• Death Penalty is Appropriate in This Case

Votes: 184 50.4%
  • Life in Prison is Appropriate in This Case

Votes: 181 49.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Life in prison without parole, no appeals, no private cell, out with general population........could be worse than death!!! IMO

I think the DP is what Casey deserves. Why give her the satisfaction of manipulating prison personnel and other inmates? Like another poster said, she isn't going to sit and think about Caylee for the rest of her life. She'll be thinking about how she can make herself the center of attention to get what she wants. Why should she be allowed to continue using her sick mind for her own benefit?

I voted life simply because, in the long run, I believe it's cheaper. The death cases take a whole new set of experts in appeal - and the state pays for that, too. She'll always be in protective custody, so it's going to be expensive to house her either way.

It's my understanding that for Murder 1 in Florida, even if the case is tried as LWOP that the judge can over-ride this and call for the DP. Does anyone know if this is correct or not?
Oh I hadn't heard that! I thought it was just the opposite, that the judge could reduce the sentence to LWOP even if the jury had recommended the DP. MOO

Life in prison without parole, no appeals, no private cell, out with general population........could be worse than death!!! IMO
I will agree, but part of me would like to see this tried as a DP case, to get a death-qualified jury, and let them decide her fate ~ even if they decide on LWOP. That, imo, could put some fear into her. :behindbar MOO

Death. Ultimately, once carried out, it would be easier on her family. And imo, the world (collective consciencenesss, and all that) will be a better place without KC in it.

I vote DP because I think she'll see LWOP as a win. She may be miserable with LWOP but I see her way more miserable sitting on death row for the next 10 - 20 years wondering when her day will come. She's a control freak and getting the DP takes the control out of her hands for her own life.

For now, I'm leaning for life in prison, . I may change my mind when all the ugly details come out in the trial.

While I have no problem with the DP, I voted for Life in Prison. The reason is three-fold. 1, DP is the easy way out. 2. I fear a hung jury as someone just might think she is too young, pretty, etc. , so, why take the chance? 3. Life in prison, in general population would suit her just fine. Of course, there would be no real men to play with, but I am sure there would be plenty of men-wanna-b's that just might suit her fancy!

Thanks for bumping this up JBean!

I voted for the DP.

I didn't read every post and I'm going to assume this isn't a discussion on the legalities of the DP as it pertains to this case but if I were supreme commander of the universe and I alone were deciding KC's sentence, then I would go with the DP.

Here's why. While I understand the notion that making her sit in prison for the rest of her life sounds like a worse punishment to KC than death, you have to remember, this is KC we're talking about. If she spends the rest of her life in prison, she will continue with her chameleon ways and blend right in. She might end up being Big Marge's b*tch, but then again she might end up liking it too.

To punish KC, you need to take away what she cherishes the most, what she thinks about all the time....no....not Reeses....you need to take away KC. She will never sit in prison and pine about what she did to Caylee. She's compartmentalized that event and tucked it away. She would never admit that she did it, she would never admit that she lied, she would never feel remorse for killing Caylee, she would never apologize for the agony that she has caused. If you interviewed her in 20 years, she would probably be very much like she is now. She would spin a tale about how some new evidence is going to come out to exhonerate her since she was probably convicted on a "f^cking whim".

Even though it would take years to get there. Just knowing that she will experience the terror that she knows she's going to die. Even if its just on the walk to the death chamber. While not the same as the terror that Caylee felt, it's as close as the laws will allow us to come. We don't execute people to teach people that killing people is wrong. It's not a teaching tool, it's a punishment and should be viewed as such. If KC is put to death, we will know for certain, that she will never hurt anyone again. We will not have to pay for her room and board, her medical care, her legal counsel, her college education or anything else. She can spin her lies at the pearly gates or make peace with her maker but she will most likely spend an eternity rotting in h3ll. Absolutely!

I voted DP a long time ago and still think thats what she should get and I think it is a worse punishment for someone like her. Look how cushy she is living in the jail right now. All sorts of people sending money. She doesn't even eat jail food. She orders up whatever she wants from the jail. All sorts of goodies and toiletries. She will never be put in general population so don't think that will give her her just desserts. It is too dangerous to put her there and they never will. I think it would be alot more scary to sit on death row for years wondering when and if you will get the axe. in prison you just get used to things and find a way to live that way and it looks like FL has cushy prisons with all the stuff they can order and live on. We sure don't have that in CA!!

Bold by me.....she's only in county jail right now. Florida prisons are a bit different than this, believe me. The male prison is in Starke, FL and its a terrible place! I'll check the location of the female one, but from what I heard its no better. BTW, I voted for death. I'm tired of her sucking major expenses out of the state's resources already, and don't want her to for the rest of her years, if possible! But the main reason is for what she did to precious Caylee, not even 3 yrs. old!

ETA: Female prison is Lowell, in Ocala. Such lovely digs...

I don't believe in the Death Penelty. A life in prison will be a just punishment, especially for someone like her.

I am not going to vote yet.

But I don't think that if KC is sentenced to LWOP that she will sit in prison and think about her crime and be miserable. That is the past. She probably no longer gives Caylee or Caylee's death much thought at all, if any. I would wager that she spends many hours of her day focused on what she is reading, listening to on the radio, going to snack on next, but all of those hours are spent without one single thought to her daughter Caylee. That's just my opinion though.

I think she will adapt very quickly to life in prison. She will probably become a model prisoner in order to earn special duties to try to befriend those she is in contact with even it is only guards and other prison personnel.

She will probably remain in some type of protective custody to keep her safe from other inmates. If she has male guards, she will focus all her energy in order to manipulate them until she finds one like S. Smith found in order to have sex. Not for the sake of having sex but for the drama, for the validation that she is the most beautiful woman in the world as she sees herself probably in her own mind.

If she can't find a male officer, she will find a female officer that will suffice. Not saying anything against the officers in jail. Just saying that is how I see KC.

So I can't decide yet. I'll come back when I have and vote.

Bolded by me. ITA. That's why I think the DP is the fitting punishment. IMO, that's the only thing that will get her to understand the seriousness of her crime (of course, I might be naive). I'm sure if she gets life she'll give many interviews and still enjoy being the center of attention, manipulating everyone as she adapts to prison life (just as she already has).

I don't believe in the death penalty.

BUT if I did, there isn't anyone I think is more deserving.

Casey was blessed with more than 99% of those awaiting the needle could ever hope to have. But, instead of being appreciative, she murdered her own baby to get even with her mom and snag a man.

Even Polly Klaas's killer led LE to her body when confronted and Jeffrey Dahmer said he was sorry.

I give Casey NO concessions because HER victim was her daughter. She hasn't had even as much decency as the above named monsters and admitted ANY culpability.

MOO

Bold by me.....she's only in county jail right now. Florida prisons are a bit different than this, believe me. The male prison is in Starke, FL and its a terrible place! I'll check the location of the female one, but from what I heard its no better. BTW, I voted for death. I'm tired of her sucking major expenses out of the state's resources already, and don't want her to for the rest of her years, if possible!

ETA: Female prison is Lowell, in Ocala. Such lovely digs...

There is always Angola, Louisiana.:eek: (woops - men's) oh well

I would want the death penalty. If life in prison without parole is the harsher sentence they why do the majority of defendants want that instead of death?Why plea down to life in prison if the death penalty is easier for them? I dont buy that at all.

Also, I have heard many times that this case isnt a good DP case because it isnt heinous enough, or something to that effect. I cannot imagine anything worse than a mother killing the child that she is supposed to love and protect above all else on earth.

jmo

I would want the death penalty. If life in prison without parole is the harsher sentence they why do the majority of defendants want that instead of death?Why plea down to life in prison if the death penalty is easier for them? I dont buy that at all.

Also, I have heard many times that this case isnt a good DP case because it isnt heinous enough, or something to that effect. I cannot imagine anything worse than a mother killing the child that she is supposed to love and protect above all else on earth.

jmo

Understand. How about those that that have killed 2 or 3?

DP for them too. But I am looking at it from the victim's perspective. What could be more cruel than being killed by the one person in the world who is supposed to love you more than anything?

DEATH- I would like to see her sit on death row knowing she only has about 20 more years to live.-giving florida the benefit of the doubt here by saying 20 yrs. Just wish what happpened in the movie The Green Mile" could happen to her- I believe an eye for an eye- and I wish i could pass a law that the person convited of murder could die the same way the person they kill did- I wish they would bury Couey alive like he did to Jessica and I wish Casey could die the same way she killed Caylee- I think that would bring back a decent flashback on the last few minutes of their death. I know she will probably get Life but I really dont want this for her because shes a sociapath and wont even think about what she did in her life sentence in jail- she will put Caylee out of her mind and make a new life for herself behind bars and deal with it just fine and I want nothing but thre worst for her- and I know theres inmates that dont like baby killers but i also know she will be among other murderers who wont give a crap what she did and she will fit right in- she will make new friends along the line and feel she has a new life and I dont feel she deserves any sort of life- she sure didnt give Caylee the pleasure of any kind of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member