Casey files for-Indigency; Defense reveals how much it's been paid!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if the state can collect from any future income, does that mean that if she wants to appeal, she'll have to have a public defender, or can she keep her same private attorneys?

The docket has been updated:

03/08/2010 Motion
for Determination of Indigency for Costs (re-faxed due to pages missing from 3/5/10 packet)
03/08/2010 Affidavit of Insolvency/Indigency
03/08/2010 Affidavit of Attorney's Fees
Indigent for Costs re: Andrea Lyon
Indigent for Costs re: Jose Baez

Has anyone seen the actual motion published? I for one would like to read it, along with these affadavits.

The docket has been updated:

03/08/2010 Motion
for Determination of Indigency for Costs (re-faxed due to pages missing from 3/5/10 packet)
03/08/2010 Affidavit of Insolvency/Indigency
Indigent for Costs re: Andrea Lyon
Indigent for Costs re: Jose Baez

Has anyone seen the actual motion published? I for one would like to read it, along with these affadavits.

Not sure if I did the right thing, but I started a thread here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97393"]Trial calendar released - May 9, 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

hoping we see the actual order soon!

How can they ask for money for the defense experts when earlier they were all pro-bono??? Does that mean they now need to find someone/anyone who could come up with something?:waitasec:

Hopefully some of our esteemed attorney's can back me or correct me on this, but it is my understanding that these experts must work for the state at the same rate they charged the defense. So if they were pro bono then, they should be now.

As a Florida taxpayer, I want to know why I am paying for an out of state DP attorney when we have some who are very qualified right here in Central Florida. :furious:

Happy BIrthday Strawberry! Hope you have a beautiful day!:HappyBday

I believe Casey's defense in the civil suit is being paid for by Cindy and George's homeowners' insurance carrier. Theoretically, the causes of action which might be based on unintentional negligence/negligent misrepresentation as opposed to malicious slander/intentional wrongful conduct might be covered by the homeowners' insurance policy. Thus the homeowners' insurance has a duty to defend its insured (since Casey was a legal occupant of the Anthony residence) in the civil lawsuit even if it ultimately has no duty to pay the claim/judgment.

Katprint
10+ years defending insurance claims
Always only my own opinions
I was just reading over here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4897160#post4897160"]2009.05.19*REVISIT* Gonzalez's attys have amended complaint by accusing Cindy Anthony - Page 6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] and if this is correct, this is not under the homeowners insurance. Maybe someone has a better link - just remembered this was mentioned here!

Hopefully some of our esteemed attorney's can back me or correct me on this, but it is my understanding that these experts must work for the state at the same rate they charged the defense. So if they were pro bono then, they should be now.

that what I was thinking--but in one of the articles it stated they were looking for payment for "experts" ot of state and such....doesn't make sense...unless all those that were on this team quit--because they really have gone undercover....:waitasec:

I have always believed if you could not afford an attorney one would be appointed to you. I've also always believed pro bono meant defending without compensation. If I'm wrong someone please correct me. Thanks :)

Will this claim of indigent include past expenses that may remain unpaid? ie: Dominic Casey, amongst many others? Will the state have to pay the past due expenses as well as expenses going forward?

I REALLY REALLY wish for his honor to address the "she was willing to pay for her defense until the state put the DP back on the table". I mean c'mon, it reeks of contempt. That one little word WILLING is a game changer. It states intent.

I was willing to pay for this big bowl of chili, until you told me I was going to get a big dose of heartburn. But now I already ate it and there's nothing you can do about it and I'm not gonna pay it. PUHLEEZ!:banghead::loser:

I have a question and please forgive me if this has already been asked....I am at work and havent caught up on the entire thread yet.

I read that if she makes any monies for book/movie deals or whatever the case may be, that she would have to repay the state that money.......I was wondering if anyone knows if her commissary monies can also be confiscated? I dont know how I feel about taxpayers paying for her defense while she munches on cheetos and dip.......
Secondly, if she beats the rap (God forbid) and gets out of jail in 2011, will they take any money she makes at that point, provided she gets herself a job?

TIA for the answers! :)

Will this claim of indigent include past expenses that may remain unpaid? ie: Dominic Casey, amongst many others? Will the state have to pay the past due expenses as well as expenses going forward?

I REALLY REALLY wish for his honor to address the "she was willing to pay for her defense until the state put the DP back on the table". I mean c'mon, it reeks of contempt. That one little word WILLING is a game changer. It states intent.

I was willing to pay for this big bowl of chili, until you told me I was going to get a big dose of heartburn. But now I already ate it and there's nothing you can do about it and I'm not gonna pay it. PUHLEEZ!:banghead::loser:

Well, I don't know about you but in 2008 JB had the money to pay DC so if it were me I'd be saying to DC why didn't you get your money when she had it. He must have known it would run out sometime. I think, though DC thought he was getting money from a book deal. JMO

Thanks Muzikman!

Any idea why it appears that Casey has written over existing text in the affidavits?

LOL! I was wondering the same thing. It must be that poor ole JB couldn't even afford a clean, new form....he had to use an old one and have is poor little ole client write over the old stuff. :crazy:

Can someone help me?????? At the bottom of the application for indigent status there is a place to list how many dependants that you have. This newest one shows 0. Guess that blows Mr. MAcIntyre's theory out huh?????

Help me find the first one. I can't remember looking closely at that to see if she listed 1 dependant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member