Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, husband arrested for abuse, Oct 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are charges from the same incident he was charged from earlier, just updated because of new evidence, etc.

WTF - no. If only party wants it, then it is assault. Serial Killers like to rape and kill their victims out of their sexual desire often too - still doesn't make it right.

My point is that his wife may like violent sex. His victim may be some other person

Hmm, don't suppose it's possible he could be charged with crimes committed in his good old afghan days or are these def charges from since his return?

These charges by the Ottawa Police stem (alleged) offences committed after his return to Canada, between Oct 14 to Dec 30. He was arrested Jan 1, 2018.

I feel so, so bad for the kids. I feel bad for CC too. Its just, adults have an understanding "This is wrong". Kids are so innocent and lack that.... I feel so so bad for them. Can't stop imagining what went on in Afghanistan. Totally unfounded, but I picture him pretending he's a captor and assaulting her and the kids there too. Could really mess someone's mental state up. I hope she gets far away from him.

Anyone know if she was in the courtroom?

Don't know. But I will take a guess and say NO.
Reporters have not mentioned her being in attendance, IMO if she was there the media would have followed her for photos and comments/interview.

These charges by the Ottawa Police stem (alleged) offences committed after his return to Canada, between Oct 14 to Dec 30. He was arrested Jan 1, 2018.

So, the new charges are either from an altercation with CC or with the children? Unless the parents of JB or CC were in Ottawa? IMO

Not Canadian, but I imagine it is the same as the US. Jails are where people are held until trial. Being sentenced gets you the prison term.

I guess Karla has been rehabilitated since she seems to be living some kind of normal life. For crimes like her’s , I feel she should have been in prison forever.

I do not think prisons should be hell holes. No one learns anything by being subjected to cruelty except to become more cruel .

People point to other countries with repressive regimes as being horrible, but yet people call for the same approach to prisoners in Canada and fhe US

Our Club Feds are like being on vacation for awhile. I don't think prison should be like a vacation either.

As a taxpayer, I resent paying for these scum to live better than many law abiding taxpayers.

Toss them into cells, deprive them of damned near everything and let them work at farming their own food or something useful, 8 hours a day. IMO

Prisoners in Canada have a better food allowance per day than hospitalized folks. The government is seen to have to 'protect' prisoners and keep them healthy. Patients starve and suffer malnutrition if in hospital for very long. Sure seems wrong to me.

“He’s been seen by a forensic psychiatrist who was of the view that he would benefit from an assessment as an in-patient at a psychiatric facility,….”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/26/joshua-boyle-former-taliban-hostage-to-undergo-additional-psychiatric-assessment

lol He needs long-term treatment, not another assessment. Remember before he drug Caitlin into a war zone in Afghanistan, he made 62,000 changes and additions on Wiki on very disturbing topics. SIXTY-TWO THOUSAND! He’s been demented for a very long time.

The prosecution is charging him with sexual assault because there's a victim who didn't want to be tied up or strangled with a rope by Joshua Boyle. I'm shocked to read that a broomstick was used in the assault, but relieved it wasn't used in the sexual assault. Joshua Boyle is perverse!

GG, did you ever see the photo of JB in his apartment, laying on a dirty mattress, no bedding, playing video games all day long?
That was a few years before he married anyone and thats how he spent his time? IMO

His first wife divorced him because she wasn't willing to be subservient enough for him. Seems he was looking for a slave, sex slave and unquestioning devotion to his crackpot ideas. IMO

You are correct, he has been demented for a very, very long time. IMO

Wish there was a link to that article you mentioned earlier.

So, the new charges are either from an altercation with CC or with the children? Unless the parents of JB or CC were in Ottawa? IMO

From what I have read in msm there are no new victims, still the 2 from the initial charges and that these additional charges are from 1 victim only (IMO probably CC)

The Crown dropped the initial 15 charges and then charged him with the 19 offences, apparently this is called a re laying of charges and is not uncommon.

“He’s been seen by a forensic psychiatrist who was of the view that he would benefit from an assessment as an in-patient at a psychiatric facility,….”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/26/joshua-boyle-former-taliban-hostage-to-undergo-additional-psychiatric-assessment

lol He needs long-term treatment, not another assessment. Remember before he drug Caitlin into a war zone in Afghanistan, he made 62,000 changes and additions on Wiki on very disturbing topics. SIXTY-TWO THOUSAND! He’s been demented for a very long time.

The prosecution is charging him with sexual assault because there's a victim who didn't want to be tied up or strangled with a rope by Joshua Boyle. I'm shocked to read that a broomstick was used in the assault, but relieved it wasn't used in the sexual assault. Joshua Boyle is perverse!

Good thing he is not out on bail and will spend 60 days in the secure forensic unit at the Brockville Mental Health Centre and further away from his victims.
Brockville is less than 1.5 hours away from Ottawa and about 30 mins or so from his parents home in Smiths Falls.

His lawyer said JB will be transferred to Brockville Mental Health when a bed becomes available, probably in the next few days.

GG, did you ever see the photo of JB in his apartment, laying on a dirty mattress, no bedding, playing video games all day long?
That was a few years before he married anyone and thats how he spent his time? IMO

His first wife divorced him because she wasn't willing to be subservient enough for him. Seems he was looking for a slave, sex slave and unquestioning devotion to his crackpot ideas. IMO

You are correct, he has been demented for a very, very long time. IMO

Wish there was a link to that article you mentioned earlier.

I just recently saw that photo. At the time I saw it, I couldn't tell if it was during his University days or after he graduated.
With all his gaming and Wiki posts it does paint a picture of someone who spent a large majority of his time on a computer for social, personal purposes and not for employment.

I just recently saw that photo. At the time I saw it, I couldn't tell if it was during his University days or after he graduated.
With all his gaming and Wiki posts it does paint a picture of someone who spent a large majority of his time on a computer for social, personal purposes and not for employment.

I found the picture here: https://imgur.com/gallery/BxTtw (yikes the bed is in the kitchen!)

CC describes the vile conditions of JB apartment here: http://torontofairytale.blogspot.ca/2007/06/greetings-from-north-of-border.html

UPDATE on the # of victims

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/0127-boyle?platform=hootsuite JAN 26, 2018

The charges against Boyle previously involved two alleged victims, but that has been reduced to one after the Crown dropped an assault charge involving a minor.

There is a publication ban on the name of the alleged victim, and none of the charges has been proved in court.

Boyle’s legal team says he is eager for the “full story” to be presented in court.

UPDATE on the # of victims

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/0127-boyle?platform=hootsuite JAN 26, 2018

The charges against Boyle previously involved two alleged victims, but that has been reduced to one after the Crown dropped an assault charge involving a minor.

There is a publication ban on the name of the alleged victim, and none of the charges has been proved in court.

Boyle’s legal team says he is eager for the “full story” to be presented in court.

WOW, thats interesting. I am guessing they didn't have enough evidence.

This line stand out; Boyle, the son of an Ottawa judge, was also charged with misleading police on Dec. 30 after reporting that someone was suicidal and missing. Boyle concocted the story to “divert suspicion from himself,” police allege.

Makes me think he "concocted" the whole hostage situation.

WOW, thats interesting. I am guessing they didn't have enough evidence.

This line stand out; Boyle, the son of an Ottawa judge, was also charged with misleading police on Dec. 30 after reporting that someone was suicidal and missing. Boyle concocted the story to “divert suspicion from himself,” police allege.

Makes me think he "concocted" the whole hostage situation.

Yup, that's his 1 count of Public Mischief (misleading a police officer into believing someone is missing and suicidal and start and investigation)

I agree, it does make one wonder what else he has made up. We now know he did not "meet" Justin Trudeau in 2006. But, like many other people, he attended a rally in Toronto regarding Darfur. See how he stretched being at a rally that JT was also at as "meeting'" him. :notgood:

I think as time goes on, and CC has been away from his influence, I believe we will hear more about this saga.

I found the picture here: https://imgur.com/gallery/BxTtw (yikes the bed is in the kitchen!)

CC describes the vile conditions of JB apartment here: http://torontofairytale.blogspot.ca/2007/06/greetings-from-north-of-border.html

How ironic, on the blog CC describes cleaning JB's apartment and then says "if I ever have to survive in a hut in Africa, mess won't be an issue for me". Little did she know then .... I feel sorry for her. She sounded so happy when she first went to Canada to live with him.

Thank you.
I was reading her blog entries, she states that mattress was hers, where she slept. Jokingly saying, that Josh was "...being lazy and playing video games on her mattress instead of making dinner"
She described her experience crossing the border and once she crossed she said she was "...finally, truly GONE, Time to start my new life...a big shot at a future here" meaning Toronto
I see a young woman with dreams and starting on an adventure by going to Toronto for a few months. She talks of her dreams to film, to travel the world.

Thank you.
I was reading her blog entries, she states that mattress was hers, where she slept. And the suitcase I noticed was probably hers as well.
She described her experience crossing the border and once she crossed she said she was "...finally, truly GONE, Time to start my new life...a big shot at a future here" meaning Toronto

Yes I also just noticed that. The picture of Josh on the mattress was taken after she had cleaned the whole place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx