• Death Penalty is Appropriate in This Case

Votes: 184 50.4%
  • Life in Prison is Appropriate in This Case

Votes: 181 49.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Yes, Yes....I have been a die-hard lurker for sometime but had to come out to answer this one. After chloraform and neck breaking searches there is clearly premeditation on the part of the KC, not to mention the lengths she has gone to cover the crime and the pain and suffering she has brought to her entire family. The only problem is that with a typical dp case the victim's family has a say in whether or not it is imposed and in this case GA and CA surely will be opposed.

But without DP then she will always have the hope for apeals, mistrial etc.
With DP on the table it's down to a single roll of the dice.
Might be enough for a 11'th hour confession

I voted DP. If she gets life then the ignorant people who send her money will keep doing it and she will get all kinds of "perks".

Plus, death row inmates are usually more mean and aggressive. I want to see her in there with them.

I voted NO DP, I think she should live out the rest of her life behind bars. I believe death would be the freedom she does not deserve.

I agree but also have the thought that bringing the DP to the plate might just endanger the case for prosecutors since some jurors, no matter what they say during the jury selection process, might have difficulty finding guilt knowing the DP was the possible outcome.

In many jurors minds, she would too young to put to death. In other jurors minds it might be proved she was guilty of the death but without manner of death, they would be reluctant to convict also with the DP on the table. I believe any other sentence possibility improves the proscecutor's chance of convicting.

I agree fuzzykpd, being young and somewhat attractive many jurors would have trouble imposing the dp on KC. It would impede the prosecutions chances for a gulity verdict.

It depends on what evidence they were able to collect from the crime scene. If there were fingerprints or DNA on the duct tape or bag, for instance, that will physically tie KC to the murder itself, I hope that the state goes for the DP. While the evidence, including the hair with the deathband and the decompositional event in the perp's own truck are enough for me, I am afraid that, without that substantial link tying her to the act of the murder itself, some jurors would hesitate to return a DP verdict. I would rather see her get LWOP than walk. Now, I have a question. If the state goes for the DP, is it all or nothing? I mean, do the jurors have the option of a lesser crime if the DP is on the table?

I voted DP. LWOP, having to live day in and day out with the weight of what she has done might be a fitting punishment for someone else, but not for this piece of work. She has already moved on and will never be consumed with guilt or remorse, this much I can see as I watch her playing pen games with Baez in the court room.
The only thing she cares about is herself and I think the DP will definitely get her attention.

I also voted NO DP, only because I think she should live out the rest of her loooong life, (remember she's only 22 and has a long life to live, yeah) in solitaire confinement. I can't imagine her ever being able to be put into GP. If she could be accepted in GP, and not be harassed every day of her life, then I'd vote yes for DP, because then she would be in solitaire, I believe.
So, in short, only LWOP if in solitaire, otherwise, yes, death!

Oh, and one more reason I say no, I don't want any juror having a heavy heart and not being able to convict her if she could get death. DP makes it a much harder case for prosecution.

No on the dp for this one. She needs to think about this for about 75 years. Sorry Casey, the heart sticker did you in completely for me.

I believe that she should have to think about this for the next 75 years... but come on.. she is going to be on death row for MANY MANY years before they ever get around to actually putting her to death.

I voted no...put put her in withthe general population...with the evidence that is there...I am not worried about appeals (unless it is for bad counsel)

LWOP, IMO, might be easier to convince a jury of.

I say DP and the manner of death should be duct tape with a heart over the mouth. How unfair that if she is given the death penalty it will be carried out humanly.

I voted no on this one also, She needs to live out her life in prison, death is too good for her, I wanna see her in GP!! She will hate that beings she likes to hide

I vote no DP, even though I do think she should lose her life for causing Caylee to lose hers.

DP raises issues for juries though, who may show more reluctance to convict if it's on the table. I'm fine with LWOP. In the grand scheme of things the girl is going to a very bad place when she dies, whether that is now or 50 years from now, and I'd rather she didn't have any fun in the meantime. 50 years LWOP is a blink of an eye in comparison to eternity.

I voted yes only because I believe that this is the only thing that might make Casey talk. I truly think that her Chamelion (sp) personality will adapt to prison and it won't be so bad for her. She won't have to work, can lay around all day and seek attention from the guards. if she has the DP hanging over her head it will #1 cause her mental grief (which she so deserves) and #2 maybe, maybe she'll confess because with her narcissistic (sp) personality she'll freak thinking that she could actually be killed.

No-because it will ruin the case for the prosecution. Because the jury "may" take "offense" to put KC to death because "her family are not only crime victims, but they are related to the culprit". (thats what makes this case different from other death penalty cases)

In Florida, are lwop inmates able to marry etc?
I know in California Susan Atkins was able to get married twice behind bars, I would hate for Casey to be able to go on with her life and be able to use/manipulate more people.

I voted for dp, she's a waste, a total waste.

VB

I voted DP for one reason only Susan Smith.
She not only is getting her education in prison,she has a personal ad posted looking for a man, and she contracted a STD in prison by having sex with a guard. She has adjusted well to prison: I will have to go POSTAL if I see this 10 years after KC's sentence.

During my spare time, I enjoy reading, working puzzles, and writing.
"I love rainbows, Mickey Mouse, the beach, the mountains, and waterfalls.
"My favorite color is navy blue and my favorite flower is the daisy.
"I am a Christian and I enjoy attending church.
"I consider myself to be sensitive, caring, and kind-hearted.
"I'm currently serving a life sentence on the charge of murder. I have grown and matured a lot since my incarceration, but I will always hurt for the pain I´ve caused so many, especially my children.
"I hope to receive letters from those who are not judgmental and who are sincere.
"I look forward to hearing from new people and, hopefully, finding new friends.
"May God bless each one of you!
"Please Write Me At:

Susan Smith, Prisoner #221487
Leath Correctional Institution
2809 Airport Rd.
Greenwood SC 29649

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online