Canada -Woman, 50, found critically injured & assaulted, Whitby,Ont, 29 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
March 14 2021
New scholarship honours crime victim Kimberley Black | Toronto Sun
''Although her recovery is ongoing, Black returned from the brink determined not to let this act of senseless violence define her. In fact, she has worked hard to turn the experience into a way to help others build strength and personal resilience.

Black’s positive outlook affects everyone around her.

It prompted her husband — award-winning contemporary pop/jazz/world/fusion instrumental artist Rob Tardik — to write a song about her called B Positive, a little pun on how her blood type matches her personality.

And it inspired Dr. Janette Hughes to launch a virtual 5-kilometre run to fundraise for a graduate scholarship in Black’s name at Ontario Tech University.''

''Kimberley Black says she got good advice growing up: “I was told that time is going to pass anyway, so you might as well put it to good use. Don’t waste time. Every day has value. Do something useful every day. It’s not about whether it makes money — there are other ways to be valuable. Have a conversation with someone. Read something valuable to you.

“Just keep putting one foot in front of the other.”

April 9 2022
BRAUN: Survivor of Whitby attack helps others through public speaking | Toronto Sun

black-and-tardik-1-e1649465939975.jpg

“We’ve always been future-focused and goal oriented,” Black said. “We don’t talk about the case a lot. We’re busy moving forward in our lives.”
Added Tardik, “We haven’t forgotten about it. We live this every day. Every time I look at Kim, I feel for her and think about what we’ve had to endure. But as she said, we are future focused, goal oriented.''

ByMoya Dillon January 25, 2024
''WARNING: This story contains graphic content and may be upsetting to some readers.
A judge has ruled Anthony Doiron-Francis did not intend to kill the victim in a violent 2020 Whitby assault.
Justice Catriona Verner delivered her verdict in the trial of Doiron-Francis at the Oshawa courthouse on Jan. 19, following the conclusion of trial arguments in November. She found Doiron-Francis guilty of aggravated assault and aggravated sexual assault in the attack, which left a Whitby woman near death, but acquitted him of attempted murder.''

“I found it bizarre that Doiron-Francis insisted on referring to the interaction as a fight between a man and woman, rather than as an attack, even though on his version of events, all she was doing was defending herself.''

She found Doiron-Francis guilty of aggravated assault and aggravated sexual assault in the attack, which left a Whitby woman near death, but acquitted him of attempted murder.''

Wow, that's so unfair. He obviously left her there to die if he didn't already think she was dead. How in the world could they know he didn't intend to kill her? Just because the rapist said so? Disgusting.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back