Casey defense team files motion to dismiss case--Could KC walk!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthony's attorneys argue that she needs her family support and providing video of visits to the media could be deemed as an attempt to punish Anthony. Her lawyers also say that without family visits her defense team can not adequate prepare for her death penalty case."

This mumbo jumbo is straight from Professor Andrea Lyon -

http://www.wisspd.org/html/training/ProgMaterials/Conf2006/DDEFE.pdf

Litigation - “Defending the Life-or-Death Case” byAndrea D. Lyon
Volume 32 – Number 2 – Winter 2006 – American Bar Association

pg 47

You must also interview the client’s family and household. .......

Family members’ involvement can be key for the following reasons:
- At a sentencing hearing, they make good witnesses.
- Their presence during trial creates an atmosphere in which it is easier to save your client’s life.
- Family support can help make your client more self-assured and a better witness if he needs to take the stand.
- Family support can prevent your client from engaging in self-destructive behavior (e.g. acting out violently in prison or court).

i think this is why .....KC sure didnt look good at her last hearing.....she maybe loosing it....

I wonder not about the 2000 pages, I wonder more about the ONE single page that was turned over to them with the cd with the photos of her tattoo even more recently...One page to ruin them all, one page to defeat them?

"IMO" I feel JB wants the trial south due to judicial connections he may have. I personally don't think it will matter where the trial is moved to. This case is Nation Wide. (Even thought I wish they move it to Tampa and I get picked for jury duty :dance:).

Not to worry! Judge Strickland will hear this trial wherever it takes place!

:woohoo:

Anthony's attorneys argue that she needs her family support and providing video of visits to the media could be deemed as an attempt to punish Anthony. Her lawyers also say that without family visits her defense team can not adequate prepare for her death penalty case."

This mumbo jumbo is straight from Professor Andrea Lyon -

http://www.wisspd.org/html/training/ProgMaterials/Conf2006/DDEFE.pdf

Litigation - “Defending the Life-or-Death Case” byAndrea D. Lyon
Volume 32 – Number 2 – Winter 2006 – American Bar Association

pg 47

You must also interview the client’s family and household. .......

Family members’ involvement can be key for the following reasons:
- At a sentencing hearing, they make good witnesses.
- Their presence during trial creates an atmosphere in which it is easier to save your client’s life.
- Family support can help make your client more self-assured and a better witness if he needs to take the stand.
- Family support can prevent your client from engaging in self-destructive behavior (e.g. acting out violently in prison or court).

-----------------------------------
The family present? That ought to be a laugh:croc:

My guess would be before I turn in this evening is that there is something about to come out that the defense doesn't want us to see...hmmm...I wonder what that could be...something left with the body...something on the tape...hmmm...I just have to wonder. Plead that waste of space out and stop wasting tax payer money on someone has not and will not contribute anything other than internet space to society.

Yep...I think you are right. We have seen the pattern enough by now to recognize new information, which is preceded by the parents increasing precense in the media, followed by the defenses attempted slight of hand to take the attention off the important info. It hasn't worked yet!

Oh, yes. How could I forget about that.
They always do this when something BAD for KC is about to come out!
Right on!

Ok. So let me see if I have this straight.

The state basically accused Jose of doctoring documents and the court demanded those documents be produced for examination by the state.

The defense spewed off some nonsense about the "evidence" they had uncovered which PROVED their clients innocence, in court, in front of the cameras for all the world to see and hear.

The state, in turn, called this bluff, and called on the 15 day discovery requirement, which the defense is well behind on already...

The state turns over a small supplemental discovery release of one page and one cd with photos of Caseys tattoo.

The defense asks for the charges to be dropped because (now here is where I go a little fuzzy)
1.) The state found and moved the remains of a child that was found in the woods.
2.) The child had been scattered by wildlife so it took longer than expected.
3.) In order to look inside the bag where some of this childs remains were, they had to untangle the bag and the bones from a root mass that had grown through everything.
4.) Because this root mass was not "preserved" and the defense did not have a chance to examine it then it is spoiled evidence.
5.) Somewhere in that root mass was all the evidence that the defense needed to prove their case, but alas it is all gone now.
6.) Furthermore while the FBI and LE were CRAWLING ON THEIR HANDS AND KNEES for days on end collecting every little tiny piece of this baby that they could find and any other thing that they happened upon, they neglected to collect the very evidence that would have cleared Casey, and they did this on purpose and only collected evidence that would make her appear as guilty.
7.) The state was not neat enough while they were CRAWLING ON THEIR HANDS AND KNEES sifting though bucket after bucket after bucket of earth to FIND Caylee's remains and so the defense did not get to examine the crime scene in its original condition.

So all the charges against Casey should be dismissed?

Are these people right in the head? What the ????:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Oh and I forgot one, the defense's BIG witness that should exonerate their client? Joy Ray? Are they kidding? That is the best one I have heard YET! They even dragged David Lohr into the whole sorry mess...can you believe it?

[/B]

i think this is why .....KC sure didnt look good at her last hearing.....she maybe loosing it....

I hope the reason she looked haggard in court is because she is having haunted dreams.
I don't know, maybe if she confessed and showed remorse, my feelings would change. Right now, not so much.:furious:

Okay, the defense wants Casey's videos destroyed and future visits with the family are necessary for her well-being. They shouldn't be kept either?

Fact is, jailhouse communications are frequently used at trial to convict. Inmates and their families know they are being monitored. They mess up, it's their problem.

There is no way that Casey will get special treatment.

If, as the motion says, it's for Casey's well-being, what harm is their in videotaping the meetings? They would only be there to offer her emotional support and comfort in her distress.

Oops! I forgot, we are talking about a very dysfunctional family here. They can't keep their agendas hidden from the world. They could never have the lovey-dovey kind of meeting Ms. Lyon would like.

This reminds me of the motion Baez filed when Casey was bonded out the second time. He wanted to take Casey places to help in the "investigation". Oh, and no monitoring!

That went over like a lead balloon. This motion will as well.

LOL

Yeah and any time Casey lies to Cindy she always tells the truth :waitasec:
LMAO!
That one is a mind boggler! Every time she lies she tells the truth...
So in turn every time she tells the truth she lies?:waitasec:

If this was not about a little murdered child these folks would almost classify as Comic Relief!:dance:

If this case could be dismissed because defence were not aloud to bring in thier own experts to the crime scene, then every single case on the face of the planet would have to be dismissed. So I guess next we are going to here that Raymond Clarks attorneys are going to ask to have charges against him droped because their people were not there to observe the finding and forensic gathering in Annie Le's case.

I honestly am embarressed for them, because they are so dumb!!!!

If this case could be dismissed because defence were not aloud to bring in thier own experts to the crime scene, then every single case on the face of the planet would have to be dismissed. So I guess next we are going to here that Raymond Clarks attorneys are going to ask to have charges against him droped because their people were not there to observe the finding and forensic gathering in Annie Le's case.

I honestly am embarressed for them, because they are so dumb!!!!

Well, butterfly, it's the only hand they have to play. Their client and JB himself boxed them into a corner. I think AL is trying to salvage what she can. Not that I agree w/ it or wish her well, however!

Since the beginning I've had to continually remind myself I haven't started dropping acid...it's just them and the circus music that rings in my head is the companion that follows whenever they pop up.

LMAO!
That one is a mind boggler! Every time she lies she tells the truth...
So in turn every time she tells the truth she lies?:waitasec:

If this was not about a little murdered child these folks would almost classify as Comic Relief!:dance:

Still reading the motions, but I noticed that in two of the motions, it is pointedly stated that KC is "chained around her stomach". Ostensibly to bolster their arguments......but it makes me wonder if they will try and claim physical abuse or cruel and inhumane treatment.......this "chained around her stomach" phrase being repeated.
Also, AL ripped off M Nejame.......stating that monitoring KC w/ her atty would "have a chilling effect" on their communications. Jab at Nejame.

Sorry if this has been said already, I'm still reading and catching up.

Good catch. However, I don't think that "chained around her stomach" could be classified as physical abuse or cruel and inhumane treatment. Maybe if they had duct taped her mouth and nose they would have an argument.

"Everything has been taken from me" Yeah, well, you haven't seen the best of it yet sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You took Caylee's life . This Judge knew it all from day One. Hang tight people, she is a gonner!

Caylee will see her Justice. We must be very very patient. I get crazy with all this, but it will come to ride on our Justice for our Dear Hearted Caylee.

It didn't fly when they were in the street being interviewed by Geraldo as they whined about not being allowed to interrupt investigators while they were collecting evidence and it won't fly now. They had no legal right to go into the area until it was released to them by LE. When it was released, they didn't have a need for it anymore.

Casey isn't going to walk anywhere except back to the court room time after time for nonsense just like this. She will still be available for taking that final walk into the section for those awaiting the DP when the jury is through with her.

She has no right to demand special treatment with the video taped jail visits. They could easily visit her and not talk about the case. Happens every day in jails across the country. She is not special. She is there because she is accused of murdering her innocent child.

I would like to see Judge Strickland counter this with putting her into the general population. Why does she deserve ANY special treatment? Let her be an average Jane and suffer like the rest of them sitting in that jail for murder.

I have not read thru the whole thread - and this most likely has been said - the defense had not right to view or do "their" own investigation as the remains had not been identified. It wasn't until Dr G announced that the remains were indeed Caylee Marie Anthony. So, how does her defense team think that this motion to dismiss will work???????? JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera