• Death Penalty is Appropriate in This Case

Votes: 184 50.4%
  • Life in Prison is Appropriate in This Case

Votes: 181 49.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the web searches will show enough irrefutable proof of premed. I am on missing children sites all the time, like this one. If my child goes missing does it show a nexus? I would need more than that to convict.

The chloroform , however...then ZG. it may be a DP case, but I need something more to give her the needle.

I do not support the death penalty so this is easy for me.

Since I believe everything was premeditated she should get death. The grandparents can get life as well as Lee

Normally, I'd vote for letting someone rot in prison for the rest of their lives, but my feelings have changed for Casey....that "spiteful b*tch" needs the maximum punishment possible. Let her count down those days to her execution in fear and anguish.

I am not for or against the death penalty..I dont feel that strongly either way but since Florida has the death penalty and if convicted of a capital crime in Florida, thats the punishment..then thats the punishment. I do have an opinion on the tax dollars wasted on people apealing for years while on death row. I understand 1 automatic appeal but many times the villian has more rights than the victim.

If you haven't seen JB's latest statement on video about them giving Casey life in prison, I highly recommend it! I guess this thread isn't premature after all.

Thursday, Casey's attorney said it's not in her best interest to tell what she knows about where Caylee is.

"It does her no good to show her cards to give the prosecution any advantage they have to put her away for life," Jose Baez said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17610344/detail.html

I voted for the dp but understand it takes so many years it may end up being unnecessary. I'm more concerned with the quality of her life behind bars. What chance would she have to keep relationships, blogging on-line, getting letters from her fans, even getting married one day and could she ever get pregnant again? I believe Susan Atkins has been married twice while behind bars! imo she would adapt to her surroundings and make her life there as comfortable as possible while she continues to manipulate and use anyone she can. for me it's more important to make sure she would never be able to have another baby to hurt. once she's found guilty I never want to waste another moment thinking about this evil.

VB

She has already thrown her life away why not fess up? Scardy cat......

I say Life in Prison!!! I believe KC got rid of Caylee so she could party all the time and not be bothered. I also think she was planning of going to California and left her purse, etc. in her car to make it look like someone else did it.
Let the the other prisoners show her what it's like in General population. I hear in there they don't like people who harm children. She won't be able to go out clubbing then. Maybe she can be someone's _______. The blank is because I don't want to write a bad word but when I talk about KC it gets my blood boiling.

First of all, how can you reasonably vote for the penalty right now when we don't know what she is going to be charged with? That is why they are waiting until the last minute to bring the indictment.
For it to be 1st degree, they have to prove premeditation, and that might be very difficult, especially without the body.
They don't have to prove premeditation to charge her with 1st degree murder-- it's weird that so few commentators have mentioned the felony murder rule as it applies to this case. Nancy Grace finally mentioned it like a week ago, but just sort of blurted it out without explaining. If homicide results from aggravated child abuse-- drugging or "caging" a child, the offense can be charged as first degree felony murder-- even if there is no premeditation or intent to kill. If it can be proven that Casey drugged Caylee and/or kept her locked in the car/trunk; and, that either or both of these acts caused her death, this is murder 1-- even if Casey had no intent or design to kill Caylee. I agree that we clearly don't have all the facts/evidence, but from what we have seen, I think Casey will be charged with first degree murder.
And in the end, we won't get to decide her sentence anyway. Some cases have a separate jury for the sentencing, and some opt to have the judge impose the sentence, it all depends on what FL laws are.
In FL, capital defendants have a right to allow the same jury to deliberate in the penalty phase, or they can waive that right and have a judge rule on the penalty phase-- execution or life in prison. FL is unique because it's the ONLY state that allows a bare majority of jurors to vote to inflict death. Other states require juror unanimity in sentencing death. FL also allows judicial override wherein a judge can just overrule the jury's determination re: penalty phase.

An aside-- IF casey is charged and convicted of capital murder; opts to have a jury deliberate in the penalty phase; and her death sentence is conferred by a majority vote, it's a veritable certainty that sentence will be reversed within years. The Supreme Court has officially requested that FL rewrite its law re: majority juror rule in capital cases.

All that said, I oppose the death penalty so I voted accordingly. I wish Casey could have a Paul Bernardo-style incarceration-- 23 hours a day in iso, in a TINY cell and NO MEDIA CONTACT. I also wish she would be forbidden from receiving/sending mail from inevitable groupies/supporters. Unfortunately, the latter two conditions can't happen. But I wish.

Life in prison will be way to easy for her. She'll have flocks of men wanting to marry her, writing to her and paying lots of attention her not to mention the attention of the prision guards.

She killed this baby (IMO) and the penalty should be the same.

No offence to those women who cannot bear children, or missed the opportunity ... but I will be satisfied if she receives a sentence of 25-years or more, thereby foregoing any chance of another child. In my mind, that's not just a punishment but also a protective measure.

Also, I don't agree with those who want her in general population... I wonder where we draw the line between punishment and vindictiveness.

As a role model, look at how the Australian jailer's handle Bryant, the mass murderer in Tasmania. I believe it's important as a society to let the punishment fit the crime, whilst maintaining our own standards of decency and humanity. If she's not sentenced to death, wishing Casey in gen pop is wishing her harm. That's not justice.

I guess I am vindictive because I do want her in general population. I do not want her treated like a princess.
I do want her to get more than 25 years for the life of a child. 25 years is not justice that is just a slap on the wrist.
I guess I'm not decent because when I was answering the poll question I was trying to decide which answer was going to cause KC to suffer the most. I chose Life in Prison. I could care less, just so long as she suffers like her precious Caylee did.

I say Life rather than death. With a life sentence she will be in general population and will get her due. With the death sentence she has a private cell away from everyone else. I feel she needs to suffer the wrath of other inmates.

I voted life. I prefer death for all murderers. (Self defense is another story but certainly not applicable here). I jsut don;t think they will try and charge her with death, the Jury will think too harsh for such a pretty young girl (I use the term "pretty" lightly) They have let young "pretty" child molestors go free with just a lsap on the wrist in Florida :( So I cannot see the Jury throwing a guilty verdict if the punishment is death in this case....

The death penalty is just a way of trying to make two wrongs come out to be a right.
There are some cases where I can understand it, usually for the families of victims that were murdered. I still can't support the death penalty.
In this case, IF Casey is convicted of a capital crime, then I think she should spend the rest of her life in prison. She's 22, she'll be 23 by the time she's sentenced, that's a long time. Not to mention with all the doubt that has been cast in this case and the mandatory appeals, it will still be 10-20 years before the death penalty would be served.
Just throw her in a cell and let her rot for the next 50 years. Why dope her up, give her a shot and let her go peacefully, Casey doesn't deserve that much dignity.

Life in prison would be more punishing then death in my opinion. Everyday to wake in that enviroment for the next 50 years or better would be more deserving of the crime then to let her escape through death.

As long as she is alive she will be getting attention...........should that be allowed?

Now that Casey has been charged with Murder 1, the DA has the option to ask for life in prison or ask the jury for the death penalty.

What would you choose? I say send her to Starke Prison (death row).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss