Casey and "The Shack"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
think the book was discovered during the search on 12-11....could be wrong but that is where I recall seeing those pic....

That would be correct. Although the pic was released in the Feb document dump the picture would be from the Dec 11 sweep of the Anthony home.

think the book was discovered during the search on 12-11....could be wrong but that is where I recall seeing those pic....

Thanks. I'm going to look into this. KC was in county jail in December. Since Aug? Can't remember when she went back to jail for good. Wondering if CA "planted" the book in KC's room to "make her look good" or some such nonsense....

Thanks. I'm going to look into this. KC was in county jail in December. Since Aug? Can't remember when she went back to jail for good. Wondering if CA "planted" the book in KC's room to "make her look good" or some such nonsense....

Ripley, IIRC, KC went back to jail for good on Oct. 14th.

As a book merchandiser (who HATES KC) I just had a thought. Some people have stated they noted this book in KC's room as shown on GV. Right? Well, I KNOW this book has only been offered in it's soft cover "trade" EDITION FORMAT FOR JUST SO LONG. wHAT DATE WAS THIS BOOK NOTED IN VIDEOS IN kc"s BEDROOM? I can compare that date with the date of the book's soft cover release.

IIRC the photo was taken by LE during one of the two searches done at the house on or around the Dec 11 discovery of the remains.

ETA: Sorry for repeating what others wrote - I didn't read the rest of the thread before I posted. I also recall Casey was incarcerated this most recent time after the mid October GJ indictment.

I was standing in line waiting to check out yesterday, looking through another book that I was going to buy. This guy behind me started up a conversation with me. We were talking about books and what we like to read. He asked me if I had read "The Shack." He recommended this book also. I bought this book and have not been able to put it down. It is really good!!

If Machiavelli was a woman...The End Justifies the Means

Princess Machiavelli:

"Princesses who set little store by their word but have known how to over-reach men by their cunning have accomplished great things, and in the end got the better of those who trusted to honest dealing. The princess must be a lion, but she must also know how to play the fox. She who wishes to deceive will never fail to find willing dupes. The princess, in short, ought not to quit good courses if she can help it, but should know how to follow evil courses if she must.

A Princess must avoid being despised as well as being hated; therefore courage, wisdom and strength must be apparent in all her actions. Against such a one conspiracy is difficult. That princess is wise who devolves on others those matters that entail responsibility, and may therefore make her odious either to the nobles or to the commons, but reserves to herself the matters that relate to grace and favour."

(From: "Of Maintaining a Princedom" by Prince Machiavelli, modified to suit gender)

Kipling: "The female of the species must be deadlier than the male."

Q- Do you like Kipling?
A- I don't know. I've never Kippled.

Q- Do you smoke after sex?
A- I don't know. I've never looked.

I read the book about 2 months ago,after hearing about it here,other than the fact that a young girl is murdered,by a pervert,I see no connection to this case at all.This book has a lot of religious aspects to it,and this I have not seen from KC,or any of the A"s.Perhaps it was a book suggested by a minister or friend,to one of the A's????

I read the book about 2 months ago,after hearing about it here,other than the fact that a young girl is murdered,by a pervert,I see no connection to this case at all.This book has a lot of religious aspects to it,and this I have not seen from KC,or any of the A"s.Perhaps it was a book suggested by a minister or friend,to one of the A's????

I agree. This book is about finding your own relationship with God. In the storyteller's case, he had to forgive the killer in order to find peace and accept God back into his life after his young daughter was killed. Possibly someone like JG had given it to KC. I could see RG recommending it to his son or anyone else who needed to make God a part of their life again. Maybe it was something that helped JG in his decision to leave LE and he passed it on to KC--they seemed to be talking on a regular basis before Caylee's death.

KC refers to God as "Papa" in the letters. In "The Shack," wasn't God also referred to as "Papa"?

Just curious...

The thing I find most disturbing about The Shack being in KC's room is that this book supports a theory that unrepentant sinners should be forgiven. You get 3 guesses who is "an unrepentant sinner" and the first two guesses don't count. :wink:

I think you might be right. The note God wrote to the Dad to show up at the Shack was signed Papa,I believe. It seems like the mom (wife) in the story referred to God as Papa.But I DO remember that once at the Shack,God turned out to be an older,Black woman who could really cook.
I think I'll pull that back out tonite. I think of it often .

I haven't read this entire thread, but will. I started reading the book a while back but it depressed me so badly that I couldn't finish it. Looking forward to reading everyone's posts and your thoughts on any similarities to this case.

Here's the pic of the armoire in KC's room with the book (it's difficult to see but on the left side - top blue-bound book):

theshack.jpg

http://www.wesh.com/slideshow/news/18741575/detail.html

You have great eyes, sheshe! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemisslegal
GREAT FIND!! she did say " they did not even find the clothes yet" or something of that sort.the book refernce the comment of bloody clothes you mentioned in your post

wow! I was going to post exactly what you said before i read your post!
I agree a lot in common with the evil one.
Wow....the similarities are really creepy. What was KC thinking? That LE couldn't arrest her because they first had to find Caylee's clothes/clues r/t her murder just like in The Shack? Bizarre!!!

I haven't read this entire thread, but will. I started reading the book a while back but it depressed me so badly that I couldn't finish it. Looking forward to reading everyone's posts and your thoughts on any similarities to this case.

Here's the pic of the armoire in KC's room with the book (it's difficult to see but on the left side - top blue-bound book):

theshack.jpg

http://www.wesh.com/slideshow/news/18741575/detail.html

You have great eyes, sheshe! :)
If you enlarge the pic, you can see that the pages are somewhat evenly pressed together. It appears that someone (KC?) has bent the binding or read through some of this book.

I read "The Shack" a long time ago. I would never, never have connected it to this murder in any way. The main theme of the book is about one's relationship with the Trinity and trying to put an answer to the age old question of why bad things happen to good people. "The ends justifying the means" was in no way the main point of the book and as many posters have previously stated is an age old expression. While the majority of my friends and acquaintances liked the book and felt it made them feel that a relationship with God could be more personal than they had imagined, I did not care for it. I can't imagine it had any impact on Casey; obviously, God wasn't a player for her during this portion of her life.

Bolding by me.

EU, is "bad things happen to good people" in the book or your own words? I remember reading that exact phrase in Casey's jail letters to Robin last night.

And Casey is full quotes she has picked up along the way. She also stated in the letters that one has to lose their old life in order to be reborn, in her twisted mind, I got the impression she thought she re-birthed Caylee and did her a favor "in the loving arms of God".

The greatest similarity I find here is that in so many of Casey's contraband notes she keeps referring to God as "Daddy." In this book God the Father is referred to as "Papa." I wonder how she acquired the book and if she really read it. Do you think that's why she calls our Lord by such an intimate, common name as "Daddy?"

After my reading I'm not sure I'm 100% with all of the author's views but am certain that Casey must have missed the most salient and valuable points of the the novel. What's everyone else's take?

^ If she looked through this book, she searched for ways to use its information to exploit others....just like she does with everything else in which she comes in contact.

This book is about finding your own relationship with God. In the storyteller's case, he had to forgive the killer in order to find peace and accept God back into his life after his young daughter was killed.

Snipped by me.

:waitasec: Anyone else getting this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members