Casey defense team files motion to dismiss case--Could KC walk!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, can't blame em for tryin, they have no defense, so lets try the "Lets Try and Get The Case Dismissed" cause we are screwed as far as trying to defend this girl LOL

I think they were sitting around JB's office wondering what they could drum up to give to SA to back up their claim that they have evidence to prove KC is innocent and JB, joking, said "well we wouldn't have to do this if they would just drop the charges againt KC............"

Anthony's attorneys argue that she needs her family support and providing video of visits to the media could be deemed as an attempt to punish Anthony. Her lawyers also say that without family visits her defense team can not adequate prepare for her death penalty case."

This mumbo jumbo is straight from Professor Andrea Lyon -

http://www.wisspd.org/html/training/ProgMaterials/Conf2006/DDEFE.pdf

Litigation - “Defending the Life-or-Death Case” byAndrea D. Lyon
Volume 32 – Number 2 – Winter 2006 – American Bar Association

pg 47

You must also interview the client’s family and household. .......

Family members’ involvement can be key for the following reasons:
- At a sentencing hearing, they make good witnesses.
- Their presence during trial creates an atmosphere in which it is easier to save your client’s life.
- Family support can help make your client more self-assured and a better witness if he needs to take the stand.
- Family support can prevent your client from engaging in self-destructive behavior (e.g. acting out violently in prison or court).

I was reading the part of Family support can be key and then all the reasons
why..We're talking the Anthony Family

At the sentencing hearing they make good witnesses..Cindy,George and Lee..Ya think
Their presence during trial creates an atmosphere in which it is easier to save your client’s life...Cindy,George and Lee..AAha
Family support can help make your client more self-assured and a better witness if he needs to take the stand...Yeah I can see that..again...Cindy,George and Lee..AAHA
Family support can prevent your client from engaging in self-destructive behavior (e.g. acting out violently in prison or court..Yep Cindy,George Lee andy Casey...Oh yeah this is definitedly going to be the trial of the Century...Cannot wait:croc:

This might be the one instance where I hope Judge S. conjures up a little Judge Rodriguez-I want him to be ever so certain of his own rulings, "one step ahead" of the attorneys, and intolerant of anyone breaching his boundaries.

I don't see AL behind this, I see LKB.....She has already lectured to us about the judge needing to be educated, is this her attempt to educate him regarding spoliage?
In the interest of justice, time and Floridian's money, I want to see Judge S. stick to his guns, and leave little time for philosphical legal debate.

But I want Judge S. to be 100% sure of everything with lots to back it up and make them understand his rulings are solid-Lest they may challenge him presiding over this case next.

From the motion... "delayed identification so that nobody but police officers would have access to the crime scene."

... Isn't that by-the-book police work?

Even if the body was id'ed officially right away, that STILL didn't give them right to the crime scene.

The fact that they were trying so hard to get in there, pretty much confirms that THEY knew it was Caylee. Knowing what we now know about the PI's going there , searching for the body, pavers, etc...

No no no ... don't let them fool you.

Nearly 30 CDs were released, and 8 or so dealt with procedures, but one - the first one - was focused on 2000 pages of reports. Later ones had detailed report info, possibly bench notes.

There should be enough there to keep us busy for months. :dance:

You are correct. Which means that there will actually be 1000's more pages released, many of which will be dry. :)

And the provision notice filed a couple days ago is actually 2 pages, not one (10451-10452) which means there will be 10 pages missing... hmmm.

IIRC, Andrea Lyon had stated that she would be filing these motions after Labor Day.

Wanna bet that when we get to read them, it will be clear JB didn't write them? It will be easy to tell. If there are appropriate legal citations, he didn't write them!
:dance:

AL did threaten the court that there would be lots of motions filed. Lots ands lots. She didn't promise that they would be legit motions.

They contend Casey Anthony's rights were denied because lawyers can't effectively confront and cross examine witnesses.

I guess it is kind of difficult to confront and cross examine witnesses when one of the main "witnesses" doesn't even exist except in the mind of their own client.

Obviously, I am referring to the imaginanny.

JB wants the trial moved south. What's wrong with west? There's Pensacola and Panama City. Didn't JB once work in south Florida?

Jeez, Baez has asked for a change of venue what, 2 - 3 or 4 times now? And each time has been told that it's too far out in front of the trial, to wait until it's closer to actual trial date.

Is he PURPOSELY trying to PO Strickland???!!! it's a YEAR away at least! :waitasec:

I have wondered that before. He is constantly having to be "schooled" on procedures, etc. He doesnt' cite cases in his motions. Does no work and whines that others are suppose to hand this or that over to hime, that he should have gotten himself.

Seriously, how many times does a Judge have to tell a person???

At this point, he surelly realizes that the Judge is bending over backwards. That pretty much enusres that JB's team can get away with just about anything.

This just reeks of a desperate JB.
:nerves::doughboy:
I have no background in law whatsoever but since I joined WS in Jan 09 I've learned there are brilliant legal minds in our court system, and there are those who are brilliant in their own minds.
I think it's obvious which category JB falls under. :poke:

I have to believe Strickland is not impressed with this latest trick from the defense. Makes me wonder how much more of JB he's willing to put up with.

JB wants the trial moved south. What's wrong with west? There's Pensacola and Panama City. Didn't JB once work in south Florida?

Yes, he lived and worked there. Might have places to stay there. However, it's a very expensive place down there. It will cost $$$$ to have the trail there.

It would be cheaper to bring the jury to Orlando and put them up in a Hotel here. Then everyone go down there... Or anywhere.

:waitasec: I wonder if this motion came about to try and stall on the DA's motion for the defense to provide documents supporting defense claims that the body or the remains of Caylee Anthony were placed there after Casey was locked up in the OCC facility."? Do we know if a hearing has been set yet? Maybe the defense is grasping for straws with this last motion they filed?

STATE MOTION: State Motion to Compel Reciprocal Discovery
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20838315/detail.html

AL did threaten the court that there would be lots of motions filed. Lots ands lots. She didn't promise that they would be legit motions.

How many trees have to die to satisfy her insatiable appetite for paper?

"IMO" I feel JB wants the trial south due to judicial connections he may have. I personally don't think it will matter where the trial is moved to. This case is Nation Wide. (Even thought I wish they move it to Tampa and I get picked for jury duty :dance:).

Oh and Pensacola and Panama City is GOP country. Totally are for the DP. Think Texas.

South isn't very wise either. Highly Hispanic. And she claims the Hispanic Nanny took the child, that is now dead. I'm sure that would play over well down there.

Unless he is backing on them not finding enough of a jury pool that can understand English. Who would have problems following science evidence, etc.. in a second language or through a translator. Which would leave them looking at a young mother.... And not understanding the case.

:waitasec: I wonder if this motion came about to try and stall on the DA's motion for the defense to provide documents supporting defense claims that the body or the remains of Caylee Anthony were placed there after Casey was locked up in the OCC facility."? Do we know if a hearing has been set yet? Maybe the defense is grasping for straws with this last motion they filed?

Actually, if I read it right, in this last batch of motions by the defense, they say that the proof they have that the body was put there later is the conclusion they reached from the prosecution's evidence. :loser::loser:

:furious:
This might be the one instance where I hope Judge S. conjures up a little Judge Rodriguez-I want him to be ever so certain of his own rulings, "one step ahead" of the attorneys, and intolerant of anyone breaching his boundaries.

I don't see AL behind this, I see LKB.....She has already lectured to us about the judge needing to be educated, is this her attempt to educate him regarding spoliage?
In the interest of justice, time and Floridian's money, I want to see Judge S. stick to his guns, and leave little time for philosphical legal debate.

But I want Judge S. to be 100% sure of everything with lots to back it up and make them understand his rulings are solid-Lest they may challenge him presiding over this case next.

BBM, I've had a gut feeling that is coming. :furious:

"IMO" I feel JB wants the trial south due to judicial connections he may have. I personally don't think it will matter where the trial is moved to. This case is Nation Wide. (Even thought I wish they move it to Tampa and I get picked for jury duty :dance:).

Snort!
I bet one of the questions will be wither or not your a WS.. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members