CANADA Canada - Tracy Kundinger, 18, Toronto, 20 Aug 1975

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, Ferguson was the wrong guy. Wallace, however is certainly a good suspect.
Tracy Kundinger Cold Case
"A few days later, police issued an appeal seeking a suspect. Described as a white male in his early to mid-20s, about 5’8″ to 5’11”, with a fair complexion and well-groomed light-brown hair combed over his forehead, he was the only other passenger with Kundinger on the bus on Wednesday night, and they got off at the same stop at about 10:50 p.m.

september-10-1975-the-liberal-composite-sketch.png

Charged with rape and attempted rape by Metropolitan Toronto Police is Raymond Wallace, 31, of Brookbanks Road in Don Mills.

march-29-1978-the-liberal-raymond-wallace.png

Last edited:
The twine was almost certainly from the scene of the crime. Trees were being planted in the part and the piles of dirt where Tracy was found appear to be from the holes being dug for the trees. The twine being used to strangle her, leads me to believe it was someone not prepared and things got out of hand and was also the reason there was no assault or robbery.

Someone prepared who had done this before would have used a knife to control the situation. I think Wallace learned his lesson that day, and found a knife would be far easier to conceal and to control things.

Thanks for the intriguing fresh article!
from link..
"A second theory comes from Richmond Hill-based private investigator Jay Nicholl, who continues to work the case on his own accord, feeding his affinity for local unsolved murders.

His work has focused mainly on the almost 40 sex assault cases in the Thornhill area in the years before and following Tracy’s murder.

In all, an interactive map shows there have been 38 sex assaults in a macro view of the area and nine in the general vicinity between 1972 and 1979.

“I started going through old newspapers and I was blown away with how many sex assaults occurred in that area in the 70s,” he told yorkregion.com. “I think the intention with Tracy was sexual assault, someone grabbed her with that intention.”

However, according to Nicholl’s theory, the intended sex assault didn’t go to plan.

“From what anyone has ever told me, she would have fought back,” he added. “She was fairly strong and athletic, I think she fought, got the upper hand and that’s when she was hit, as he tried to control her. She kept fighting and that’s when he grabbed the twine.”

Nicholl believes the twine was picked up from the immediate area, where trees had been recently planted and wrapped in twine.

“I think he was trying to control her and he accidentally strangled her,” he said. “I don’t think his intention was to kill, if he was intending to kill, he would have brought a knife.”

"Some of the individuals he has looked into include three men whose names will be abbreviated so as not to republish their full names or mistakenly link them with the murder."

Thanks for the intriguing fresh article!
from link..
"A second theory comes from Richmond Hill-based private investigator Jay Nicholl, who continues to work the case on his own accord, feeding his affinity for local unsolved murders.

His work has focused mainly on the almost 40 sex assault cases in the Thornhill area in the years before and following Tracy’s murder.

In all, an interactive map shows there have been 38 sex assaults in a macro view of the area and nine in the general vicinity between 1972 and 1979.

“I started going through old newspapers and I was blown away with how many sex assaults occurred in that area in the 70s,” he told yorkregion.com. “I think the intention with Tracy was sexual assault, someone grabbed her with that intention.”

However, according to Nicholl’s theory, the intended sex assault didn’t go to plan.

“From what anyone has ever told me, she would have fought back,” he added. “She was fairly strong and athletic, I think she fought, got the upper hand and that’s when she was hit, as he tried to control her. She kept fighting and that’s when he grabbed the twine.”

Nicholl believes the twine was picked up from the immediate area, where trees had been recently planted and wrapped in twine.

“I think he was trying to control her and he accidentally strangled her,” he said. “I don’t think his intention was to kill, if he was intending to kill, he would have brought a knife.”

"Some of the individuals he has looked into include three men whose names will be abbreviated so as not to republish their full names or mistakenly link them with the murder."

Well it could have been a worse look in that interview for me anyways.

ONTARIO COLD CASE: Spotlight shines on Tracy Kundinger's ex-boyfriend

What could the motive behind the late-night strangulation of a beautiful young female be, when you remove sexual assault from the equation?

It begs the question: was it an act of revenge rather than gratification?

While there might have been four suspects identified during the Tracy Kundinger murder investigation, more than four decades later, one in particular continues to intrigue many close to the case.

Tracy's ex-boyfriend, Jamie Fenwick, died in 2001 but questions continue to swirl surrounding his behaviour in the lead up to Kundinger’s gruesome killing in Thornhill on Aug. 20, 1975.

What could the motive behind the late-night strangulation of a beautiful young female be, when you remove sexual assault from the equation?

It begs the question: was it an act of revenge rather than gratification?

While there might have been four suspects identified during the Tracy Kundinger murder investigation, more than four decades later, one in particular continues to intrigue many close to the case.

Tracy's ex-boyfriend, Jamie Fenwick, died in 2001 but questions continue to swirl surrounding his behaviour in the lead up to Kundinger’s gruesome killing in Thornhill on Aug. 20, 1975.
Thanks, that was quite the article!

06272019b 2_Super_Portrait.jpg

Tracy Kundinger's final moments remain a mystery. - George S. Henry yearbook
Aug 08, 2019 by Jeremy Grimaldi rbbm.
"Story Behind the Story
After working with private investigator Jay Nicholl on other cases he contacted us asking for a deep dive into the cold case of Tracy Kundinger. It didn't take much to see there was plenty more to this story that had never been told. The result is a series of investigative stories into her murder"

07172019b 5_Super_Portrait.jpg

Jamie Fenwick is Tracy Kundinger's ex-boyfriend who was cleared by police after supplying an alibi that he'd been working with his father. - George S. Henry yearbook

"Harbottle said although always on-again-off-again, she remembers when Tracy finally ended the relationship.
That night, Tracy's locker was defaced with the words “Die ” in spray paint."
"The locker incident happened in the spring of 1975, Harbottle says, months before Tracy was murdered, that summer".

"Lisa Kumrow (not her real name), a 61-year-old teacher from Northern Ontario, came across Tracy's story while searching for answers regarding her own experience on a local late-night bus in 1975.
After exiting the bus after midnight at Bayview and Finch avenues, about seven kilometres from Tracy's home, Kumrow said a man ran up beside her and walked with his shoulder pressed against hers for more than a minute.

As Kumrow approached her street, silently panicking in her own mind, she turned to the man and said, “What do you want?”

“The guy turns and just looks at me ... I see his hair and face and he smirks and laughs,” she said. “As I am looking back over my left shoulder, he runs like a jogger, he was super easy on his feet, light footed.”

After going to the police with the information in 2014, Kumrow said investigators advised her of the descriptions and names of three suspects, one of which was Jamie.

“The one that sounded the most likely (from my standpoint) was Jamie,” she said.

Because police didn't have a photo, Kumrow decided to attend local high schools to locate a picture of Jamie in old yearbooks, before finally finding one.

“When I saw his picture, I said, 'Oh my god', it was like a lightning bolt,” she said. “To my recollection, there were several markers that it was him. He reminded me of Mick Jagger, he had a 'smirky cocky' look and a defined jawline and the chin had a little dimple in it and shoulder length brown hair.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back