Casey & Family Psychological Profile #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's interesting that KC yet again seems to copy a Scarlett O'Haraism from "Gone with the Wind" (just a note):

Tomorrow is a brand new day (Last line in KC's poem)

http://www.wftv.com/news/18675431/detail.html

<<The following is the transcript of a news conference held by Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, on Monday, February 9. ...
This is a statement by my client and she's authorized me to a make a statement to the public with regards to tomorrow's memorial.

I miss Caylee every day and every minute of every day.
I can't be there for Caylee's funeral, but some day
I want to go and visit her grave and tell her how much
I miss her.
I allowed my parents to be in charge for the funeral for Caylee.
I told them
I wanted her buried in a casket and
I wanted there to be a gravestone so
I could go and visit her.
I asked them if there could only be a private funeral for just the family.
I know they cremated her.
I still don't want a public event with cameras and everybody around for Caylee's service, but
I can't stop my parents from doing what they want.
I truly hope that it will help them.

Shall we count? "I" is used 14 times in an 8 sentence statement.

Baznme,

You make excellent comments. And thank you for bringing back Brini's post.

If the poem KC wrote is about herself (most likely, because what isn't?) the lines indicate someone who is self-absorbed and convinced of possessing great power over everyone and everything.

From the poem:

With great power
comes great consequence
------------------------

Isn't that a line from "Spiderman?"

Seriously, I find this analogy interesting. After seeing those jailhouse visit tapes endlessly where G & A tell Casey how "gorgeous" she is, call her sweetheart and placate her to a nauseating degree, and after listening to all the tributes they threw to her feet yesterday during her murdered daughter's memorial and after hearing LP, Rick, Shirley and others recount how Casey was always allowed to get away with anything, it nagged me what this was all reminding of.

Now I remember. There is a classic, classic episode of the Twilight Zone called "It's A Good Life". It's the one with the little boy with supernatural powers that he uses to torment and control everyone who crosses his path. His family and the town are horrified by him and totally under his control. If they displease him in any way he sends them "to the cornfield". Everyone tiptoes around the kid, placating him, telling him what a good little boy he is. If you're remembering the episode now, then you're might be struck at the parallel to the way everyone in the Anthony family placates Casey, allows her to bully them with her little tantrums and demands. Casey controls that family to the extent that even while she is jailed they are placating her from the pulpit. "The Cornfield" in Casey's case is alienating the Anthonys from her love, although I am hard put to explain why they want it.

There is a great synopsis of the episode here comparing it to the way the family of a narcissist operates.
http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/goodlife.html

It is well worth the read, imo, in a more entertaining way than most psychological articles.

Creepy little notes: the demonic kid who sends people and pets who displease him "to the cornfield" is named Anthony and he's from Ohio.

An interesting aside: within that article is a link to a lengthy article about the hateful Phelps family of the so-called Westboro Baptist Church. If you read it, be prepared to be horrified at the stories two of his sons tell of his extreme abuse of his children. I couldn't read it all.

I remember that episode, Everly. Creepy and Casey-like. The August jailhouse visit displayed that interaction between Casey and her parents perfectly. They feared her power--her ability to keep information about Caylee away from them. I watched their faces as they craved just one morsel of truth out of that girl's mouth.

She laughs at them. She manipulates them. She makes them feel guilty for craving even that single morsel. When they beg-- She threatens to send them to "the cornfield"--total banishment--and they will never get another word out of her. They're clearly petrified of her absolute power over them.

Anyone who thinks that the cure for narcissism can be found in empathy is in for torture, IMO. The book, Malignant Self Love by Sam Vaknin(a self described narcissist) is a disturbing look into their twisted thinking.

After reading it, I believe the only way to even deal with Casey is to confront every lie, box her in, not respond to her "charm" and make her chosen lifestyle as painful for her as possible. It has to hurt Casey.

Seriously, I find this analogy interesting. After seeing those jailhouse visit tapes endlessly where G & A tell Casey how "gorgeous" she is, call her sweetheart and placate her to a nauseating degree, and after listening to all the tributes they threw to her feet yesterday during her murdered daughter's memorial and after hearing LP, Rick, Shirley and others recount how Casey was always allowed to get away with anything, it nagged me what this was all reminding of.

Now I remember. There is a classic, classic episode of the Twilight Zone called "It's A Good Life". It's the one with the little boy with supernatural powers that he uses to torment and control everyone who crosses his path. His family and the town are horrified by him and totally under his control. If they displease him in any way he sends them "to the cornfield". Everyone tiptoes around the kid, placating him, telling him what a good little boy he is. If you're remembering the episode now, then you're might be struck at the parallel to the way everyone in the Anthony family placates Casey, allows her to bully them with her little tantrums and demands. Casey controls that family to the extent that even while she is jailed they are placating her from the pulpit. "The Cornfield" in Casey's case is alienating the Anthonys from her love, although I am hard put to explain why they want it.

There is a great synopsis of the episode here comparing it to the way the family of a narcissist operates.
http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/goodlife.html

It is well worth the read, imo, in a more entertaining way than most psychological articles.

Creepy little notes: the demonic kid who sends people and pets who displease him "to the cornfield" is named Anthony and he's from Ohio.

An interesting aside: within that article is a link to a lengthy article about the hateful Phelps family of the so-called Westboro Baptist Church. If you read it, be prepared to be horrified at the stories two of his sons tell of his extreme abuse of his children. I couldn't read it all.

This is KC exactly! It has always sickened me to see the control she has over George & Cindy. I have a brother just like her (well, not as bad seeing as he has not murdered anyone). My brother is a BULLY and everyone has always tip toed around him.

I think Cindy was trying to make herself believe that if she was nice enough, KC would tell her where Caylee was. She couldn't accept that Caylee was dead.

IMO, the family just keeps on doing what they have always done: fawning over her and feeding her ego, making her feel all the more powerful.

i think it is quite sad that, even if she is accused, her own parents determined to ignore her wishes for a private service for Caylee.

Maybe they didn't ignore her wishes.

Baez brought a laptop into Casey's cell.

Lee had a laptop on the podium.

Maybe they were united and together via webcab?

JMO

Brini, your response to the other poster hit me like a ton of bricks. CA said KC and Caylee were going on "vacation" for a few days so they could "bond". She was 2 years and 10 months old at the time and KC had not yet bonded with her child? I thought it was strange then and now it makes sense. She is a true sociopath and unfortunately for Caylee the bonding never happened. I see it in so many pictures of KC and child. The child (Caylee) has a look of apprehension that shows that bond is not there and makes complete sense now.
I agree that Caylee seems wary of Casey in many pictures and videos. It is like she doesn't know what to expect.

From the poem:

With great power
comes great consequence
------------------------

Isn't that a line from "Spiderman?"

I thought about Casey's poem yesterday when Cindy said that the greatest gift she'd ever received was Caylee Marie.

"What is given
Can be taken away"

Looking at all the info in this case has me seeing that KC did leave many clues as she has stated several times. She made those comments about the memorial out of pathological sport. Nothing for her to gain but the jazz she gets from her own passive agreesivness I feel she has resigned herself to being guilty of Caylees murder but is going to make everyone work and pay for her conviction.

Isn't it bizarre that Casey and her mother had to have passive aggressive discourse through their my space pages? The bickering continued even when they weren't around each other. Of course what the OP pointed out was in reference to what we now know was KC's secret weapon, murder, to win the final argument. In effect, KC killed the golden goose by which they all profited. And before anyone raps me on the head, yes, I know we're talking about a very precious little girl whose life was cut short. Poor little Caylee was used by both Cindy and KC to get at each others' throats when they weren't literally at each others' throats. In the grand scheme of this family, Caylee was a pawn, an entertaining pawn, but a pawn none the less. Cindy can consider her the baby, a gift, an angel, but Caylee would never have been allowed to be her own person with individual likes and dislikes, and needs.

I evidence this by the conversation Cindy had with her co-worker after the car had been retrieved from impoundment. In that conversation, she refers to Caylee five times as "the baby," not once calling her by her given name, and that's objectifying the child. Caylee could be anything and everything except seen as a separate human being. This is a family full of scripted characters, none of whom are allowed to be real in their own interactions with each other.

I'm of the opinion that direct confrontation only comes about in this family during times of crisis. Otherwise, everything is inferred, sidestepped or talked around through the use of manipulative actions and responses. I really believe the only way George could express his need for a time out is by threatening suicide. In this family, drastic feelings call for drastic measures. I don't think anyone in this family really listens or hears anyone else. I don't think this is a family who would ultimately trust a counselor or counseling. They're hanging onto their scripts with all their might. This isn't something that happened overnight, didn't fall from the sky. This is multi-generational, and in a psychological sense they're all victims. Victims grow up to be perpetrators though, so what was perpetrated on George and Cindy as children is repeated with their own children.

In going back over Lee's interview with LE, I noted inappropriate chuckles at what should be serious moments. I take that as a measure of his personal distress. Here's a person who in the past has not been allowed to openly express how he feels within this family, something that's gone on since childhood. This is how inappropriate responses develop, and it wasn't the child's doing or adult Lee's doing. It was the environment he grew up in. In order to break the cycle with his own child, yet to be born, Lee will have to decide to be Lee, and say to h&ll with what everyone else in this family expects of him, and break with the toxicity of his parents with whom he's currently enmeshed. Lee is the hope for this family. He has not yet realized his power. If there's to be any healthful change in this family, only he can bring it about through his actions. The rest are too far gone.

Looking at all the info in this case has me seeing that KC did leave many clues as she has stated several times. She made those comments about the memorial out of pathological sport. Nothing for her to gain but the jazz she gets from her own passive agreesivness I feel she has resigned herself to being guilty of Caylees murder but is going to make everyone work and pay for her conviction.

or she asked that the memorial be private and her mother who put together the memorial service did it the way she wanted anyway. seems to me her statement 'i cannot stop my parents doing what they want." was the only clear message she gave. her request was ignored in favor of the martyrgram show.

Oh, I don't think it's sad.

KC is toxic. She has poisoned the lives of everyone she's ever come in contact with, with lies, manipulation, and crimes.

She's lost any right to a say in how Caylee should be memorialized. I think it's right to leave that to the grandparents who sought to protect and help her every way they could.

Even if the grandparents are in need of psychiatric treatment themselves--I don't think they are particularly unusual peeople. It's KC who is unusual. She has no empathy for people she hurts.

:chicken:

I have to strongly disagree that Cindy is not "unusual." Although I continue to have sympathy for her obvious
suffering, I just strongly feel something is way off kilter with her. It's possible she speaks to Cayce with endearments, etc., while at the same time withholding true love and acceptance, further aggravating Casey's pathological peronality.

This is my favorite thread on the Caylee case; I'm so fascinated/horrified by this family.

Isn't it bizarre that Casey and her mother had to have passive aggressive discourse through their my space pages? The bickering continued even when they weren't around each other. Of course what the OP pointed out was in reference to what we now know was KC's secret weapon, murder, to win the final argument. In effect, KC killed the golden goose by which they all profited. And before anyone raps me on the head, yes, I know we're talking about a very precious little girl whose life was cut short. Poor little Caylee was used by both Cindy and KC to get at each others' throats when they weren't literally at each others' throats. In the grand scheme of this family, Caylee was a pawn, an entertaining pawn, but a pawn none the less. Cindy can consider her the baby, a gift, an angel, but Caylee would never have been allowed to be her own person with individual likes and dislikes, and needs.

I evidence this by the conversation Cindy had with her co-worker after the car had been retrieved from impoundment. In that conversation, she refers to Caylee five times as "the baby," not once calling her by her given name, and that's objectifying the child. Caylee could be anything and everything except seen as a separate human being. This is a family full of scripted characters, none of whom are allowed to be real in their own interactions with each other.

I'm of the opinion that direct confrontation only comes about in this family during times of crisis. Otherwise, everything is inferred, sidestepped or talked around through the use of manipulative actions and responses. I really believe the only way George could express his need for a time out is by threatening suicide. In this family, drastic feelings call for drastic measures. I don't think anyone in this family really listens or hears anyone else. I don't think this is a family who would ultimately trust a counselor or counseling. They're hanging onto their scripts with all their might. This isn't something that happened overnight, didn't fall from the sky. This is multi-generational, and in a psychological sense they're all victims. Victims grow up to be perpetrators though, so what was perpetrated on George and Cindy as children is repeated with their own children.

In going back over Lee's interview with LE, I noted inappropriate chuckles at what should be serious moments. I take that as a measure of his personal distress. Here's a person who in the past has not been allowed to openly express how he feels within this family, something that's gone on since childhood. This is how inappropriate responses develop, and it wasn't the child's doing or adult Lee's doing. It was the environment he grew up in. In order to break the cycle with his own child, yet to be born, Lee will have to decide to be Lee, and say to h&ll with what everyone else in this family expects of him, and break with the toxicity of his parents with whom he's currently enmeshed. Lee is the hope for this family. He has not yet realized his power. If there's to be any healthful change in this family, only he can bring it about through his actions. The rest are too far gone.

Great post - thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Lee's laughter about the smell of Caylee's rotting corpse will forever haunt me. While it's true he may still believe the body in the trunk of his sister's car was not Caylee, it's clear there is compelling evidence to suggest and even prove otherwise.

DT

Ooooh, I am so in love with that description! :blowkiss:

I don't necessarily see the perp as accepting her fate. More likely she lives from day to day, and that's what she felt like doing that day. Like a cat toying with a mouse. Maybe she was particularly bored at the time.

I've always thought that Christopher Walken portrayed psychopaths the best- he showed their petulance.

Originally posted by Indigo
Anyone who thinks that the cure for narcissism can be found in empathy is in for torture, IMO.

Transformation of the narcissistic layers of the self rather than "cure" is the goal of treatment for narcissistic personality disorders. This requires YEARS
of post-doctoral training in the method of empathic attunement described by the psychoanalyst who first identified narcissistic personality disorders.
(Importantly, he made a distinction between "narcissistic behavior disorders" which were believed untreatable, versus narcissistic personality disorders.)

Fictional characters in films such as American Psycho & the Twilight Zone kid
suggest the type of malignant narcissism most often seen in psychopaths (aka sociopaths, antisocial personalities) who also are not believed amenable
to usual forms of treatment.

In real-life settings, especially forensic settings, a differential diagnosis should never be attempted by other than a skilled psychologist or
psychiatrist who combine a huge amount of objective data before ever
proposing a diagnostic label.

Isn't it bizarre that Casey and her mother had to have passive aggressive discourse through their my space pages? The bickering continued even when they weren't around each other. Of course what the OP pointed out was in reference to what we now know was KC's secret weapon, murder, to win the final argument. In effect, KC killed the golden goose by which they all profited. And before anyone raps me on the head, yes, I know we're talking about a very precious little girl whose life was cut short. Poor little Caylee was used by both Cindy and KC to get at each others' throats when they weren't literally at each others' throats. In the grand scheme of this family, Caylee was a pawn, an entertaining pawn, but a pawn none the less. Cindy can consider her the baby, a gift, an angel, but Caylee would never have been allowed to be her own person with individual likes and dislikes, and needs. <snipped>

Apart from totally agreeing with you, it certainly places Cindy's comment at the memorial in high relief- that her greatest gift in life was Caylee. Not the perp, but Caylee.

I didn't hear Lee's statements with the inappropriate laughter people are referring to but just wanted to say........are you sure, very clearly, it was actual laughing? Like heh heh, or ha ha ha laughs?

Because when I am nervous or in distress or maybe extremely weary, I may sound like I am punctuating sentences with a "huh" which may sound like a little laugh but it's not. Does this make sense? It's kind of a cough/grunt/tsk type thing that I am not even aware I am doing. And sometimes it might be nervous giggle- I can't explain it, it's just pure nerves.

But I'm not one of those people who actually laughs in bad situations although I have been told this is normal sometimes....I have heard of people being given news in person that someone died, and laughing- they obviously don't think it's funny, and are in shock. I have not seen Lee's videos but am wondetring if maybe he's just nervous or trying to toe the line in the family and it unconscious OR if he's actually just kind of kicking back and laughing a little, cool as a cuke?

I thought about Casey's poem yesterday when Cindy said that the greatest gift she'd ever received was Caylee Marie.

"What is given
Can be taken away"

When she said that I thought is she trying to make up for her comment Caylee was KC best mistake..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Papaya-salad