Casey defense team files motion to dismiss case--Could KC walk!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"IMO" I feel JB wants the trial south due to judicial connections he may have. I personally don't think it will matter where the trial is moved to. This case is Nation Wide. (Even thought I wish they move it to Tampa and I get picked for jury duty :dance:).

I want it moved to Mass..So I can be picked..:dance::dance::dance:

I don't have a link handy but I do recall that Judge Strickland told Baez back in March? Something to the effect that it was to early to file for a change of venue and he was getting PO"d about Baez bringing up? He even gave Baez a so called warning and told him since he did not expect the trial to go forward in Oct that he needed to wait. Can't wait to watch this hearing it is going to be interesting.

JB did the same with his Witness List. Is there such a thing as "lazy lawyer copy and paste" plagiarism?

Snort!
I bet one of the questions will be wither or not your a WS.. :crazy:

One of the questions will probably be-are you now or have you ever been an FLB?:crazy:

I don't have a link handy but I do recall that Judge Strickland told Baez back in March? Something to the effect that it was to early to file for a change of venue and he was getting PO"d about Baez bringing up? He even gave Baez a so called warning and told him since he did not expect the trial to go forward in Oct that he needed to wait. Can't wait to watch this hearing it is going to be interesting.

Oh my Gosh! I just read it. And that is exactly what it says. No new evidence. Nothing. All they got, is from the State.

I am confused here because the defense received Caylee's remains and per what Casey claimed Caylee was cremated against her wishes. So the defense had all of the remains and as for the top soil and surrounding landscaping, give me a break the top soil/landscaping is still there and the state released the area around Dec 19th and Baez declined to do his own investigation. I think the judge is going to end up getting tired of the games and he is not going to be so kind to the defense as he has been.

"Snip" http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...nthony-defense-motions-091709,0,3657298.story

"Without access to crime scene before the state removed the remains and topsoil, Miss Anthony was unable to gather evidence regarding the precise arrangement of the remains and the surrounding landscape," attorneys Jose Baez and Andrea Lyon wrote in the motion. "Without this evidence, defense experts cannot effectively examine or challenge the conclusions made by state experts."

I am confused here because the defense received Caylee's remains and per what Casey claimed Caylee was cremated against her wishes. So the defense had all of the remains and as for the top soil and surrounding landscaping, give me a break the top soil/landscaping is still there and the state released the area around Dec 19th and Baez declined to do his own investigation. I think the judge is going to end up getting tired of the games and he is not going to be so kind to the defense as he has been.

<sniff, sniff>

Ah, the pungent aroma of sheer desperation.

Tamper? That's what they call getting down on all fours and sifting through dirt to try and put this little honey back together as best they could? I thought a long time ago they would make a stink about not being allowed access to the crime scene-marching down there with media in tow...trying to turn this most horrific discovery into a "show of shows". They had no business there...PERIOD!

It seems to me that the SA and LE did everything by the book and in the end Investigators tried to release the crime scene to Baez and the rest of Casey Anthony's defense team, but they declined
Yeah...they claimed even then there was no point in analyzing the scene after LE got through with it. Seems that LE were just too darn thorough.

All I can say is what???????? George Cindy and Lee are needed to help her lawyers prepare the case????? How about meeting with them in, oh I don't know.... an office?????

Just shaking my head here.
Maybe they all need to get on the same page.

Anthony's attorneys argue that she needs her family support and providing video of visits to the media could be deemed as an attempt to punish Anthony. Her lawyers also say that without family visits her defense team can not adequate prepare for her death penalty case.
I've read this entire thread so far, and one possibility has not yet been mentioned.
Perhaps KC's defense team has so far been unsuccessful in getting her to agree to a plea bargain, but have some hope that GA, CA and Lee visiting her in person might be able to talk her into accepting a bargain.
Of course, this could never be allowed to be known or seen by anyone other than these principles, as it could (depending on what words were recorded) lead to the undermining of an "Innocent" defense.
Thus a request for the family and attorneys to simultaneously visit KC without the possibility of being recorded.

I want it moved to Mass..So I can be picked..:dance::dance::dance:

My county connects to Orange...Bring it on! (bad joke) and maybe I'll get called for Jury Duty :)

Of course everytime I've been called, I've been dismissed, cause I'm a registered Libertarian...but hey it's worth the effort right?

The latest filing in the Casey Anthony murder case on Thursday was the boldest to date.

Anthony's defense team is asking Circuit Judge Stan Strickland to dismiss the case.

And just in case Strickland isn't inclined to get rid of the case in which Anthony is charged with first-degree murder, defense attorneys also filed an amended motion about a change of venue. The defense suggests Miami-Dade, Broward or Palm Beach counties as possible places for the murder trial, which is unscheduled but could come to court sometime in 2010.

Also filed on Thursday were motions related to the Orange County Jail. The defense wants a protective order prohibiting the jail from videotaping attorney visits with Anthony at the jail.
What happens if she loses her temper with her mother and tells her mother what happened?
And it wants the jail to destroy videos of Anthony and her family.
LOL, need to rehab KC's image. She looked so bad on those tapes!

* The Case Against Casey

The motion filed Thursday afternoon seeks dismissal of all charges because evidence was not properly preserved. Pretty standard, not unexpected.
According to the motion, "the state deliberately misled the court and delayed formal identification of remains so it could obtain exclusive control of the crime scene through Dec. 19, 2008" the date the medical examiner announced the remains belonged to the little girl. JB is still pouting because he wasn't allowed on the crime scene before Caylee was identified or before KC was charged with murder. What was the state supposed to do, get a picture of Caylee to compare to the skeletal remains?
The skeletal remains was discovered Dec. 11, 2008 by a meter reader.

Defense lawyers said exculpatory evidence was not preserved and that violate Casey Anthony's rights. Exculpatory evidence supports a defendant's claim of innocence.
If the defense has proof this happened, they should be turning that into the court. The state has asked for the evidence of KC's innocence to be submitted to the court, where is it?

Anthony's lawyers contend the state erred by tampering with the victim's remains and excavation location before the defense could bring in it's own experts.
JB still pouting because he wasn't allowed to play there before charges were filed or the baby was actually identified.
Her lawyers wanted to hire off-duty police officer to secure the area, but the state attorney's office wouldn't permit it.
Didn't LE stay on the scene and begin working to obtain the remains immediately after a body was determined to be there?? Why would they need an "off duty police officer? This may be a hint that they are going to argue that the remains were found earlier, and were left there for some reason, until Kronk went back to the site.
The motion says the only evidence suggesting a homicide are conflicting reports of where the remains were found and without evidence the defense cannot challenge the opinions the state is bringing to court.
What??? What does this one mean?
They contend Casey Anthony's rights were denied because lawyers can't effectively confront and cross examine witnesses. Who is it they aren't getting to confront? Anyone they haven't talked to already they will confront in court. Who else is left to witness, Caylee? Maybe KC can tell the court what Caylee saw.
Another motion asks the court to block recordings of Casey Anthony when her lawyers are present and when she receives visits from her parents, George and Cindy Anthony.
LOL, itsn't that cute. The defense doesn't want any problems with KC's image. She didn't look good on camera when she visited with her parents. So that had to stop. Now that the A's are pushing to visit, they don't want KC to look bad. Besides, if she can't control her temper, who knows what she might say?

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...line_fell.html

This story is developing.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,3657298.story

And everyone was afraid that the defense was going to try to blame the family or friends. Of course not. They are blaming the state prosecutors! (sarcasm) For the state, failure to turn over exculpatory evidence would not only get them fired, they could have criminal charges for that. I say I don't believe it happened.

No, I don't think she will walk.

Items in red are my words and opinions.

I've read this entire thread so far, and one possibility has not yet been mentioned.
Perhaps KC's defense team has so far been unsuccessful in getting her to agree to a plea bargain, but have some hope that GA, CA and Lee visiting her in person might be able to talk her into accepting a bargain.
Of course, this could never be allowed to be known or seen by anyone other than these principles, as it could (depending on what words were recorded) lead to the undermining of an "Innocent" defense.
Thus a request for the family and attorneys to simultaneously visit KC without the possibility of being recorded.

Or, they just think they're *better* than everyone else, and therefore entitled to special privileges.

I think the motion to dismiss and the change of venue are both pretty standard. The things that stood out to me would be requesting no videotapes of attorney/client visits and the request to destroy videotapes with the Anthony's.

It's a jail, how can they expect their meetings not to be monitored? I could understand if jail officials were listening in, that would be a major problem, but I'm still shocked by all the special treatment they feel they should have.

re: destroying jail video-
maybe jail videos are normally taped over within a certain timeframe after jail visits, but hers haven't been?
Also, the videotape outside the medical unit, when they sat her in front of the TV with the news of Caylee's remains going on on TV....maybe such video would not normally be kept but has been in her case? I'm not sure.

Lawyers Want All Charges Dropped In Anthony Murder Case
Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:33:29 PM

snipped:
Reported by Jacqueline Fell

ORLANDO - The latest bombshell in the Casey Anthony murder case came in form of a court motion asking for all charges to be dropped.

Defense lawyers said exculpatory evidence was not preserved and that violate Casey Anthony's rights. Exculpatory evidence supports a defendant's claim of innocence.

So this is why the Defense won't be able to provide the SA with their evidence that KC is Innocent...............Someone didn't preserve it! So it's vanished! :banghead: Good Lord this really has turned into an episode from Bizarro World............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc