Casey Anthony Legal Defense Strategies #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey said the last person she saw with Caylee was Zanny! If (Hypothetical here) Zanny was in fact ...CA, and Caylee died from negligence while with CA, it was not an accident (re: negligence) and KC doesn't feel responsible for it. If her mother told her to (if you want a roof over your head in the future), would KC lie to protect this hypothetical negligent act? Would she be willing to dispose of the corpse and make it look like a kidnapping? What we don't know from the evidence already is>>>>>>Where she was killed, what exactly killed her, what time she actually died, and who had care custody and control over her at "that" time.

Since KC's statement to LE was the 'nanny took her' I didn't think the defence could come to trial with an accident story. Wouldn't they need to provide that to the SA prior? I was under the impression that either side can not bring anything that wasn't made available thru discovery. I could be incorrect but seems to me they are stuck with the imaginary nanny defence. (?)

JB does not have to present a story at all. He only has to convince a jury (or juror for a hung jury) that the state has not proven their case. That is the only thing that he can present in a logical manner. Presenting a story that is going to come undone is a really bad strategy.

That being said, stories are changed before going to trial all the time.
Think about how many people confess, then enter a not guilty plea, and brush of the confession. Nothing JB can do is likely to get her aquitted. His best shot is a technicality which would be like winning the lottery. After that he better have a hell of a reason that the state hasn't proved their case. He will never convince a jury that she is innocent, but he might (not likely) convince someone that the state has not fulfilled their obligation.

"We can't tell you what happened to Caylee because just like the state, we do not know what happened. We won't insult the jury's intelligence by weaving the evidence in this case into a storyline and trying to convince you there are not holes in it. We will show you that that is exactly what the state has done, pieced together a story, a story that you will agree at the end of this trial doesn't make sense let alone PROVE my client killed her beloved child."

I'm not worried about SODDI or SONDI. The inescapable fact remains that KC is her natural guardian and KC had control and custody over this child. If Caylee was an adult, or even a teen, they may be able to suggest that others had opportunity. However, as a toddler, any opportunity anyone may have had was given to them by KC. If KC doesn't tell to whom she gave that opportunity, then there was no opportunity given, kwim? No juror will believe that a mother or anyone would sit quietly and not point the finger at the real murderer.

Tweety933's scenario is the closest I've seen to credible because covering for one's mother could be considered a strong motivator to lie. (As it was KC's baby that died, I don't personally think many will believe it but concede some may.) But imo this will also fail due to all of the evidence pointing to KC, not CA; it being KC's trunk, not CA's; CA reporting after 31 days, not KC; KC's lack of grief at Blockbuster within hours of Caylee's death or at any time; etc. etc. etc. etc.

Casey said the last person she saw with Caylee was Zanny! If (Hypothetical here) Zanny was in fact ...CA, and Caylee died from negligence while with CA, it was not an accident (re: negligence) and KC doesn't feel responsible for it. If her mother told her to (if you want a roof over your head in the future), would KC lie to protect this hypothetical negligent act? Would she be willing to dispose of the corpse and make it look like a kidnapping? What we don't know from the evidence already is>>>>>>Where she was killed, what exactly killed her, what time she actually died, and who had care custody and control over her at "that" time.

On tv kidnappers put tape over a victim's mouth so they can't scream. Kidnapping theory doesn't explain duct tape over nasal passages.

bbm

Exactly the point I've been trying to make. KC is the sole guardian of Caylee and any custody/control change must go through KC, ergo, KC knows who she gave custody to and therefore, who is likely to be the murderer or who would know who did the deed. KC not telling anyone to whom she passed control of Caylee shows that she didn't. It's not reasonable for a mother to protect their child's murderer in most circumstances and even less reasonable to protect their child's murderer to the tune of years in jail and possibly death penalty.

Without the time of death, I don't see how anyone can provide an alibi for "that" time. I'd really like to see that LE thoroughly eliminated GA and CA as possible suspects in Caylee's death. I realize that the decomp in Casey's trunk (the title being in CA&GA's name), at the very minimum provides proof of tampering with a corpse charge. Casey's comment to her mother in one of the jailhouse visits which stated something similar to "Don't worry I haven't said anything", is bothersome to me, and WHAT IF.....CA is actually Zanny at the moment of Caylee's death? Playing the devils advocate here, If I can imagine this, the defense can dream it up, too, so SA needs to be prepared!

I think the jury is going to have to rely on the evidence and the statements made. Casey, herself, admits she was the last one with Caylee. Saying she dropped her off at the imaginary nanny really can't count. We have phone pings, videos, and all kinds of evidence to determine a most likely time of death, and who was with Caylee. But yes, I agree, Casey and the Anthony family said some things that make you wonder. In the end, JMO, it seems Casey did it, and they'd like to cover it up is all.

Worst case scenario (as a hypothetical), KC takes the stand, is proven to be a liar, but states that CA was responsible for the negligent death of Caylee (neither GA or LA knew of it until July 15th), and because it would be financially devestating to the family, they (KC & CA at first, all the family after July 15th) decided to cover it up and make it look like a kidnapping just in case someone pushed them to produce an alive Caylee. IMO, that would have been GA insisting, and CA doing the grunt work (let me deal with her GA, you are too upset, oh, and let me drive the car home from the towyard too, you are soooooo upset!) KWIM.

That would explain why all the evidence is directed back to the Anthony home. Maybe, it was CA that directed the blue screen of death, and not KC. Just theorizing here.
The SA needs to be prepared for this type of strategy, and the defense hasn't released much of it's own discovery that I'm aware of, and the trial isn't until 2010 at the earliest, so if this is the direction they plan to go by throwing CA under the bus, what evidence do we have to prove KC is more of a liar than CA? Because if they are BOTH proven liars, who knows which version is the truth?

I'm not worried about SODDI or SONDI. The inescapable fact remains that KC is her natural guardian and KC had control and custody over this child. If Caylee was an adult, or even a teen, they may be able to suggest that others had opportunity. However, as a toddler, any opportunity anyone may have had was given to them by KC. If KC doesn't tell to whom she gave that opportunity, then there was no opportunity given, kwim? No juror will believe that a mother or anyone would sit quietly and not point the finger at the real murderer.

Tweety933's scenario is the closest I've seen to credible because covering for one's mother could be considered a strong motivator to lie. (As it was KC's baby that died, I don't personally think many will believe it but concede some may.) But imo this will also fail due to all of the evidence pointing to KC, not CA; it being KC's trunk, not CA's; CA reporting after 31 days, not KC; KC's lack of grief at Blockbuster within hours of Caylee's death or at any time; etc. etc. etc. etc.

Just for the sake of arguement (because I believe she will be executed by the state of Florida):

The car was out of Casey's possession since at least the 27th.
The time of Caylee's death can be challenged forensically.
The car belongs to Cindy.
KC has a lack of grief at Blockbuster because she didn't know her child was dead.
Cindy has lied to the LE and FBI over and over again.
Probably more than Casey has since she stopped talking and Cindy didn't.
The jailhouse call "You don't know my involvement?"
The jailhouse call "Don't worry I haven't told them anything."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74105&highlight=story In this thread we discussed plausible stories that we could come up with back in November. Post 23 is mine against Cindy. One of our other posters has one for George.

ETA- Cindy called the police because she realized the people at the towyard might call the police since George opened the trunk. Her first two calls, which didn't result in the police coming, were clearly to place the vehicle out of Cindy's possession and into her thief of a daughter's possession.

On tv kidnappers put tape over a victim's mouth so they can't scream. Kidnapping theory doesn't explain duct tape over nasal passages.

Well, hypothetically, if one was trying to fake a kidnapping that resulted in death, maybe they wanted to make the kidnappers duct taping the instrument of death as well, just in case the body was found! Death by Kidnapping! Not just a kidnapping that was for ransom or whatever. WE KNOW it was not a kidnapping, just a staged kidnapping! If I were to stage a kidnapping to cover a death, I sure would want the death to point to the kidnapper!

bbm

Exactly the point I've been trying to make. KC is the sole guardian of Caylee and any custody/control change must go through KC, ergo, KC knows who she gave custody to and therefore, who is likely to be the murderer or who would know who did the deed. KC not telling anyone to whom she passed control of Caylee shows that she didn't. It's not reasonable for a mother to protect their child's murderer in most circumstances and even less reasonable to protect their child's murderer to the tune of years in jail and possibly death penalty.

KC let CA take Caylee to see GPA in Mt. Dora....thereby CA had care custody and control of Caylee. KC left Caylee with CA while she was working (workin it), therefore CA had care custody and control over Caylee at those times.

If I left my baby with a daycare and through negligence they let my baby die, i would not be held criminally responsible for leaving her with the daycare, KWIM? KC not telling anyone that she left Caylee with CA (call her Zanny for now), is easily explained (emotional blackmail) by the fact that KC was totally dependant on CA. She couldn't squeel on CA, she would lose her meal ticket, KWIM?

I'd also like to add that on one of Casey's IM's or texts, she mentions that her dad drove her car....she mentioned this to Amy!

Just for the sake of arguement (because I believe she will be executed by the state of Florida):

The car was out of Casey's possession since at least the 27th.
The time of Caylee's death can be challenged forensically.
The car belongs to Cindy.
KC has a lack of grief at Blockbuster because she didn't know her child was dead.
Cindy has lied to the LE and FBI over and over again.
Probably more than Casey has since she stopped talking and Cindy didn't.
The jailhouse call "You don't know my involvement?"
The jailhouse call "Don't worry I haven't told them anything."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74105&highlight=story In this thread we discussed plausible stories that we could come up with back in November. Post 23 is mine against Cindy. One of our other posters has one for George.

I understand what you're saying. It still comes down to KC is Caylee's guardian. She should know who Caylee was with the last time she saw her alive. I don't see how they get around this without KC testifying as to whom she gave Caylee the last time she saw her.

I'm not sure where you're going with the chain of custody on the car. I thought it was pretty much shown that Caylee was gone before the 27th or did I miss a credible theory somewhere? Is this a myth that needs busting? The car was in KC's possession until it was left at Amscot sans Caylee. JB admitted KC had sole possession of the car when arguing at the bond hearing, iirc. By all accounts, CA didn't know where KC (and therefore her car) were located if any of this theory is hypothetically without KC's knowledge and cooperation.

There was no grief post Blockbuster either; she didn't seem to miss a Fusian night.

KC got beautiful life tattoo, not CA.

KC's messages to friends indicated she was happier than ever; CA was upset throughout this time.

KC gave false exculpatory statements, indicating consciousness of guilt.

I think we can add to this list if we choose but again, I still think in the mind of a juror it will boil down to the reasonableness of a mother sitting behind bars and facing the death penalty to protect the person who murdered her child. I don't see how they can get Tweety's accident theory in front of a jury without KC's testimony.

Well, hypothetically, if one was trying to fake a kidnapping that resulted in death, maybe they wanted to make the kidnappers duct taping the instrument of death as well, just in case the body was found! Death by Kidnapping! Not just a kidnapping that was for ransom or whatever. WE KNOW it was not a kidnapping, just a staged kidnapping! If I were to stage a kidnapping to cover a death, I sure would want the death to point to the kidnapper!

Now put this all together with everything else and considering the totality of the evidence, does this seem reasonable to you? Or is it a mere possibility? Kind of like the neighbor may have gotten a cookie through the window, I think. :)

I'd also like to add that on one of Casey's IM's or texts, she mentions that her dad drove her car....she mentioned this to Amy!

In the same text, she claims he hit a squirrel. No trace of squirrel remains were found.

I understand what you're saying. It still comes down to KC is Caylee's guardian. She should know who Caylee was with the last time she saw her alive. I don't see how they get around this without KC testifying as to whom she gave Caylee the last time she saw her.

I'm not sure where you're going with the chain of custody on the car. I thought it was pretty much shown that Caylee was gone before the 27th or did I miss a credible theory somewhere? Is this a myth that needs busting? The car was in KC's possession until it was left at Amscot sans Caylee. JB admitted KC had sole possession of the car when arguing at the bond hearing, iirc. By all accounts, CA didn't know where KC (and therefore her car) were located if any of this theory is hypothetically without KC's knowledge and cooperation.

There was no grief post Blockbuster either; she didn't seem to miss a Fusian night.

KC's messages to friends indicated she was happier than ever; CA was upset throughout this time.

I think we can add to this list if we choose but again, I still think in the mind of a juror it will boil down to the reasonableness of a mother sitting behind bars and facing the death penalty to protect the person who murdered her child. I don't see how they can get Tweety's accident theory in front of a jury without KC's testimony.

You could only get the accident theory out there as one of several possibilities. Going the round about way you ask all the people who said in sworn statements that Casey was a great mother, would never harm her child, and some of them even said it would have been an accident and a cover up.

My only point with my previous post (because again I think she will be executed for killing her child, but my for the sake of arguement posts get quoted and then I have to answer all the "you have got to be kidding, the evidence is overwhelming" posts),

but all of the evidence we have seen can be spun in another direction:

Any body found 6 months after the fact you can and will see an expert on the stand giving a different window of time of death, or saying that it cannot be pinpointed to a window smaller than a month.

The evidence of a body being in the trunk, there is evidence that the car was with other people, that Casey was driving vehicles other than the Sunfire, Casey does not own that vehicle, etc....

Her actions after the fact can either be dealt with head on, my client is not a likable person, I am not asking you to like her or invite her over..... or you can take the route of the last verifiable siting is with Cindy on the 15th and that Casey was out and about for a month because she had finally given into Cindy's demands of custody.

I don't think any of that will work, but none of the evidence is black and white in front of a jury. There is room to work when you acknowledge he does not have to prove she didn't do it. If he manages to keep the initial statements out (just like you try to keep confessions out) that will be a major win on the defense side.

And again, I think she is guilty, I think the state has done a great job, I think she will die for her actions. ;)

You could only get the accident theory out there as one of several possibilities. Going the round about way you ask all the people who said in sworn statements that Casey was a great mother, would never harm her child, and some of them even said it would have been an accident and a cover up.

My only point with my previous post (because again I think she will be executed for killing her child, but my for the sake of arguement posts get quoted and then I have to answer all the "you have got to be kidding, the evidence is overwhelming" posts),

but all of the evidence we have seen can be spun in another direction:

Any body found 6 months after the fact you can and will see an expert on the stand giving a different window of time of death, or saying that it cannot be pinpointed to a window smaller than a month.

The evidence of a body being in the trunk, there is evidence that the car was with other people, that Casey was driving vehicles other than the Sunfire, Casey does not own that vehicle, etc....

Her actions after the fact can either be dealt with head on, my client is not a likable person, I am not asking you to like her or invite her over..... or you can take the route of the last verifiable siting is with Cindy on the 15th and that Casey was out and about for a month because she had finally given into Cindy's demands of custody.

I don't think any of that will work, but none of the evidence is black and white in front of a jury. There is room to work when you acknowledge he does not have to prove she didn't do it. If he manages to keep the initial statements out (just like you try to keep confessions out) that will be a major win on the defense side.

And again, I think she is guilty, I think the state has done a great job, I think she will die for her actions. ;)

Reminds me of Keanu, defending the contractor/wife killer in "Devil's Advocate." (Paraphrased). "Mr. (name) is my client,and I don't like him. And, you're not gonna like him. either."

Put Casey on the stand....blame it on CA....as a negligent cause of death, and claim fear of losing her sole support system as the reason for saying Zanny instead of my mom. Tell them you didn't have a dead Caylee in the back of your car, but there was a time when your dad had possession of it, and it stunk to high heaven after he did.

Tell the jury that your parents (or CA alone) told you that they are sorry, but now you can have the beautiful life, and no need for Cindy to lose her nursing license over this, we'll take care of everything, if anyone asks where Caylee is, just tell them, she's with Zanny! (And the proper name is something we will figure out later, if we need to have someone specific!, OK), and by golly, when the towyard people smelled that car, my parents (my mom for sure, not sure about dad) had no choice but to try to blame me, because they KNEW there is NO WAY to convict an innocent person in this country, and that although I might have to spend some time in jail, it will be worth it in the end! Saying to me:.....You are a young person, and have your whole life (child free) ahead of you once you get out!

When I called mom and told her about the smell in the car and the car getting towed, she told me not to worry about it, that her (and dad) had it under control! Come to think of it now, I don't think my mom ever told my dad about what happened, and that's why she freaked on July 15th, and I was jailed on a whim! My mom was trying to keep my dad from finding out! AFterall, she even tried to get him to let HER drive the car home from the towyard, he was Sooooooo upset!

I told mom in the jailhouse visit not to worry because I hadn't told them anything, so she wouldn't worry that she was going to be found out! If it wasn't for my mom, dad and I wouldn't be able to live, SHE is the breadwinner, afterall! So, I really had NO idea how she disposed of Caylee, and when I saw the news after they found a body on Suburban, and the state of the remains, I put two and two together, and OMG, I had no idea my mother could have been so diabolical. Poor Caylee! So, see, I knew it was no accident, and I didn't cause it, therefore I'm innocent of these charges of 1st degree murder, sure, I lied to LE, but outside of that, I was just following mom's script for me. What else was I suppose to do? JMO of what might be coming down the pike!

Cindy wrote "My Caylee is Missing". KC wrote "Diary of Days".

Put Casey on the stand....blame it on CA....as a negligent cause of death, and claim fear of losing her sole support system as the reason for saying Zanny instead of my mom. Tell them you didn't have a dead Caylee in the back of your car, but there was a time when your dad had possession of it, and it stunk to high heaven after he did.

Tell the jury that your parents (or CA alone) told you that they are sorry, but now you can have the beautiful life, and no need for Cindy to lose her nursing license over this, we'll take care of everything, if anyone asks where Caylee is, just tell them, she's with Zanny! (And the proper name is something we will figure out later, if we need to have someone specific!, OK), and by golly, when the towyard people smelled that car, my parents (my mom for sure, not sure about dad) had no choice but to try to blame me, because they KNEW there is NO WAY to convict an innocent person in this country, and that although I might have to spend some time in jail, it will be worth it in the end! Saying to me:.....You are a young person, and have your whole life (child free) ahead of you once you get out!

When I called mom and told her about the smell in the car and the car getting towed, she told me not to worry about it, that her (and dad) had it under control! Come to think of it now, I don't think my mom ever told my dad about what happened, and that's why she freaked on July 15th, and I was jailed on a whim! My mom was trying to keep my dad from finding out! AFterall, she even tried to get him to let HER drive the car home from the towyard, he was Sooooooo upset!

I told mom in the jailhouse visit not to worry because I hadn't told them anything, so she wouldn't worry that she was going to be found out! If it wasn't for my mom, dad and I wouldn't be able to live, SHE is the breadwinner, afterall! So, I really had NO idea how she disposed of Caylee, and when I saw the news after they found a body on Suburban, and the state of the remains, I put two and two together, and OMG, I had no idea my mother could have been so diabolical. Poor Caylee! So, see, I knew it was no accident, and I didn't cause it, therefore I'm innocent of these charges of 1st degree murder, sure, I lied to LE, but outside of that, I was just following mom's script for me. What else was I suppose to do? JMO of what might be coming down the pike!

Yep, and setting this up may be the reason she won't see her parents in jail - "I'm just so horrified that I can't look them in the face."

I bet this is what JB will go with. Wouldn't he need to put KC on the stand though? I can't see him wanting to do that. And if this is the "defence", why wouldn't they have already spoken to LE about this instead of waiting until trial?

Under that scenario, why would Cindy track down KC & drag her home? Just tell everybody KC got a new job and Caylee was with her. Problem solved.

Why would Cindy rant to her mother and co-workers about her worries for 31 days if she already knew Caylee was dead. KC sure wasn't concerned. KC was happy. She said she'd never been happier. Why would Cindy call attention to a problem nobody was worried about if Cindy was the perp?

While KC was living her "beautiful life" for 31 days, Shirley was saying Cindy needed to live her own life and move on. Shirley was obviously worried about Cindy because Cindy was upset. But, she wasn't worried about Caylee and she wanted Cindy to calm down and get on with her life. (Shirley's e-mails are on this pdf: http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/1126/18155446.pdf)

Not only was Cindy telling her mother about her concerns for Caylee and KC, Cindy was telling her co-workers. Next she called Lee and asked him to help find KC and Caylee. Cindy even started calling KC's friends. She called JPC thinking the number was Juliet's. Cindy called Ryan. Lee got in touch with Annie worrying about KC and Caylee. Why would Cindy ask Lee to help her find KC and Caylee if she was the perp and knew where Caylee was? Why did KC tell Jesse NOT to talk to her mother if Cindy was the one hiding something? IWhy would KC even THINK Cindy might call Jesse IF Cindy was the perp and trying to keep things on the down-low?

Why did KC interupt her first day after her FIRST FULL night of love with Tony to run to the Anthony next door neighbor's house to borrow a shovel.

There is no way on earth that I believe Cindy would maim little Caylee's pretty face by plastering duct tape over it. Cindy would have brushed Caylee's hair, put shoes on her feet and dressed her in her best dress. A couple of Caylee's favorite toys would be tucked under her arms.

George knew how to clean cars and NOT to leave behind a paper towel covered with maggots and body (maybe pig,maybe human) remains. Neat-freak Cindy wouldn't have been so messy either.

There is lots of evidence Cindy didn't know where Caylee was. Cindy was running around telling everyone there was a problem and she was worried well before the stinky car was found. She wasn't trying to hide that there was a problem then.

KC was also busy. She made lots of phone calls and sent text messages promising to come home with Caylee. She got tattoos and new fingernails. She managed shot girls. She broke into her parent's house and took Caylee's icey pops. She stole gas. She stole Amy's checks. She cashed Amy's checks because she was desperate. Ummm...She couldn't blackmail her mom if her mom did it? Seems to me if Cindy did it, KC would never lack cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip