Cases possibly of interest for the LISK case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case could use some new factual information. Hope that's what we get, not the same old far fetched theories and innuendo.

Once again the rumor has emerged that a VERY high Suffolk official is going to be arrested sometime near the end of this month or shortly in the beginning of next month. If and when it happens you will know what I am talking about when you see it. IF it happens it will surely get your attention and I expect it will produce a lot of posting by the WE patrons. All we can do it to sit and wait to see if it happens.

I think the FBI took a wrong exit off the LIE and arrested the wrong guy today. The real crooks are further east.

I think the FBI took a wrong exit off the LIE and arrested the wrong guy today. The real crooks are further east.

Don't worry they are on their way. They are understaffed even though they imported agents and ausa's to do the cases. They will get there very soon.

Mom of Gilgo Beach Victim Shannan Gilbert Spoke Out — Weeks Before Her Own Murder

[On July 23, Gilbert was found fatally stabbed in the living room of 27-year-old Sarra’s apartment in Ellenville. Ray tells PEOPLE that Gilbert’s youngest daughter suffers from schizophrenia. “She had been hearing a variety of voices and hallucinating all related to Shannan,” Ray said. “Her mom went to help her, and she is dead.”

http://people.com/crime/shannan. [...s plagued with mental illness. Now we know.

"On July 23, Gilbert was found fatally stabbed in the living room of 27-year-old Sarra’s apartment in Ellenville. Ray tells PEOPLE that Gilbert’s youngest daughter suffers from schizophrenia. “She had been hearing a variety of voices and hallucinating all related to Shannan,” Ray said. “Her mom went to help her, and she is dead.”

Mom of Gilgo Beach Victim Shannan Gilbert Spoke Out — Weeks Before Her Own Murder

http://people.com/crime/shannan-gilb...serial-killer/

One of my favorite true crime podcasts, "The Unresolved Podcast" just released Part One of their look into The Long Island Serial Killer.

https://soundcloud.com/the-unresolved-podcast/14-the-long-island-serial-killer-part-one

Not sure if podcasts classify as "news" but with all the fresh eyes coming into this forum thought this could be a helpful intro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great podcast. I assume there's nothing new in it for the old timers here?

If Shannan was murdered, I think the guy who hired her did it. I think LE gave him a free pass because of his wealth and his position in the community.
It is possible that her death was accidental.
Except the man isn't wealthy and there is ZERO facts to support any accusation that the police detectives and officers assigned to this case gave him any special treatment. so next theory...

That's a great podcast. I assume there's nothing new in it for the old timers here?

Other than some perspective, not really. At least not in part one but most should still appreciate the well written script & narration consistent with this podcast.

For goodness sake, their lawyer has said SG was bi-polar and her sister was schizophrenic. Mentioning it is in no way maligning anyone.

Check yourself. Don't know where you got that , but on Tricia's podcast last night, John Ray was a guest. He vehemently denied that Shannan was bi-polar. He said it was hearsay. Do you need a link? (modsnip)

It was always my point that the family including Shannan was plagued with mental illness.

Now we know.
Except that...

...the mental illness angle, at least with regard to Shannan, was perpetuated by the media, and originally put forth by her ex-bf, as discussed in Tuesday, November 22, 2016, podcast. The family's attorney, John Ray, unequivocally stated that Shannan had never been dx'd with a mental illness, bi-polar, or otherwise.

That said, her behavior, as described by early reports, does raise questions regarding a possible psychotic break with paranoid features, which could arguably be a result of having been slipped a drug. Even so, this is just conjecture on my part, based on early reports that are, in actuality, nothing more than hearsay, as reported by various individuals who may (or not), have their own personal agendas.

Anyway, hope this helps to clarify.

Except that...

...the mental illness angle, at least with regard to Shannan, was perpetuated by the media, and originally put forth by her ex-bf, as discussed in Tuesday, November 22, 2016, podcast. The family's attorney, John Ray, unequivocally stated that Shannan had never been dx'd with a mental illness, bi-polar, or otherwise.

That said, her behavior, as described by early reports, does raise questions regarding a possible psychotic break with paranoid features, which could arguably be a result of having been slipped a drug. Even so, this is just conjecture on my part, based on early reports that are, in actuality, nothing more than hearsay, as reported by various individuals who may (or not), have their own personal agendas.

Anyway, hope this helps to clarify.

It is common for people who have traumatic childhoods to be misdiagnosed as having bipolar disorder due to their difficulty regulating their affect and self destructive behavior. None of these women had happy childhoods. If memory serves, Shannon spent time in foster care. If she was not traumatized before Foster care, she would have been afterwards.

What difference does it make if she was as crazy as a Loon. She was a call girl/prostitute that advertise on Craigs List. The GB4 were of a similar situation. SG went to Brewer's house and ran out ( for whatever reason) screaming for her life. She is dead!

Why complicate the issue more than it has to be.

What difference does it make if she was as crazy as a Loon. She was a call girl/prostitute that advertise on Craigs List. The GB4 were of a similar situation. SG went to Brewer's house and ran out ( for whatever reason) screaming for her life. She is dead!

Why complicate the issue more than it has to be.

I agree. I'd like to add that even if Shannan had an undiagnosed mental illness she would have been more vulnerable to predators. And, on another note if a person seems paranoid it doesn't mean someone is not after him/her.

I struggle with the idea that Shannan walked naked through the prickly reeds in that marsh after taking off her clothes some distance from where she was found. Possible, but I doubt it. Possible mental illness/possible drug use/the possibility of being drugged/ or not--my gut tells someone put her in that marsh. MOO.

I agree. I'd like to add that even if Shannan had an undiagnosed mental illness she would have been more vulnerable to predators. And, on another note if a person seems paranoid it doesn't mean someone is not after him/her.

I struggle with the idea that Shannan walked naked through the prickly reeds in that marsh after taking off her clothes some distance from where she was found. Possible, but I doubt it. Possible mental illness/possible drug use/the possibility of being drugged/ or not--my gut tells someone put her in that marsh. MOO.

Hypothermia can make a person take their clothes off, and it was cold that night. From the Mayo clinic: Symptoms of hypothermia:

Confusion and poor decision-making, such as trying to remove warm clothes

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hypothermia/basics/symptoms/con-20020453

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper