Casey defense team files motion to dismiss case--Could KC walk!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
re: destroying jail video-
maybe jail videos are normally taped over within a certain timeframe after jail visits, but hers haven't been?
Also, the videotape outside the medical unit, when they sat her in front of the TV with the news of Caylee's remains going on on TV....maybe such video would not normally be kept but has been in her case? I'm not sure.

BBM.....funny thing is this..at the time NO ONE (supposedly) knew it was Caylee's remains!!!

Why should KC's videos be erased? Why wouldn't the jail hold on to those videos as evidence for a death penalty case?

Dear Lord in heaven help us all! I have just gotten through this motion and I am, for the first time ever during this case, scared she may just walk. The law was fairly clear about the destruction of evidence, and if the root ball that was attached to the bag and the remains was destroyed then that IS a BIG problem, isn't it? Someone please tell me that I am wrong, but she may actually walk on this one...Oh my GOD!:banghead::furious::banghead::sick:

One more question.....

Can Judge Strickland deny a change of venue? Does he have to give reasons why he denies a change of venue or can he just flat out deny it?

IF he did deny change of venue, would that open up the doors for an appeal?

He can just deny it, and yes it would be the source of an arguement for an appeal. Whether it would be granted, who knows, but it would definitely be the basis of arguing she did not get a fair trial. I would imagine the venue is going to be changed, moo.

She's so innocent ya'll. We should just regard the tattoos, the stealing of money (afterall sleepwalkers give peeps cash all the time), buying things for anything other than KC whilst on the run...this is so clearly a motion for the state to give up the goods. The defense has a client who is so extremely unworthy there are no words. I suppose once she is "set free" on a "mistrial or technicality" that she will totally contribute to society...I am guessing pole scrubbing...but that is just me. Please. The defense is completely stuck with their client's ZANNY stole Caylee from me story line and rather than just end this and cop to a plea they are threatening to take this to South Florida...even though Strickland has been overly fair to them. What a waste of space is this client...what a waste...

In the motion to destroy the jail video tapes, I noticed Baez forgot to sign and date the second page in the spaces provided. Andrea signed, but it is not dated.

Is that a big deal, considering that this is the filed copy? This isn't the first time it's happened..

He did sign and date the third page, the certificate of service.

One more question.....

Can Judge Strickland deny a change of venue? Does he have to give reasons why he denies a change of venue or can he just flat out deny it?

IF he did deny change of venue, would that open up the doors for an appeal?

I believe the defense will turn on Judge Strickland if they are cornered with it, so I worry about this-

But, if Judge Strickland can be confident with the strictest application of the law, he might be able to deny it-KC cannot get a more "fair" trial anywhere else in Florida. He could raise eyebrows with a denial, and LKB & TM are already gearing up for battle (maybe AL will kick in soon, too).

Judge Strickland knows the appelate courts in his circuit, he should have an idea of whether he's risking being overturned.

Okay, back with another question/statement. :)

I am totally confused why the defense is getting their hackles up over not being allowed to sift through the crime scene? I don't recall ever seeing a defense attorney at a crime scene?

So if I am understanding this correctly, I would call my attorney, tell him I am going to commit murder, where I am going to commit the murder and THEN have him appear at the crime scene after said murder is committed?
nuts.gif

In the motion to destroy the jail video tapes, I noticed Baez forgot to sign and date the second page in the spaces provided. Andrea signed, but it is not dated.

Is that a big deal, considering that this is the filed copy? This isn't the first time it's happened..

Well I would say what I think about JB...but I can't. I would say what I think about Casey M. Anthony...here...but have already. This is just the defense posturing in my opinion. They have NADA. Their own client is such a liar there is nothing that she could say that a normal, sane person would believe. There is nothing. They are stuck with a stupid defense that their own client has stuck them with. So what is next, scream it is a witch hunt. Never mind that their client was driving around in a car of Caylee's yes Caylee's decomp. Never mind that their client was too busy shopping with money she either stole or didn't earn for herself at Target to call the police to let them know her child was missing. That's right...cuz KC was afraid...the cops just arrested her on a whim...to frame her. A person who can't even manage to graduate from highschool, hold a job at all...a person who pole hops like the total "BustDOWN" that she is (look it up peeps)...is totally worthless...frame her why...cuz she knows where shot glasses from Fusion come from (since well..she only started hanging there on June 6th)...can someone please explain to me what she was possibly thinking driving around in a car that smelled like death lying to everyone around her including her completely "gumby" like parental units...yes...she was afraid...is that right...???? Please...

One of the questions will probably be-are you now or have you ever been an FLB?:crazy:
Help a girl out here...FLB???
I googled FLB, this is what I got. Sorry if someone already asked, I'm still a few pages away from the finish line! :crazy:

Acronym Definition
FLB Federal Land Bank
FLB Front de Liberation de la Bretagne (French: Breton Liberation Front)
FLB Fly Like A Bird (song)
FLB Fantasy League Baseball
FLB Fluorescently Labeled Bacteria
FLB Forward Logistics Base
FLB Fédération Libanaise de Basketball (French: Lebanese Basketball Federation)
FLB Flow Brazing
FLB Funny Looking Beat (medical/cardiac slang)
FLB Funny Little Beat (EMS slang)

I believe the defense will turn on Judge Strickland if they are cornered with it, so I worry about this-

But, if Judge Strickland can be confident with the strictest application of the law, he might be able to deny it-KC cannot get a more "fair" trial anywhere else in Florida. He could raise eyebrows with a denial, and LKB & TM are already gearing up for battle (maybe AL will kick in soon, too).

Judge Strickland knows the appelate courts in his circuit, he should have an idea of whether he's risking being overturned.

The defense knows they have a loser in this one...so why all the hooplah...could it be "fame".
Incidentally, she is completely guilty and no amount of smoke and mirrors can deflect from her idiotic actions after the fact. Also, JB is quite likely the biggest...non winner I can think of...one can only harken back to his earlier cases...such a valiant champion of the "innocent"

Okay, back with another question/statement. :)

I am totally confused why the defense is getting their hackles up over not being allowed to sift through the crime scene? I don't recall ever seeing a defense attorney at a crime scene?

So if I am understanding this correctly, I would call my attorney, tell him I am going to commit murder, where I am going to commit the murder and THEN have him appear at the crime scene after said murder is committed?
nuts.gif

I think LKB started talking about this when she first came on board, she mentioned that she was allowed to do this in other cases, I believe in NY. She had to educate the Florida court about this, don't ya know....

At the time the remains were found, the remains were only identified as the remains of a child. Yeah, LE most likely thought it was Caylee, but officially the remains were unidentified. Identification wouldn't be made until the autopsy. So if they had allowed JB into the crime scene, potentially they would have to allow in other defense attorneys, because it could have been any kid. And JB wasn't representing KC in any murder case. At that point she was accused of fraud and child neglect. Not murder, because that hadn't been determined yet. That determination was also made at autopsy.

So JB was in affect asking to go to a death scene of any child, whether dead of homicide or natural causes. No attorney is allowed to do that that I know of. I think it is funny, not only is there the question of how did KC know that was Caylee, but how did JB know that was Caylee? How/why was he so sure that the unidentified remains belonged to Caylee?

The CSI's take pics of many angles of the crime scene. They measure the distance of any evidence found compared to other evidence and of fixed points in the scene. All this is done so that the crime scene can be reconstructed accurately. The defense was given acces to the crime scene before it was returned to the owner. That would be after the autopsy and after the state determined they were going to file murder charges.
Actually Casey Anthony was indicted on murder charges on October the 14th, which was almost 2 full months before these remains were found...just for the record.:innocent:

Jeez, Baez has asked for a change of venue what, 2 - 3 or 4 times now? And each time has been told that it's too far out in front of the trial, to wait until it's closer to actual trial date.

Is he PURPOSELY trying to PO Strickland???!!! it's a YEAR away at least! :waitasec:

I think a COV motion should be totally off the table for a defense team that fought against a gag order and has been utilizing not only commercial media venues , but also performances in front of court cameras to trot out their outrageous, inflated, unsubstantiated claims of innocence and SODDI innuendo for over an entire year already.

I think LKB started talking about this when she first came on board, she mentioned that she was allowed to do this in other cases, I believe in NY. She had to educate the Florida court about this, don't ya know....

Thanks Jayla!

I must've missed the "course" where the lawyers "educate the judge"! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Help a girl out here...FLB???
I googled FLB, this is what I got. Sorry if someone already asked, I'm still a few pages away from the finish line! :crazy:

Acronym Definition
FLB Federal Land Bank
FLB Front de Liberation de la Bretagne (French: Breton Liberation Front)
FLB Fly Like A Bird (song)
FLB Fantasy League Baseball
FLB Fluorescently Labeled Bacteria
FLB Forward Logistics Base
FLB Fédération Libanaise de Basketball (French: Lebanese Basketball Federation)
FLB Flow Brazing
FLB Funny Looking Beat (medical/cardiac slang)
FLB Funny Little Beat (EMS slang)
I saw some real thought provoking ones tonight...NLB (no life bloggers)...maybe it has something to do with that?

My guess would be before I turn in this evening is that there is something about to come out that the defense doesn't want us to see...hmmm...I wonder what that could be...something left with the body...something on the tape...hmmm...I just have to wonder. Plead that waste of space out and stop wasting tax payer money on someone has not and will not contribute anything other than internet space to society.

My guess would be before I turn in this evening is that there is something about to come out that the defense doesn't want us to see...hmmm...I wonder what that could be...something left with the body...something on the tape...hmmm...I just have to wonder. Plead that waste of space out and stop wasting tax payer money on someone has not and will not contribute anything other than internet space to society.

Yep...I think you are right. We have seen the pattern enough by now to recognize new information, which is preceded by the parents increasing precense in the media, followed by the defenses attempted slight of hand to take the attention off the important info. It hasn't worked yet!

JB is another case in entitlement. He files bad motions, incorrectly and without citing case law, he addresses the Honorable Strickland disrespectfully, he obviously thinks nothing of cobbling together "contracts" that have not necessarily been properly notorized. He is the Perfect Prince of Prevarication to match the Majestically Mendacious Anthony family.

Although I can see everyone's view on the Anthony family visits; after hearing rumors that there is infighting in the defense team, perhaps this is an attempt by AL to extricate Ms KC from her Supercilious Svengali, who has had an entire year to brainwash his already delusional client into thinking she has a snowball's chance in hell of walking. I've always thought that the pre-memorial requests were along the same lines. Somebody wants to get her head out of the clouds and her feet on the ground when it comes to this trial, and JB has managed to isolate her and convince her he is her white knight - and without any outside influences or voices of reason, KC is narcissistic, disconnected and delusional enough herself to believe him.

Let's face it - it's too late for corroborating any stories - these people have impeached their credibility, both individually and as a group, up one side and down the other on numerous occasions. And they had plenty of time to do that before she was even indicted. Even if they all sang the same notes in unison nobody would believe anything coming out of their pie-holes. I really think that they are trying to get her to think reasonably - and let's face it - KC responds to males much better than females. If they could only dress up AL as Rob Dick, I'll bet she'd cop a plea in a heartbeat...as long as she could put on eye makeup and cook him dinner first.

Yep...I think you are right. We have seen the pattern enough by now to recognize new information, which is preceded by the parents increasing precense in the media, followed by the defenses attempted slight of hand to take the attention off the important info. It hasn't worked yet!

ohhh! milliac, you have a point. Isn't there about 2000 pages of docs coming out soon? Wonder what is in those?

I think they need time to get there stories straight. A question for the smart sleuths, since the defense has stated they only used the released evidence to form there opinion of Malcuso's statement, will they be able to bring out a non disclosed smoking gun at trial about this statement? Also just a quick rant, why does KC have to be so special? All of the other inmates are video recorded while in jail, the phones conversations are recorded, the visitations are recorded so why should KC not be recorded? Only if there is evidenturary value are the tapes saved and used against the defendant in a court of law. How do I know this, it happened to my uncle. Guess what, he thought they only monitored some phone calls, oh no they monitor all phone calls and KC should be no different.

As far as why the anthonys think casey deserves special treatment - here's my opinion. In the very beginning of this case, the anthony family assigned themselves victim status (i'm a grieving grandma, don't question me or my motives, i lost my grandchild, etc). This, for some bizarre reason seems to have carried over even to where we know that Casey killed Caylee and lied about it. The self-appointed victim status has never changed in the anthonys minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reporter-C.Lin