn’t want my mom to worry, so she told me all these stories when I sat in her room.”
Sharon said there were also a couple of instances of men paying her unwanted attention and “coming onto” her around the pool, where she'd be sitting tanned and clad in a bathing suit."
"Then there was the mysterious disappearance of Tracy’s moped, the vehicle she used to drive from the bus stop to her home so that her parents wouldn’t worry. It was stolen from the Don Mills Road's Cliffwood Plaza only four days before she was murdered, meaning Tracy would now have to walk home after getting off the 25 North Don Mills bus at Steeles.
Tracy’s parents were not comfortable with this nor with her cutting through the field as a shortcut."
"Some 14 months following the murder a man was arrested.
John Ferguson, 34, from Toronto, was single, unemployed and on welfare.
In a number of newspaper articles at the time, he was described as a former mental patient pointing out that his behaviour following the murder was “bizarre.” The case fell apart before it reached trial due to some key evidence of the Crown's being disproved by his defence."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back