Found Deceased Canada - Ying (Anita) Mui, 56, Markham Ontario, 9 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Motive- Money, Jealousy, realty deal gone bad, Bejing United Front networking?
Teen involvement: Car door handle pulling and found a car open, voila personal effect in car, and spending spree happened, hired by Hu to ditch car, hired by Hu to dispose of Anita, hired by Hu to keep her quiet with the gun in van while they took her to Vandorf to kill her, hired by Hu to rough her up and send a message, but they accidentally killed her. Big question.... did they sing on Hu? Or if she was abducted was this all caught on medical building video?
Manner of death: Probable GSW. But that man in photo looks beefy and strong enough to have used physical violence rather than gun. If gun was used on Vandorf property, it's strange neighbours didn't hear shot, or was a silencer used??
LE said plenty of evidence to charge with murder. I wonder if van revealed anything evidentiary?

Last edited:
I wonder if Hu speaks English. Were the teens only English speaking? This might narrow down who the teens are, nationality wise.

Haha! It's a long-standing, stereotype joke that is so old it has whiskers.

Q. What do you call someone who can speak only one language?
A. American.

Hong Kong

Police said Thursday that investigators are now set to make an application to Interpol for a red notice, a request for law enforcement worldwide to find and provisionally arrest a suspect.

Canada suspended its extradition agreement with Hong Kong in 2020 as part of its response to a package of laws imposed by China. Those national security laws gave police more power to clamp down on anti-government protests and other activities considered to be the work of hostile foreign powers.

It's ok, none of this is a joke, but we all need a little black humour to get through the day.
Speaking of languages, I bet LE has a huge resource of Chinese dialect speaking officers, but if they are all young, they may be at a disadvantage. Will need to bring in Nai Nai

Last edited:
First time poster here and I want to post something that I don't think anyone has mentioned, not even the media but it's interesting.

I was just curious what the local Chinese community has to say so I came across a couple of posts on YorkBBS, which is a pretty big local Chinese forum here in Toronto. I came across this post:

For folks who are fluent in Chinese, I am sure you can get more info out of this than me lol. Anyways....

The thread poster posted three screenshots what appears to be conversations with our suspect here. The latest update today is that Marko Hu worked in construction. The screenshot shows what appears to be customers of Marko and they were all positive. Btw, I had my mom translate some of them lol. One of them said that Marko was a great boss, treats his employees well, takes them out for meals and so nice that he helped a customer change the floor tiles because the customer wasn't satisfied with the colour and that cost about $20k.

With that said, how did a great contractor and a nice boss descend into an (alleged) killer?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canada-china-fugitives-1.6999861

A rather long article.. but it looks like getting Hu back to Canada will be a highly political and complicated matter.

Hong Kong is no different from China these days

MOO

I think as always, there is a huge difference depending on whether the crime is political-based, or not.

If Anita Mui was killed for her political views, it is one thing.

If she was killed because she, for example, recommended another contractor, a competitor of Marco Hu, to her clients, then is is everyday crime.

For everyday crime, there is a chance that Hong Kong might extradite him, because why not be nice if it is not a political fugitive? No country likes commonplace murderers.

Unless, of course, Marco Hu escaped with a lot of money and already bribed some local bureaucrat. Then, it might be hard or at least, lengthy.

Last edited:
Aug 29 '24
Wow, he was on their radar! I’m hit with a paywall but I read the headline. Don’t copy the entire thing but would someone please explain WHY police met with him. Thanks.

Aug 30 '24
Crime in Hong Kong
''Several countries – including the United States, Britain, Australia, Canada and Germany – suspended extradition agreements with Hong Kong in protest, drawing tit-for-tat retaliation from Beijing, which ordered the city to do the same.

Hong Kong’s security minister, Chris Tang Ping-keung, told the Post in a recent interview that the suspension had an impact on Hong Kong but stressed the city had not become a haven for criminals.

The security chief added he did not see a trend of criminals taking refuge in Hong Kong due to its lack of extradition deals with other countries, as the city could still hand them over via other means.''

Ok.... blew me away.... so I have to back track and analyze all this. The most important... is this another screw up by LE similar to The Landscaper Bruce McArthur??? They had the guy and let him go????????????

Political issues with China are going to be huge. Does anyone do a favour anymore for Canada? Doubtful we will ever see this man's face again.

Contractor in Markham? LE Asian Crime Unit can vouch for this, is that how they got him so quick?

Posts legitimacy on net? Could be, but very foolish, or was it intentional ? Could he be a legit contractor and does good business? Possible by day, but has a side gig in the underworld on off hours. Remember... must appear like a respectable business man. I don't think a contractor would be driving that Mercedes van, but rather a big ol truck covered in crap with dings and rust.
Does he like the finer things in life..... well... now he did drive two expensive vehicles (altho it is only a Cayenne). I find it hard to believe a contractor wouldn't know how to use an accelerant to start an effective fire.
He would have access to other vehicles to transport a body though. If he is a business man, then he must speak a certain amount of English, have an outside life and live some where? Family? Friends? Has LE investigated his business? Searched his house? Where did they first interview him?

I can believe that a realtor would know people in the contractor world, esp if she dealed in new house construction. Would she have worked or recommended other tradesmen to clients? Probably. Would this anger others in the business? This motive would vouch for the personal indignity to her body with the burning attempt.
So if these internet posts are accurate, then the "community" is talking. Is this how LE found him so quick, or has someone come forth with tips?
Did he leave country due to these leaks, or did LE scare him off?
Is this a murder at face value or a hired hit, and Marco is just the hit man or clean up guy?
How do the teens r/t to all of this? What do they know and what can they be held accountable for?
On the surface it all seems neat and tidy. A murder of integrity, so to say, but it might all just be a "washing" of the claims of the underworld political involvement of the victim.
p.s there are a gazillion Hu's in Markham area, including real estate agents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah
Back