GUILTY Canada - Vicky Shachtay, 23, paraplegic, killed by bomb, Innisfail, AB, 25 Nov 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This " officer" should have at least been smart enough to know that one of the main things LE would investigate would be the money trail.

I'd like to know whether he built the device and delivered it, or hired someone to do both for him.

I read that police had searched the man's home for bomb making materials and that there are no other parties involved in the murder. They don't know how he learned about making bombs, but they believe he acted alone.

$10,000 bail for sending a bomb through the mail and killing a mother because you stole all her money?

I agree with her brother, it is truly a travesty.

I am so glad that this man has been found, but I don't think 10 grand is nearly enough for the bail of such a person.

I too agree with her brother, this is a travesty and (IMO) an injustice.

I am so glad that this man has been found, but I don't think 10 grand is nearly enough for the bail of such a person.

I too agree with her brother, this is a travesty and (IMO) an injustice.

I totally agree. Just Incredible.

I have to wonder if the fact he was previously in some form of LE had anything at all to do with such a small bail. That small bail was nowhere near enough. 1 million is much more like it.

Let us keep this alive as no news in 2013 for the trial and a lousy $10k bail for 1st degree murder and embezzlement, wonder if Malley and his wife have run off with some skimmed money?

Justice has not been served. No need to let this perp walk free.

Thanks for bumping this dmander. This is an incredible story. Is there a trial set?

I hope they look into a connection with the murder of wayne grafiate i could be wrong about the spelling there but it was a flashlight bomb sent to him that blew up killing him and that would be with in miles of innisfail you never know i dont think a bomb is a normal homecide technique odd coincedence but its just a thought ..

I hope they look into a connection with the murder of wayne grafiate i could be wrong about the spelling there but it was a flashlight bomb sent to him that blew up killing him and that would be with in miles of innisfail you never know i dont think a bomb is a normal homecide technique odd coincedence but its just a thought ..

CanMan, I think you're thinking of the Wayne Greavette case, but that was in in Ontario. (There is an Ontario town called Innisfil .. not the same spelling as Innisfail, Alberta)

Bomb that killed paraplegic Innisfail mom Vicky Shachtay disguised to look like Christmas presents, Red Deer court told ...

But defence counsel Bob Aloneissi said those components were everyday items, and jurors shouldn't be looking for Shachtay's killer in their midst.

Instead, Aloneissi suggested, the deadly package may have come from someone wishing to send a message to Schachtay, or her family.

The lawyer based his assertion in part on the fact Shachtay's father heard about the package and advised her not to open it.

"His response (on hearing she'd received a package) was 'don't open it, call the police,' in his mind he thought it was a bomb," Aloneissi said.

The lawyer called the father's words a "very strange and accurate prophecy."

^^ strange indeed

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/stepfa...mas-gift-that-turned-out-to-be-bomb-1.2195275

Aloneissi suggested someone else who had "extreme hate" for Shachtay or her family sent the bomb.

He said some of her relatives had serious addiction issues and didn't have much money.

The real killer, he said, wanted to send a loud message: "Don't mess with us."

Question for Mr. Aloneissi ... who would this phantom "real killer" be that VS was messing with, and why would they kill someone they wanted money from? It is rather difficult for dead people to dole out money to addicts, no? :waitasec:

and

"If Mr. Malley decided to take pity on Victoria Shachtay, is that a reason to then kill her? Wouldn't he just stop paying?"

Um, no ... because if he spent all her money and didn't want to pay her out of his own pocket anymore, then an alive VS could have turned him in and he would have had other criminal charges against him.

ETA: And no, if Brian Malley took pity on VS in any way/shape/form, he wouldn't have spent all her money in the first place. When did pity enter the picture? (oh right ... at trial when the defence first suggested it :rolleyes:)

A retired cop allegedly blows up a disabled mother and there's pretty limited MSM coverage ... but here's an update from Didsbury, Alberta on the ongoing trial:

http://didsburyreview.ca/article/20150127/DID0801/301279929/-1/did0801/on-trial-for-murder

McCullum then tells Malley that his home and property are being searched and that police forensic units have recovered a great deal of evidence from the bomb scene.

“It left more evidence than you can imagine,” McCullum says.

He then asks Malley what his “biggest concern is sitting in this police station today?”

Malley replies, “Going home tonight. I don’t think I’m going home tonight.”

Crown has requested pub ban on bomb expert testimony .. smart idea !!

I've asked to have this thread moved over to the ongoing Trials thread.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinnew
Back