Casey appeals her 4 Lying to LE convictions

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh no, that is just the Court website. One of the media stations will have to go request a copy in order to put it up for everyone to see. The documents do not show up on the Court website, just dates and titles of the action filed.

Thanks! I found filings at WESH
:seeya:

It would be great if Morgan & Morgan could ask for a gag order until her appeal is heard so she can't give any paid interviews before her depo.

Bob Kealing knows just as much as us! LOL.. I tweeted him. See below response.

bobkealingbob kealing
Paperwork did not include argument“@Deelytful1: @bobkealing What is she basing her appeal on? She blatantly lied. Please explain.

According to Mike Galanos, Cheney Mason has gone on record stating that thousands of dollars have poured in from people wanting to help ICA. Oopsie. I would hope that these funds would have to be exhausted before the State steps up - again. But who knows?

Yes. Who is supporting her on July 18th? Who is providing her transportation? Name change? Appearance changes? Rent and utilities? Food, clothing, whatever.

That is all income, too.

I think we're pretty clear that she is appealing the 4 counts of lying to police.
This can get dragged out for a long time, right? If the District Court of Appeals denies it then she can keep going to higher Courts, and keep going.
How will this work? (If it keeps being denied)

What is she appealing? The fines. Hasn't she already served her time for them. tia

This is my transcription from the end of the sentencing hearing:

The Court sentences you to 1 year in jail - imposing a $1,000 fine on each count - all 4 counts to run consecutive to each other - giving you credit for the time that you have previously served. JB, CM - we are going to spend some time this morning figuring out her credit for time served and it's going to take us probably about an hour to sort it out due to the previous sentences she has been given, but with the good time and gain time, depending on preliminary figures, some time early August, late July, but I can't say that until I determine time served, and then the jail has to apply their good time and gain time that she has gained in this. So, if you want to wait around - and if you have a different figure, then we can get that taken care of.

I will reserve jurisdiction for 60 days to determine the cost of investigation.

LDB: Wants to set hearing - any time after 30 days.

CM: Want to see the invoices and check the validity.

LDB: She should have all the documentation within her suggested time frame.

HHJBP: Week of August 29? 25th or 26th.

LDB: Thursday the 25th. Don't know ICA's status at that time. Does Defense want to waive her presence.

HHJBP: She can waive her appearance or she can come.

CM: It would be our intention to waive.

HHJBP: I would also impose the statutory court costs. ICA - you have a right to appeal. If you can't afford an attorney, the court will appoint one. Do you wish to appeal?

JB conferring with ICA.

JB: We would like to reserve our right.

HHJBP: You have 30 days to file an appeal. Does she have the financial where with all to file appeal?

JB: No.

HHJBP: She will need to fill out an affidavit of insolvency. An untimely notice of appeal is a forfeit of her right. It is your responsibility to file the appropriate paperwork before you are relieved of your responsibility in this case.

Court in recess.

Bold mine.

So does this mean she will get a court appointed attorney since she is indigent?

Talk about inciting more protesting towards herself! People will be fit to be tied!

I 'absolutely' HATE this poor excuse for a human being!

I went back to find the video from the "sentencing hearing" ...

see http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28473082/video.html

These are the 4 Counts that Judge Perry stated are "4 SEPARATE AND DISTINCT LIES" ...

Count 4: False info to LE -- CFCA lies about "employment at Universal Studios".

Count 5: False info to LE -- CFCA lied about dropping off Caylee with "babysitter, Zanny, at Sawgrass Apts".

Count 6: False info to LE -- CFCA lied about "2 employees at Universal Studios -- Jeff Hopkins and Juliette Lewis -- about disappearance of Caylee".

Count 7: False info to LE -- CFCA lied about "receiving a telephone call and spoke to Caylee on July 15, 2008".

At appx. 12:05 mark Judge Perry instructs on "right to appeal" ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is just UNBELIEVABLE that they are APPEALING these 4 counts ...:maddening:

I am "guessing" it is to DELAY CFCA's appearance at the deposition of Zenaida ...

:banghead::maddening::banghead:

I think we're pretty clear that she is appealing the 4 counts of lying to police.
This can get dragged out for a long time, right? If the District Court of Appeals denies it then she can keep going to higher Courts, and keep going.
How will this work? (If it keeps being denied)

But wouldn't she have to show up for court during this process? I had thought that JP said JB was responsible for filing the appeal but once that was done if she was still unable to pay she would be assigned a public defender. I really think JB wants to keep her under his control. She's a snake (you knew I was a snake when you picked me up) and she could just as easily turn on him. Look at what she has done to her family. KC likes to play games and this is the ultimate high stakes gamble. jmo

Hang on. Hold up. I am not getting this.

What is there to appeal? She's on TAPE, lying to investigators about Caylee's whereabouts, more than once. They gave her the out several times to admit to an "accident" and not one single time does she take them up on their offer.

Her own laywers admitted she is a liar. Witnesses on the stand testified to her lies.

So I will repeat myself "WHAT IS THERE TO APPEAL??"

I must be missing something.....I am under the impression that one would appeal a court decision so that they would end up with a lighter sentence. Judge Perry sentenced her to one year consecutively for each of 4 counts = 4 years in jail. I would think that one would appeal in order to NOT serve 4 years in jail. What am I missing here - she has already served her sentence!!!

Is she is appealing the fines - WOW - thought she was only signing million dollar deals at this time - 4K should be a drop in the bucket for FCA.

I do not understand how some of you good people think Casey will ever do a deposition before she makes her big pay day, or ever.

Face it. So many lawyers have a $$$ vested interest in Casey making an interview for huge money. To get paid from her. There may be as many as 15 lawyers now depending on that blood money interview. Movie deals. Book deals. Etc... These lawyers will not let a deposition hearing take that payday away. There are just far too many legal loop holes to block Casey having to testify in a timely fashion, or ever.

This case is far from over. Before the sickness ends here, Casey will be suing Orange County Court system for huge money. And being Casey, she probably win. Casey's lawyers are destroying the publics faith in the court system. But they do not care. They only care about blood money. A "search for truth"? Where did that go????????? Justice for Caylee? Long gone!!!

IIRC she pled guilty on the check fraud, so I don't know if you can appeal once you plead guilty.

Snipped from mombomb's post #22, bold is mine:

HHJBP: I would also impose the statutory court costs. ICA - you have a right to appeal. If you can't afford an attorney, the court will appoint one. Do you wish to appeal?

JB conferring with ICA.

JB: We would like to reserve our right.

HHJBP: You have 30 days to file an appeal. Does she have the financial where with all to file appeal?

JB: No.

HHJBP: She will need to fill out an affidavit of insolvency. An untimely notice of appeal is a forfeit of her right. It is your responsibility to file the appropriate paperwork before you are relieved of your responsibility in this case.

Court in recess.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6908579&postcount=22"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Casey Anthony appeals her 4 Lying to LE convictions[/ame]

Yes. Who is supporting her on July 18th? Who is providing her transportation? Name change? Appearance changes? Rent and utilities? Food, clothing, whatever.

That is all income, too.

iRS can you hear this. Along with those funds hope the state of florid hears

Once Casey is out the door of the jail, she will be gone. Out of the jurisdiction's reach in no time. And the only thing as a penalty Casey will have to live with is not coming back to Orange County. And Casey will have to stay out of any Florida court. Which means Casey will have to leave the State. AND SHE WILL BE LEAVING LAUGHING! Count on it.

FCA will soon be Fugitive Casey Anthony. jmo

This WESH article has links to all the motions filed today. I figured I'd post because others and myself had questions. Not much of an explanation though.. sigh.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28558632/detail.html

Thank you!

Okay, this is for an appeal to presented to the Court of Appeals. This will all just be written briefs called a Petition for Appeal, KC will never have to appear in Court for these. The State will file their response, also a written brief. Here it takes 6 months to 1 year before the Court of Appeals makes a decision (usually a denial), then it will be filed with the Supreme Court, same procedure. Now, there may be a time in between when the attorney may appear for a 3 Judge Panel review/oral argument (if they do this in Florida), but that will not be televised, KC will not be there, usually only takes a few minutes and usually results in another denial.

This will not delay the ZFG issue any further I don't think.

Off to read the other 2 documents.

I think she is appealing on the basis that the 4 charges occurred concurrently and should therefore be only 1 count. As we all heard, Baez already argued this to Judge Perry and was shot down -- ..."jury has spoken loud and clear ..."

I believe there is an entirely different reason for this appeal. Obviously, as long as this matter is under appeal, she is able to incriminate herself by giving a deposition - thus plead the fifth. If it is not under appeal, that threat is removed upon her release on the 17th and she is compelled to answer. They do NOT want her deposed - and I doubt seriously that the $20k Ms. Gonzalez is seeking is the compelling reason.

NeJame said he thought it was an effort to avoid paying the costs of the investigation, but it seems odd to me that by rolling the 4 charges into 1, she could avoid these charges.

Maybe, just maybe the pendulum has begun to swing the other way.

In a way this is going to play into the hands of the civil cases against her. Both sides will be able to make arguments. The arguments will be part of the record. Let's see how this plays out.

Now I believe that the argument of Lizabeth Frye was that they were one event not four. I'd say their defense is going to be that Casey only lied one time. I don't think they will win on this argument because she continued to lie.

They do not want to pay the State's costs for investigation. The defense knows Casey has a short window to make a few bucks and it will be eaten up rather quickly with all of these assessments.

I think this is good. If the court denies this it can go to a higher court, I believe but then it ends there if I am not mistaken.

This also is a delay tactic with Casey not being able to be deposed until her appeals are heard.

I'm so tired of the court system being played like a game rather than it being a system of justice. It is all games and more games just like we saw in Baez's opening statement.

Maybe the jury will speak more now and we will hear what really happened during deliberations. Because this can't be sitting well with them. Of course there is always the chance that one of them will say they voted for the lying because they couldn't vote for anything else. This rocky road is far from over.

ICA is going to bankrupt the state of Florida. UNBELIEVABLE

ICA is going to bankrupt the state of Florida. UNBELIEVABLE

:waitasec: YEP ... and Convicted Felon Casey Anthony is COSTING the State of Florida MORE MONEY than the "Election screw-up" with the "CHADS" -- remember that ?

I went back to find the video from the "sentencing hearing" ...

see http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28473082/video.html

These are the 4 Counts that Judge Perry stated are "4 SEPARATE AND DISTINCT LIES" ...

Count 4: False info to LE -- CFCA lies about "employment at Universal Studios".

Count 5: False info to LE -- CFCA lied about dropping off Caylee with "babysitter, Zanny, at Sawgrass Apts".

Count 6: False info to LE -- CFCA lied about "2 employees at Universal Studios -- Jeff Hopkins and Juliette Lewis -- about disappearance of Caylee".

Count 7: False info to LE -- CFCA lied about "receiving a telephone call and spoke to Caylee on July 15, 2008".

At appx. 12:05 mark Judge Perry instructs on "right to appeal" ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is just UNBELIEVABLE that they are APPEALING these 4 counts ...:maddening:

I am "guessing" it is to DELAY CFCA's appearance at the deposition of Zenaida ...

BINGO! The DT wanted all 4 charged as one "lie" BUT each instance led LE on a different wild goose chase and wasted their time!
Maddening is right!!

Thank you!

Okay, this is for an appeal to presented to the Court of Appeals. This will all just be written briefs called a Petition for Appeal, KC will never have to appear in Court for these. The State will file their response, also a written brief. Here it takes 6 months to 1 year before the Court of Appeals makes a decision (usually a denial), then it will be filed with the Supreme Court, same procedure. Now, there may be a time in between when the attorney may appear for a 3 Judge Panel review/oral argument (if they do this in Florida), but that will not be televised, KC will not be there, usually only takes a few minutes and usually results in another denial.

This will not delay the ZFG issue any further I don't think.

Off to read the other 2 documents.

Awww...crumb! I thought she'd have to appear. :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay