Casey Interview Recordings Released Discussion Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think the family is encouraging her to hold her head up high because she will not get any jail time for these crimes?

Here's a new pondering point. We know that she's "comfortable" around men - flirts, hits on, her "world" revolves around her being able to "manipulate" men (whether she is actually successful or not). I wonder what her demeanor would be like if she was grilled like she was at Universal by WOMEN detectives? Think about that a minute - instead of being questioned by big, veteran, "manly man" detectives - she was questioned by woman detectives? Who knows - LE might have done that (after the one that was released) and they just aren't going to release that one.

Me likey!

An Alpha female detective - similar in appearance and manner to Cindy might have an entirely different impact.

You insightful sleuther, you.

I do not think that GA and CA helped Casey kill their granddaughter. But I do believe that they helped her cover it up. I also think that they are upholding her to the fullest extent because they know if she goes down. She will eventually tell on them for helping her and they will be prosecuted.

I do not think that GA and CA helped Casey kill their granddaughter. But I do believe that they helped her cover it up. I also think that they are upholding her to the fullest extent because they know if she goes down. She will eventually tell on them for helping her and they will be prosecuted.

I agree with you, except I am not so sure Casey will rat out her parents. Afterall, she never knows when she might need to "use them" down the road.

http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies.php

Signs of Deception:

Verbal Context and Content
• A liar will use your words to make answer a question. When asked, “Did you eat the last cookie?” The liar answers, “No, I did not eat the last cookie.”
•A statement with a contraction is more likely to be truthful: “ I didn't do it” instead of “I did not do it”
• Liars sometimes avoid "lying" by not making direct statements. They imply answers instead of denying something directly.
• The guilty person may speak more than natural, adding unnecessary details to convince you... they are not comfortable with silence or pauses in the conversation.
• A liar may leave out pronouns and speak in a monotonous tone. When a truthful statement is made the pronoun is emphasized as much or more than the rest of the words in a statement.
• Words may be garbled and spoken softly, and syntax and grammar may be off. In other words, his sentences will likely be muddled rather than emphasized.

Other signs of a lie:
• If you believe someone is lying, then change subject of a conversation quickly, a liar follows along willingly and becomes more relaxed. The guilty wants the subject changed; an innocent person may be confused by the sudden change in topics and will want to back to the previous subject.
• Using humor or sarcasm to avoid a subject.

http://www.mahalo.com/How_to_Tell_if_Someone_is_Lying
Method 3: Voice Changes

Method 4: Statement Analysis

1. Use less first-person pronouns. A liar will try to distance him or herself from the lie by reducing their use of "I" and "me." Instead they will often use third person pronouns such as "you," "we," "it," "they," "them" or even drop the pronoun altogether.
  2. Use the pronoun "that" as a distancing word'. One of the best examples of this is Bill Clinton's infamous statement, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky."
  3. Shift pronouns. A liar often shifts their pronoun use. For example, they might go from "we" to "they," say "my wife and I" instead of "we" or switch from saying "my car" to "the car."
  4. Use more negative emotion words. Liars will use words such as hate, worthless and sad as if subconsciously expressing their guilt or anxiety.
  5. Use fewer exclusionary words. Liars have problems distinguishing between what they did and did not do and, as a result, will avoid using words such as except, but and nor.
  6. Use convincing statements such as "to tell you the truth" or "to be perfectly honest."
  7. Use noncommittal phrases such as "I think," "I believe," "to the best of my knowledge" or "kind of." Use less cognitive words such as "understand" and "realize."
  8. Change or use the incorrect verb tenses. Liars will often shift verb tense when telling a lie or use the incorrect verb tense. Scott Peterson made this mistake in a January 28 interview on Good Morning, America when he said, "I mean we took care of each other, very well. She was amazing." He promptly corrected himself and added, "She is amazing."
  9. Add extraneous information. Liars feel the need to convince you of their story and will often add extra information to their stories.
  10. Change nouns to refer to the same thing. People have specific vocabularies. Any deviation from this vocabulary is a good indicator that their reality has shifted from the truth to a lie.
  11. Mix up small details. Honest people have a clear picture of what happened and will be consistent with the smaller details. Without this mental image, liars will have trouble with minor things and will not be as consistent about them.
  12. More likely to make passive statements. For example, they will say "I'm not guilty of the crime."

This is an amazing post and can be applied while listening to the recordings....she does ALL of the things listed above. Wish we could create a sticky for it. Awesome.

Thank you.

This is an amazing post and can be applied while listening to the recordings....she does ALL of the things listed above. Wish we could create a sticky for it. Awesome.

Thank you.

I second that.. Winnts, wow.
I recommend anyone that has not listened to the tapes yet read Winnts post first, then listen. It is dead on. Great Job, and I would put it in the docs/media links

I don't believe the detectives were being truthful about the video they said they had of the sawgrass apts.
LE often lie during intergations, to get people to break and confess.
If they had gotten another chance to talk with KC I'm sure they would have been a lot tougher on her.
We have to remember they arrested her the day after the 911 call. The 400 pages were still in creation, Det. Melich was getting phone calls during the interview of the others being interviewed at the same time.
He would have asked more questions had he had known at the time all that was to come out. He never got the chance.
However, I do believe that his tactics were wrong. I think they may have gotten a little egotistical and tried to break this girl, and never noticed it wasn't working, with all the experience that was in that room, 30 years i believe he said? He should have tried something else, or brought in someone to help them ask the right questions.
I'm sure knowing what he knows now, he could go back in and get her to say what ever he wants, sad thing is, it's not going to happen.

I would really like to know what the GA and CA's opinion of these tapes are. They know their daughter better than anyone. I'm just curious if they think she is full of bull after hearing these because I sure did. I didn't think her story was credible before hearing the tapes but now am 110% sure she is full of it. She knows what happened to that baby. When she says she doesn't know where her daughter is - I think she is justifying it by thinking "I did know where she was when I left her but she's not there anymore therefore I really don't know where she is":furious:

I would really like to know what the GA and CA's opinion of these tapes are. They know their daughter better than anyone. I'm just curious if they think she is full of bull after hearing these because I sure did. I didn't think her story was credible before hearing the tapes but now am 110% sure she is full of it. She knows what happened to that baby. When she says she doesn't know where her daughter is - I think she is justifying it by thinking "I did know where she was when I left her but she's not there anymore therefore I really don't know where she is":furious:

They will say the same thing they did about the party pictures "She isn't worried because she knows she didn't do anything to hurt Caylee and Caylee is safe with someone who betrayed her trust"

I was listening the tapes a while ago. At the point where Det. is asking Casey about her abandoned care he questions about running out of gas: "\was this before or after Caylee/
KC pauses for quite a while and says oh, definityly after.
My thought is what if she did run out of gas with Caylee? and that actually caused the flury of phone calls? She leaves Caylee to find help, get gas or whatever, (maybe get the gas cans) and comes back to Caylee no longer breathing?

Later brings the car to where it happned to kind of stay with the story of running out of gas?

I'm sure they still believe she is being strong for Caylee.

Me likey!

An Alpha female detective - similar in appearance and manner to Cindy might have an entirely different impact.

You insightful sleuther, you.
I think she'd be very HOSTILE to a woman detective. moo

I have to add this after listening to them. The police report is VERY accurate so I defy anyone to claim the police made all this up.

I was listening the tapes a while ago. At the point where Det. is asking Casey about her abandoned care he questions about running out of gas: "\was this before or after Caylee/
My thought is what if she did run out of gas with Caylee? and that actually caused the flury of phone calls? She leaves Caylee to find help, get gas or whatever, (maybe get the gas cans) and comes back to Caylee no longer breathing?

Later brings the car to where it happned to kind of stay with the story of running out of gas?

Wouldn't someone have noticed Caylee being in the car? I guess this might be possible. Has LE ever tracked down the guys who helped her push her car after if ran out of gas?

I hadn't thought of this possibility, but it raises a cogent point: There are numerous ways that a toddler can die accidentally, especially if the parent or caretaker is negligent. For an emotionally inmature woman such as Casey, rationalizing such a fatal incident to herself might be easy. Her feeling might be, with my life ahead of me, why go to prison for something that wasn't my fault?

Wouldn't someone have noticed Caylee being in the car? I guess this might be possible. Has LE ever tracked down the guys who helped her push her car after if ran out of gas?

With all the lies KC has told, do you think she was telling the truth about these 2 guys? I got to thinking about the pics someone posted of the Amscot in an earlier thread. There are security cameras around the Amscot bldg. I can't remember if it was known whether LE had recovered any of the security cam footage from Amscot, but you'd think that if the vehicle was pushed into the parking lot (or driven in), those cams might have captured some of that.

With all the lies KC has told, do you think she was telling the truth about these 2 guys? I got to thinking about the pics someone posted of the Amscot in an earlier thread. There are security cameras around the Amscot bldg. I can't remember if it was known whether LE had recovered any of the security cam footage from Amscot, but you'd think that if the vehicle was pushed into the parking lot (or driven in), those cams might have captured some of that.

I don't know what to believe anymore. It seems like every word that comes out of that girl's mouth is a lie!

This is my very first post so I hope I'm doing it right, anyway...

From the first time I heard the story about Casey running out of gas and she called Tony to come get her because the car broke down, which story was true? Out of gas or broke down? Seems to me if it really was just out of gas she would have called someone to bring her a can of gas! I listened to the interviews and was disappointed when I didn't hear the detectives ask her why she abandoned the car if it was just out of gas.

This is my very first post so I hope I'm doing it right, anyway...

From the first time I heard the story about Casey running out of gas and she called Tony to come get her because the car broke down, which story was true? Out of gas or broke down? Seems to me if it really was just out of gas she would have called someone to bring her a can of gas! I listened to the interviews and was disappointed when I didn't hear the detectives ask her why she abandoned the car if it was just out of gas.

Hi Dazed N Confused :blowkiss: welcome and very good point. If a car runs out of gas you simply call AAA or whomever and get gas and then off you go. gosh, even if the car broke down I would not leave it, I'd call a tow truck and have it towed to get fixed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member