Carnival Ship Stranded in Gulf of Mexico

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm fond of alliteration. Sorry if it offended you. I'm sure that this was a "tragedy" to those onboard. :moo:

I don't think it's that bad. They have a great story to tell and no doubt a free, all expenses paid cruise, in a first class cabin to boot. Never been on Carnival. RCCL is the way to go IMO.

Carnival Bus Breaks Down Carrying Passengers Who Were Aboard Cruise Ship

Passengers who were aboard the disabled Carnival cruise ship couldn’t even catch a break on land.

CBS News reports that one of the buses carrying passengers from Mobile, Ala., to New Orleans broke down.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/02...rying-passengers-who-were-aboard-cruise-ship/

Somebody on that ship has some bad mojo.

OMG!! I was telling my husband last night, watch, one of the buses will break down. I have seen way to many buses by the side of the road.

CNN has a special program on now that is called Triumph Tragedy. As I said previously when I used this alliterative description of the voyage, some folks who were onboard the ship felt that the circumstances were tragic. :moo:

I don't think it's that bad. They have a great story to tell and no doubt a free, all expenses paid cruise, in a first class cabin to boot. Never been on Carnival. RCCL is the way to go IMO.

Meh, it won't be such a great story if someone ends up sick from being exposed to body waste for days (it was all over every floor). The last thing I'd want after an experience like that is another cruisej unless it was on a reputable line, not Carnival.

And believe it or not, there are people like me who would have lost their job even though there is a good reason for it. My company's policy is 3 unexcused absences and goodbye and a cruise ship's fire isn't an excused absence, especially when it's lengthening a vacation they barely let me take anyway.

CNN has a special program on now that is called Triumph Tragedy. As I said previously when I used this alliterative description of the voyage, some folks who were onboard the ship felt that the circumstances were tragic. :moo:

I understood exactly what you meant, no worries.

Sounds more like CNN is using that name for sensationalism.
An entire TV special on this? Really? :waitasec:
If the people on the ship thought this was tragic, they haven't been through a real tragedy. Why don't they take a tour of the Jersey Shore after Sandy...Or many other areas....

Meh, it won't be such a great story if someone ends up sick from being exposed to body waste for days (it was all over every floor). The last thing I'd want after an experience like that is another cruisej unless it was on a reputable line, not Carnival.

And believe it or not, there are people like me who would have lost their job even though there is a good reason for it. My company's policy is 3 unexcused absences and goodbye and a cruise ship's fire isn't an excused absence, especially when it's lengthening a vacation they barely let me take anyway.

I usually have the utmost respect for CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta, but he continually minimized the possibility of illness that would result from passenger exposure to raw sewage and human feces in his comments about the Triumph :what: Other medical reporters have said the opposite, and that anyone who starts to have symptoms of illness in the coming days should see their physician. Children, older adults, and those with compromised health issues are more vulnerable than healthy people.

The report/video of a local passenger (Saline, MI) is no longer available on the WDIV site, but the woman is diabetic and didn't have enough insulin to last through the entire ordeal. She also had difficulty keeping her supply stored probably without refrigeration or ice. She also developed a terrible rash on one of her feet - it looked awful :eek: The woman headed for her doctor's office immediately after arrival at DTW late Friday afternoon.

I realize that the odds of something like this happening again are very small, but it gives me pause to reconsider whether or not cruising is the best way to travel. Bon Voyage!

We weren't on the ship, so it's impossible to know exactly what these passengers experienced. Doesn't sound pleasant to me, and I'm generally a patient, tolerant person.

The compensation package indicates that passengers can select a 3-5 day voyage based on availability or receive a 15% discount on a longer cruise. Unless they were booked in a balcony stateroom or suite for which they paid a premium price, I doubt that everyone would be entitled to a "luxury" cabin - probably something similar to their shipboard accommodations on the Triumph.

DH and I sailed on RCI a few times but have stayed with Princess which seems a better fit for our age and interests. Now that we're Elite, we receive a lot of nice onboard perks that we wouldn't get on another line. We've been looking forward to sailing on the new Royal Princess that debuts this June, but I don't think we'll rush into booking just yet.

Coast Guard: Oil leak started cruise ship fire

No indication the leak aboard Carnival Triumph was intentional

Author: By Mike M. Ahlers and Sandra Endo CNN

Published On: Feb 18 2013 03:21:33 PM EST Updated On: Feb 18 2013 03:25:06 PM EST

WASHINGTON (CNN) -
The fire that crippled the Carnival cruise ship Triumph started with a leak in a fuel-oil return line connected to the ship's No. 6 generator, the U.S. Coast Guard said Monday.

Leaking oil hit a hot surface, starting the fire, said Teresa Hatfield, the lead investigator for the Coast Guard. Hatfield said there was no indication the leak was intentional...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/lifes...fire/-/2305824/18594196/-/3m2tfm/-/index.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back