Casey and "The Shack"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Shack has been very popular for the past several years. I just read it a couple of months ago on the advice of a friend to understand another point of view on the trinity. Anyway, the other similarity is they do end up finding the skeleton remains of the little girl. The the dad reestablishes his relationship with Father, Son & the Holy Spirit, they lead him to the little girls body and they bury her in the woods by the shack in a garden. The wife did call god "Papa"; and IIRC god does go into detail about what people call him and I do think daddy came up. I'd go get my book to see, but the husband is sleeping and the book is in my nightstand.

Bolding by me.

EU, is "bad things happen to good people" in the book or your own words? I remember reading that exact phrase in Casey's jail letters to Robin last night.

And Casey is full quotes she has picked up along the way. She also stated in the letters that one has to lose their old life in order to be reborn, in her twisted mind, I got the impression she thought she re-birthed Caylee and did her a favor "in the loving arms of God".

Eidetic, I read it a long time ago and can't tell you if it was a direct quote or my own insight of the main theme. But it's almost irrelevant because Casey has used so, so many phrases that Christians are wont to use. I think she must have picked them up when she was with the Grund family (chameleon that she is). But you are certainly on point that she could now be consoling herself in that she did Caylee a favor by delivering Caylee into heaven. Key word here is "consoling." The book, as I recall, is big on forgiveness, repentance, intimacy with the Trinity and acceptance. I think, if Casey read it, she skipped the repentance portion! And, you know, that might not even be true ~ I can believe she said to God that she was sorry; I just don't see the proof of that sorrow. But please forgive my skepticism; it surely is not mine to judge!! God knows!

But I must also add that I don't believe that religiousousity was the motivation for Casey to murder her child (like that poor woman who drowned all her babes in the the bath tub). This is just another of her character cloaks she has donned to fit in with her new "bestest best friend." It's, at best, a total rationalization and more likely just digging in her soul to try to come up with the best she can manage.

I cry.

Yes. Throughout the whole book.

It's been a couple of years since I read the book which had an amazingly profound effect on me. I had a "hell and brimstone" childhood upbringing so any other concept, aside from new-age woo-woo stuff, of looking at Christianity or God/the trinity was quite intriguing.

Correct me if I'm wrong - but I don't recall any fire, damnation or retribution in the book - all quite gentle and understanding. It seems to me Casey would be drawn to "that God" thinking if she said "oh sorry God - I killed Caylee" then all would be well.

Beats thinking about burning in hell for your actions I guess. Forgiveness vs Fire? Sure!

I hate to say this, but I also see Edgar Allen Poe,
Could these be how to do it, ideas?
Would you have to read the whole book for kc's
infamous phrases about the clothes,The End Justifies the Means,
kidnapping, forgiveness, or just a couple chapters?
In jail LE says kc reads ALLOT.........maybe she did read it cover to cover?

The Telltale Heart-shaped Sticker? Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Goldie

I gotta learn to catch up on the thread before posting.

The book is about a man who is on a vacation with his children, and two of them are flip a canoe and while he is saving them, someone kidnaps his daughter. They only find her bloddy dress, never her body. The killer leaves a "ladybug" stick pin at the kidnapp scene.
It is mostly a spiritual book about this father coming to find peace after the death of his daughter. It is a very good book. I am not quite through with it, but I just found it VERY weird seeing it on the shelf in Casey's closet. Then last night, I nearly jumped out of my skin when I read that passage.

-------------
Hi sheshe, the killer leaves a "ladybug" stickpin ~ Caylees' was a heart shaped sticker..Thanks so much for telling us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV