Canada/US Border - David Connors & Eileen Connor, detained, illegal entry into U.S., 2 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

10ofRods

Verified Anthropologist
Reaction score
Jailed British tourists entered US 'deliberately'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immi...84cc68-ef7f-11e9-b648-76bcf86eb67e_story.html

Authorities now say the couple was detained/arrested for deliberately entering the US after being caught on surveillance video driving through the woods in their rental car. The couple was accompanied by their 3 month old baby and 2 other relatives. They were carrying $16,000 in cash. Both had applied for and been denied entry visas within the past year.

Canada has refused to readmit the couple.

Earlier reports included the family's statement that they swerved to avoid an animal and ended up in the US:

A British family vacationing in Canada unknowingly swerved onto a US road to dodge an animal. ICE has detained them and their 3-month-old baby for 12 days.

Apparently, the video shows no swerving, and in order to end up in the US, the couple had to drive through a ditch, through the woods, and then onto another road. This was happening between two busy border crossings between Vancouver and Washington.

There were apparently 7 family members in the vehicle, including 2 year old twins and 2 other adults. The family is facing deportation and was moved to a family detention center, where they remain together in Pennsylvania.

Apparently, the road they used was "Avenue O,"<modsnip: social media comments and reddit not allowed>

Interestingly, several media outlets have chosen to use photos of Montana, making it look as if the couple were driving in a remote and perhaps unmarked area of near wilderness, instead of the more populated corridor between Avenue O and Avenue H. Avenue O is essentially a road that runs along the Canadian side of the border, Avenue H runs along the US side, the two are parallel to each other, but separated by a ditch and some open space.

Also, the family apparently did not contact the British Embassy, using their limited phone calls instead to contact an activist immigration attorney.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. I thought this was terrible until I read more... seems they were chancing it, but why?

I was curious from the article I read (BBC website?) that said they were driving around Vancouver and swerved to avoid an animal and ended up over the border in the US. I thought there was a much bigger gap between Vancouver and the border? And why would anyone be driving along a road so close to the border that something like that could happen?

I was curious from the article I read (BBC website?) that said they were driving around Vancouver and swerved to avoid an animal and ended up over the border in the US. I thought there was a much bigger gap between Vancouver and the border? And why would anyone be driving along a road so close to the border that something like that could happen?
Yes, Vancouver is not right by the border, more like at least a half hour drive from it. They might have been just calling the whole area Vancouver, as there are outlying suburbs.

Being from Vancouver, the border does have a road along it but there isn't all that much sightseeing to be done there!

That’s not in Vancouver it’s got to be in the Surrey/Langley/Aldergrove area. 60-90 min from actual Vancouver(more in bad traffic) no sightseeing around there and 3 border crossings. I have lived in the area on both sides of the border for 20+ years and it’s hard are to accidentally end up across that road- there is a big ditch! You would have to be very lucky not mess your car up or be stuck in a ditch! Or picked your spot to very carefully. Also would seem odd if it was an accident not to go back across to the road you were just on! It’s also heavily travelled and patrolled and has sensors along it! My google and Apple maps also alert me that it’s an international border crossing... their story seems really suspect.

Last edited:
From OP’s article:

It said that agents attempted to return the family to Canada and the United Kingdom but that "Canada refused to allow their return and two attempts to contact the consulate for the United Kingdom were unsuccessful."

The US has been trying to get rid of ‘em and already denied their entry twice, but Canada said finders keepers and their own country won’t even answer the phone, lol. Nobody wants them.

Even if the Connorses "are released and they can put this behind them," Aldea said, "they want their story to be heard because they don't want other babies and children to go through what their children have gone through."

Ahhh so this is the reason for the multitude of duck lips photos of the mom out there, and there are a ton. Maybe a reality show, “Duck Lips Dynasty.”

But really, who here hasn’t swerved to miss a dog and ended up in Brazil?

upload_2019-10-17_2-6-34.jpeg

Last edited:
I see they are now back in the UK and I expect we will hear more ( and more ) of their story over the next few days - as someone said elsewhere, coming to a sofa near you very soon

I see they are now back in the UK and I expect we will hear more ( and more ) of their story over the next few days - as someone said elsewhere, coming to a sofa near you very soon

Attention mongers who are riding on the backs of their children to make good click bait headlines and get more Instagram followers.

They took her infant’s clothes and washed them! (Egads!) They made him lie down buck naked on a filthy concrete floor in freezing temperatures. When she cried he was cold they sneered ‘Put a hat on him.”

Well, she lied, actually they did give him clothes and blankets but she said they smelled like dead dogs. Why would they wash the baby’s clothes but in the meantime give her dead dog baby clothes for him to wear? :rolleyes:

British family claiming mistreatment deported from ICE detention in Pa.

Hmmm. I thought this was terrible until I read more... seems they were chancing it, but why?
BBM

Yes, one wonders why they risked so much to come here...some of us who live here feel like taking a long vacation in Canada at the moment. ;) But with $16,000 on them, I’m guessing they came to buy drugs to smuggle back home in baby diapers (nappies). Dumb and dumber.

Last edited:
BBM

Yes, one wonders why they risked so much to come here...some of us who live here feel like taking a long vacation in Canada at the moment. ;) But with $16,000 on them, I’m guessing they came to buy drugs to smuggle back home in baby diapers (nappies). Dumb and dumber.

[bbm]

she's been to the States more than 20 times ...
that would be normal if she lived in Canada
and where do new parents get an extra $16,000 to travel with and why carry cash?

BBM

I think they planned to use that money to start a new life. A lot of people think that they can just move to Canada because they feel like it.

I can remember our family taking a trip to the Canadian Niagara Falls many years ago. We were waved into Canada with no problem whatsoever. It was not the same trying to get back into the United States! My husband, who traveled to Canada on business quite a bit, instructed all of us to keep our mouths shut and that he would do the talking.

We all sat there like a bunch of dummies with our mouths zipped. The State Trooper kept looking into the SUV at all of us and asking my husband a bunch of questions. I am very expressive. So, I was smiling, kind of bugging my eyes, etc.

Finally, he let us in! We even had NY drivers' licenses because we lived in NY at the time. The kids all lived in Alabama. The back was packed full of luggage. The State Trooper said, "You mean to tell me that you needed all this luggage for one week in Canada." My husband looked at him and looked at me, and the kids and said, "Apparently, THEY all do." ;)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back