Car Seat in 98 Pontiac POLL ADDED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Are the 3 car seats in post 88 the same?

• 1 and 2 are the same

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • 1 and 3 are the same

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • 2 and 3 are the same

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • All 3 are different

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • All 3 are the same

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Not enough detail to say for sure

Votes: 31 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a question for the "Legal Eagles" here. Is it normal for the prosecution to not ask questions such as "Did you swap carseats?" Do you hold back asking questions until the trial? I would think that you would ask such questions if that was a theory so that you could either debunk it or get a lie under oath so as to create the waiver of immunity. Are there some questions that you don't ask because you don't want the defense to know your strategy? Thanks in advance.

If KC hit Caylee while in the car seat and knocked out a tooth I would think there would be blood on the Pontiac car seat also. Ever seen a child fall and cut their head? Blood vessels are very close to the skin in the head. Consequently any cut to the head or mouth produces a lot of blood.

I have a question for the "Legal Eagles" here. Is it normal for the prosecution to not ask questions such as "Did you swap carseats?" Do you hold back asking questions until the trial? I would think that you would ask such questions if that was a theory so that you could either debunk it or get a lie under oath so as to create the waiver of immunity. Are there some questions that you don't ask because you don't want the defense to know your strategy? Thanks in advance.
I think they are both holding back and asking the questions.. They asked..Did you remove anything else from the car? Did you hide any evidence? All during the carseat questioning.

How about this? What if LE got a tipster call. Someone that says.. I worked at such and such store and I recognized Casey and Cindy on TV and remember them coming into the store and buying 2 Eddie Bauer carseats at the same time. Maybe remembering because most people don't buy 2 at the same time for 1 child?
LE wants to know what stores they shopped at in the depo. LE could have already dug up that record of purchase from such and such store. They catch Cindy in a lie saying Casey bought her seat on her own. Maybe the tipster call is when they discovered there were 2 carseats? Now they are questioning Cindy about her seat?
Just trying to think out of the box here.. bear with me :)

Actually a lot of people buy 2 of the same carseats for one child. I have 2 small kids myself and have tons of friends who have small kids. You normally buy 2, one for each car. Switching a car seat is a big pain the butt, not to mention a lot of people take their car to the police station to make sure they are installed properly. 80% of car seats are not installed properly, that is a huge statistic. Just my 2 cents.

ETA..also another reason people have two is in case say the Mom drops the kids off at daycare and the father picks them up etc.

I think they are both holding back and asking the questions.. They asked..Did you remove anything else from the car? Did you hide any evidence? All during the carseat questioning.

But after that questioning, if they thought that she may have moved the car seat, why didn't they just ask it specifically? They have given the excuse before that they weren't asked that specific question, and they don't give up information freely.

If KC hit Caylee while in the car seat and knocked out a tooth I would think there would be blood on the car seat also. Ever seen a child fall and cut their head? Blood vessels are very close to the skin in the head. Consequently any cut to the head or mouth produces a lot of blood.

I agree the mouth bleeds horribly. My daughter fell and bit her tongue, it bled for 2 hours. I called the Dr. and she said mouths bleed the most.

If the SA has reason to believe Ca exchanged car seats wouldn't they have LE get another search warrant and take the car seat before questioning CA about it? Why tip her off so she can sanitize it again.

If the SA has reason to believe Ca exchanged car seats wouldn't they have LE get another search warrant and take the car seat before questioning CA about it? Why tip her off so she can sanitize it again.

I am not so sure it was a total switch of carseats.. possibly a switch of car seat covers?

Here's my thought process on this. I have to ask why. Why would they need to switch/hide car seats?

What was on the car seat? Blood could be washed off unless it got in the cracks or maybe on the straps. Sticky duct tape residue couldn't be wiped off as easily, and would collect fibers.

Can we see the one in the attic? Is it the brown/tan one?

Were maggots on the car seat, and Cindy did make a switch?

Why are they questioning CA specifically about those car seats?

GA will say he buckled Caylee into which ever color car seat Cindy tells him to.

Now, I've got to ask a what question? What happened to make the car seat have to be tampered with or hidden?

Yes, as someone mentioned, Cindy had time to wash the knife and the pants. And so, I doubt Cindy just sprayed Febreze without wiping down that car. After scrubbing that smell out as best she could, she then actually ate her sandwich, and went back to work! She didn't even know what had happened at that point. It does make you wonder, doesn't it?

I agree with all of you who think this is worth thinking about, and trying to find out more. It isn't a matter of LE not doing enough, but the fact that evidence has been tampered with by the suspect's family, as I see it.

P.S. BTW, there's a whole long interesting thread about the Mama doll.

I will say that I could be overthinking it, which is a tendency of mine, so bear that in mind.....

But, the statement she made that the car seat is in the attic is telling to me. It just seems like an odd place to put it. Not odd if you are trying to hide it, but if you are cooperating w/ LE and know they have been interested in virtually everything that Caylee came in contact w/ in the A home and vehicles, why would you put it in such an out of the way place?

No use for it anymore? Sad but true.

If KC hit Caylee while in the car seat and knocked out a tooth I would think there would be blood on the Pontiac car seat also. Ever seen a child fall and cut their head? Blood vessels are very close to the skin in the head. Consequently any cut to the head or mouth produces a lot of blood.

This brings up another related but semi off topic topic. I was reading today part of CA's depo where she begins explaining that new seat covers for the Pontiac should have been in the trunk too but that as far as she knows, they never got around to installing them onto the seats. She said the reason for them was that the actual seats in the Pontiac were becoming worn in spots.

My questions are, why would she bring this up, do we know for a fact that the Pontiac did not have seat covers on/in it, and were there new seat covers in the trunk waiting to be installed?

iirc CA just rattled this info off as she was stating that although she didn't often go into the trunk of the Pontiac, the last time she did, she recalled the following items - then she tells of the new seat covers there.

Where are they?

Could they have been on the seats of the Pontiac but removed if the crime did happened in the car?

Also CIndy was talking of a garage sale and she sold many of Caylee's clothes because she wanted them to go to good use. Why didn't she sell the carseat as well? I do believe she washed the covers. She can always say she made a mistake and forgot which cover went on which carseat, or they were so filthy she took it upon herself to clean them. Makes her actions unassuming.

I am not so sure it was a total switch of carseats.. possibly a switch of car seat covers?

And what do you think the "brown spots throughout" statement refers too?

Wasn't it discussed once in another thread that Arm and Hammer brand laundry detergent will destroy blood related findings - am I remembering this wrong? That's the brand that the A's have next to their washing machine.

I know sometimes I can't quite get a stain out and it will leave a brown discoloration. If you don't wash blood out immediately, it will do that.

For what ever reason, CA knew she had to clean that pontiac pronto, and I think she knew how difficult cleaning the car seat would be. I'll bet they owned more than 2 car seats, probably 2 Eddie Bauer black & gray. CA most likely bought 2 Eddie B at the same time and possibly SA has proof. Can't see casey wasting her stolen $$ on a car seat for caylee. Maybe SA looked into "recall notices" sent in by CA, I know I'm faithful about sending these in.

Between my home and SUV, I have 6 car seats for my grandkids, cuz I don't share with DIL's, too difficult to move from car to car and they keep em' as clean as I do! Sippy cups leak, french fries, cookies, etc get wedged in those tiny..tiny little spots. We all have "extra" car seats, and I store the used ones that I've replaced. Yeap, I am the car seat cleaner for all in my family.

I think CA would not want the car seat to look and smell like it was just cleaned. IMO, she had GA toss it out on his way to work that day, cuz she knew she had another one just like it.

For what ever reason, CA knew she had to clean that pontiac pronto, and I think she knew how difficult cleaning the car seat would be. I'll bet they owned more than 2 car seats, probably 2 Eddie Bauer black & gray. CA most likely bought 2 Eddie B at the same time and possibly SA has proof. Can't see casey wasting her stolen $$ on a car seat for caylee. Maybe SA looked into "recall notices" sent in by CA, I know I'm faithful about sending these in.

Between my home and SUV, I have 6 car seats for my grandkids, cuz I don't share with DIL's, too difficult to move from car to car and they keep em' as clean as I do! Sippy cups leak, french fries, cookies, etc get wedged in those tiny..tiny little spots. We all have "extra" car seats, and I store the used ones that I've replaced. Yeap, I am the car seat cleaner for all in my family.

I think CA would not want the car seat to look and smell like it was just cleaned. IMO, she had GA toss it out on his way to work that day, cuz she knew she had another one just like it.
They do have 2 carseats.. Cindy says hers is Eddie Bauer and Caseys is unknown brand.. (it's also Eddie Bauer).. No one has seen Cindy's but she claims it is brown and tan, and claims to still have it in her attic. The depo covers alot of questioning about the 2 carseats. Hinky, Hinky.

Or hold another garage sale. :doh:

Also CIndy was talking of a garage sale and she sold many of Caylee's clothes because she wanted them to go to good use. Why didn't she sell the carseat as well? I do believe she washed the covers. She can always say she made a mistake and forgot which cover went on which carseat, or they were so filthy she took it upon herself to clean them. Makes her actions unassuming.

She did? I hadn't seen this post when I made the comment above. :eek:

She did? I hadn't seen this post when I made the comment above. :eek:

I'm confused about this b/c when I read it, CA was talking about in the past or so I thought. I don't think she was talking about since Caylee passed away in regards to holding yard sales.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi
Back