Car Seat in 98 Pontiac POLL ADDED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Are the 3 car seats in post 88 the same?

• 1 and 2 are the same

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • 1 and 3 are the same

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • 2 and 3 are the same

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • All 3 are different

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • All 3 are the same

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Not enough detail to say for sure

Votes: 31 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saw it asked in another thread and have been wondering same...

Pic we've all seen of Caylee in a gray carseat w/ "Eddie B." liner is in a car w/ a gray interior. I can't tell if that is the Pontiac, or another car.

Anyone seen decent pics of the interior of the other Anthony cars? Other pics of Caylee around one of the cars w/ a glimpse of a different carseat in it?

Saw it asked in another thread and have been wondering same...

Pic we've all seen of Caylee in a gray carseat w/ "Eddie B." liner is in a car w/ a gray interior. I can't tell if that is the Pontiac, or another car.

Anyone seen decent pics of the interior of the other Anthony cars? Other pics of Caylee around one of the cars w/ a glimpse of a different carseat in it?
After reading Cindy's depo..I think the carseat has become an issue and is worth re-sleuthing. The state is very interested in the 2 carseats. Cindy claims she has hers still in the attic. They are both Eddie Bauer carseats. The pic of Caylee in the car is in a black and grey eddie bauer (not black and white as Cindy claims) and it is Caseys car. If you look at Exhibit #9 in the depo (colored version provided by Musikman)
you can see the window panel is the same line and same color, and you can see the back window so it can't be Cindy's 4Runner. I am wondering if Cindy switched the carseats before LE impounded the car.

bumping - some very observant sleuthers theorize that there are two EB carseats that may have been changed out, that is, the one from CA's car was placed into the Pontiac. Where is the other carseat now? Could it be a source of evidence?

lizzysf, I didn't know you were here - great!

After reading Cindy's depo..I think the carseat has become an issue and is worth re-sleuthing. The state is very interested in the 2 carseats. Cindy claims she has hers still in the attic. They are both Eddie Bauer carseats. The pic of Caylee in the car is in a black and grey eddie bauer (not black and white as Cindy claims) and it is Caseys car. If you look at Exhibit #9 in the depo (colored version provided by Musikman)
you can see the window panel is the same line and same color, and you can see the back window so it can't be Cindy's 4Runner. I am wondering if Cindy switched the carseats before LE impounded the car.

lizzy, thanks for the bump. The attic---why of all places would someone put an item like that in the attic? (rhetorical question......) The garage was out---LE was all over the garage. Back porch, yard, etc......anywhere highly visible. IMO, if that seat is in the attic it was to try and keep it from LE as long as possible. I think she incriminated herself by claming it's in the attic, b/c she knew anything Caylee used on a regular basis would be important for LE and the FBI to examine, so why stash something like that in the attic? She was hiding it. And I think you are onto something......she could have easily switched the seats. Did SB from Johnson's notice anything about the car seat? (It's been so long since I read his LE interview and I think this case has short circuited some of my memory.....) I think I will review that......just to see......

Here are the results of the tests done on the carseat that was taken by OSCO and forwarded to the FBI for testing.

http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0929/21147593.pdf

All it notes is that item Q45 (carseat) is being stored. It then says in a written communication that they will visually look at it for stains. Then further down it asks "shall we vacuum the carseat for samples?" And then further down again it says nothing has been done with the carseat or passenger seat of the car. There are no carseat results.

Why is OSCO interested in Cindy's carseat now in Aug 09 on the depo? Why are they questioning her as to whether she still has it?

I have looked at the photo of Caylee in the carseat in Casey's car, and the photo of the carseat in the back of the car after Cindy and George retrieved it. They look like the same carseat to me--black and gray Eddie Bauer. What is the reason we think that the carseats might have been switched?

Why in the depo does Cindy say Casey's car seat is black and white when you can see in the photo of Caylee in the car in the Eddie Bauer carseat it is clearly black and charcoal grey? She is disassociating herself from knowledge of what the carseat looks like. It clearly has Eddie Bauer written acro9ss the seat in plain sight.. and if Cindy's carseat is also Eddie Bauer you think she would know this information, yet in the depo she claims not to remember the brand on Caseys. Read depo Part I pages 68-69. There is definetely something going on. They are asking here questions that I think would indicate they are comparing her answers to a picture they have.. I totally think she switched carseats.
I think we will see George as the back-up alibi on the carseat...he changes his story about the last time he saw Casey and Caylee from...said goodbye, they left...to... walked them out and helped her into the car. Expect to hear from George which carseat he saw in the car that day.

On the last page of the link above, page No. 8417, there is a description of the car seat that was turned over to the FBI by OSCO.
It reads:

Q47 car seat
(plastic side surface)

One black/gray/red "Eddie Bauer" child's car seat, worn.

Faint Brown areas throughout.

Please note that the Q47 number is the one assigned by the FBI. Another identifying number exists (Q45 from property form H-52025) which was assigned by OSCO. JWG explained once how the FBI assigns new numbers for their system. Also I read that OSCO had not processed the car seat in any way - "nothing had been done to it" - other than to box it loose and send it to the FBI (item #30 on a list).

There is a Chain of Custody Log that indicates when the car seat was taken in and out of the Evidence Storage location.

All it notes is that item Q45 (carseat) is being stored. It then says in a written communication that they will visually look at it for stains. Then further down it asks "shall we vacuum the carseat for samples?" And then further down again it says nothing has been done with the carseat or passenger seat of the car. There are no carseat results.

Why is OSCO interested in Cindy's carseat now in Aug 09 on the depo? Why are they questioning her as to whether she still has it?

It is very tedious to read these reports and I, at least, cannot tell if they are inclusive, etc.

As I have posted above, I found a more thorough description of the carseat in custody of the FBI. How does this prove or despell our line of inquiry as to if it is the same carseat that was said to have been in KC's car all along?

I have looked at the photo of Caylee in the carseat in Casey's car, and the photo of the carseat in the back of the car after Cindy and George retrieved it. They look like the same carseat to me--black and gray Eddie Bauer. What is the reason we think that the carseats might have been switched?
I looked too. A few theories. Either Cindy is lying about the colors of the 2 Eddie Bauer seats they owned, or the OSCO pic is not displaying very well that it could in fact be brown tones..like in the taupe range looking like it could be grey in the photo and not the "tan and brown" like Cindy calls it. I looked up Eddie Bauer carseats and have found many varieties in the taupe-looking color range. If you look at the light and dark values of both photos side by side, comparing each part of the seats, it does open that to question. Even with difference in lighting when the photos were taken. I bet both seats they purchased are the same Eddie Bauer model and purchased together... I don't believe her when she says in the depo that Casey purchased her own.

Just covering all the bases I guess.

It is very tedious to read these reports and I, at least, cannot tell if they are inclusive, etc.

As I have posted above, I found a more thorough description of the carseat in custody of the FBI. How does this prove or despell our line of inquiry as to if it is the same carseat that was said to have been in KC's car all along?

Do you have a link to the more descriptive version of the carseat in OSCO's posession? I have looked and came up empty handed. Nothing at this point is proven or dispelled... but I do believe with the info in the depo, it is worth questioning.

On the last page of the link above, page No. 8417, there is a description of the car seat that was turned over to the FBI by OSCO.
It reads:

Q47 car seat
(plastic side surface)

Please note that the Q47 number is the one assigned by the FBI. Another identifying number exists (Q45 from property form H-52025) which was assigned by OSCO. JWG explained once how the FBI assigns new numbers for their system. Also I read that OSCO had not processed the car seat in any way - "nothing had been done to it" - other than to box it loose and send it to the FBI (item #30 on a list).

There is a Chain of Custody Log that indicates when the car seat was taken in and out of the Evidence Storage location.

OK, so the one LE took out of the car was black and gray, and the one in the pic of Caylee in Casey's car was black and gray, so there doesn't appear to have been any switch. If Cindy has a brown and tan one, it doesn't look like she put it in Casey's car. Cindy's claim that Casey's carseat was black and white is pretty obviously wrong, based on the picture of Caylee in the carseat.

It reads:

Q47 car seat
(plastic side surface)

Thankyou! So it is grey.. one question out of the way. There is still something going on with the carseat questions though I believe.

"black, gray, red "Eddie Bauer" child's car seat, worn - per FBI.

OK, so the one LE took out of the car was black and gray, and the one in the pic of Caylee in Casey's car was black and gray, so there doesn't appear to have been any switch. If Cindy has a brown and tan one, it doesn't look like she put it in Casey's car. Cindy's claim that Casey's carseat was black and white is pretty obviously wrong, based on the picture of Caylee in the carseat.

Cindy cannot afford to be careless at this time. She should try not to misspeak as she draws suspicion onto herself.
Nobody believes anything she says anymore.

Plus we know by now that the A's are the types that if they say it, then it is true. People want to see proof now more than ever.

I wonder too about the seat cover being changed. They asked Cindy about removable seat cover.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back