Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, husband arrested for abuse, Oct 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://globalnews.ca/news/3962519/justin-trudeau-defends-joshua-boyle-meeting/ Jan 12, 2018

Trudeau defends Joshua Boyle photo-op, has ‘no memories’ of meeting Boyle in 2006

“In regards to 2006, I remember being with [retired Lt.-Gen.] Romeo Dallaire at an event in Ramsden Park in Toronto to highlight the plight of Darfur, and I have memories of being there with Romeo Dallaire. I have no memories of meeting anyone else there,” Trudeau said.

Cormac MacSweeney(Parliament Hill Bureau Chief) reported from the Ottawa Courthouse today and has tweeted that JB is facing NEW CHARGES. No other information has been provided by MacSweeney

https://twitter.com/cmaconthehill?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Cormac Mac Sweeney‏
Verified account
@cmaconthehill

"Joshua Boyle facing new charges and is being sent for a psychiatric assessment. His case being put off until March 26 and he will be sent to a mental health centre during that time #cdnpoli"

Wow a 60 day assessment that seems intense, I suspect he will be diagnosed with PTS and end up with a plea bargain.
My only hope is CC will have had enough time on her own to find the strength to get back to the US with her family and start a new life for her kids sake.

Greenspon says matters like a plea and a bail hearing will come after the assessment.

http://www.news1130.com/2018/01/26/boyle-additional-charges-psychiatric-assessment/

JB now faces 19 charges

https://twitter.com/kristynease/status/956929666639687680

Have some details now on the new charges laid against Joshua Boyle. There were 15 originally, now there are 19. #ottnews
Kristy Nease‏Verified account
@kristynease

- 2 counts of sexual assault with a weapon (ropes).
- 1 count uttering threat to cause death
- 9 counts assault
- 1 count assault with a weapon (a broomstick)
- 3 counts forcible confinement
- 1 count administering a noxious substance
- 1 count public mischief
- 1 count criminal harassment
#ottnews
------------------------------------------

This tweet about the charges differs a bit from Cormac MacSweeney. This reporter tweets 2 sexual assault with a weapon

https://twitter.com/cmaconthehill/status/956915290461188096
Cormac Mac Sweeney‏Verified account
@cmaconthehill

Boyle’s lawyer wouldn’t detail new charges but according to the court docket, the new charges Joshua Boyle is facing are 1 extra assault charge, 1 new charge of assault with a weapon,
1 new criminal harassment charge and 1 extra forcible confinement charge. #cdnpoli

JB now faces 19 charges

Have some details now on the new charges laid against Joshua Boyle. There were 15 originally, now there are 19. #ottnews
@kristynease

- 9 counts assault
#ottnews

This tweet about the charges differs a bit from Cormac MacSweeney. This reporter tweets 2 sexual assault with a weapon

Hmm, don't suppose it's possible he could be charged with crimes committed in his good old afghan days or are these def charges from since his return?

Hmm, don't suppose it's possible he could be charged with crimes committed in his good old afghan days or are these def charges from since his return?

I think the crimes would have had to occurred in Canada to be prosecuted here.

I feel so, so bad for the kids. I feel bad for CC too. Its just, adults have an understanding "This is wrong". Kids are so innocent and lack that.... I feel so so bad for them. Can't stop imagining what went on in Afghanistan. Totally unfounded, but I picture him pretending he's a captor and assaulting her and the kids there too. Could really mess someone's mental state up. I hope she gets far away from him.

Anyone know if she was in the courtroom?

I agree.
I support her father and what he said about it being unconscionable for JB to take his pregnant wife to a dangerous place IMO JB planned on going to Afghanistan all along.
And I hope Mr Coleman questioned JB in person, privately, over it.

CC went, Apparently it was fne with her as well.

I feel so, so bad for the kids. I feel bad for CC too. Its just, adults have an understanding "This is wrong". Kids are so innocent and lack that.... I feel so so bad for them. Can't stop imagining what went on in Afghanistan. Totally unfounded, but I picture him pretending he's a captor and assaulting her and the kids there too. Could really mess someone's mental state up. I hope she gets far away from him.

Anyone know if she was in the courtroom?

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]My heartbreaks for the children. Not so much for CC, she was adult when she put her unborn baby in danger for a man following his own agenda, we also dont know if it was her agenda too. If she is that easily influenced my only hope is her Father steps in and influences her in a new directions.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]I would doubt she was in the courtroom if she in a witness. Also the media would have reported it, imo.[/FONT]

I have visited a Federal Prison for a parole hearing once, years ago. I was shocked how nice it was. The inmates lived in Townhouses not cells, could have their own TV in their rooms with free cable and computer (but no internet) cooked their own meals, purchased their own groceries through the canteen, had socials and got weekend passes to go into town. Separate town homes for conjuga visits. There was a really nice playground for inmate children when they came to visit. It was in a country like setting outside of Toronto near Kingston, ON, called the Pittsburgh Institute.

It brought true meaning to the old saying "Club Fed".

Provincial jails like the ones JB is in, I believe are more like jails we would see on TV with cells. Some inmates try and get a sentence which is longer than 2 years so they can serve it out in a Federal Prison and not a Provincial Jail.

Not Canadian, but I imagine it is the same as the US. Jails are where people are held until trial. Being sentenced gets you the prison term.

I guess Karla has been rehabilitated since she seems to be living some kind of normal life. For crimes like her’s , I feel she should have been in prison forever.

I do not think prisons should be hell holes. No one learns anything by being subjected to cruelty except to become more cruel .

People point to other countries with repressive regimes as being horrible, but yet people call for the same approach to prisoners in Canada and fhe US

JB now faces 19 charges

@kristynease

- 9 counts assault
#ottnews

I don’t know where it is, but there were reports that he liked sexual violence. This may be his normal sexual life.

I read on WS where women on here claimed they liked to live in cages and liked to get beaten, so this may be normal for him.

New set of charges laid

According to his lawyer (Greenspon) there was no new evidence that led to the 4 additional charges.
The the practice is not uncommon and is known as a Relay of Charges

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/joshua-boyle-ottawa-charges-court-1.4504010 Jan 26, 2018 updated at 2:00PM

Ex-hostage Joshua Boyle faces new set of charges, will be psychologically assessed

Those original 15 charges were withdrawn by the Crown on Friday, and a new set of 19 charges were entered into the record.
The practice is not uncommon, and is known as a relay of charges.

The 19 new charges, which relate to one alleged victim instead of two, are:

One count of sexual assault while threatening to use a weapon (ropes).
One count of sexual assault with a weapon (ropes).
One count of uttering a threat to cause death.
Nine counts of assault.
One count of assault with a weapon (a broomstick).
Three counts of unlawful confinement.
One count of administering a noxious substance (the antidepressant Trazodone).
One count of public mischief (misleading a police officer into believing that someone was suicidal and missing, causing the officer to start an investigation, and thereby diverting suspicion away from Boyle).
One count of criminal harassment.

Police allege the offences happened in Ottawa between Oct. 14 and Dec. 30. None of the charges has been proven in court.

The identity of the alleged victim is protected by a publication ban.

New set of charges laid

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/joshua-boyle-ottawa-charges-court-1.4504010 Jan 26, 2018 updated at 2:00PM

Ex-hostage Joshua Boyle faces new set of charges, will be psychologically assessed

Those original 15 charges were withdrawn by the Crown on Friday, and a new set of 19 charges were entered into the record.
The practice is not uncommon, and is known as a relay of charges.

The 19 new charges, which relate to one alleged victim instead of two, are:

One count of sexual assault while threatening to use a weapon (ropes).
One count of sexual assault with a weapon (ropes).
One count of uttering a threat to cause death.
Nine counts of assault.
One count of assault with a weapon (a broomstick).
Three counts of unlawful confinement.
One count of administering a noxious substance (the antidepressant Trazodone).
One count of public mischief (misleading a police officer into believing that someone was suicidal and missing, causing the officer to start an investigation, and thereby diverting suspicion away from Boyle).
One count of criminal harassment.

Police allege the offences happened in Ottawa between Oct. 14 and Dec. 30. None of the charges has been proven in court.

The identity of the alleged victim is protected by a publication ban.

Am I reading this correctly, that now there is only 1 victim, and not 2?

They are charges from the same incident he was charged from earlier, just updated because of new evidence, etc.

I don’t know where it is, but there were reports that he liked sexual violence. This may be his normal sexual life.

I read on WS where women on here claimed they liked to live in cages and liked to get beaten, so this may be normal for him.

WTF - no. If only party wants it, then it is assault. Serial Killers like to rape and kill their victims out of their sexual desire often too - still doesn't make it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member