• Death Penalty is Appropriate in This Case

Votes: 184 50.4%
  • Life in Prison is Appropriate in This Case

Votes: 181 49.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Casey has been charged with Murder 1, the DA has the option to ask for life in prison or ask the jury for the death penalty.

What would you choose? I say send her to Starke Prison (death row).

ITA, FloridaKatz. Once all the evidence and testimony is presented, and a jury finds her guilty of Murder 1, only the DP would be justice.

Having said that, I'm afraid because she is young, pretty, and has obvious mental/personality issues, she will get Life, and not even necessarily life without parole.

I am against the death penalty personally.

However, there are benefits to life without parole:

A) Much cheaper for the taxpayers. Death penalty convictions have automatic appeals. I read that it cost Florida $3 million to put Ted Bundy to death because of all the appeals.

B) Death row inmates have their own cell and therefore more privacy. Lifers have to share a cell. Much worse quality of life for the inmates.

Life with no parole for a 22-year-old means a very very very long and miserable life.

Threat of death, bargained down to life w/o parole.

She has GOT to be taken off the streets.

A) Much cheaper for the taxpayers. Death penalty convictions have automatic appeals. I read that it cost Florida $3 million to put Ted Bundy to death because of all the appeals.

B) Death row inmates have their own cell and therefore more privacy. Lifers have to share a cell. Much worse quality of life for the inmates.

Life with no parole for a 22-year-old means a very very very long and miserable life.

I am also against the death penalty and agree 100%. Even if Casey never feels an second of remorse for her daughter I want her to have many years mourning the loss of her social life and never being able to see the inside of another nightclub.

IMO, it really doesn't matter which one Casey will get because Casey has disassociated herself from Caylee so long ago that Life wouldn't really cause her much heartache at all.

For me, it's not that cut and dried. I'd like to know what actually happened before I could make a decision. If she can't make the effort to tell the truth about what happened to Caylee then I don't know why a jury or the judge should take the time to recommend that her life be spared.

Now that Casey has been charged with Murder 1, the DA has the option to ask for life in prison or ask the jury for the death penalty.

What would you choose? I say send her to Starke Prison (death row).

Death Row for women in Florida is located at Lowell, FL. There's currently only 1 other woman on Death Row in Florida.

Oh and I vote for life without parole. That would be far worse for Casey than the needle in 10-15 years.

I think they need to seek death if for no other reason than to encourage Casey to tell what happened. I don't see that happening before a guilty verdict is read. Not only that, but a death qualified jury is traditionally, much more conservative, and normally more easily persuaded than others. I'm certainly not trying to toss labels on people with this statement. There are plenty of exceptions to the rule. It has, however, been a tool the state has used for this very reason. I'm glad they have it as an option.

As for the sentence itself, I don't have a problem with LWOP. It's much harder to be among the population, so I'm not so sure Casey isn't hoping they seek death. If it were me, I would rather be alone.

I agree, since this would be a much harder life for Casey. And because of that, it's what I hope she gets. Let her have the next 60 years to think about and pay for what she did.

Putting her to death would make it too easy for her .....

Average life expectancy (just guessing here) 75 years ....

She has another good 53+ years left to live ....

That would equal 19,345 days to spend in isolation and to reflect on what she has done. If there is one thing I have sensed all along (based on KC's daily itinerary) she does not like to be alone. I can only imagine how many nights she will wake in a cold sweat.......

She deserves death, just as she id to her child. However, I hope she gets life and will be in the general population. The DP in this case will get her a private cell for 15+ years. She does not deserve a private anything.

I think they should seek the DP and bargain for Life Without Parole if she comes clean and tells them where the body is. I really don't care which she gets in the end as long as she never sees the outside world again. If they prove in court that she planned and executed her plan to kill her daughter so she could be free of her I hope she gets the DP. No one like that deserves to live.

I agree! I am also against the death penalty. I just think a harsher punishment for KC will be LWOP. People should send her pics in the mail of them out at clubs enjoying themselves for the rest of her life! I think she killed poor Caylee thinking she would be forever free to party all the time. I think she will suffer more by understanding she will live in a cage forever.

I'm not a big fan of the death penalty but I would be in this case. She would be in a private cell with no audience. Without an audience she is just another number.

Im gonna have to say life w/o parole. Like others have said she A) doesnt like being alone and B) has quite a few years ahead of her...this would be far worse for KC than death:behindbar

O/T Currently my children and I are awaiting trial for the man who murdered their dad last year (their uncle, dads brother) and I hope and pray all the time that he gets Life w/o parole so that he can think everyday about what he has done and have no other choice but to live with it...to me I think that dealing with what you did is far worse than being put to death!!:furious:

I think they should seek the DP and bargain for Life Without Parole if she comes clean and tells them where the body is. I really don't care which she gets in the end as long as she never sees the outside world again. If they prove in court that she planned and executed her plan to kill her daughter so she could be free of her I hope she gets the DP. No one like that deserves to live.

Ditto..

And wallpaper her cell with photos of Caylee.

I am for the death penalty, but not in this case. I would like to see Casey spend each day for the rest of her long, long, healthy life thinking about what she did. If the death penalty is handed to her, I will not disagree with it, especially if it is used as a bargaining chip, and she doesn't take it..If thats the case, then, she sealed her on fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss