Casey & Family Psychological Profile #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the beginning of this case, I have heard “experts” refer to Casey as being one of these two personalities and it has been about 50/50 as to which she was. It got me interested in discovering the true difference between the two words. To me, they both seem to be about the same. I have always thought that a Psychopath would kill and a Sociopath probably would not but I’m probably wrong. It’s very confusing to me and I remembered my cousin (who is a Psychotherapist) and me getting in this debate a couple of years ago. Tell me what you think after reading this little test. No matter what she is labeled, the very fact that Caylee is gone (dead or alive) and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance proves something if very, very wrong with Casey. However, I firmly believe she will stand trial and if JB tries to use any mental illness as a defense, it will miserably fail. She has all her faculties and then some in my opinion!

Determining Psychopath vs. Sociopath

Sociopath: Someone whose social behavior is extremely abnormal. Sociopaths are interested only in their personal needs and desires, without concern for the effects of their behavior on others.

Psychopath: A mentally unbalanced person. A person with an antisocial personality disorder, especially one manifested in perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior.

Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the bottom for the result. This is not a trick question. It is as it reads. No one I know has gotten it right.

A woman, while at the funeral of her own mother, met a guy whom she did not know. She thought this guy was amazing.
She believed him to be her dream guy so much, that she fell in love with him right there, but never asked for his number and could not find him.
A few days later she killed her sister.

Question: What is her motive for killing her sister?

[Give this some thought before you answer, see answer below]

Answer Click Below:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q285/CarolineSmiles/Whimsy_Butterfly-1-1.jpg?t=1223054398

If you answered this correctly, you think like a psychopath.

This was a test by a famous American Psychologist used to determine if one has the same mentality as a killer.

Many arrested serial killers took part in the test and answered the question correctly.

If you didn't answer the question correctly, good for you and all who know you.

If you got the answer correct, please let me know so I can take your crazy butt off my friends list, LOL!

Interesting Q!! whew I glad I got it wrong ... I thought that the reason the woman killed her sister was because the woman found out that the sister killed their mom. But OMG ... so she was hoping to see the man again? that is so outrageous!! :eek:

Well, thank you PhoneBoothBandit for checking Snopes.com and letting us all know this is NOT a real test. That makes me feel a little anti-forum-socia-neurotic-paranoid-psycho-patholical. I meant no harm and did not think to check on it's validity. I can't wait to ask my cousin why she would tell me something to make me look like a complete fool if I ever repeated it anywhere. One day, perhaps today, I will learn a very important lesson about internet forums and daring to contribute or reach out or understand how different we as human beings are.

Totally confused. LOL It has been way to long since the psych class I had in college. I understand what you are saying, but I always thought one had slightly different characteristics than the other. It isn't the first time I've been wrong and knowing me, it won't be the last. :)
It is hard to keep up with the DSM changes. A lot of people still refer to Bipolar as Manic-Depressive and so on. Up until last spring I used the DSM every day so I have quite an advantage. Of course, lord knows what changes have been made since then! :)

I really do not like the change to Antisocial. People are always saying "so and so isn't antisocial, he's a party-animal". I don't know what they were thinking with that one. :waitasec:

ETA: Many people do distinguish in the manner you did by calling them "disorganized antisocial" and "organized antisocial" so that difference is recognized...so obviously you still remember something from psych class!

To my knowledge psychopath is just the old school term for sociopath. They are the same.

Dictionary.com has five or six definitions one of which is:

psychopath
nounsomeone with a sociopathic personality; a person with an antisocial personality disorder ('psychopath' was once widely used but has now been superseded by 'sociopath') [syn: sociopath]

I'm safe though; I answered incorrectly.

For those interested in such, the BRACE Character Profile of a prototypical 40-point Hare PCL-R psychopath and a prototypical DSM-IV-TR Antisocial Personality Disorder (301.7), see the corresponding links below. These profiles include how both of these relate to all of the DSM-IV-TR Personality Disorders, which of course includes how a prototypical psychopath is similar to and different from an Antisocial Personality Disorder. Based on Casey’s BRACE Character Profile (see http://crimsonshadows.net/content/view/168/ ) , she has characteristics consistent with a prototypical psychopath but not a prototypical Antisocial Personality Disorder, the psychopathic characteristics deriving primarily from narcissistic characteristics.

Psychopath
http://www.deviantcrimes.com/BRACE of 40 pt Hare PCL R.pdf

Antisocial Personality Disorder
http://www.deviantcrimes.com/BRACE Profile of DSM 301 7.pdf

Just my personal opinions based on public information.
Russell

For those interested in such, the BRACE Character Profile of a prototypical 40-point Hare PCL-R psychopath and a prototypical DSM-IV-TR Antisocial Personality Disorder (301.7), see the corresponding links below. These profiles include how both of these relate to all of the DSM-IV-TR Personality Disorders, which of course includes how a prototypical psychopath is similar to and different from an Antisocial Personality Disorder. Based on Casey’s BRACE Character Profile (see http://crimsonshadows.net/content/view/168/ ) , she has characteristics consistent with a prototypical psychopath but not a prototypical Antisocial Personality Disorder, the psychopathic characteristics deriving primarily from narcissistic characteristics.

Psychopath
http://www.deviantcrimes.com/BRACE%20of%2040%20pt%20Hare%20PCL%20R.pdf

Antisocial Personality Disorder
http://www.deviantcrimes.com/BRACE Profile of DSM 301 7.pdf

Just my personal opinions based on public information.
Russell
The thing about this that confuses people is that psychopath is not used as a mental health diagnosis. Hare PCL-R is a diagnostic tool (pretty well recognized as the standard instrument) used to measure characteristics of psychopathy. The DSM does not recognize either psychopath or sociopath as a mental disorder, or diagnostic categories. Hare has never liked the use of Antisocial and he isn't alone.

I'm scared. I answered correctly, but to be fair I think I heard this one before. (I hope)

I can't answer the question because, how many times have you heard CSI talk about "getting into the person's mind." So you may have done that.

I think that it is inevitable that she will finally come to the realization that she will be spending her life behind bars. The pressure is on! I don't see Casey as someone who will accept a life sentence..I think suicide will be an option when reality sets in. We have no idea what her mental status is now. She SHOULD be in prison for life, and eventually she may cough up the location of Caylee's body so she may have a proper burial. She is such a control freak, like her mother, I think suicide would be her first thought. What do yiou think? Or is she too narcissistic for suicide? I hope they arrest her soon.

I think that it is inevitable that she will finally come to the realization that she will be spending her life behind bars. The pressure is on! I don't see Casey as someone who will accept a life sentence..I think suicide will be an option when reality sets in. We have no idea what her mental status is now. She SHOULD be in prison for life, and eventually she may cough up the location of Caylee's body so she may have a proper burial. She is such a control freak, like her mother, I think suicide would be her first thought. What do you think? Or is she too narcissistic for suicide? I hope they arrest her soon.

I think psychopaths adapt really well to prison life. Remember they don't have the same connections and bonds the rest of us have. Chameleons in every sense of the word.

Sociopaths often act rashly and are disorganized.
Psychopaths tend to plan things and are much more organized in their actions. Think KC and her lies.

I vote that KC is a psychopath. Absolutely a psychopath.

Casey is not really all that organized. I remember Lee saying her room was always a mess and commenting on the neatly packed suitcase he found at Tony's which he said was so unlike her. Yet in her phone convo with Lee from jail she remarked on keeping all her dates and times straight. She is also a very socially likeable person (some think so) and I tend to think of a psychopath more as someone with a great deal of difficulty relating to people. A jeffrey Daumer type or Tony Perkins in "Psycho".

She sure has worked out and crafted her phoney personality so well she can probobly recite it in her sleep> I mean it is on automatic response even after Yuri told her her whole interview was a pack of lies and she began again ...with and so after work...I went to the nanny's...BS.

Then again although she seems to often work 'on the wing' she is also planning her next move to rip someone else off. I'm still not convinced she is capable of murder so I'm on the fence here.

Casey is not really all that organized. I remember Lee saying her room was always a mess and commenting on the neatly packed suitcase he found at Tony's which he said was so unlike her. Yet in her phone convo with Lee from jail she remarked on keeping all her dates and times straight. She is also a very socially likeable person (some think so) and I tend to think of a psychopath more as someone with a great deal of difficulty relating to people. A jeffrey Daumer type or Tony Perkins in "Psycho".

She sure has worked out and crafted her phoney personality so well she can probobly recite it in her sleep> I mean it is on automatic response even after Yuri told her her whole interview was a pack of lies and she began again ...with and so after work...I went to the nanny's...BS.

Then again although she seems to often work 'on the wing' she is also planning her next move to rip someone else off. I'm still not convinced she is capable of murder so I'm on the fence here.

if you don't mind me asking......what is it about her that leads you to believe she isn't capable?

Granted there is nothing about Casey's reaction, in the aftermath of an accidental scenario that is how any caring, reasonable, responsible ADULT would respond. But I'm wondering, if you take an ALREADY immature, insecure, manipulative, deceitful, narcissistic "unfit" mother (who's btw basically been BEGGING all her life for some SEMBLANCE of LIMITS or BOUNDARIES on her outrageously bad behavior) PRIOR to June 16th; then imagine (it's not hard) like a self-fulfilling prophecy, her negligence precipitates her child's death (if indeed, as I suspect, accident scenario resulting from poor supervision) compounded by inability to reach the only ones she trusted in those critical minutes, coupled by increasing paranoia of being discovered while desperately attempting to escape reality... I mean this would push someone even w/out fullblown borderline or NPD over the edge to something even more pathological, right? All those high-risk compulsive behaviors start to escalate (stealing, lying, spending etc) as the promiscuity seems to reach a fever pitch during the aftermath of the traumatic event. Every time I think of those initial conversations with her brother, it is to me a glaring, flashing neon SIGN the way she keeps TELLING Lee repeatedly that their mother was right all along, maybe she IS an unfit mother afterall, alluding to this whenever she is pressed for the TRUTH. When unable to produce or account for her child, in her most vulnerable moments, Casey is sharing and ADMITTING that she IS a poor mother. But the vulnerability begins to dissipate under pressure, as she resorts to self-deprecating ("Maybe I'm just a spiteful b*") a tactic used in my experience in place of true remorse by those lacking genuine empathy; and by the time their mother's re-entered the room, Casey's resumed her defensive posture and reverts to fabricating. What's WRONG with this picture? Looks to me as if Casey would rather SERVE A LIFE (OR DEATH) SENTENCE THAN ADMIT THE TRUTH TO HER MOTHER. She made other very telling remarks to LE to this effect ("I KNOW my mother will NEVER forgive me," etc) and begins posting ominous and fatalistic messages on her website all of which show, IMO if not remorse, EXTREME consciousness of guilt. But sadly which might be avoided if raised in an environment of both GRACE (for mistakes or imperfections) and TRUTH (consequences/accountability). Instead it seems deceit, permissiveness, self-preservation and fear have somehow been learned, and appearances have taken on more importance than operating in reality. IMO neither this family nor her attorney seem to be serving her best interests. What does it profit Casey to gain the whole world--her freedom--if she loses her soul?

Terrific post.

Being a mother was obviously not part of her life she enjoyed much, you can see that in her comments she made to Rusciano etc. Caylee was entirely in the way and a burden. She is cold blooded as evidenced by her "tough", "indifferent" , and "poker face" skills as described by Sheriff Beary. Selfish/Narcisisstic, immature and short tempered, poor impulse control .. .I think she is totally capable. A true sociopath who had a quick dip into psychopathy which resulted in murder. Just my opinion.

I have read somewhere while researching Carl Jung material that some people identify with their shadow side. They believe they are bad as a basic premise. I have to wonder if in KC's life this was since she had Caylee or she just didn't get a foundation for a healthy personality from the beginning. Seem's like the birth of Caylee was more of a 'loss' to her development rather than a motivation for maturity. The games she has played with all the personalities in her head seems like a failure to have a core self---for herself. She has a SELF disorder. Just when it began, I can not tell. She has needed help, but no one has identified the root of her problem. If they even noticed.

I do agree that she is missing her core. I also think Cindy is missing her core. Lee said Cindy constantly berrated Casey for having Caylee telling her over and over it was her mistake...that Caylee was a mistake...and then telling her she was a bad mother.

I don't know why she was a bad mother other than the obvious lack of means of support . Everyone saw her as a good mother though at times unattentive. Cindy claimed at the bond hearing to have taught Casey how to be a good mother. But was Casey mothering as herself or as a dummy?

Interesting point you have made. What does constitute good for Casey? Is she only bad when she does not listen to her mother? Is she bad when she asserts herself and makes demands? Is she good when she mimics Cindy doing only what she does? Is that why Cindy can call her her best friend...mistaking that for her alter ego? Can cindy allow her child to be herself ...or can she only allow that for a child and not a teenager?

I wish someday Casey will talk and tell us about her life with her mother. It is all too close for her now but sometime down the road ...Maybe Lee can tell us more.

IMHO, I think the ONLY time Casey exhibited any shred of insight into herself was when she came clean about being pregnant (at 7 months!) and told her parents she wanted to put the baby up for adoption. She was 19, she should have been allowed to make that choice for herself. But, no. Cindy steps in, and in her controlling, demanding, short-sighted way, tells Casey that is NOT going to happen. Oh no, she's KEEPING that baby. Forcing an immature, manipulative, self-serving, narcissistic teenager into the instant role of "mommy" to a child she doesn't want. And then Cindy has the nerve to scream at Casey that she's a bad mother, and not supporting Caylee, that she (Cindy) has to do it all. Well, sorry, but DUH??

I know what has happened to Caylee is totally Casey's responsibilty, but I believe this train was set in motion by Cindy with her adamant "NO WAY" to Casey's plea to put the baby up for adoption. If she had, that beautiful precious child would be in the arms of a loving, protective family right now. Instead, she's been thrown away like so much trash. And I think Cindy shares a good part of the blame for that.

IMHO, I think the ONLY time Casey exhibited any shred of insight into herself was when she came clean about being pregnant (at 7 months!) and told her parents she wanted to put the baby up for adoption. She was 19, she should have been allowed to make that choice for herself. But, no. Cindy steps in, and in her controlling, demanding, short-sighted way, tells Casey that is NOT going to happen. Oh no, she's KEEPING that baby. Forcing an immature, manipulative, self-serving, narcissistic teenager into the instant role of "mommy" to a child she doesn't want. And then Cindy has the nerve to scream at Casey that she's a bad mother, and not supporting Caylee, that she (Cindy) has to do it all. Well, sorry, but DUH??

I know what has happened to Caylee is totally Casey's responsibilty, but I believe this train was set in motion by Cindy with her adamant "NO WAY" to Casey's plea to put the baby up for adoption. If she had, that beautiful precious child would be in the arms of a loving, protective family right now. Instead, she's been thrown away like so much trash. And I think Cindy shares a good part of the blame for that.

or....casey lied yet again.

if she didn't want the baby and feared her mother she would have aborted. i think she simply went 7 months ignoring she was pregnant until it was too late. just like now..........pretending everything is peachy, just like she did after caylee died. denial

if you don't mind me asking......what is it about her that leads you to believe she isn't capable?

I'm taken by her remark to her mother ...Casey said..."you know i wouldn't do anything to hurt my child". i felt she was sincere. She slept with Caylee at night according to Cindy. And the Jesse made a statement revealing how much love she had for her child when he said he thought Casey would shut down and go off into some new phase if something were to ever happen to her. Her relationship with Tony R was very superficial...he didn't want to be bothered by children she put her child down to flirt with him and get some sex...some men are like that...put yourself down to them and bingo you're in bed. I know Caylee was in the way as far as Tony was concerned also...I just have no idea....An accident happening of such convenience.....

I just don't see Casey as that aggressive..certainly not to do anything violent. It had to be something where she was indirectly responsible....allowing Caylee to play somewhere where she got hurt. Casey is not a hands on person. she doesn't do much with her hands except type on the computer, make pasta, shop and change a diaper. She doesn't use physical force. She is much more in her mind. She may run off recklessly and she knows how to scam a check and make someone believe the wildest stories.

I could be wrong it is just too hard for me to imagine anything worse. i felt the emotion in her voice but the complete lack of emotion afterwards ...doesnt she miss her Caylee, wouldnt she be worried about her well being if she gave her away? Wouldn't she be upset beyond belief if an accident occured? I don't know what to make of it.

Truely i just don't want to imagine anything worse. I accept Caylee is dead due to an accidently on purpose death , that's as far as i can go.

I'm not sure either Dahmer or Psycho character would be diagnosed with Antisocial/seen as a psychopath. I believe both exhibited signs of psychosis, having a break from reality. Dahmer clearly had delusions and although I don't recall all that much about the character in Psycho I do remember he kept a corpse in his home. Dahlmer had compulsions derived from his delusions. Those with ASPD are not the only ones who commit homicide. I could never see Casey keeping a corpse to meet an emotional need, and she obviously didn't in this case. She isn't a threat to become a killer in the same way as Dahlmer. The only similarities I see between Dahmer and Casey is that they both were involved in the death of another human being.

I do agree that Casey is disorganized. A more organized, more intelligent psychopath would have come up with a much better cover story. Casey's arrogance and assumption that LE and others would just believe her show lack of thought and smarts IMO.

The only person that said she was disorganized is her brother Lee. I am not sure I believe that is true about her. While, yes, she may tend throw clothes around a bit, I get the impression she is highly organized. Everything about the Anthony household visually, including Casey's room, is VERY organized..everything put in it's place inside and out. I would go as far to guess that in many ways, neurotically organized....while a few "rebellious loose ends" showing...ie: messy with clothes. She is very put together in all the photos I have seen....it is totally her mom that enforces the neurotic type organization in that household, but I believe that has been ingrained in Casey as well.

The only person that said she was disorganized is her brother Lee. I am not sure I believe that is true about her. While, yes, she may tend throw clothes around a bit, I get the impression she is highly organized. Everything about the Anthony household visually, including Casey's room, is VERY organized..everything put in it's place inside and out. I would go as far to guess that in many ways, neurotically organized....while a few "rebellious loose ends" showing...ie: messy with clothes. She is very put together in all the photos I have seen....it is totally her mom that enforces the neurotic type organization in that household, but I believe that has been ingrained in Casey as well.
I'm not sure that Casey is the one who organized the room. IMO Cindy controlled almost everything in that house. Casey seemed to live from moment to moment. She didn't appear to have any long term plans and when she did make plans she often did not follow through (got too involved in the moment). On the other hand, she didn't seem totally disorganized. She appeared to be able to cover up the fact she wasn't working for 2 years. That took some amount of forethought and planning...although not necessarily "detail" oriented. I guess I see her as more impulsive but having the ability to plan, organize and follow through when something meant enough to her.

I agree with you. KC had to be organized to keep all of the lies going for so long. There is no way I would have been able to have lied for as long or as well as she has without being caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust