Cases possibly of interest for the LISK case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How and when did that happen?
Was Maureen's phone ON at that time?
NYPD looks into one of the latest contacts with Maureen (as the individual is an NYPD officer) but not the very last call?

The NYPD officer was her last booked incall, if memory serves. It certainly wasn't her last call, though.

I believe Meltruth said the killer found MBB on Backpage.

I don't recall Mel ever saying this. And with all due respect, we have no earthy clue who killed Maureen, so it's a huge assumption to state that it was a client who found her on Backpage. Did she list herself on Backpage? Yes. Does that mean, with any degree of certainty, that the man who killed her was a client she booked through Backpage? No. Let's not forget that Maureen had already checked out of her room and was looking for rides back to Connecticut at the time of her disappearance. It's equally possible that she phoned someone she knew in NY (I won't name any names), and got a ride from this person. Or was offered an opportunity to make some extra cash by this person. Or any number of other possible scenarios. If we don't know who killed Maureen (and obviously, we don't), then we can't state it as a fact that her killer found her on Backpage.

JMO

I'm sorry.... I know this is not the right thread... but I can't seem to find the right one..

Did LE at anytime release an image of the blanket that the child was wrapped in? If not...why not??

The more I think about how this case has been handled....mmm....seems like a bunch of EGOS getting in the way of finding the truth???

I'm currently following an Australian case where the police are releasing as much physical evidence as they possibly can -..... without hurting their case...... it seems like common sense - give out as much as you, with the hope someone from the public could give you that vital clue..

Again sorry...wasn't sure where to post this comment.

I'm sorry.... I know this is not the right thread... but I can't seem to find the right one..

Did LE at anytime release an image of the blanket that the child was wrapped in? If not...why not??

The more I think about how this case has been handled....mmm....seems like a bunch of EGOS getting in the way of finding the truth???

I'm currently following an Australian case where the police are releasing as much physical evidence as they possibly can -..... without hurting their case...... it seems like common sense - give out as much as you, with the hope someone from the public could give you that vital clue..

Is this the thread you are looking for?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ston-Harbor-Female-Toddler-June-2015-2/page44

If it is, click on "thread tools" at the top right area of thread. Then click "add subscription" this will put the thread in your list of subscriptions. Then later click "quick links" to find "subscriptions" hope this helps.

BBM

To the best of my knowledge, LE never released any photos or descriptions of the blanket. As to why they chose not to do that...I have no idea. Perhaps it was a very generic, indistinct blanket...perhaps it was too degraded to be of any use...perhaps LE simply wants to keep the details close to the vest. :dunno:

Mountain Kat With all due respect, cool your engines. My mistake. I believe the killer found the girls on graigs list and backpage. Got the information he needed and then stalked them.

I found a short documentary. Google sixty minutes- australia- long island ripper.

Seems to me like LE have released zero evidence to the public .... to seek assistance ...when they have a multitude of evidence!! how many victims are there? and they can't give an inch...either their hopelessly incompetent or their heads are so far up their own arses wanting to be "the one" to solve these series of crimes... so good luck with that!..... These crimes won't be solved until they admit their hopelessly stuck and need some help...... maybe they don't see the victims worthy of them admitting their own shortcomings????

There needs to be an avalanche of requests from the public for some outcomes on this case.....accountability for what the hell has or is being done....but no.... nothing...guess no one cares enough???? Release images of the Burlap if that was what they wrapped in....release images of the blanket the infant/toddler was wrapt in.....You got nothing it seems...

Puggle, I agree with you. I think LE wants this case to go away. All they have to do is release snippets of the killers voice to the public. Someone will recognize it. Maybe thats not enough for them. How do they typically get convictions? CONFESSIONS. They are waiting for someone to walk in off the street and make a confession. How long do they expect the families to wait for justice?

The basic problem is that other than the identity of the victims, they know very little. LE can only investigate clues and leads they have. Once that is all done, and nothing comes of it, there really isn't much more they can do except wait until something else comes up.

Looking for a needle in a haystack is hard enough, but looking for the needle when you have no idea where the haystack is is downright impossible.

As many of you probably know by now I am the last person to make excuses for SCPD. But in this case I have to pretty much agree with TUGELA'S assessment. Where I tend to disagree is the idea of 'finding the haystack'. I think many know exactly where the haystack is and certain powers refuse to allow the detectives look for the needle.

It is tough enough to solve a WHODUNIT without interference, almost impossible with interference. Tom Spota made sure to jump right in when the bodies were found when he should have waited in the wings when the cops needed his legal advice. He did the same thing in the Oheka Castle shooting case. And that is why SPOTA is there - to be a 'traffic cop' to make sure his friends don't get in trouble.

Mountain Kat With all due respect, cool your engines. My mistake. I believe the killer found the girls on graigs list and backpage. Got the information he needed and then stalked them.

If my engines were any cooler, I'd be stalled, Dee Dee. I was merely using your post as a jumping off point...sorry if you felt I was attacking you personally. I probably should have given more thought to how my post was worded.

As many of you probably know by now I am the last person to make excuses for SCPD. But in this case I have to pretty much agree with TUGELA'S assessment. Where I tend to disagree is the idea of 'finding the haystack'. I think many know exactly where the haystack is and certain powers refuse to allow the detectives look for the needle.

It is tough enough to solve a WHODUNIT without interference, almost impossible with interference. Tom Spota made sure to jump right in when the bodies were found when he should have waited in the wings when the cops needed his legal advice. He did the same thing in the Oheka Castle shooting case. And that is why SPOTA is there - to be a 'traffic cop' to make sure his friends don't get in trouble.

Does anyone know whether or not Danse_Macabre has been made aware of the issues with SCPD - like mainly Hawk's info re: Spota and Police Chief James Burke? I wanted to tell them but don't want to repeat what they've already heard...Personally I believe that's a huge reason why we are not seeing any evidence; I'm just not sure who they are protecting...
Tx!

YES, THEY ARE WELL AWARE OF IT. But that shouldn't stop you from reinforcing this information.

If my engines were any cooler, I'd be stalled, Dee Dee. I was merely using your post as a jumping off point...sorry if you felt I was attacking you personally. I probably should have given more thought to how my post was worded.
Not a problem. This case is frustrating. I dont know how the families cope. Alot of time has gone by with no arrest. LE should release his f---in voice already.

I always felt this case was more about covering up the truth than it was about solving it. If I am wrong and the day comes I am proven wrong it won't be the first time I have been wrong.

Several things struck me as wrong in the way this has been handled. I don't blame the detectives because I know any good detective would want to solve this case. The fault lies with those that direct the detectives.

Most of you have seen Law and Order on TV more times than you can count. Each show opens up with something like this:

2 very important groups of people are involved" The police that investigate those crimes and the district attorneys that prosecute those crimes. It is a very simple concept of how investigations are supposed to be conducted. Of course the DA is going to take a major role in a crime such as this. But his duty is to assist the detectives when legal advice is needed. DA Spota didn't do that, he jumped right in and had press conferences. He went so far as to criticizing the police commissioner for his theories on the case.

IMO, Spota saw a problem coming out of all this and he jumps in to control it so the truth won't come out if the detectives are allowed to pursue ALL the leads they come up with.

What makes this case even more ridiculous is the Bozo Police Commissioner actually tells the media that the investigators never really told him EVERYTHING. He is an idiot for admitting that.

Then there is the 23 minute 911 call that has never been released. We never hear the tape nor do we get some sort of explanation what was on the tape. What we do get is a detective writing a letter to Newsday stating he heard the tape and he could find anything that suggested MG was in trouble. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN IN THE WORLD OF POLICE.

Then there were those rumors about a dead fellow being the killer. How convenient to blame in on a person that couldn't defend himself. That rumor had to be dispelled by none other than DA Spota. Even that jerk realizes we are in a new world with the Internet that can turn things into BS once the folks get an understanding of what really happened. Trust me that rumor was planned, and not an accident. It just didn't work out the way they hoped it would.

Spota controls the investigation. His former chief investigator is the Chief of Department, or the highest ranking cop in the SCPD. That fellow has been substantiated by his own police department in 1995 as a cop that had a long affair with a drug addicted street walker, in his car having sex with her on many occasions. Twice this same prostitute drove off in his car with his service weapon.

Now that this fellow has been elevated to Chief he was replaced at the DA office by a fellow that went from LT to Deputy Inspector in one day. He went on to become Spota's new chief investigator. In just about a year he was jumped several ranks to that of Chief of Detectives. Which puts another Spotatohead in the middle of the Gilgo investigation under the command of Chief of Department. No, my friends, there is no room for error in this case as the truth must be kept locked up until such time they can find a real suspect, if they ever will.

Hawkshaw, I agree with you that it would appear that LE is stonewalling this case so that no dirty secrets are revealed. I still don't think LE is directly involved with the crimes but I don't think LE want certain stuff to come out. My guess is that several members of LE frequent CL and BP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
there always an answer