CANADA Canada - Ying (Anita) Mui, 56, Markham Ontario, 9 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don’t think anyone mention gang involvement. I actually wouldn’t associate that term with these cases. I personally know all these areas very well, while it is rural, it really isn’t. At least not in the old sense..lol all these towns are hugely developed and merging into each other. For eg, East Gwillimbury is really a burb of Newmarket. Similar to Unionville is now Markham. Markham is massive and the 404 is a quick route for all towns.
But a large piece of property like the one they searched will have areas of concern a city gal might not be aware of such as uncovered wells, marshy pits etc. I hope LE took the wood cover (if one) noted on news video and looked down it. But the question remains did she go to property? Did she meet a friend where she left her car and they drove together to go somewhere? It was a Friday, maybe she went away for the week or vacation?

And how unusual that they don't know for sure if she went there... It must be empty otherwise at least the owners/occupants would know if she had been there. I don't know any female real estate agents who go to empty properties in rural areas by themselves.
Yes, house was empty. It was a rental at $3500 per month. Maybe she also property managed? Or it was being listed again.

Someone posted a map stating it was a large mall, but Bridletown is really just a strip plaza with stores, but it does have a library branch. Maybe that's where she was heading? Or simply the food store etc?? I don't recall LE stating it was found at a mall, just the names of two intersecting streets in general?? Maybe the poster assumed if car was being parked they would use the mall parking??

Someone posted a map stating it was a large mall, but Bridlewood is really just a strip plaza with stores, but it does have a library branch. Maybe that's where she was heading? Or simply the food store etc?? I don't recall LE stating it was found at a mall, just the names of two intersecting streets in general??
Thank you. That’s exactly what I recall LE telling the media, just the street names.

Apologies but I can’t find where it says her car was found in the parking lot of a mall. Do we have the name of this mall? Thanks in advance.
This is all I can find

THANKS u....
Snipped from your link...
...York Regional Police say this case is being treated as suspicious but is not connected to that of another Markham woman whose remains were found days after she went missing last month.

ETA also snipped & BBM re: car location...
...Her car, a white 2024 Mercedes-Benz, was found in a parking lot near Finch and Warden Avenues in Toronto on Friday afternoon.

Last edited:
I wonder how they know? So based on that common denominator gone, it leaves the connection of real estate/mortgages or an unknown factor. And what makes a missing person suspicious? Evidence at car, family stating out of character? If adult twin sons are busy in their lives, would it be out of the norm to have her go away with a friend for vacation? Or does office staff collaborate with family statement? Don't kids forget parents scheduling. Mine certainly did. Police haven't said if there was evidence found at her car. Nor how they found the car so quick?

A couple of thoughts: most people, but especially a real estate agent with a well-established reputation, wouldn't be separated from their phone except during a brief shower. Police don't need a search warrant to get the info about the last locations of her phone and when it turned off.

Where ever her car was found in TO, there will be CCTV of when it arrived and, likely, where the person in it went. I don't automatically assume it was she who left it there, to go (voluntarily) in someone else's car. IMO, either both people go in the realtor's car, or they meet up at the property. She had a brand new car, IMO she wouldn't go as a passenger.

JMO

But, is homicide LE still involved?
Probably. Guess they assign missing person case to routine patrol, but when case escalates, they turn it over to a specific branch. Maybe since it is so recent from last one, they like the rest of us assumed a possible connection. And it's summer, lots of staff holidays to fit in, short staff added on. And if they don't throw a ton of available resources to these cases, they are highly criticized. I think the investigation into Zhang murder was very quick even for the most dedicated. The accused must have given information. Maybe that's why they stated the cases aren't connected.

I wonder how they know? So based on that common denominator gone, it leaves the connection of real estate/mortgages or an unknown factor. And what makes a missing person suspicious? Evidence at car, family stating out of character? If adult twin sons are busy in their lives, would it be out of the norm to have her go away with a friend for vacation? Or does office staff collaborate with family statement? Don't kids forget parents scheduling. Mine certainly did. Police haven't said if there was evidence found at her car. Nor how they found the car so quick?
Global news (link above) interviewee said that she is a very high-profile person, involved in charities and entertainment, she likely had missed appointments and events, has not responded to hundreds of emails.

I expect her car was towed, you can't usually just leave a car parked in a mall overnight Friday. IMO, police routinely check with towing companies when they are looking for a license plate.

JMO

LE now saying they are not considering foul play, but it is deemed suspicious as it's out of character for her.
Car was found in the medical plaza parking lot across street from the "mall".
Property is still being guarded by LE probably to stop the lurkers, but investigators have left for day (obviously nothing found)
Hmmmm......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches
Back